Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't reconcile the fact that PB fled SC at 2am for a 17 hour drive back to Rochester NY, leaving behind all his belongings and a security deposit. Seems to me he was trying to distance himself from a situation. Now he's lawyered up? I think LE is just saying he is not a POI so he lets his guard down.

The possibility that this girl met some stranger on the way back to the hotel is still an option. It was after 8pm and she was all alone. Maybe PB fled because he was afraid he was going to be suspected and didn't want to be there.

I don't think the girls did anything to her, because one of them would have turned against the others.

I hope B is okay.

A family member of one of the boys being questioned was on local radio this morning. Apparently the boys had a BBQ to attend on Sunday and had planned all along to be home for it. Suspicious?..maybe boys trying to squeeze out the last moments of crazy vaca?..likely

and from what we're hearing around here, her girlfriends stories are changing quite a bit also

Did all the boys leave together or did PB leave on his own? If they all left together did they all also leave all their belongings behind?

The possibility that this girl met some stranger on the way back to the hotel is still an option. It was after 8pm and she was all alone. Maybe PB fled because he was afraid he was going to be suspected and didn't want to be there.

I don't think the girls did anything to her, because one of them would have turned against the others.

I hope B is okay.

I don't think the girls did anything to her but i do think that there is more to the story that this particular girl knows. Also it was said that the other guys had to get back to school and they all rode together.

Police in Rochester were helping out by interviewing Drexel's friends and others from the region who traveled to Myrtle Beach last week. Allanna Lippa, 19, said she was one of about 15 people in the group who stayed "in one big room" at the motel.

But Lippa returned to Rochester, where she is now worrying about her friend.

"There's a million things that could have possibly happened to her," Lippa. 19, said. "She was fun, a little ball of energy. But she was also depressed."

Hmmm, more people from Rochester area went to MB, SC last weekend. Did anyone else from Rochester see Brittanee last weekend? Ms. Lippa said B was depressed. Did she see B over the weekend?

I disagree with her saying " there's a million things that could have happened to her",very little could of happened from hotel to hotel. A abduction even seems unlikely in that their had to people out that time of night there and hard for me to believe a 17 year old would of went without screaming and making ruckus.
Also since she was in such a hurry that she had to leave the guys place to get the shorts back to the girl I don't believe she would of just decided to go somewhere else first, wouldn't she of took the shorts back first? I firmly believe it is likely these girls know a whole lot more than what they are saying.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20090430/ARTICLES/904309961/1083/ARTICLES?Title=Police-search-Myrtle-Beach-for-missing-teen-

I don't think the girls did anything to her but i do think that there is more to the story that this particular girl knows. Also it was said that the other guys had to get back to school and they all rode together.

I just find it very odd to say the least that these boys take off almost at the exact same time, the female friends report her missing. Makes my hinky meter go off.

I have heard 3 different accounts of why the boys left at 2am. The first was that they had a BBQ that they had planned on attending all along. The second was that they had to get back for school. I don't know of any schools that hold class on Sunday. The third was that they had to get back for work. Wonder which is the truth.

Police in Rochester were helping out by interviewing Drexel's friends and others from the region who traveled to Myrtle Beach last week. Allanna Lippa, 19, said she was one of about 15 people in the group who stayed "in one big room" at the motel.

"There's a million things that could have possibly happened to her," Lippa. 19, said. "She was fun, a little ball of energy. But she was also depressed."

Hmmm, more people from Rochester area went to MB, SC last weekend. Did anyone else from Rochester see Brittanee last weekend? Ms. Lippa said B was depressed. Did she see B over the weekend?

I disagree with her saying " there's a million things that could have happened to her",very little could of happened from hotel to hotel. A abduction even seems unlikely in that their had to people out that time of night there and hard for me to believe a 17 year old would of went without screaming and making ruckus.
Also since she was in such a hurry that she had to leave the guys place to get the shorts back to the girl I don't believe she would of just decided to go somewhere else first, wouldn't she of took the shorts back first? I firmly believe it is likely these girls know a whole lot more than what they are saying.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20090430/ARTICLES/904309961/1083/ARTICLES?Title=Police-search-Myrtle-Beach-for-missing-teen-

I'm in total agreement. Also, why is this girl refering to BD in the past tense?

Did all the boys leave together or did PB leave on his own? If they all left together did they all also leave all their belongings behind?

According to the family member they all left together and left only trash behind, not their belongings. Family member also stated that the deposit would not be returned until the room was checked out for damage, this was not able to be done at the time they left.

I do realize though that as a family member they would paint the involved persons in the best possible light, but they did come off as credible.

I haven't heard anything, but I'm not sure the boys knew her prior to the trip. The places they live are not that close and the age difference...I just can't see them having the same social circles.

The only thing she left with was the cell. I'm trying to find verification of a *rumor* I read on a blog that the cell is now dead.

~snipped~
I read that fairly early on, but saw it on one of the local (MB) news websites. I'll see if I can track the story down.

How big could this motel room have been to sleep 15 people?

According to the family member they all left together and left only trash behind, not their belongings. Family member also stated that the deposit would not be returned until the room was checked out for damage, this was not able to be done at the time they left.

I do realize though that as a family member they would paint the involved persons in the best possible light, but they did come off as credible.

I haven't heard anything, but I'm not sure the boys knew her prior to the trip. The places they live are not that close and the age difference...I just can't see them having the same social circles.

They are all in the same social circles,look at the myspaces.

I hadn't heard about this case until yesterday, lots going on here in the Myrtle beach area (wild fires that were out of control for several days 19,000 acres burnt.. the kids in the area are still not going to school full days because of the smoke & smog associated with the fires.). Anyway, gosh, how horrible! She's so young! and here, so close to my home!

If Brittanee's parents, friends, or whoever need anything done (flyers, etc) please don't hesitate to contact me! I am 15 minutes from where Brittanee went missing.. I know the area pretty well. I can dial a phone, drive a car, walk, run, trudge...

Anything at all!! my prayers are with Brittanee and her family. I so hope this turns out good!

How big could this motel room have been to sleep 15 people?

I was surprised about 15 people in one room, too. My guess is that would come as a surprise to the management. When I tried to reserve a room for 15, the message came up and said that number requires registration of 4 rooms. Were they kicked out, I wonder?

I was surprised about 15 people in one room, too. My guess is that would come as a surprise to the management. When I tried to reserve a room for 15, the message came up and said that number requires registration of 4 rooms. Were they kicked out, I wonder?

Wouldn't doubt it. but (thinking back a couple of years), ya sneak people in.. they aren't all registered. Everybody just hubs up, saves money, who cares where ya crash, ya know?

managment isn't usually "in the know".

That statement just reads all kind of wrong to me. It takes me back to Courtney Love raving about how depressed Kurt Cobain was the minute she reported him missing (pretending to be his mother) sorry off topic lol. It just seems really odd to say that so many things could have happened to her. Its like she wants to cover all the bases you know, I don't like it at all.

I hadn't heard about this case until yesterday, lots going on here in the Myrtle beach area (wild fires that were out of control for several days 19,000 acres burnt.. the kids in the area are still not going to school full days because of the smoke & smog associated with the fires.). Anyway, gosh, how horrible! She's so young! and here, so close to my home!

If Brittanee's parents, friends, or whoever need anything done (flyers, etc) please don't hesitate to contact me! I am 15 minutes from where Brittanee went missing.. I know the area pretty well. I can dial a phone, drive a car, walk, run, trudge...

Anything at all!! my prayers are with Brittanee and her family. I so hope this turns out good!

I'd be willing to volunteer as well. I live in VA but go and visit my mom in Longs 1-2 times a month. As stated before, if anyone hears of help needed please PM me.. I'm not always paying attention to my computer even though it shows me signed onto WS all the time

Given the wildfires, I fear not enough local people realize a kid is missing.. if Brittanee is actually out there walking around, she could pass 100 people per day without them realizing they are looking at the face of a missing child... word needs to be spread!

The only thing she left with was the cell. I'm trying to find verification of a *rumor* I read on a blog that the cell is now dead.

~snipped~
I read that fairly early on, but saw it on one of the local (MB) news websites. I'll see if I can track the story down.

for the life of me, I have checked every single news website I have visited this week and every article they have posted about Brittanee and I cannot find the article that talked about the phone being dead. I know I've seen it! I'm beginning to wonder if that lil tid bit was redacted

for the life of me, I have checked every single news website I have visited this week and every article they have posted about Brittanee and I cannot find the article that talked about the phone being dead. I know I've seen it! I'm beginning to wonder if that lil tid bit was redacted

As I recall, it was her mother in a TV intervew( NG?) where she said her cell was either dead.

Just found the link: http://www.carolinalive.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=292565

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member