SC SC - Amber Berbiglia, 23, North Myrtle Beach, 3 May 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Great post.

DID Amber and her friends get a hotel room the night before?

Amber appeared to be ready for work in that video, but, MAYBE those are a actually her clothes from the night before.

We need her apartment address. Everyone MUST look at the map with the 4 locations I linked upthread.

JG, you are totally right about those 2 men in the video. I will screen them tonight. LE would not usually include innocents in a video like that.

Once again, WHY backtrack all the way to Murphy's for the video?

I thought I saw a pic of the Time Warner Cable business Amber paid her bill at and it was in a sort of strip mall. I'll go back & look for the picture. Reason I bring this up is bc if its in a strip mall, surely there's surveillance cameras. No? So if there's surveillance footage of the last known place she visited, why not release that footage instead? Why the Murphy's footage which was taken before she stopped to pay her cable bill? Could it be bc police think the perp may have followed her from the gas station? Maybe he entered her vehicle at the gas station? Might be important to find out if Amber had tinted windows and how she kept her vehicle.

BBM - Why is that wood post fence there anyway? What is it trying to deter, under the overpass like that?

When you look at the aerial view, you can see the whole layout of the fenced in area. There's a wide opening that looks like it could have had a horse or cattle type of gate. It appears to be farmland across the street, maybe owned by the same people. There's a shelter within the fenced in area that is only for shade or protection from rain maybe. My guess is this is an older type of enclosure that held some type of animal(s).

Extremely close proximity to the waterway. My guess is that whomever is responsible is familiar with use of the waterways nearby. If its possible Amber's murder is related to some others, I wouldn't doubt that the perp maybe scoped out certain less travelled locations by using the waterways.

Hi Lambchop. :seeya: I keep timing out. Is everything ok with the site?

Were the cuts scratches from the altercation, or could they be from a knife or something sharp?

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/23936754/exclusive-new-details-in-amber-berbiglias-murder

Exclusive new details in Amber Berbiglia's murder case
Posted: Nov 11, 2013 3:52 PM EST
Updated: Nov 11, 2013 11:05 PM EST
By David Klugh

Snipped:
Sometime during the afternoon of May 3, Amber's body was found along Old Sanders Road under the Robert Edge Parkway overpass. Her car was running. Her phone was chirping with email and missed call alerts just a few inches from her fingertips.

"She had been injured severely and was deceased when we arrived. She was near her vehicle and there were no witnesses on scene," says Horry County Police detective Jonathan Martin.

"She was hit with something in the head twice where she had a fractured skull twice," adds Michelle Robinson.

But Michelle says Amber didn't go down easy, something that was evident at Amber's wake. "The man made me have her wear a long sleeve dress to cover up the bruises and the cuts on her arms. There was a fight. She put up a good fight they said."

Snipped:
What we do know is that Amber was last seen paying her cable bill around one in the afternoon at this Time Warner office on Main Street, less than a mile from where her body was found.

Shortly before that, she stopped at a Murphy gas station to fill up. Horry County Police agreed to release never-before-seen surveillance footage of Amber in hopes it might stir up a few more leads.

Is this the case # assigned to Amber's murder?

ohse8x.jpg

Taken from the video at this link -
http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/23936754/exclusive-new-details-in-amber-berbiglias-murder

I have added the Overtime Sports Cafe and the Murphy's Gas Station to the Map, where she was recorded on video prior to 1;30 pm that day. It is in a completely different direction. It gives good context to look at the geography of these locations.

Does anyone have her apartment address?

Murphy's Gas Station - November 2013 LE released video of Amber, prior to 1;30 pm

Time Warner - Witnessed paying bill at 1;30 pm

Old Sanders Dr. - Recover Loction at 4;30 pm

Overtime Sports Cafe - Amber's place of work for 4 pm that day

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...QAiTF6ds8gd9ULsQ&oq=murphy's+&mra=pd&t=m&z=13

You are doing a helluva job in this thread Wg.

one possible small correction is that in this article they have her working at Greg Norman’s at Barefoot Landing.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/05/06/3473917/argument-preceded-death-of-woman.html

Just thought I would share this as I just waited for the NMB police dept for 20 mins and no one showed up.
Where I work, we are open 8-5. About 545 my regional manager calls and says our alarm system is going off and whoever lives closest needs to meet up with the cops (I win!)
So I get to our offices and wait and wait and wait. Called my RM and asked if she gave them the correct address. She said yes and was shocked no one showed.
I waited about half an hour an no one showed from NMB police... Thankfully nothing was wrong at our office (the alarm company has been having issues with their system) but they were still asked to come out and make sure nothing was fishy. On the picture I've attached, A is the police department. I work in the Surfwood Shopping Center area.

