GUILTY SC - Angela 'Angie' Pipkin, 32, Aynor, 17 Jan 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Pipkin family waits for ID after remains located in Florence County

http://www.wbtw.com/story/25530255/...r-id-after-remains-located-in-florence-county

Her mother, Gail, says she believes in her heart the remains found are those of her daughter.

"She's not all together, you know," Gail added. "They're still looking for the rest of her.

Remains are of a woman!
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1044905

It could be Monday before the woman's identity can be determined, von Lutcken said.

Sounds like they weren't really considering this could be Heather even from the beginning (based on wording in first report). Leads me to believe they know what happened to her and that they don't even have hope her body will be recovered. Just my opinion/interpretation!

Heather isn't the only woman missing in Horry County. These remains were found just downriver from where Angie Pipkin's murderer is thought to have thrown her body in the river, so it's much more likely to be Angie.

So they can get an ID on these by Monday and the remains in Deland are still confounding everyone to the point where they can't even say whose remains those AREN'T? Fascinating....

So they can get an ID on these by Monday and the remains in Deland are still confounding everyone to the point where they can't even say whose remains those AREN'T? Fascinating....
Right?

I also heard on the radio this morning 103.9 that the initial autopsy confirmed the remains to be female. Sorry, no link to support. I saw the interview with Angie's mom and daughter last night... very sad...

I thought the same thing. Really makes me wonder about the differences in the condition of both set of remains. Or that maybe the remains found in Deland are those of a child or adult not from the U.S.?

I thought the same thing. Really makes me wonder about the differences in the condition of both set of remains. Or that maybe the remains found in Deland are those of a child or adult not from the U.S.?
I have no problem with them being unable to identify those remains, but I'm not understanding why they cannot say with certainty that they were NOT Angie Pipkin's, or Heather Elvis' or Brittanee Drexel's or any other missing person that it obviously is not. They must be so far gone that they can't get any kind of DNA analysis from them?

I always thought identification with teeth would be easier. Maybe there are no teeth?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98
Back