Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From your linked photos ... see the difference in the widths of the dried mud on either side of the dam?
View attachment 535978
Just to clarify, I think the phone was up the other end of this photo. I’m trying to find a whole dam shot at that level on the day. Is that what you mean too, or are you actually referring to the (northern?) end of the dam with the red box on it?

Attachments

• IMG_3845.jpeg
    IMG_3845.jpeg
    158.6 KB · Views: 2
Did PS work for his father? They’d have similar work vehicles don’t you think? Perhaps no company decals too.
The enclosed tray would hold electrical supplies and tools ready for all the jobs.

Attachments

• IMG_3836.jpeg
    IMG_3836.jpeg
    246.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3837.jpeg
    IMG_3837.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 2
Just to clarify, I think the phone was up the other end of this photo. I’m trying to find a whole dam shot at that level on the day. Is that what you mean too, or are you actually referring to the (northern?) end of the dam with the red box on it?

I can't place exactly where on the dam, but I think it was on the roadside due to the narrow strip of dried mud along there. I have tried to gauge as many indicators as I can from the photos of the doggy discovering the phone.

Did PS work for his father? They’d have similar work vehicles don’t you think? Perhaps no company decals too.
The enclosed tray would hold electrical supplies and tools ready for all the jobs.

I was wondering about the vehicles yesterday. The photo of PS' vehicle doesn't show the make of the vehicle, it is covered by the bullbar. But the one at the house is a Ford.

I was wondering if they were both the same make, because I wanted to see if PS' vehicle contained a computer that would produce telematics for the investigators. But it is too hard (for me) to tell the make of PS' vehicle.

Last edited:
I can't place exactly where on the dam, but I think it was on the roadside due to the narrow strip of dried mud along there. I have tried to gauge as many indicators as I can from the photos of the doggy discovering the phone.
That’s why I did the overlay - to ascertain where the phone was lying based on the close-up media shots of the phone on the bank on the day. I reached this conclusion as the police, the dog, and the phone are all there on the southern end closest to the road. You can see the red box on the northern end as a reference point. I think we’re agreeing.

Attachments

• IMG_3839.jpeg
    IMG_3839.jpeg
    268.4 KB · Views: 5
That’s why I did the overlay - to ascertain where the phone was lying based on the close-up media shots of the phone on the bank on the day. I reached this conclusion as the police, the dog, and the phone are all there on the southern end closest to the road. You can see the red box on the northern end as a reference point. I think we’re agreeing.

Yes, sorry. I think I had your pink-arrow photo turned around in my mind, and thought you were pointing to the away-side of the dam. Apologies.

I was wondering about the vehicles yesterday. The photo of PS' vehicle doesn't show the make of the vehicle, it is covered by the bullbar. But the one at the house is a Ford.

I was wondering if they were both the same make, because I wanted to see if PS' vehicle contained a computer that would produce telematics for the investigators. But it is too hard (for me) to tell the make of PS' vehicle.
I think the ute photo being used in the media articles is just an example of a similar ute, and not his actual ute. The caption says, “Police have seized a white ute. (Nine)”.

I was thinking that if he worked for his father, there’s probably a higher likelihood that they had the same work utes (as attached in my previous post). Is it a Ford Ranger?

Last edited:
I think the ute photo being used in the media articles is just an example of a similar ute, and not his actual ute. The caption says, “Police have seized a white ute. (Nine)”.

I was thinking that if he worked for his father, there’s probably a higher likelihood that they had the same work utes (as attached in my previous post). Is it a Ford Ranger?

I think (judging by other photos in the article) the ute photo was probably copied from his social media.

It is possible they had the same make of ute. But I know the tradies that I do work for have a variety of work vans and utes of different makes. Their purchase depended on what was available and appropriate at the time. Unlike larger organisations that may purchase a fleet of vehicles from a specific dealer, all of the same make.

Just want to check that we’re looking at the same dam with both Rocket’s pic above & yours here ?
Yes, that's the northernmost one of the three. You can't see the boomerang shape because of foreshortening. If you click on the Google Maps link you can walk down and see the other two dams further down the road; or if you turn the angle you can see the greenish house nearer than the red one.

Sorry JLZ, I’m not understanding why you say he overthrew. ..

My thoughts were that ‘the thrower’ went for the middle, fell short, and as the dam dried up it became apparent in the silt / mud at waters edge.

I’ll just also say that I think it was a ridiculous place to dispose of the phone if you don’t want it found. .. which brings into question, was it meant to be found; was it not put there by .
I understand Rocket to be saying the phone was found at the end of the dam away from the road. Then if the thrower aimed for the middle, he didn't fall short. I think he didn't account for the adrenaline and put a little too much strength into the throw.

Maybe it was put there by someone who had every right to be on the property. No need to worry who saw them mucking about down there. But I find it simpler to think that the killer, who had the phone in his possession and had to use a car to dispose of the body anyway, stopped and threw it from the road.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj
Back