SC SC - Amir Jennings, 18 mo., Columbia, Nov 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.wistv.com/story/16450315/sc-police-mother-wont-tell-them-where-son-is

That sort of behavior wasn't unusual for the young mother, according to relatives, who told investigators the one-time student at Winthrop University had become erratic and depressed since her son's birth and had begun disappearing for days on end, with the boy, since he was born.
"The grandmother told me specifically that, when she was in school, she was a very good person, a very good student," the police chief said. "But once the baby was born, the conduct kind of changed."
Relatives had previously filed missing-person reports for her. The grandmother was more concerned this time because her daughter had gotten into a separate car accident several days earlier and made "cryptic phone calls to other family members indicating her ongoing fight with depression is continuing," police said in a report.

There was no answer Wednesday at the blue, two-story home where police say Jennings, her mother and son live, its door and front porch still festooned with Christmas decorations. The house, just a few blocks from one of Columbia's busiest thoroughfares, is on a quiet, tree-lined street of other one- and two-story homes, some with fenced- in yards and porches.

Zinah was apparently in two car accidents in less than a month. She & the child live with her mom in Cola, SC & the Dec 24 accident was near her mom's house - but Zinah had not seen her mom in weeks? No job? This article also mentions Amir's dad.

http://www.wistv.com/story/16448127/missing-childs-mother-on-going-to-jail-thats-where-i-need-to-be

"Zinah was not necessarily reported as missing," said Jocelyn, "It was the child that I was concerned with because I had actually seen her the night before." Police say the last time anyone saw Amir was the day before Thanksgiving.

...snipped...

"Traffic investigators asked her about her son and at that point, that's when she started giving inconsistent stories to the point, at one time, even saying that she doesn't have a child," said Scott.
The story hasn't changed, according to police. And it was a statement Zinah made during an interrogation last week that has investigators worried. "During an interview with her, when I mentioned she would be going to jail, she said, 'That's the place I need to be,'" said Scott.

What does he mean by "that story hasn't changed?" ? Is she still saying she doesn't have a child?

Completely different from OCA here - Zinah says she needs to be in jail. OCA was doing all she could to get out. Zinah appears to have given up from that statement.

http://www.wistv.com/story/16448127/missing-childs-mother-on-going-to-jail-thats-where-i-need-to-be

What does he mean by "that story hasn't changed?" ? Is she still saying she doesn't have a child?

Completely different from OCA here - Zinah says she needs to be in jail. OCA was doing all she could to get out. Zinah appears to have given up from that statement.

I don't know either. :waitasec: I wonder if he means THIS story hasn't changed, as in, she's still not telling us the truth, she's still not telling us where Amir is, she's still not cooperating.

As much as it sounds like a Casey story, it really isn't. The grandparents called LE much more quickly, and it does sound like Z has truly been suffering from depression since Amir was born.

As for her comment that she needs to be in jail, it does sound like she realizes something is wrong even if she is unable to help find her son. She seems to have some remorse for whatever has happened.

I wonder if a psychiatrist has tried talking with her. Sounds like she needs one.

Still praying that Amir is safe with someone else, although that is looking less and less likely as the news spreads. :(

--zinah's court appearance...( apparently the whole thing is boring her..)

http://www.wistv.com/story/16448127/mis ... need-to-be

Missing child's mother once said she had no child

--video @ link--

34a8ae38.jpg

She was also at the age where certain mental illnesses can manifest noticable symptoms for the first time approx 18 months to (including pregnancy months) 27 months ago.

Who knows? She might be mentally ill or not.

As for this case being like Caylee's. Meh. There are so many children who's parents murdered them and didn't report them missing, another family member eventually did.

A lot like there are a great many men that have murdered their spouses and gotten away with it. But we always refer back to OJ (well we did for a while now I think it's Peterson that gets the most mention or others).

I want and hope so badly this little guy is still alive. I know intellectually there's a very slim chance. I just hope :(

I am glad the police are taking this seriously and trying all they can to get her to talk. I am sick and tired of parents doing this! As someone here said, it is now an epidemic. I don't understand why these kind of people have kids. Birth control is everywhere. So they don't want the kid, why not surrender the child?! Why do they kill these precious, innocent children?! If more parents get away with it, I fear it will only get worse. The solution is easy: USE BIRTH CONTROL! I am so angry about this :furious:.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/05/fa ... ing-south/
Police Use Cadaver Dogs in Search for Missing South Carolina Boy
--snipped--

Police say they have used cadaver dogs to search a car and home belonging to the South Carolina woman they accuse of repeatedly lying to them about where her 18-month-old son is.

Columbia Police Department spokeswoman Jennifer Timmons said Thursday three search warrants had been executed 22-year-old Zinah Jennings' car and home.

http://www.wistv.com/story/16452564/sc- ... ere-son-is
------snipped----

Police also searched the car that Zinah Jennings' confiscated car. According to Chief Randy Scott, investigators have discovered possible leads as a result of Thursday's searches. Scott would not say what those leads are.

"We've done the search warrants. We have been able to recover some evidence from the vehicle," said Scott. "We did a search warrant also yesterday on a possibility where Zinah and Amir have been and again...we're not stopping.

Amir's grandparents told The Associated Press that they would release a statement to the media about the disappearance on Thursday, but that never happened.

Police said that they have not been able to get in touch with the grandparents all day. Columbia PD has been initiating communication with the family and updating them daily prior to today, but so far today they have had no luck in communicating with the grandparents.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/05/justice/s ... g-toddler/
--snipped--

An attorney hired by Zinah Jennings' mother
said he expects the family to issue a statement, perhaps Friday, asking "the public to do everything they can to help locate her grandson."

Hemphill P. Pride II said he has not had an opportunity to meet with the young woman and was not certain whether she will permit him to represent her.

"They are concerned about their daughter and concerned about her grandson," Pride said of the family.

He indicated Zinah Jennings may be "rebellious" because of her relatively young age.

The Richland County Public Defender's Office is currently representing Jennings. It had no comment Thursday.

http://hemphillpprideii.com/Resume-4-17-07.htm
---attorney hemphill pride ii---

hemphill.jpg

---snipped----

"Presently, Pride practices law in Columbia, South Carolina [Law Office of Hemphill P. Pride II, LLC] specializing in state and federal criminal defense; Plaintiff's civil litigation; accidents including, but not limited to, automobile, planes, trains and buses; Plaintiff's labor law; and, Immigration-deportation."

http://newsone.com/nation/associate...ing-with-police-on-missing-son-amir-jennings/

4f868ce5.jpg

image-------SC police

--she hadn't been a "student" for quite some time...

That sort of behavior wasn’t unusual for the young mother, according to relatives, who told investigators the one-time college student had begun disappearing for days on end, with her son, since his birth.

“The grandmother told me specifically that, when she was in school, she was a very good person, a very good student,” said Scott, adding that relatives had previously filed several missing persons reports on Jennings. “But once the baby was born, the conduct kind of changed.”

Jennings attended Winthrop University in Rock Hill, S.C., for one academic year, from fall 2007 until spring 2008, according to a school spokeswoman.

This case is really starting to sound ominous.....

My small sliver of hope has faded.

Simply gut-wrenching that yet another precious child has gone missing. Where are you, darling little guy?? :(

I will never understand this. Ok, let's say she's is/was on drugs and/or has mental problems.

But what's with attitude?

Lots of people on drugs or with mental problems commit crimes. But not many stand in court acting like an petulant brat!

She doesn't look concerned, worried, or remorseful at all (as if!). To me, she just looks pretty damn annoyed that she got caught.

Is this the new trend with child killers? Disappear your child, don't say a word, act annoyed about the whole thing, and maybe you'll go free.

I think my head exploded. :banghead:

I think it's interesting that amidst that expression she said she belonged in jail. Not the norm with "these parents."

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/30146336/detail.html

Search warrants detail lies told by missing boy's mother

--S/W's @ link

Channel 9 uncovered search warrants that detail the lies told by the mother of a missing toddler to investigators.

According to search warrants, Zinah told officers she did not even have a son. She later recanted and said her son was in Atlanta. Three days later, she told investigators her son was with a man named Ernest Robinson. Officers researched that claim and discovered the man doesn't exist.

On Monady, Zinah took investigators to an apartment complex where she said she dropped off her son. She then told officers she didn't remember the apartment number, or where the apartment was located within the complex.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back