Sandusky (and Dorothy) Future

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is a good article from CNN; http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/10/justice/pennsylvania-sandusky-letters/index.html

Letters by Sandusky, wife blame everyone else

By Ann O'Neill, CNN
updated 12:52 AM EDT, Thu October 11, 2012

Bellefonte, Pennsylvania (CNN) -- When all was said and done, Jerry and Dottie Sandusky did not ask the judge for mercy. They did not try to extol Jerry's virtues, list good deeds or express regret. Instead, they depicted the boys he sexually assaulted as ungrateful and called them liars.

They blamed the young men -- including their own adopted son, Matt, who now claims he, too, was molested -- for their downfall.

In letters to the judge who would sentence the former coach, the Sanduskys portrayed themselves as virtuous victims of a vast conspiracy. They blamed powerful, image-conscious forces at Penn State University, lying cops, ambitious prosecutors and a scandal-hungry news media....

Will those letters of support written by Sandusky's friends to the court prior to sentencing ever be made public? Because I believe some of those friends might have been pressured to write letters by Sandusky based on knowledge he has of their own crimes.

Sandusky and Dottie lose State Pension....

Jerry Sandusky’s $4,900 monthly pension is revoked by state retirement system

By The Centre Daily Times

Published: Thursday, October 11, 2012, 7:02 a.m.
Updated 41 minutes ago

Jerry Sandusky’s sex crimes against children means he has to forfeit his $59,000 a year state pension.

Pennsylvania’s State Employees’ Retirement System is revoking his pension, effective Tuesday, the day he was sentenced to 30 to 60 years behind bars in a state prison. Sandusky’s attorney was notified Wednesday of the decision.

The pension system determined that Sandusky was a public employee when he committed sex crimes against two boys who were high school students in Clinton and Mifflin counties, Victims 1 and 9.

The crimes, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse and indecent assault, fall under the state’s pension forfeiture statute that was a revision in 2004 that included sex crimes against students.

Sandusky’s wife, Dottie, was designated to receive half his pension in the event of his death, but the pension board revoked that, too.

Sandusky attorney Joe Amendola said he received the notification from SERS Wednesday afternoon.

Read more: http://triblive.com/home/2758808-74...etirement-1999-jerry-sex-system#ixzz28zSJKWMW

hello, I have a question, dotty still believes him?

Dottie has to maintain her belief in Jerry or she will have to admit what she ignored, who she married and what she let go on!

Can't imagine her continuing to live in State College, shopping in the stores, going to church, being anywhere near campus. What a horrible life she has and when she finally believes she is married to a convicted child sexual abuser the torment?

Denial may be her only means of her own survival at least for now.

Case doesn't end with Jerry Sandusky's sentencing

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/10/jerry_sandusky_2.html#incart_hbx

.............In addition to Sandusky appealing his conviction on 45 counts of molesting 10 boys during a 15-year period, there are the continuing prosecutions of two high-level university administrators, an ongoing criminal investigation and a host of civil lawsuits. ............

Duquesne University law professor Wes Oliver, who has been following the Sandusky case for NBC, said Tuesday that he does not think any of the defense arguments have a good chance of success, in part because of the care with which Cleland managed the trial. .............

Meanwhile, state and federal investigators are continuing to explore other aspects of the Sandusky scandal, including whether other top university leaders might have lied during the state investigation or been involved in attempts to conceal evidence.

Asked about that on Tuesday, McGettigan, speaking for Attorney General Linda Kelly’s office, said only that “we have an ongoing investigation which we’re not going to discuss.” 

More at link.... 

Jerry Sandusky's legal problems are just starting. I could see him facing more charges.

Surely the feds will have something to say about the *advertiser censored* on his computer. It hasn't been mentioned at all in the state case.

Surely the feds will have something to say about the *advertiser censored* on his computer. It hasn't been mentioned at all in the state case.

Wow! Somehow I missed that. I assume it was child *advertiser censored*.

Yes! that and he needs to be federally charged for the abuse of the boy(s) he took on out of state game trips too....

Yes! that and he needs to be federally charged for the abuse of the boy(s) he took on out of state game trips too....

Agreed. I wonder if he will face those charges. Federal prison is worse as they have no parole. When they say 60 years, it is 60 years, no parole.

hello, I have a question, dotty still believes him?

I am not sure she believes him. But I do think Dotty has to appear to support and defend her husband. If she doesn't, and admits knowing about him abusing the children, and she was in the house at the same time, I think she will jeopodize herself and charges could be brought against her. Also means she lied under oath.

By defending her husband, claiming her adopted son, Matt is a liar and thief, she is flat out protecting herself. She's got to stand by her man, doesn't she?

jmo

Dear Dottie,

If Matt was such a troubled liar, why on earth did you and Jerry adopt him at the age of EIGHTEEN?

Why didn't you just wash your hands of him? After all, he was nearly an adult by then.

Do tell.

Agreed. I wonder if he will face those charges. Federal prison is worse as they have no parole. When they say 60 years, it is 60 years, no parole.

I'm not even certain they would try to prosecute until he's out of jail (at 98).

She is such a piece of trash. I wish she was in a jail far away from him, miserable and broke. I guess in reality all we can expect to see is miserable in PA, supported by a bunch of losers who still support JS.

Dottie is an enabler extraordinaire. The words in her letter to the judge disgusted me.

She and Jer signed adoption papers for Matt when he was 18. I would love to know what that was all about. She claimed to love him, but threw him under the bus and aired his mis-deeds. It's no wonder he is still a hot mess. He has such a long way to go to heal. He was abused and misused by the couple. That sure helped his problems, didn't it? (sarcasm intended)

I'm in the same age bracket as Dottie and Jer. I've been married to my DH for a very long time. I would have known if something "off" was happening under my own roof, that's for sure. If we had taken in troubled young boys and DH declared our basement off limits, I would have questioned and visited with cookies and milk. I would have been very suspicious.

Apparently, Jer ruled the roost downstairs, while she ruled the roost in the kitchen.

I suppose her hinky meter battery died when she married and devoted her life to being his enabler.

It is so sad that the survivors of this tragedy have to hear all this carp. I hope it only makes them stronger in their resolve to heal and live the best lives they can.

Dottie is an enabler extraordinaire. The words in her letter to the judge disgusted me.

She and Jer signed adoption papers for Matt when he was 18. I would love to know what that was all about. She claimed to love him, but threw him under the bus and aired his mis-deeds. It's no wonder he is still a hot mess. He has such a long way to go to heal. He was abused and misused by the couple. That sure helped his problems, didn't it? (sarcasm intended)

I'm in the same age bracket as Dottie and Jer. I've been married to my DH for a very long time. I would have known if something "off" was happening under my own roof, that's for sure. If we had taken in troubled young boys and DH declared our basement off limits, I would have questioned and visited with cookies and milk. I would have been very suspicious.

Apparently, Jer ruled the roost downstairs, while she ruled the roost in the kitchen.

I suppose her hinky meter battery died when she married and devoted her life to being his enabler.

It is so sad that the survivors of this tragedy have to hear all this carp. I hope it only makes them stronger in their resolve to heal and live the best lives they can.

Good post.
I try to imagine how many of her former friends, relatives and even fellow church members have remained close or are still in contact with Dottie. I can only think of how I would react to one of my friends being in this same situation. I suppose I would start by asking questions of Dottie. That' s just how I am. But I would forever aquaint Dottie with her husband's crimes, if I believed he was guilty.
It's got to be difficult for all those around this woman. How would any of you react? It may sound like a cowardly thing to do, but Dottie would be off my Christmas card list for sure.

jmo

As a friend, doesn't it boil down to 'I care about you, but I can't support your behavior?'

She chose her side. The way I was raised, the 'Christian' thing to do would be to tell her husband that she loves him, but she cannot stand by him and must support her son and the other victims. No more enabling. Ask for forgiveness from the victims. Imo.

I've tried so hard to put myself in Dottie's head, but she's a hard nut to crack. I do remember that, during the trial, one of the survivors said that Dottie did not like him. She wouldn't talk to him. She was brusque with him.

that little bit leads me to think she resented him (and the others) being in her life and her home.

It's also obvious from the letter that, when she married, she hitched her wagon to Jer's star. With the sentencing, the rope has been broken and she is on her own. She won't even have his pension with which to support herself.

I have to believe that her letter to the judge was reflecting her true feelings. I have to wonder if during all those years, she resented the young boys who came between herself and her husband.

She knew that each of these boys were terribly broken when they came to her home. They were there to heal and get the love and care they needed. Now, she uses the very reason she and Jer took them into their lives to blame them for the outcome of the trial. She needs to think about how she treated these boys and IF she was the warm mother figure they needed.

My next question is, does she realize that, in her role, she was a total failure herself?

I've tried so hard to put myself in Dottie's head, but she's a hard nut to crack. I do remember that, during the trial, one of the survivors said that Dottie did not like him. She wouldn't talk to him. She was brusque with him.

that little bit leads me to think she resented him (and the others) being in her life and her home.

It's also obvious from the letter that, when she married, she hitched her wagon to Jer's star. With the sentencing, the rope has been broken and she is on her own. She won't even have his pension with which to support herself.

I have to believe that her letter to the judge was reflecting her true feelings. I have to wonder if during all those years, she resented the young boys who came between herself and her husband.

She knew that each of these boys were terribly broken when they came to her home. They were there to heal and get the love and care they needed. Now, she uses the very reason she and Jer took them into their lives to blame them for the outcome of the trial. She needs to think about how she treated these boys and IF she was the warm mother figure they needed.

My next question is, does she realize that, in her role, she was a total failure herself?

If Dottie questions herself and what she realized wouldn't it follow that she would have to admit what went on in her basement and what she ignored like the scream of a boy being raped by her husband?

She would have to admit she is an accomplice and as guilty as her husband!

She won't do that she will live in denial. If she was smart or had any good friends giving her advice she would leave Penn State and go live a quiet life and ask for forgiveness.

If she admitted she knew would she be charged as a accomplice or aiding and abetting?

The remainder of her life will not be the life she once knew and the coat tails she came in on are in jail for the remainder of his natural life. She is in a prison of her own.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back