Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it got a feature
"Find my smart watch"
I wonder?

Aren't they synchronised?
I was wondering the same …..

I was also thinking …. Hoping … that Sam’s watch may be with her ??? And those tech dogs may help to find her … if Police have reasonable intel on the general location??? They were scheduled to be there for 3 days …. So should make the most of the opportunity … Yesterday, and other cases, have proved they can find these things relatively quickly …

IMO

I didn’t realise the dam where they found the mobile phone was so close to the road, so it would be easy to assume that the alleged murderer could have easily thrown it from his car into the dam….. You can see the dam in this first pic near the white Ute.

View attachment 506794

View attachment 506795
To my way of thinking the early announcement yesterday that an excavator was to be deployed at the search site was a little sensational , perhaps misleading,in that I had visions of metres of dirt being dug out to hopefully unearth human remains …. Instead we now learn it was there to clear the blackberry bushes between the road and the dam !

To my way of thinking the early announcement yesterday that an excavator was to be deployed at the search site was a little sensational , perhaps misleading,in that I had visions of metres of dirt being dug out to hopefully unearth human remains …. Instead we now learn it was there to clear the blackberry bushes between the road and the dam !
Best way to do it besides burning them, and you don't want to burn if there's a chance there's evidence under them to be found.

Another one of my rambling thoughts… the phone was still inside it’s leather wallet, with ID cards inside.

It seems like it was a quick reckless moment “crap, I have to get rid of the phone, chuck it in a body of water.” As opposed to “ok I need to destroy the phone, cut up the ID cards and destroy them separately.”

Could it also be that he disposed of her body, then on returning to his car discovered her phone was still inside the car? Thus disposing of it separately.

If she was running with her phone, it could have been in a pocket in her leggings (that’s where I keep my phone when running). So either she’s had it in her hands, or its been removed from her pocket.

All IMO

Last edited:
Do we know if police divers entered the dam today to search for human remains? If not, this also seems telling… that they must have intel telling them that her phone and her body would not be found together. IMO

It seems like it was a quick reckless moment “crap, I have to get rid of the phone, chuck it in a body of water.” As opposed to “ok I need to destroy the phone, cut up the ID cards and destroy them separately.”
Great points !!!

Could this sudden recklessness have been exacerbated by Polair searching over the Buninyong area as the first area searched by them??

I think him seeing / hearing Polair so close may have panicked him .?? He might have been thinking why aren’t they searching the Canadian Forest??? Etc .. Added with some possible paranoia, residual from a big night out and no sleep possibly???

IMO

Do we know if police divers entered the dam today to search for human remains? If not, this also seems telling… that they must have intel telling them that her phone and her body would not be found together. IMO
No, Police shut up shop at that dam site late yesterday …. Didn’t return today ..
I think they were only looking for the phone … agree totally with your assessment …

IMO

Last edited:
Dive squad were there, but it looks like the water might only be knee deep, if this picture from further up the thread is anything to go by. Wouldn't have taken too long to clear it if it's that shallow the whole way across.

Great points !!!

Could this sudden recklessness have been exacerbated by Polair searching over the Buninyong area as the first area searched by them??

I think him seeing / hearing Polair so close may have panicked him .?? He might have been thinking why aren’t they searching the Canadian Forest??? Etc .. Added with some possible paranoia, residual from a big night out and no sleep possibly???

IMO
Very possibly exacerbated by Polair, although was the Buninyong area searched only because of the 5pm (or whenever) phone ping?

if so, did the phone ping as a result of hitting the water, or did he remove the SIM card, causing the ping?

The point I’m trying to make is around timings…
Phone lands in water and pings
This ping is brought to the attention of PolAir who commence the Buninyong aerial search.

OR

SIM card removed from phone and creates the ping
This ping is brought to the attention of PolAir who commence the Buninyong aerial search.
PS panics and chucks phone in dam.

OR another scenario entirely

All IMO

Very possibly exacerbated by Polair, although was the Buninyong area searched only because of the 5pm (or whenever) phone ping?
I believe so …. As at the time, it seemed a bit odd that the actual running area was searched last by Polair …. Last light of the afternoon …

Police appeared to focus on the ping initially …. (Rightly so, it appears )

IMO

What I don't understand is that if this is the area where Samantha's phone last pinged at 5pm the day she went missing, then why has it taken all these months to search the area?
The police need to be sure, the accused murderer can be linked with the phone and dam. If they can't get this link, there is a strong possibility that someone else is involved. I am sure the accused murderer is feeling very uncomfortable at the moment and whether he still remains silent, especially on what the police might uncover

Really gotta hope they have a bunch of evidence and leads. Personally I feel it would have been too much of a risk it wouldn’t go in the water, to throw or from the other side of the fence.,,, no knowing how Depp the water is either
I agree. He either knew the dam was there or noticed it as he was looking for somewhere to dispose of the phone. He will then have pulled over and walked close enough to the water to ensure his throw made it well into the dam. He wouldn't have risked a poor throw from too far away because he then would have had to go down, retrieve it and take another throw.

Dive squad were there, but it looks like the water might only be knee deep, if this picture from further up the thread is anything to go by. Wouldn't have taken too long to clear it if it's that shallow the whole way across.

Yep.
It looked like a puddle to me!

The police need to be sure, the accused murderer can be linked with the phone and dam. If they can't get this link, there is a strong possibility that someone else is involved. I am sure the accused murderer is feeling very uncomfortable at the moment and whether he still remains silent, especially on what the police might uncover
BBM - it’s an interesting point you make Scooby… and if the accused has been sharing some gold nuggets with a buddy in remand, he’ll probably now start questioning whether he should be sharing any more!

Another move by LE may have been to get all their ducks in a row before starting this search, knowing that PS could well stop sharing info on the inside once the phone was found.

With the fact that LE spoke to the property owners a few weeks back to give them the heads up, they could very well have known where to search but had to play their cards close to their chest until they were ready to pounce.

In most parts of Australia including the south east Blackberry bushes don't need a lot of water to grow. Most are invasive weeds. They can draw water up from nearby too. Often found as a nuisance near streams, creeks, dams, water runoffs.
I live in the sth East and have blackberry and can confirm they have struggled this year .... a good thing as they are very invasive

I like to think that VICPOL about once a week drag in their scruffiest constable, deck him out in St VInnies gear, and , on the promise of double pay, insert him into the Remand Center, as a Lonely Burglar From Ballarat, having him slither up to Stephenson for smoko. and a chat. Next week, different scruffy sent in.

You can tell from the edges that when there's been more rain, the water would be over the diver's head. I think it would hold maybe a metre more water to fill it.
keep in mind the lack of rainfall Victoria has had, in addition looking at the photos of the dam it is very muddy on the banks which IMO looks as though water has been pumped from it recently.

I like to think that VICPOL about once a week drag in their scruffiest constable, deck him out in St VInnies gear, and , on the promise of double pay, insert him into the Remand Center, as a Lonely Burglar From Ballarat, having him slither up to Stephenson for smoko. and a chat. Next week, different scruffy sent in.
The poor old lonely Ballarat burglar… he just wants someone to talk to. I’d be wanting double pay too, but imagine the stories! Haha

I live in the sth East and have blackberry and can confirm they have struggled this year .... a good thing as they are very invasive
You can have mine! They have not struggled at all. I guess it depends on the individual water table. The ones pictured near the dam would have no trouble drawing up nearby moisture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxooowow