SC - 5 dead, inc. Dr Robert Lesslie & 2 children in shooting, Rock Hill, Apr 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

stmarysmead

Reaction score
Five dead, including two kids, in South Carolina mass shooting

Another person was seriously wounded. The article says that a suspect is in custody, no motive given. This was a well loved and respected Doctor in the community for many years, known for his compassion. How terrible to have his life ended senselessly this way, his wife, and two small grandchildren slaughtered with him. And the poor soul murdered just for being there working in the property.

Perhaps today we will learn more about the killer and his motivations.

Five dead, including two kids, in South Carolina mass shooting

Another person was seriously wounded. The article says that a suspect is in custody, no motive given. This was a well loved and respected Doctor in the community for many years, known for his compassion. How terrible to have his life ended senselessly this way, his wife, and two small grandchildren slaughtered with him. And the poor soul murdered just for being there working in the property.

Perhaps today we will learn more about the killer and his motivations.

I certainly hope we do know more about this nurderer.

Thanks for the link, and thread.

I read about this horrible mass murder this morning.

They seem to be a wonderful family.

We will see if it was someone close to them or someone else.

Nowadays we never can tell.

Jmho

41497694-9448293-image-m-11_1617886488341.jpg

Lesslie had been practicing medicine in Rock Hill since 1981

Dr. Lesslie had been practicing in Rock Hill since 1981, according to the Riverview website.

He received his degree at the Medical University of South Carolina and had worked in the surrounding Rock Hill area and in emergency rooms in Charlotte, North Carolina.

He founded Riverview Housecalls and Riverview Hospice and Palliative Care.

He was the author of several non-fiction books about stories from the emergency room, including Angles in the ER.

In that book, he wrote: '25 years in the ER have taught me a lot of things. I know without a doubt that life is fragile.'

This is absolutely shocking.
My heart is physically hurting for all affected by this senseless tragedy, including the first responders who had to witness the scene. So many lives lost, so much horror, is hard if not impossible to process.

I see that the killer was a former NFL player. I wonder if he was being treated by the doctor for any of the residual effects ...head injuries etc...from pro football. But why the little children...and the poor soul just there, working for the family?

I see that the killer was a former NFL player. I wonder if he was being treated by the doctor for any of the residual effects ...head injuries etc...from pro football. But why the little children...and the poor soul just there, working for the family?
And with the shooter dead - might not ever know why.
Prayers for the family as they deal with this horrible tragedy.

There’s another tragic story here in my opinion. I’m thinking of the family of the killer. In his day, he must have been terrifically talented, with a great future ahead, financial security and selected for the NFL. They must have been so proud.

Somehow, it appears he ends up living with them. And he ends his life after committing a terrible crime. I feel for that family too...and the emotional wreckage left behind for them.

Ongoing traumatic brain issues from football ?
An injustice collector ?
Was someone treated by Dr. Lesslie lately, or in the past -- and the shooter was angry about the outcome ?
Not trying to make excuses, there are none for such acts of brutality !

Rest in peace to the innocent victims. :(
From all articles it sounds like they were a loving and close family.

Last edited:
Little kids :(
Just senseless and disgusting.
No matter what the shooters' motive may have been as perceived in his own mind ... to murder children is monstrous.
And from what's been in msm about the doctor--- he sounded like a compassionate person.

Just why.
My utmost condolences to the families' of the victims and also the shooters' family.
They must be writhing with shame to have lost this family member in such a fashion.
Plus dealing with their own grief.
MOO

Apparently he had been treated by the doctor
AP source: NFL pro killed five people, then himself in York County, S.C. shooting

YORK COUNTY, S.C. (WBTV/AP) - The gunman who killed five people, including a prominent doctor, his wife, their two grandchildren and a worker, was a former NFL pro Phillip Adams, the Associated Press reports. Adams killed himself early Thursday, according to a source who was briefed on the investigation.

The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn’t authorized to speak publicly, said Adams’ parents live near the doctor’s home in Rock Hill, and that he had been treated by the doctor. The source said Phillips killed himself after midnight with a .45 caliber weapon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back