GUILTY SC - Alexis Lukaitis, 27, found murdered, Ravenel, 12 August 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.postandcourier.com/

Friend with checkered past charged in death of woman found on side of dirt road

3:41 p.m.

A registered sex offender with a lengthy rap sheet is charged with murder in the death of a Bluffton woman who was found dead Monday on the side of a rural Charleston County road. read more...

Wow, this suspect is telling quite a tale...prescription drugs? He went with her? Did I read that right?

Wow, this suspect is telling quite a tale...prescription drugs? He went with her? Did I read that right?

Yep, looks like he said that they were on their way to pick up some rx pills and that he was going to give her some of them. I'm guessing it was a "hey, if you drive me here, I'll give you x number of pills". I've seen it happen before =( Very sad.

I couldn't understand at first why she would be with another man on a trip that was not her husband/bf or a family friend ( I mean, maybe it's just me, but I don't go on car drives to another city with guys I know...). So, either she was getting the pills FOR her husband or herself...it seems odd he'd be okay with that unless he was the one that wanted them....or that they both had a problem. =P

Yep, looks like he said that they were on their way to pick up some rx pills and that he was going to give her some of them. I'm guessing it was a "hey, if you drive me here, I'll give you x number of pills". I've seen it happen before =( Very sad.

I couldn't understand at first why she would be with another man on a trip that was not her husband/bf or a family friend ( I mean, maybe it's just me, but I don't go on car drives to another city with guys I know...). So, either she was getting the pills FOR her husband or herself...it seems odd he'd be okay with that unless he was the one that wanted them....or that they both had a problem. =P

Can you link to the article reporting this. I can't find it. TIA!

So so so so sad. Rest in peace Alexis :rose:

My thoughts and prayers are with her family during this time.

Thank you. This is simply unbelievable.

Drayton told Beaufort County authorities he was a friend and former neighbor of Lukaitis when he was arrested. Deputies found cuts and scratches on Drayton's chest, arms and hands. Drayton said he and Lukaitis went to Charleston to pick up prescirption pills. He said he would occasionally provide the victim with pills.

According to the affidavit, Drayton's cousin found a spare tire and other items covered in blood in his back yard in Bluffton after Drayton showed up early Monday morning. At the same time, Lukaitis' body was being found on Old Jacksonboro Road in Charleston County.

So why did he kill her?! Why were some of her clothes missing if this was about drugs?

http://www2.counton2.com/news/2010/...murder-suspect-death-missing-woman-ar-699860/
There is a pic of perp...Darold L. Drayton.
On EastCoast's link they said news conference at 3pm.
MsFacetious - empathey is usually a hard won gift, but a beautifull and special gift none the less. So many people get stuck in anger, depression or denial so sometimes they will repeat the actions or their grief will turn destructive.
The picture you show of the road is so beautiful and peacefull to look at, I hope you find the closure and answers you need.
I am sorry for the loss of your cousin. I can empathise with life lost too young, much too well. But the limbo of not knowing why or who or where i do not Know.
Alexis Lukaitis RIP - I always wonder how the heck do you explain this to the children, how do the kids carry it thru there lives.
I love Google but - keeping skeleton in the closet or brushing things under the rug. Honesty is good, but for some children the graffic nature of reporting, wow.
Sorry little twins your Mom will always love you, lifes just not fair sometimes.

There is a pic of Darold l. Drayton

40447_123328894381131_100001120622920_131067_7299702_n.jpg

Thank you. This is simply unbelievable.

So why did he kill her?! Why were some of her clothes missing if this was about drugs?

Do you think her fiance knew she was taking him for drugs? I'm thinking he might have known.

Such a risk with twin toddlers at home.

I think it turned into more than drugs on that trip for him. From news stories she put up a fight because he had cuts and scratches on his chest, arms and hands.

Sooo sad. I feel so badly for her little twins..and all who loved her. Rest In Peace Alexis. Another crime commited by someone who should have never been free.. he had already hurt a child.

MOO

Has there been any info on pills or whatever from anyone other than this ? Because for some reason I just don't feel comfortable taking this...individual (self censoring here) at his word...

Skewed,

Thank you for that!!
I was thinking the exact same thing. This guy is an *accused* murderer!! There's no way I'm taking his word for what happened. He lied TO her about being someone she could befriend and trust....so there is no doubt that he could easily lie ABOUT her to protect his own butt.

Nope. I'm not buying it. Not on the word of this RSO.

I would have to hear this information from someone more trustworthy than this murderer.

Also, I want to wait and see if she was sexually assaulted. It was reported that she was found with no shirt and only shorts on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back