Just saying... Not very efficient police work IMO.. Especially since we are so close to the dept.

u7ehybu5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've updated the map to include Greg Norman's, thanks, LR1.

I wonder why Amber drove so far out of her way to go pay that cable bill that day.

It would be REALLY helpful if someone could let me know the apx. vicinity of her apartment to add to the map.

Does anyone have her apartment address?

Murphy's Gas Station - November 2013 LE released video of Amber, prior to 1;30 pm

Time Warner - Witnessed paying bill at 1;30 pm

Old Sanders Dr. - Recovery Location discovered at 4;30 pm - car travelling WEST I THINK. Car still running. Deceased upon LE arrival.

Greg Norman's - Amber's place of work for 4 pm that day

Amber Berbiglia - MAP

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...2MAiTEjIfEUImUDaA&oq=greg+nor&mra=ps&t=m&z=13

From same video, here are the crime scene pictures of her car.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I think Amber's car is a Mitsubishi Montero.

I would think that wouldn't be a hugely common car. Why hasn't LE released pictures of her vehicle?

Why hasn't LE released still photos of Amber from that day?

Not sure on the semantics in this one

Berbiglia’s body was found under a bridge on the Robert Edge parkway, a major road in North Myrtle Beach. Investigators are hoping anyone who saw a woman or anyone else near the bridge on the busy road to call police.

Horry County Police Sgt. Robert Kegler says detectives are trying to find out what she was doing and who she was with.

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20130609/PC16/130609237

I wonder why Amber drove so far out of her way to go pay that cable bill that day.

I've been having a huge issue with Time Warner messing up my bill every month since I'm auto drafted. Little River is such a dinky little place that TWC is the only internet provider and one of the very few cable providers that will service the area. Maybe she had an issue with auto billing and just decided it would be less hassle to pay it in person... Just a thought! Their billing department is a huge nightmare...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is very frustrating for me to see the very high number of known unsolved missing/murdered female/male cases in Myrtle Beach/Horry County, SC. Imo, there are many indicators pointing to an active sexual predator/serial killer operating in Horry Co., SC.

How many more innocent victims must vanish or be murdered before the unlimited resources of the FBI BAU2 are requested, and a task force formed by HCPD/SLED to seek justice for AB and the mounting number of innocent victims of this silent epidemic?

I can't locate any info on this police impersonator kidnapper, other than him being released on $20,000.00 bond in 2008. Imo, AB's abduction was likely a stranger abduction/murder.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=212806#.UvJL7_ldUuc

Surfside man faces kidnapping, impersonation charges

A man now faces charges of assault, kidnapping and impersonating an officer.

Investigators say Christopher Guajardo, 33, of Surfside blocked a woman's path with his pick-up truck as she crossed 4th Avenue North and Chester Street in Myrtle Bach.

According to a police report, he said he was a cop, ordered her to get in the truck, and then drove her to the Myrtle Beach Police Department parking lot where he pretended to check her background.
<See Comment>
<sniped - read more>

http://www.scnow.com/news/local/article_59f50d0f-2c42-5f12-b72b-3bfa22c2ea71.html

Myrtle Beach Police arrest a man accused of impersonating an officer

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/9245807/accused-police-impersonator-behind-bars

Accused police impersonator behind bars

23660813_BG1.jpg

Police release sketch of suspected sexual assailant
Posted: Oct 10, 2013 4:13 PM EDT
Updated: Oct 11, 2013 10:04 AM EDT
By Brooke Whitson - email

If you can identify this man, call 915-TIPS. (Source: Horry County Police)

CONWAY, SC (WMBF) - Horry County Police have released a sketch of a man they say abducted a girl in Conway and sexually assaulted her.

The State Law Enforcement Division created this composite sketch of the man. Police say the female victim was abducted around 1:30 p.m. Wednesday from Woodward Drive and taken just outside the city where she was sexually assaulted by this unknown man. The victim told police the man held a knife to her throat when he attacked her. She told police she kicked and punched the suspect and was able to get away.

An Horry County Police report describes the white man as "older in age" and skinny with black wire glasses. The report says he has a small build. He was allegedly wearing black pants, a black cowboy hat and a blue plaid shirt. He may be driving a gray truck with cream interior and tinted windows.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/23660813/police-release-sketch-of-suspected-seuxal-assailant

Update: Sketch Made of Fake Cop Accused of Sex Assault
8:08 PM, Oct 23, 2013 |

131023083841_springdale.jpg

Springdale, SC (WLTX) - Springdale police need your help finding the man who impersonated a police officer and sexually assaulted a woman.

Wednesday night, they released a sketch of the suspect.

The incident happened at approximately 8:30 Tuesday night on Wattling Road.

Springdale Police Chief Kevin Cornett says the man pulled his victim over using a blue light on his dashboard and told her she was pulled over because the tag lamp was out. He then asked her to step out of the vehicle, punched her and took her to a wooded area where he sexually assaulted her. Cornett says the suspect then got back into his vehicle and drove away.

The suspect was wearing a black t-shirt with "POLICE" written on the front, a black wind breaker style jacket and khaki pants. He's described as a white male, in his early twenties to mid-thirties, with light brown or red hair, light colored eyebrows and no facial hair. The suspect's vehicle is a small four door compact car that appears to be newer and a small blue light on the dashboard.

http://www.wltx.com/news/article/253857/2/Police-Man-Impersonating-Officer-Sexually-Assaults-Woman

Both of these stick out to me as possible. The 1st guy had a small frame, most of the missing (murdered in this case) are petite women. The 2nd one makes sense b/c he pulled the victim over and asked her to step out of the car. It is such a sad world we live in today, what is wrong with people? Killing an innocent girl in the middle of the day?!? Boggles my mind.

I think Amber's car is a Mitsubishi Montero.

I would think that wouldn't be a hugely common car. Why hasn't LE released pictures of her vehicle?

Why hasn't LE released still photos of Amber from that day?

What's with the portable compressor in the 3rd photo behind AB's vehicle? Was it used during CSI or was it there prior to LE's arrival?

I agree Wondergirl, why would you wait months to release a pic of her vehicle. Seems that HCPD's priority of not compromising an investigation is preventing them from solving cases, imo.. An aware public is a very valuable investigative resource when utilized in a timely manner..

Both of these stick out to me as possible. The 1st guy had a small frame, most of the missing (murdered in this case) are petite women. The 2nd one makes sense b/c he pulled the victim over and asked her to step out of the car. It is such a sad world we live in today, what is wrong with people? Killing an innocent girl in the middle of the day?!? Boggles my mind.

http://www.wistv.com/story/24338124/police-issue-warning-after-law-enforcement-vehicle-stolen
<sniped - read more>
Police issue warning after law enforcement vehicle stolen
Posted: Dec 31, 2013 5:10 PM EST
Updated: Jan 10, 2014 5:10 PM EST
By Jennifer Emert

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) -
A warning tonight after a state law enforcement vehicle was stolen over the weekend. It's an unmarked South Carolina Probation, Parole, and Pardon Services vehicle. The vehicle is equipped with blue lights, which is why law enforcement is warning the public.

The warnings are similar to what Springdale Police gave the community two months ago when they had a police impersonator. Officers continue to question people in their investigation.

"SLED has been with us every day going with us to several interviews that we're not able to go to at the same time."

The person wanted in Springdale used an unmarked vehicle with a small blue light on the dash. Police are concerned if this man did it once, he might do it again.

If the perp left behind DNA, he must not be in the database bc wouldn't FBI/le lave done cross checks of said DNA evidence? So if the perp has ever gotten into trouble with the law, it must not have been severe enough to warrant a DNA submission. Or is it possible le couldn't find any DNA left behind? That's so hard to take in. I mean, dogs & stuff...wouldn't DNA have been left even if in a small amount?

IIRC, very few States require DNA to be taken and submitted to the natl database, prior to a sentence of guilty for a violent act. So, unless this suspect had a case in a State that takes DNA at the time of arrest then chances of finding a match can be limited to only those who have been found guilty of a violent crime. With all those defensive wounds, chances are good that they got DNA. Now, we hope he/she is in the database...or soon will be...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nelib87
Back