Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... someone is giving the police some information. Information that appears to be platinum. ( to add to the titanium info VICPOL already has on PS:D) Apparently, it is not the person charged with the crime.

VICPOL are pretty good at what they do, but even they could not conjure up a phone's location out of nothing. It has to be an informant.

From Mt Clear?? Remand Centre? Ballarat?
I think that police have managed to track PS’s phone, maybe had to ask for permission from Google etc. I think they are following PS’s trail from the day Samantha disappeared until he was arrested. Every small stop he made. Every movement. Just my opinion of course

I think that police have managed to track PS’s phone, maybe had to ask for permission from Google etc. I think they are following PS’s trail from the day Samantha disappeared until he was arrested. Every small stop he made. Every movement. Just my opinion of course
What a fabulous idea! It may well be the case!! Great thinking!!!

it has been very dry in Victoria over the past few months so not a lot of growth
In most parts of Australia including the south east Blackberry bushes don't need a lot of water to grow. Most are invasive weeds. They can draw water up from nearby too. Often found as a nuisance near streams, creeks, dams, water runoffs.

It seems reasonable to believe that to land the phone in the dam, one has to know the dam is there. Otherwise it would land on open ground. Which underlines , to me, at least, that it was a local who lobbed it over the fence. To make it an accurate throw, probably not from a moving vehicle, , but one that has stopped, OR< someone jogging past that fence. But it presupposes that a dam is there. Not every fence has a dam behind it, so close to the road. One would have to know this, before giving it the toss.

I haven't even considered that it may have been someone from INSIDE the fence who threw it. That is a whole other scenario.
I’ve had this exact thought Troops. Makes more sense that someone has stopped and thrown it in. If you wanted to get rid of it never for it to be found, I can’t imagine you’d just recklessly throw it out of the car whilst driving. You’d want to make damn sure it landed in the water.

Yep, runners use their phones or wearables to track their stats whilst running. Location, respiration, heart rate, etc.
Could be data from Google, MyFitnessPal, MapMyRun, Garmin...

I do the same when cycling.
Same for me. Plus, almost all phones now have a find my phone feature. My friend constantly loses his, so he linked his Google account tracking to my map.

Remember the area though?
View attachment 506820
There was talk of them searching a hidden dam, or near a hidden dam?

I do - and now you have triggered that memory, it reminds me of the few pictures we have around this afternoon/evening search - looks like Webbs Hill Rd with same type of vegetation and incline. The hidden dam is discussed in this older article from May here

It's a pity because they are so yummy.
Yeah. You slide down a slope and get 'caught' by one halfway down, and you want to stick to just eating jam from a jar, though. That happened to a friend who was on holiday with us once. We kids were just out there, scrambling around in the old mining areas, and she slid down a vertical slope into a bush and was suspended just above the edge of a pond that was an old stamper battery dam reservoir. By the brambles. She was scratched and torn all over. The rest of us had to find a way down and edge along the cliff wall base to try and free her with our bare hands. She was screaming.

But yeah, lots of feral blackberries in old gold mining areas. Lots of dangers.

I still think there's a good chance Samantha's body is in an old mine shaft. There's no way they know about all of them, or have thoroughly checked every single one.

MOO

No doubt a quick examination of the accompanying credit cards etc in the phone case cover would have been their ‘Eureka’ moment .
Yes. Bodies are big and awkward to move and they decompose. Phones are small, potentially trackable, and hard to destroy. It makes sense that different sites are suitable for the disposal of each.
Wouldn’t a swift hit with a hammer over a vehicle tow ball quickly destroy a phone … then a toss into a dam .

I’ve had this exact thought Troops. Makes more sense that someone has stopped and thrown it in. If you wanted to get rid of it never for it to be found, I can’t imagine you’d just recklessly throw it out of the car whilst driving. You’d want to make damn sure it landed in the water.
Or should I have said “want to make DAM SHORE it landed in the water” pun intended ;-)

Never happened to me. I never slide down slopes :)

All the blackberries I picked and ate were on flat ground.
It wasn't deliberate. Victim of a crumbling edge, not reckless abandon. Even as silly as we were, none of us would have deliberately gone down there by that route - a three or four metre steep drop into opaque stagnant water.

Yeah, very few of the ones we picked were on flat ground. We'd ramble out around the creeks and slag heaps. Mole country - all holes and hillocks. And sometimes, it wasn't safe to eat them at all, if Parks had been out spraying them with herbicide.

MOO

"Husband knew instantly phone found near dam belonged to Samantha Murphy.

:(

Samantha Murphy's husband says he knew instantly a phone found beside a dam on the outskirts of Ballarat yesterday belonged to his missing wife.
Her husband Mick Murphy was called after police made the discovery.

Investigators now hope data from the device can lead them to her body and finally provide closure to her loved ones.

'The physical properties of the phone will obviously be damaged but what's behind it, those ones and zeroes of data, will be retrievable,' cybersecurity expert Nigel Phair told 9News.

'This is the game changer for the investigation'.

The phone was found inside a wallet that held identification cards,
which are also being treated as crucial pieces of evidence."

Yeah. You slide down a slope and get 'caught' by one halfway down, and you want to stick to just eating jam from a jar, though. That happened to a friend who was on holiday with us once. We kids were just out there, scrambling around in the old mining areas, and she slid down a vertical slope into a bush and was suspended just above the edge of a pond that was an old stamper battery dam reservoir. By the brambles. She was scratched and torn all over. The rest of us had to find a way down and edge along the cliff wall base to try and free her with our bare hands. She was screaming.

But yeah, lots of feral blackberries in old gold mining areas. Lots of dangers.

I still think there's a good chance Samantha's body is in an old mine shaft. There's no way they know about all of them, or have thoroughly checked every single one.

MOO
You want to be on a bike. Go fast enough through them and you don't feel it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rouark50