Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why didn't they show a full photo of her pants and what type of running shoes she was wearing, as that is important, especially If someone finds one in the forest
Describing the pants as black leggings was probably considered enough.

The type of shoes she was wearing might be hold back information. Also given the amount of publicity this case has had, it's highly likely that if anyone found womens shoes in the forest they would alert the police.

Why do they need to release any others?

They've shown what she was wearing, shows a very clear front on photo of her face.

I've not seen conflicting reports at all, far from it IMO
You would release a photo of her about to go for a run, a very recent one. The photo of Samantha holding a doggie bag, doesn't look to be her about to go for a run, she is wearing her apple smartwatch.
But another news outlet on Sky News is saying they aren't sure she was wearing her watch, so that photo doesn't look recent, as her watch is in the photo, also there is no time and date stamped from her security camera, that could be an old photo, like the other ones released to the media. To me, it's a bit odd.

Describing the pants as black leggings was probably considered enough.

The type of shoes she was wearing might be hold back information. Also given the amount of publicity this case has had, it's highly likely that if anyone found womens shoes in the forest they would alert the police.
Sorry, doesn't sit right. Why tell the media this was Samantha about to go for her run in the photo, and she is wearing her watch, but Skynews reporting they are not sure whether she was wearing her watch ?

I think any shoes found would have been reported. Looks to me she had black runners on.
There is no photo of the colour and brand of shoes and to me, she looks like she's wearing black slacks, not short black tights. I don't think Samantha was going for a run in this photo and for whatever reason, police I feel have deliberately used this main photo because it's not specific in showing her pants and if she was wearing running shoes

But another news outlet on Sky News is saying they aren't sure she was wearing her watch, so that photo doesn't look recent, as her watch is in the photo, also there is no time and date stamped from her security camera, that could be an old photo, like the other ones released to the media. To me, it's a bit odd.

Could you please post the links for what you are speaking of? On WS we need to back up our statements with links. Thank you.

Here is a Sky article that clearly states she was wearing a watch

Feb 9th 2014

Ms Murphy was wearing a watch and carrying her phone at the time she disappeared, with police previously confirming the device pinged near the Buninyong Golf Course about 14km from her home. Telecommunications technicians have been engaged by police

Sorry, doesn't sit right. Why tell the media this was Samantha about to go for her run in the photo, and she is wearing her watch, but Skynews reporting they are not sure whether she was wearing her watch ?
Media don't always report details accurately. I would go as far as to say they often get details wrong, some outlets more than others IMO.

Thank you. It is an article from 4 days after Sam disappeared. We now know that the police tracked Sam's phone through the forest to Mt Clear. And we know that Sam is still missing, and that PS has been arrested for her murder after he allegedly deliberately attacked her.

A lot has happened since then.

Here is a Sky article that clearly states she was wearing a watch

Feb 9th 2014

Ms Murphy was wearing a watch and carrying her phone at the time she disappeared, with police previously confirming the device pinged near the Buninyong Golf Course about 14km from her home. Telecommunications technicians have been engaged by police
There are different reports. But personally, I don't think that is a recent photo of Sam going for a run. I don't think she was about to go for a run, either.
But we will have to wait until everything is revealed in court

There are different reports. But personally, I don't think that is a recent photo of Sam going for a run. I don't think she was about to go for a run, either.
But we will have to wait until everything is revealed in court

So you think that the police have it all wrong? Even though they have the evidence and the prosecution has proceeded with a murder charge against PS?

Because I am pretty sure that is what is going to be revealed in court. The evidence against PS.

So you think that the police have it all wrong? Even though they have the evidence and the prosecution has proceeded with a murder charge against PS?

Because I am pretty sure that is what is going to be revealed in court. The evidence against PS
Police can believe whatever they believe, and say whatever they choose to say. Whether it was a deliberate act (or anything else) needs to be proven beyond reasonable doubt in a court of law.
What actually happened has nothing to do with what anyone says, or believes, or even what is found in court. They are all separate and distinct things.
I feel there is more to this, and he's had help

Last edited:
I think he killed her, but maybe he's had help
The whole thing is intriguing, and the police have their way of investigating and keeping everything quiet

Yes, but I don't think they can keep an additional murder charge against someone else, or an accessory charge against someone else, quiet. I think that would be a public record, wouldn't it?

imo

Yes, but I don't think they can keep an additional murder charge against someone else, or an accessory charge against someone else, quiet. I think that would be a public record, wouldn't it?

imo
We don't know if others are being watched. But there is a long way to go with this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back