Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As I mentioned before. If he is on the way to disposing of the body, why risk a stop and not just dispose of the phone with the body?
( above selected by me for brevity only)

Hi Scooby, you referenced my post in your reply, yet I respectfully wonder if you read the entirety of my suggestions ( I did apologise for its length) as I believe I provided reasonable ‘rebuttals’ for your positings.

E.G. in the case of your above, I believe he deliberately disposed of the phone in a different region to where her body is. He knew he could ‘locate’ her phone by having it Ping in that location.

( above selected by me for brevity only)

Hi Scooby, you referenced my post in your reply, yet I respectfully wonder if you read the entirety of my suggestions ( I did apologise for its length) as I believe I provided reasonable ‘rebuttals’ for your positings.

E.G. in the case of your above, I believe he deliberately disposed of the phone in a different region to where her body is. He knew he could ‘locate’ her phone by having it Ping in that location.
Sorry Warshawski, I was just rambling on, I shouldn't have done a reply, but started new.
I still find it strange he didn't dispose of the phone with her body or destroy it completely when he disposed of her and left it with her.
I still think, someone or others have some involvement

By the 4th March;

“Police revealed they have been wading through 12,000 hours of CCTV and on Monday confirmed they have 770 pieces of information.”

Within one month. That blows my mind.

Re: the pouncing

“Mr Gregory expected there could be a team of up to 100 people trawling through the phone data and then chasing down the people identified.
"They're going to have to find the people, ask what they're doing in the area and follow up.

Could the police have already contacted PS about his movements due to his phone proximity & activity in the area on the day?
Or did surveillance & bugging determine the need to move in when they did? The initial suppression order bounced between concerns for his mental health and his dad’s privacy. Maybe he was becoming agitated or flighty.

This is when we become so grateful for technology, imo.
But once Flags appear, the contacting of people is all manual, and to get it right, skilled investigators are required.

I agree, PS could well have been spoken to prior to his arrest, as perhaps were others in the vicinity on 4th Feb. But I think as you say, solidifying Data in all forms then put him clearly in the hot seat, so they made the move. . better to do it early at home ‘in the some what remoteness’ than in the public busyness of the work day surrounds etc.
And I can’t help wonder if his family were simultaneously paid a warning visit, given how quickly they moved on.

Sorry Warshawski, I was just rambling on, I shouldn't have done a reply, but started new.
I still find it strange he didn't dispose of the phone with her body or destroy it completely when he disposed of her and left it with her.
I still think, someone or others have some involvement
OK no worries.

But I am interested - if you killed someone & disposed of their body - would you be happy that all trails quickly led to the finding of that body, with your incriminating DNA all over it etc.

Or would you instead start to consider what means you may have available to you to throw searchers off the scent of such body ?

Full disclosure here, I’ve no experience as a Murderer, but I reckon if I went to the trouble of hiding the body, I’d be keen to do all I could to ensure it wasn’t found.

(ummm - but some murders just cover them with sticks or whatever in an easy to find place - now we go to profiling. I need to stop!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mustanglawton
Back