SC - 5 dead, inc. Dr Robert Lesslie & 2 children in shooting, Rock Hill, Apr 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know how others took what he said, but my heart broke for him. He seems to be a very sweet, kind, good man. He also knew the victims were also good people.

When anyone murders someone their own families... unless they were also involved ...are also victims.

I also understood him blaming it on his football career.

How many football players who have suffered concussions have gone on to commit mass murder of families they didn't even know, but most definitely targeted?

How many in total of all players past, and present have become murderers, and concussions were deemed to be the sole causation? Those who hadn't ever been in trouble before nor had ever shown any violence toward anyone during their entire lives?

I've experienced two concussions with one severe. It never changed my personality at all. Once I had healed from both life went on as before. The most severe I didn't slam into a helmet. I slammed into a concrete walkway when slipping on ice. It was a free fall with no time to break the full fall or impact.

Jmho

But MANY more players have played long careers and in positions with frequent and violent impacts to the head, (Philip Adams did not play such a position.) and they've not become homicidal. Some have become suicidal without too much warning. But when one considers the complete history of football, when, for many years, there was absolutely no protection for the head at all...I'm not buying that 2 concussions made him homicidal. We don't even know yet if he had CTE.

The vast majority of people who have CE or CTE, never turn violent. So, while I agree that it could be 1 contributing factor in someone's decision to commit homicide, I do think it's important not to assign causation.

I agree that his family are also victims, and I do feel for them. They lost a son, a father, a brother... And it probably was MSM putting forth one quick snippet and not the entirety of what he said about the events. My comment was more a criticism of MSM. No one is afforded any privacy. There used to be a modicum of respect for the grieving. AMOO

A South Carolina coroner is expected to release details this week on brain test results for former NFL player Phillip Adams, who died by suicide after a mass shooting in April left six people dead. The York County Coroner’s office will hold a press conference Tuesday in Rock Hill to discuss the findings of the study conducted on Adams’ brain, according to a press release.

Phillip Adams CTE results to be released after SC shooting | The State

CTE ?
Imo, this sport has damaged many people.
I think the same about pro wrestling.
Still there are few who choose violence, but again imo we don't understand the effects on the brain.
If there are clear results from his sport and the possible damage in his brain, will they be truthful about the results ?

CTE ?
Imo, this sport has damaged many people.
I think the same about pro wrestling.
Still there are few who choose violence, but again imo we don't understand the effects on the brain.
If there are clear results from his sport and the possible damage in his brain, will they be truthful about the results ?

It's hard to say if they'll be inclined to be truthful if there is or if there isn't evidence of CTE. Either way, people are going to be unhappy. MOO

Dr. Ann McKee, a neuropathologist and expert on neurogenerative diseases at Boston University, said Adams had severe CTE in both frontal lobes of his brain. Dr. Sabrina Gast, the York County coroner, said Adams' family told officials he had complained of excruciating pain, memory issues and difficulty sleeping late in life.

"Mr. Adams' CTE pathology was different than the other young NFL players with CTE," McKee said. "It was different in that it was unusually severe in both frontal lobes."

McKee said Stage 2 CTE is associated with aggression, impulsivity, depression, paranoia, anxiety, poor executive function and memory loss. She said Adams' 20-year football career undoubtedly contributed to CTE.

"We have seen this behavior. We have even seen homicidal behavior in individuals diagnosed with CTE. It is difficult to say that it alone resulted in these behaviors because usually, it's a complicated issue with many other factors," McKee said. "It is in fact, not what I would consider unusual in this disease."

A representative for Adams' family said he was "desperately seeking help" from the NFL but was denied all of his claims because he had trouble remembering things and struggled to complete simple tasks, such as traveling to visit doctors and undergo extensive testing.

@brittanyb_tv

They say his scan was unusually severe in both frontal lobes. It was similar to that of Aaron Hernandez. They say it might have contributed to his behaviors including poor impulse control, rage, violent tendencies, and more

Coroner Gast reads a statement from the victims’ families. It states these 8 months have been difficult and they’re finding some comfort from the results in helping them understand how this happened

@wachfox

The Shook family also released a statement saying he was a devoted husband and loving father. They want to help prevent this from happening again

Ex-NFL player Phillip Adams had Stage 2 CTE, doctor says | wcnc.com

Attachments

• 6AAAFFA6-30AF-44C9-8DAE-5F34A26C23B6.jpeg
    6AAAFFA6-30AF-44C9-8DAE-5F34A26C23B6.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Dr. Ann McKee, a neuropathologist and expert on neurogenerative diseases at Boston University, said Adams had severe CTE in both frontal lobes of his brain. Dr. Sabrina Gast, the York County coroner, said Adams' family told officials he had complained of excruciating pain, memory issues and difficulty sleeping late in life.

"Mr. Adams' CTE pathology was different than the other young NFL players with CTE," McKee said. "It was different in that it was unusually severe in both frontal lobes."

McKee said Stage 2 CTE is associated with aggression, impulsivity, depression, paranoia, anxiety, poor executive function and memory loss. She said Adams' 20-year football career undoubtedly contributed to CTE.

"We have seen this behavior. We have even seen homicidal behavior in individuals diagnosed with CTE. It is difficult to say that it alone resulted in these behaviors because usually, it's a complicated issue with many other factors," McKee said. "It is in fact, not what I would consider unusual in this disease."

A representative for Adams' family said he was "desperately seeking help" from the NFL but was denied all of his claims because he had trouble remembering things and struggled to complete simple tasks, such as traveling to visit doctors and undergo extensive testing.

@brittanyb_tv

They say his scan was unusually severe in both frontal lobes. It was similar to that of Aaron Hernandez. They say it might have contributed to his behaviors including poor impulse control, rage, violent tendencies, and more

Coroner Gast reads a statement from the victims’ families. It states these 8 months have been difficult and they’re finding some comfort from the results in helping them understand how this happened

@wachfox

The Shook family also released a statement saying he was a devoted husband and loving father. They want to help prevent this from happening again

Ex-NFL player Phillip Adams had Stage 2 CTE, doctor says | wcnc.com

Does anybody have an article handy on CTE and its various stages, apart from this case? An overview, perhaps? TIA

I'm glad that both families find some comfort in the autopsy findings. What a sad case all the way around.

Ex-NFL player Phillip Adams had ‘unusually severe’ CTE at time of slays: researchers

Phillip Andrews had "severe" CTE at time of killings

Former NFL player Phillip Adams had “unusually severe” chronic traumatic encephalopathy, or CTE, when he fatally shot six people before taking his own life in April, researchers said Tuesday.

Adams’ brain scans were comparable to those of former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez, who also suffered from the condition and died by suicide in 2017 while serving a life sentence for murder, said Boston University’s Dr. Ann McKee, who conducted the examination on Adams’ brain tissue.

“We have seen this behavior. We have even seen homicidal behavior in others diagnosed with CTE,” McKee said.

“It is difficult to say that it alone resulted in these behaviors because usually, it’s a complicated issue with many other factors,” she said. But “it is, in fact, not what I would consider unusual in this disease.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back