Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ocean Blvd runs into Hwy 17 about 5-6 blocks south of 21st Ave South, at Springmaid Pier/MB State Park (in front of the old Air Fore base) so the route could be straight south down OB or could have taken that two block jaunt over to 17 from 11th.

I don't understand how they could be so accurate thats as far back north her phone went, unless it is simply they have her on video coming back at 12th and then not on another video at 11th.

Kat, Tarah is her friend who started the Facebook page and is here helping the family. She was interviewed on local stations a couple of days ago. If I can find the video I will post it - nothing major in it though.

Somewhere around 11th she either entered or was placed in a car?

Suzi, do you remember the address for the Hotel the girls were staying in? TIA

Is this the timeline? Reported missing Sunday EARLY am, other girls have hotel move Sunday sometime? If so, it is even more odd that they did not take her things...

Or was it the new hotel that her things were abandoned at, when the girls went back to NY? I can't keep up with what we actually know as fact, and what has been speculation...

Thanks! When the reporter says after leaving the hotel the boys were at on 21st. Britannee traveled north to 11th, he means south right? And 11th is where Bar Harbor is, IIRC. Then she went to surfside.

Correct me on the location of Bar Harbor Hotel if I have that wrong. But if I have that right, it sounds like she made it back to her hotel?

I was just asking the same thing if Brittanee was at 21 Ave south she had to travel South not North to go to 11 Ave South and then south again to go to Surfside. I pretty sure Bar Harbor is South of Bluewater and south of Boardwalk(where her friends moved to)

Map legend=
A is the Blue Water Hotel
B is 11th Ave South
that's a 7/10 mile walk or ride north of the boys hotel on Ocean.

As you can see, Hwy 17 is another main thoroughfare going N & S & runs parrallel west of Ocean Ave., so somehow she ended up probably getting on Hwy 17? not far from 11th Ave. South ( point B) and headed south to Surfside Beach which is 6.2 miles South from that point. Says 10 minutes drive.

BrittaneeBluWtrHotelto11thAve.jpg

Map legend=
B is 11th Ave, north
C is Surfside Beach
Surfside Beach is 6.2 miles down the Hwy from 11th Ave South & Hwy 17

BRITTANEE11thAvetoSurfsideBch.jpg

From Surfside Beach to Hwy 17 & Hole St. in Georgetown, is approx 39 more miles down the Hwy. That would be another 40-50 minute drive south. ( point D on map )
BRITTANEEHwy17andHoleStGeotwon.jpg

Directions
BRITTANEEdirectionstoSurfsideBch.jpg

Oh, Brittanee bless your heart. I'm just at a loss for words. So pretty, so young. This makes me so sad.

From Surfside Beach to Hwy 17 & Hole St. in Georgetown, is approx 39 more miles down the Hwy. That would be another 40-50 minute drive south. ( point D on map )
BRITTANEEHwy17andHoleStGeotwon.jpg

Would Brittanee be at point D on the map around 10:30 PM.
Did she go to Williamsburg County from there?

I was just asking the same thing if Brittanee was at 21 Ave south she had to travel South not North to go to 11 Ave South and then south again to go to Surfside. I pretty sure Bar Harbor is South of Bluewater and south of Boardwalk(where her friends moved to)

No, captdj. If she left Bluewater at 21st S., heading back towards Bar Harbor, she would have been heading north...the avenues then would count down, 21, 20, 19...12, 11, 10...all the way to 1. Then the North Avenues start building up, 1 (where Bar Harbor is) on up to like 84th North.

I'm no good at linking searched Google maps, but if you were to put in the addresses of the hotels on a map, you'd see it. I did it the other day and I think the distance between Bar Harbor and Bluewater was about 1.5 miles. Quite a trek on those busy sidewalks - and to turn around and do it again within a short time would have been almost 3 miles in a short time frame.

I still can't believe none of her friends offered to drive, either going or coming back.

Argh!!!! Never mind about the new hotel room. She still would have been headed back to the original one.

Kat, Tarah is her friend who started the Facebook page and is here helping the family. She was interviewed on local stations a couple of days ago. If I can find the video I will post it - nothing major in it though.

Are you local?

They're both north of the boy's room at Bluewater. I can't imagine her walking to 23rd Ave N. That would be 40+ blocks from the boys hotel at Bluewater.

lol, thank you. The north south thing has thrown me for a loop.

I'm really not buying now that the other girls didn't see B after she left the boys hotel.

Sea,just out of curiosity,are you sure it was Tarah that is there searching because she is friends with JO and AL? Just curious!?

lol, thank you. The north south thing has thrown me for a loop.

I'm really not buying now that the other girls didn't see B after she left the boys hotel.

It's Ok - I went back to look at your map and see the confusion - one point took you to 1st Avenue South in Myrtle and it looked like another wanted to take you to 1st South in Surfside (for you to choose) - Surfside was the southernmost point it was highlighting. I know - Surfside has N/S Avenues too I think - so it can be very confusing. Don't worry too much about Surfside. I think it was just that her phone pinged in that area as they traveled through towards Georgetown.

I'm still VERY interested in that Williamsburg County reference mentioned early on that we havent heard a word about since. I don't think it was a mistake. You don't just pull Williamsburg County out of thin air when you are talking about Horry, Georgetown on into Charleston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro