Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, captdj. If she left Bluewater at 21st S., heading back towards Bar Harbor, she would have been heading north...the avenues then would count down, 21, 20, 19...12, 11, 10...all the way to 1. Then the North Avenues start building up, 1 (where Bar Harbor is) on up to like 84th North.

I'm no good at linking searched Google maps, but if you were to put in the addresses of the hotels on a map, you'd see it. I did it the other day and I think the distance between Bar Harbor and Bluewater was about 1.5 miles. Quite a trek on those busy sidewalks - and to turn around and do it again within a short time would have been almost 3 miles in a short time frame.

I still can't believe none of her friends offered to drive, either going or coming back.

ok I think I got it now Brittanee started North from 21st south went to 11st south. Isnt this about halfway to her hotel Bar Harbor then what happened ??changed directions and went to surfside beach....

Williamsburg County reference:

http://www.thestate.com/crime/story/768921.html

Thursday, Apr. 30, 2009

About 8:35 a.m. Wednesday, workers on a Williamsburg County transport bus reported seeing a girl fitting Drexel’s description on the bus from Georgetown, Knipes said. The girl got off near the 100 block of North Ocean Boulevard.

ok I think I got it now Brittanee started North from 21st south went to 11st south. Isnt this about halfway to her hotel Bar Harbor then what happened ??changed directions and went to surfside beach....

Hmmmm, lets say the girls get pissed off waiting for B to return the shorts and go looking for her and head towards the boys hotel. The find her walking on Ocean near 11th and she gets in their car. They think it'll be funny to take her out to the boonies and leave her to teach her a lesson and something gets outta hand......just saying.

Please read this with your own eyes before the link gets corrupted.

http://rochesterhomepage.net/content/fulltext/?cid=87961

"Police also said they were able to locate Brittanee's cell phone as it traveled out of Williamsburg County, which is inland, toward the South Carolina coast. That was days ago."

Again, no mention of what day the phone pinged last and where the location was.

(perfect example of poor reporting. They didn't locate her phone, just tracked it.. In an article a few posts above, LE clearly says, her phone was the only thing missing from her belongings left at the hotel)

Santee River is SOUTH in Georgetown County

another report that said williamsburg county

i kinda wonder the same with the comments these girls have made to each other on Facebook and Myspace,granted they might not be talking about B but it does make you wonder.

Williamsburg County reference:

http://www.thestate.com/crime/story/768921.html

Thursday, Apr. 30, 2009

http://rochesterhomepage.net/content...ext/?cid=87961

Police also said they were able to track Brittanee's cell phone as it traveled out of Williamsburg County, which is inland, toward the South Carolina coast.

P.S. I'm trying to find the video of Tarah's interview about starting the Facebook page but having no luck. Will keep trying - I'm sure I will run across it.

Yes, Suzi the link I provided for reference was the girl that turned out to be a hotel worker.

Hmmmm, lets say the girls get pissed off waiting for B to return the shorts and go looking for her and head towards the boys hotel. The find her walking on Ocean near 11th and she gets in their car. They think it'll be funny to take her out to the boonies and leave her to teach her a lesson and something gets outta hand......just saying.

It does appear her plans got changed around 11th Ave south doesnt it?
You make a good point it looks like she may have gotten into a car at this point.

Ok so at about 10:30 - 11:00 PM she in Georgetown?
Where did she go next. LE tracked her pings into early Sunday Morning..

Too bad this information could not be accessed that night and have real time ping data. I know some parents have GPS tracking on the Children Phones. I almost paid for that service when my child was a teen.

I can't remember who posted this map link a page or two back but I'm going to borrow it from you! (hope it works)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...20288&sspn=0.198361,0.306244&ie=UTF8&t=p&z=11

Ok - if you zoom out on that map, look a little northeast of Georgetown and see Kingstree? That is Williamsburg County. There isn't too much more to Wiliamsburg County than Kingstree. Seriously. (I can't remenber if Andrews is in Willliamsburg Co or Georgetown Co at the moment - will look it up. Another very small, very rural 'dip in the road'.)

So is it possible someone drove inland from Surfside to interior Williamsburg County and then doubled back to Georgetown and ditched the phone? I'd like to know if they got any hits between Surfside and Georgetown on 17. If traveling 17 they would have gone through the city of Georgetown, surely hitting a tower before the one there near the river. Now between Surfside and Kingstree? VERY DESOLATE. We still have very spotty reception in some of those rural areas - could be they didn't pass a tower at all through there.

God I hope someone saw something and calls it in.

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/breaking_news/story/885818.html

(snip)
Detectives ask that people who were in the areas between 11th Avenue South and 20th Avenue South along Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach between 8:45 and 9:15 p.m. April 25 call the Myrtle Beach Police Department at 918-1382 if they saw anything suspicious.

I found this article interesting, if it's been posted please excuse...

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=295450

Monday, May 04, 2009 at 4:39 p.m.

Whether or not you're using it to make a call, whenever your cell phone is turned on, it's constantly sending a signal to towers near its location.

If police know a missing person's cell phone number, they can have the phone company track down which tower most recently received a signal from that number.

"It's not a very specific area, it's a very vague area. Those cell phone towers can go for miles and pick up a signal so we have a general area to start searching at least."

Every signal that a cell phone sends to a tower has a time stamp attached to it.

By calculating the amount of time in milliseconds that it takes for the signal to get from the cell phone to the tower, the phone company can calculate how close the cell phone is to the tower.

Keep in mind, the cell phone is sending a signal to many towers at the same time, and HTC engineer Ryan Graham says, for tracking purposes, the more towers the phone can communicate with, the better.

A bit more explanation at the link, I can't copy and paste more without breaking TOS.

http://rochesterhomepage.net/content...ext/?cid=87961

Police also said they were able to track Brittanee's cell phone as it traveled out of Williamsburg County, which is inland, toward the South Carolina coast.

P.S. I'm trying to find the video of Tarah's interview about starting the Facebook page but having no luck. Will keep trying - I'm sure I will run across it.

I would love to see this because she makes the comment on JO's myspace
"Im glad we don't have to worry about that little nagging hoe anymore,i think she got the hint"."Luv ya always,no matter what" (i inserted the ") and T did have the whole Help us find B thing on her page,now it is gone.

It does appear her plans got changed around 11th Ave south doesnt it?
You make a good point it looks like she may have gotten into a car at this point.

Ok so at about 10:30 - 11:00 PM she in Georgetown?
Where did she go next. LE tracked her pings into early Sunday Morning..

Too bad this information could not be accessed that night and have real time ping data. I know some parents have GPS tracking on the Children Phones. I almost paid for that service when my child was a teen.

IIRC, from the maps, it takes about an hour to get from Myrtle Beach to Georgetown. Locals correct me if I'm wrong! Not sure when her phone started pinging in Georgetown, but the last ping came from there early Sunday.

"Im glad we don't have to worry about that little nagging hoe anymore,i think she got the hint"."Luv ya always,no matter what" (i inserted the ") and T did have the whole Help us find B thing on her page,now it is gone.

Reading that makes me wonder, who invited her to come along to the beach? She had to have an invite from someone. Or she would have had to ask ...can I come and have gotten a positive response from one of them.

IIRC, from the maps, it takes about an hour to get from Myrtle Beach to Georgetown. Locals correct me if I'm wrong! Not sure when her phone started pinging in Georgetown, but the last ping came from there early Sunday.

Pretty much,the google maps say 49min. by car.

Well i stated before a few pages back that friends say that JO invited her and that JO used to live in Myrtle. No clarification on either as far as articles but just from friends in this little square.

Wow that is insane. I wonder if she is talking about B and maybe these kids don't realize people are reading their facebook comments?

WTH one of Brittanee's girlfriend posted that comment after she went missing? Hinkey.... Hope LE compare Brittanee's pings to all the girls cell phones for simultaneous towers hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme