Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caylee Marie, Haleigh Marie, and now Brittanee Marie... how weird!!
I'm glad none of my girls have Marie for a middle name!

I posted this one earlier in the thread. The comment made by the girl at the bottom of the article i wonder about.

I thought that comment was odd, as well. However, I wonder if the reporter asked her to describe Brit's behavior/attitude the week of spring break, so maybe she was answering it in past tense :confused:

The fact that she is seen leaving alone from the hotel....makes me lean towards her disappearing on her own or someone taking her as she walked back to the hotel. I know the friends' stories have changed but maybe it's because they were scared b/c she was missing and she was underage..and they thought they could get in trouble for that:confused:

I thought that comment was odd, as well. However, I wonder if the reporter asked her to describe Brit's behavior/attitude the week of spring break, so maybe she was answering it in past tense :confused:

The fact that she is seen leaving alone from the hotel....makes me lean towards her disappearing on her own or someone taking her as she walked back to the hotel. I know the friends' stories have changed but maybe it's because they were scared b/c she was missing and she was underage..and they thought they could get in trouble for that:confused:

Im pretty much thinking the same thing. The thing that bothered me about the 2 girls is that they both said they didn't know B that well,she was just an aquaintence but the pics on facebook J has up has B in all of them along with A. Also in the pics they don't look to worried about her having fun on the way home but to the media they play a different role as in they care so much but yet at the same time they left her there and didn't bother to help look and they are the ones that invited her to go. Something isn't quite right about it.

I thought it was weird the group switched hotels. Was B there when they switched? Has their old room been searched?

Also, is B's purse with her things? What about the borrowed shorts? Does the girl have those back? Is there any evidence she made it back to the hotel?

I would seriously look into the people she went with. I cannot in a million years imagine leaving when someone in the group is missing. And one girl downloaded a bunch of pictures from the trip? Isn't that weird?

I posted this one earlier in the thread. The comment made by the girl at the bottom of the article i wonder about.

Rather odd statement made by the police Captain about a missing child.

"We can't rule anything out," Knipes said. "Obviously it's a very concerning thing, when you have a 17-year-old with a history of depression who could do harm to herself or others."

Questions I would like cleared up...(by LE, not by the boys, their parents or an attorney)

Did the boys take their belongings when they left the hotel?
Did they all drive home together in the same vehicle?
Who is the owner/driver of the vehicle?
Did the owner/driver decide to leave and tell the others "come now or find your own ride" or did they all plan to leave at that time on that night?
Is there any video of the other girls or anyone else leaving the hotel immediately after BD left?
What was the time of her last cell phone call, who was it to, and where was she pinging from?

That statement just reads all kind of wrong to me. It takes me back to Courtney Love raving about how depressed Kurt Cobain was the minute she reported him missing (pretending to be his mother) sorry off topic lol. It just seems really odd to say that so many things could have happened to her. Its like she wants to cover all the bases you know, I don't like it at all.

That was EXACTLY my first thought too. It's like "Here are all the things that could have happened. See? I didn't do it." Or she could be covering for someone else. Either way, it seems like she may know more than she is telling.

I'm still really suspicious of PB though. There's too much hinky going on there.

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S908979.shtml?cat=572

Updated at: 05/01/2009 8:46 AM

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children sent two highly skilled former FBI agents to Myrtle Beach to help in the search.

In the video at the link, which is located to the upper right of the article, the rep from the NCMEC says that the two men are from Team Adam.

Does anyone have another link to the Facebook pictures? I can't access them with the other link, even when I am signed into my account. TIA

Does anyone have another link to the Facebook pictures? I can't access them with the other link, even when I am signed into my account. TIA

I couldn't either...I'm new to facebook, so I thought it was just me.

Fox news article today:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,518596,00.html

The teen's hotel room at the Bar Harbor Hotel was abandoned, and she left all her belongings behind. Her cell phone, which has been tracked, was the only item missing, according to Myrtle Beach police spokesman Capt. David Knipes.

Question: WHERE was the cell tracked to? What day and what time?

At this point, the 'girls' she was traveling with look awful irresponsible. They changed rooms - WHEN? what day? , and they left her belongings there?

Police now looking down by the Santee River that runs E - W, north side of the Francis Marion Nat'l Forest which is approx. 53 miles south of Myrtle Beach.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/global/story.asp?s=10287623

GEORGETOWN COUNTY, SC (WMBF) - Police and detectives are in Georgetown County Friday "leaving no stone unturned" in the search for a missing New York teen.

