SC SC - Amber Berbiglia, 23, North Myrtle Beach, 3 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The way that girl's pictures light up my monitor, can you imagine when she walked into a room? You can see she lit it up with that 100 watt smile.I don't know that any case has pained my heart like this one. I feel her just seeing her photos, and I feel like the world lost a shining star. What a waste! Why, if something happened on the parkway, didn't she just pull off there? Why go all that way to the underpass? She had to have been on her way home, she would need to shower, get ready, and be to work by 4. This really has me puzzled.

So. With the ultra creepy fake LEO sexually assaulting females, and still on the loose in the MB area, I am really actually leaning towards this in my theories these days - again.

I believe the murder weapon on Amber could be a maglight flashlight. Not sure if the LEO'S carry them in the U.S., but, in Canada they are standard issue. Extremely heavy. Many a murder has been committed with one. Handy to have in a car, and not alarming at all.

I am not even sure it's a fake LEO that is operating, if you kwim.

A flashing light in a young woman's mirror, would cause panic, and complete compliance immediately.

LEOs have Maglight's here. That's one of the things thought to have killed JonBenet.

So. With the ultra creepy fake LEO sexually assaulting females, and still on the loose in the MB area, I am really actually leaning towards this in my theories these days - again.

I believe the murder weapon on Amber could be a maglight flashlight. Not sure if the LEO'S carry them in the U.S., but, in Canada they are standard issue. Extremely heavy. Many a murder has been committed with one. Handy to have in a car, and not alarming at all.

A flashing light in a young woman's mirror, would cause panic, and complete compliance immediately.

Anytime I have ever been pulled over by an unmarked police car (twice) I only roll my window down enough so they can hear me talk until I see their credentials. Both times the officers were completely understanding and fine withe taking that precaution. If they are the real deal they shouldn't mind! I will for sure do that if I get pulled over here now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I think the flashlight is a definite possibility... Quiet and very sturdy, I'm sure it could do serious damage

Another thing I don't think people consider is how very vast/long the grand strand/MB area is. Socastee, the area Heather Elvis is from, is considered the MB area (the south end). I am in Little River and this too is considered the MB area (north end) but it would easily take me an hour to get to Socastee from here. If someone had some kind of traveling aspect to their job or if they know the area well enough they could be very dangerous if they have bad intentions.

Anytime I have ever been pulled over by an unmarked police car (twice) I only roll my window down enough so they can hear me talk until I see their credentials. Both times the officers were completely understanding and fine withe taking that precaution. If they are the real deal they shouldn't mind! I will for sure do that if I get pulled over here now

Check with your LE department regarding how you should handle being pulled over by an unmarked car. In some states you can dial a number such as 411 and it takes you directly to your local police station and you can ask if there are any cars in your area. Never stop in a secluded area. For a woman alone it should be understood that she will not stop until she gets into an area of safety, such as a gas station, police department, etc. In your area, specifically LE should be instructing women what to do in case they are being stopped by anyone considering what has been happening. jmo

Can't help thinking that somebody was hidden in her vehicle in an attempt to abduct her, an altercation occurred which took the perp by surprise, and perp pulled into the area and bashed her with whatever was around. I'm sort of thinking he used parts of cinderblocks or cement or something that were nearby to cause the damage to her head that he did. With all the defensive wounds on Amber, maybe he had her tied up and she escaped her bonds, then fought him trying to regain control of her vehicle. Everything I read suggests Amber wouldn't have been traveling that route, which kind of suggests to me that maybe the perp was the one actually driving.

Going back to when le released the surveillance video of Amber at the Murphy's gas station prior to her paying her bill at Time Warner Cable, I wonder if the men shown in that surveillance clip have been identified and interviewed. I mean, le put that out there in the media but omitted these guys aren't related to Amber's disappearance...yet they showed them on the video? These guys didn't look like they were there together, probably don't even now each other, most likely stopped for gas and a beverage or something, but I thought it was kind of odd police didn't even mention these people aren't suspects or whatever... They simply said they're releasing the surveillance video to jar memories of people that may have seen Amber.

Check with your LE department regarding how you should handle being pulled over by an unmarked car. In some states you can dial a number such as 411 and it takes you directly to your local police station and you can ask if there are any cars in your area. Never stop in a secluded area. For a woman alone it should be understood that she will not stop until she gets into an area of safety, such as a gas station, police department, etc. In your area, specifically LE should be instructing women what to do in case they are being stopped by anyone considering what has been happening. jmo

I was even taught that if I'm driving alone in the middle of the night (ie early morning hours) on an interstate, to pull into a well lit busy rest area or a 24 hr gas station...that I should never pull over if I'm alone in the middle of nowhere or a place I'm unfamiliar with just bc a police officer has his lights on. This was taught to me by me ex whom is a Sgt Det in le. I was also taught to call 911 to make sure it's legit bc before pulling someone over it has to be called in.

The fake cop with heavy flashlight is a good theory. I'm liking that one too.

We know police obtained surveillance tapes from Murphy's. What about the rest of the path in between Murphy's & where she was ultimately found? Surely Murphy's and/or Time Warner aren't the only tapes they have? Hopefully?

The public was being asked if they remember a person that was walking or standing on the over pass near where Amber was found. Why wasn't a description of this person given? Why no sketch at least? Could it be bc dogs sniffed the path of the perp and it led them to the overpass? Could it be bc the perp dropped something, like something that could hold his DNA? Could it be bc that is what's leading police to ask if anybody noticed someone standing or walking on that overpass?

The way that girl's pictures light up my monitor, can you imagine when she walked into a room? You can see she lit it up with that 100 watt smile.I don't know that any case has pained my heart like this one. I feel her just seeing her photos, and I feel like the world lost a shining star. What a waste! Why, if something happened on the parkway, didn't she just pull off there? Why go all that way to the underpass? She had to have been on her way home, she would need to shower, get ready, and be to work by 4. This really has me puzzled.

Maybe she wasn't the one driving?

Today was the first time that I have watched the news video with the car at the crime scene and then possibly after it was towed. The first thing that struck me was that there appears to be damage to the driver's side front wheel/tire and hubcap. the fact that she put up a good fight and the phone was in close proximity to her fingertips as well as what sounds like a frenzied attack, makes me wonder if their was some kind of road rage incident after some minor collision.

The other thing that stands out is the nearly one hour time frame from the Time Warner CCTV and the phone message or attempted call to a friend/acquaintance family member, whoever. Then there is almost another hour and a half before the passerby calls 911. Where did she go between 2:30 and 4:00 PM?

Before heading to the Time Warner location, did she fill up her tank, at the gas station, or just buy some gas or just convenience item/items? This is important because the car was found running and at least 2 1/2 hours passed from the time she left Time Warner....only five minutes away (1.6 miles.) The amount of gas purchased and what was left left in the car could indicate how much was used.

IMO, either she met up with an acquaintance or went to meet someone and/or did more errands or she was attacked in some sort of a road rage incident. The road rage incident makes the most sense to me. Let's say an incident occurs and she tries to evade an angry driver, she ends up down there, the other driver forces her off the road, comes at her car enraged, she grabs her phone to call for help and she tries to get away but is grabbed and a physical altercation ensues. If it were a bump and abduct situation, IMO, the killer would have had a better location planned and Amber wouldn't have been left there with her engine running and the phone right near her hand.

Earlier media releases said she stopped at Murphy's for a fill up. I definitely remember reading that.

:doh: That's a good point about Amber not being the one driving the car. That hadn't occurred to me, but it makes a lot more sense. If the perp was driving, maybe she made a break for it and dove out of the car, or tried to grab her phone away from him.

-Amber was found outside her vehicle. Was she trying to get away from her vehicle, get away from her attacker, or was she taken there by her killer?

-Was Amber's door open? If so, which door?

-Was the radio on in her car?

-Did Amber travel that Old Sanders RD in the past?

-Was Amber sexually assaulted?

-If Amber had defensive wounds on her arms, and she fought off her attacker, how could she possibly have her phone at her fingertips? Doesn't this imply she was able to get to her phone AFTER the attacker left her for dead?

-Was Amber still alive when found by LE? I have seen it stated both ways.

-How was her body positioned compared to her car?

Amber had alot of defensive wounds, so much so that her mother was asked to dress her in long sleeves for her viewing/funeral. Re the cell - I'm wondering if the crime scene was staged by the perp. Maybe the perp did whatever he did in killing her, but the rest was staged around her body.

The public was being asked if they remember a person that was walking or standing on the over pass near where Amber was found. Why wasn't a description of this person given? Why no sketch at least? Could it be bc dogs sniffed the path of the perp and it led them to the overpass? Could it be bc the perp dropped something, like something that could hold his DNA? Could it be bc that is what's leading police to ask if anybody noticed someone standing or walking on that overpass?

If it was because the dogs tracked somebody up to the bridge, they wouldn't have a description to give, or anything to base a sketch on, so that seems likely. Or maybe somebody driving by on the other road saw a person but didn't see them clearly enough to give a description. They don't seem to know whether it's male or female, even.

If the perp left behind DNA, he must not be in the database bc wouldn't FBI/le lave done cross checks of said DNA evidence? So if the perp has ever gotten into trouble with the law, it must not have been severe enough to warrant a DNA submission. Or is it possible le couldn't find any DNA left behind? That's so hard to take in. I mean, dogs & stuff...wouldn't DNA have been left even if in a small amount?

If it was because the dogs tracked somebody up to the bridge, they wouldn't have a description to give, or anything to base a sketch on, so that seems likely. Or maybe somebody driving by on the other road saw a person but didn't see them clearly enough to give a description. They don't seem to know whether it's male or female, even.

Yeah, good point. & re the perp, I guess I assumed its a male bc of Amber's defensive wounds. Could be a female as well. I think you're right, they haven't released that...

Yes it could be from the dogs and you know what? You raise a good point.

The person may have made their way up to the overpass AFTER the crime, not before.

I had it stuck in my head the perp was up there PRIOR to the crime.

I think rage is certainly indicated here, I just don't think it's ROAD rage. Looks like someone somehow got her to stop her car, pulled her out and just beat the carp out of her. Then got back in their car and took off. Wouldn't take more than a couple of minutes.

When my daughter had her girl's night for her wedding, they got rooms just down the street from where the event was so they wouldn't have to drive after it was over. If Amber was running errands, then taking a friend home (?) it could explain why she was on that road. And if she was driving WEST, as implied upthread, she would have already dropped the friend off and was heading back to the HWY.

Someone following her, unnoticed, maybe with an agenda, could easily have pulled their car in front of hers to make her stop, pulled her out and unloaded on her. That kind of damage to the face/head is usually personal.

MOO

Great post.

DID Amber and her friends get a hotel room the night before?

Amber appeared to be ready for work in that video, but, MAYBE those are a actually her clothes from the night before.

We need her apartment address. Everyone MUST look at the map with the 4 locations I linked upthread.

JG, you are totally right about those 2 men in the video. I will screen them tonight. LE would not usually include innocents in a video like that.

Once again, WHY backtrack all the way to Murphy's for the video?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nothing67
Back