Myrtle Beach Police Capt. David Knipes confirmed to WMBF News that crews are at the North Santee River following up on leads received earlier this week on the whereabouts of Brittanee Drexel, 17. Knipes would not confirm what the lead was, but said they are "leaving no stone unturned."

WMBF News has a crew on the scene and will have more information as it becomes available.

BRITTANEE-santeervfrommyrtlebeach.jpg

Caylee Marie, Haleigh Marie, and now Brittanee Marie... how weird!!
I'm glad none of my girls have Marie for a middle name!

My niece is named Kaleigh Marie...even weirder.

I was born and raised is a town outside of Rochester so I have great interest in this case. Seems like the male friend checking out in the middle of the night is a big red flag. Most young kids wouldn't do that..looks like he was in a big hurry to get out of dodge and back to Rochester. From what I understand, she was in contact with her mom while she was in MB, so seems the mom didn't get any weird vibes at that point. If she was planning on running away for a long period of time, I doubt she would have been in contact with her mom at all. Do we know if she talked to her bf while she was down there?

Does sound like something bad happened that night but was it a friend or stranger. I'm leaning toward somebody she knew. This poor kid, just wanted to go have a wild time on her own...she should have listened to mom. I don't know, if I didn't see my daughter for like 2-3 days, I would be going over and seeing what was going on, no matter if I thought she was with girlfriends or not, especially since she knew she wanted to go to MB really bad. Sounds like this girl was usually given a very long leash and when mom said no, she rebelled (not uncommon at that age).

I was born and raised is a town outside of Rochester so I have great interest in this case. Seems like the male friend checking out in the middle of the night is a big red flag. Most young kids wouldn't do that..looks like he was in a big hurry to get out of dodge and back to Rochester. From what I understand, she was in contact with her mom while she was in MB, so seems the mom didn't get any weird vibes at that point. If she was planning on running away for a long period of time, I doubt she would have been in contact with her mom at all. Do we know if she talked to her bf while she was down there?

Does sound like something bad happened that night but was it a friend or stranger. I'm leaning toward somebody she knew. This poor kid, just wanted to go have a wild time on her own...she should have listened to mom. I don't know, if I didn't see my daughter for like 2-3 days, I would be going over and seeing what was going on, no matter if I thought she was with girlfriends or not, especially since she knew she wanted to go to MB really bad. Sounds like this girl was usually given a very long leash and when mom said no, she rebelled (not uncommon at that age).

Yes, she was in communication with her bf during the trip. I believe he became alarmed when she didn't respond to a text message, something along those lines....

<snipped from above> Investigators from the Myrtle Beach Police Department met with a family friend of Drexel on Saturday upon the request of the girl's mother. John Hahn says he last made contact with Drexel on Saturday around 8 p.m.<snipped>

who is this John Hahn? How does he fit in with these teenagers?

Below is a snippet, read more, this guy suddenly departed before this girl was known to be missing and lawyered up:

Male Friend May Have Been Last to See Teen Alive
The teen's hotel room at the Bar Harbor Hotel was abandoned, and she left all her belongings behind. Her cell phone, which has been tracked, was the only item missing, according to Myrtle Beach police spokesman Capt. David Knipes.
Brittanee left the Bar Harbor Hotel Saturday night about 8 p.m. and went to visit a friend named Peter Broswick, who was with a group of male friends at the nearby Blue Water Resort.
Detectives believe Broswick may have been the last one to see the missing teen alive.
Broswick is also from Rochester and left the beach town for home about 1 a.m. the night Brittanee was last seen, according to News Channel 15's CarolinaLive.com.
Police released footage of the girl entering and leaving the lobby of the Blue Water about 8:25 p.m. Saturday.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,518596,00.html

<snipped from above> Investigators from the Myrtle Beach Police Department met with a family friend of Drexel on Saturday upon the request of the girl's mother. John Hahn says he last made contact with Drexel on Saturday around 8 p.m.<snipped>

who is this John Hahn? How does he fit in with these teenagers?

He's NOT associated in any way with the girls or boys who went on the trip to MB.
Basically, the girls she went to MB with called her boyfriend John G. back in Rochester late Sat. night to tell him they could not find her. He called the mother, Dawn, who called John Hahn, a long time marine friend stationed nearby who jumped in his car and drove directly to MB police station to file the missing persons report. All coordinated by her mother w/ Rochester police and MB police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip