Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very interesting Rose. Thanks for sharing that! Certainly something new to think about and from what I can find, I completely agree this would be an offspring, not true HA. I sent you a couple of PMs too.

Thanks Sea,,,i got them :)

More about the recent attempted abduction. (Thanks to my friend for bringing this to my attention!)

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/23573993/detail.html

According to Kuhns, the boy was able to wrestle his sister away from the would-be abductor.

“[Nathan] said, 'Mommy, I just kicked and I punched and I hit, and I just kept doing it,'” Kuhns told Channel 4 Action News’ Shannon Perrine Sunday. “[The man] kept grabbing her, and he kept pulling her and kept trying to put her back in the car.”

Nathan Kuhns was able to provide DNA evidence to police, because he scratched the suspect so severely.

Neither child was injured in the attempted abduction.

Myrtle Beach police have not made any arrests.

(More at link - this was the end of the story)

Good luck with Sunday's search....Gosh I hope we hear something out of that case soon. Her poor daughter...ugh.

Anyway, I don't care where you go, but I REALLY want you to stop by Santee Delta West and find the LE marker for where the glasses were found. I want to know if they were ACTUALLY too far inland to have travelled downstream, or if it's possible that they could have come from upstream, near the corner loop rd community/area.

I am going to locate that spot. Hopefully this upcoming weekend! If I can keep all my housework at bay, throughout the week, I think I can take saturday morning/afternoon and ride to the (very familiar) area of interest. Maybe even get muddy in the Santee Delta W WMA....

The search for Sunday was so very sad. I posted a few of the details and a couple pics over in her thread if you want to check it out.

More about the recent attempted abduction. (Thanks to my friend for bringing this to my attention!)

According to Kuhns, the boy was able to wrestle his sister away from the would-be abductor.

“[Nathan] said, 'Mommy, I just kicked and I punched and I hit, and I just kept doing it,'” Kuhns told Channel 4 Action News’ Shannon Perrine Sunday. “[The man] kept grabbing her, and he kept pulling her and kept trying to put her back in the car.”

Nathan Kuhns was able to provide DNA evidence to police, because he scratched the suspect so severely.

8-Year-Old Whitehall Boy Saves Sister From Myrtle Beach Abduction Attempt
4-Year-Old Girl's Brother Wrestles Her From Attacker

WOW - What a brave little boy! If I were his mom, I'd give him the world!
How scary that an abductor was after her so quickly.

What a little fighter! Man, you know Mama and Daddy are proud of him!

Good luck with the DNA - IF this person's DNA is in a databank, wonder how many years it'll take to match? Wouldnt doubt they have a record, but the DNA collection is a whole other thing, I think.

Wishful dreaming probably but wouldn't it be good IF the DNA revealed someone with a record AND that person turned out to be one of the PsOI in BD's case. Again...wishful dreaming.

No, I remember reading that rd_jfc...I dont remember verbatim what you said but I do remember it making sense at the time I read it. It just seems like such a simple solution that had it been in place, or could it be in place, would aid so much in cases like this.

It would a little, SeaNymph, but everybody local is going to be on there. And then you have the matter of how much data that is to store, and for how long, every cell phone pinging constantly everywhere.

But I do agree with you that there's really not much difference between being videotaped by any surveillance camers, or license plate recorded on a highway surveillance camera, or any other photographic record that are routinely scrutinized by LE without a warrant and the recording of cell phone locations.

In both cases public movement is examined, and I don't see any greater basis for privacy with a telephone company tracking movements than a camera, other than the camera is more happenstance and the telephone company is tracking you personally.

So may become routine one of these days for LE to look up whereabouts of a cell phone any day in the near past or every cell phone in an area during a given time, but not without a huge fight from privacy advocates.

rd

I am going to locate that spot. Hopefully this upcoming weekend! If I can keep all my housework at bay, throughout the week, I think I can take saturday morning/afternoon and ride to the (very familiar) area of interest. Maybe even get muddy in the Santee Delta W WMA....

The search for Sunday was so very sad. I posted a few of the details and a couple pics over in her thread if you want to check it out.

One thing for sure is you have a heart of gold MLatta! How wonderful of you to work so hard for these missing loved ones and their families.

Hmm, don't think we've talked about hopping in the back of a pickup truck? *Unless I've forgotten, which is possible at this point.

One thing for sure is you have a heart of gold MLatta! How wonderful of you to work so hard for these missing loved ones and their families.

Thank you for your kind words!

I finally found my way to give back to my community. It was Brittanee's case that inspired me. It all started when I found all of the posters her family posted in Myrtle Beach mysteriously disappeared after the family left. I tried to replace as many as I could, and it has snowballed from there. It gives me a good feeling, a feeling like I am actually helping people. And many of these people really need some help.

(Particularly the Blombergh family. Poor Sunday did not get much media attention.. perhaps because she is 28? or maybe because of her past indiscretions, who knows? I do know that we are in no position to judge others. Despite whatever one may have done in the past, no one deserves to have this happen to them and their family. All missing persons are equal in my eyes. They need a voice, and that is what I am here for)

It would a little, SeaNymph, but everybody local is going to be on there. And then you have the matter of how much data that is to store, and for how long, every cell phone pinging constantly everywhere.

But I do agree with you that there's really not much difference between being videotaped by any surveillance camers, or license plate recorded on a highway surveillance camera, or any other photographic record that are routinely scrutinized by LE without a warrant and the recording of cell phone locations.

In both cases public movement is examined, and I don't see any greater basis for privacy with a telephone company tracking movements than a camera, other than the camera is more happenstance and the telephone company is tracking you personally.

So may become routine one of these days for LE to look up whereabouts of a cell phone any day in the near past or every cell phone in an area during a given time, but not without a huge fight from privacy advocates.

rd

Would LE be in a position to subpeona those ping records of the POI's to confirm if they match up with Brittanee's? I sure hope so.

Regarding the biker discussion.......I have friends who attend bike week in MB and they always trailer their bikes so that they have a vehicle. I don't know if bikers from GT would do such a thing with GT and MB being so close in distance but wished to contribute.

My friends are from the Chapel HIll area. There are always 3 or 4 in their group and they stay in a rental house in NMB. They like to have their SUV in case of rain/weather occuring when they have plans to go out in the evening. They are not HA's just Harley lovers who went each year for 'guy time' and to have a break from wives/families. Sometimes the wives would go too but separately, the 'girls' would all stay together somewhere else. That's just how they roll LOL!

Thanks to those of you who keep all of us 'informally' informed. you know who you are!

Also, Mlatta I know these families must be so grateful for the work you do. I think saturating areas of interest with these fliers is a great technique! Whoever the sorry souls are that do such things to women should have these reminders staring them in the face each day of their lives. Your efforts could have an effect on someone to tell the truth or to submit a tip. Just wanted you to know how important your efforts can possibly be in solving a case. Bless you !

OMG I love this kid

"I screamed because of the fact someone was trying to pull her in the car and I went down there and beat the crap out of this guy," Nathan said of the rescue

This little boy must've scratched the guy up pretty noticeably. It would be great if some family member or friend would take notice of unusual scratches appearing on someone they know, especially if it is a RSO and turn them in.

Does anyone think this could be the perp who took BD?

rd
^bbm

Right, rd_jfc, I admit I am not seeing the bigger picture of it, and the saturation of other pings by locals in the area. Instead I guess I have tunnel vision thinking 'her phone, who's pinging right along with it', and matching that info up with the cell tower in Surfside. Now in this case, we only have two tower pings that we know of, but in others think of someone, for example, who abducts someone in Florida and takes them to Georgia and all the points along the route those pings would match up. Again, a needle in a haystack, I know. The best hope is that maybe some of the POI's they are looking at, their phones were pinging at the same time and they have now been able to cross reference it - hopefully at least one who wouldnt have been a direct resident of the area - and maybe even also connected to that tower in Surfside by now. Understand they still have to put Brittanee in the car with that person, and if they routinely travel that route it could make the investigation harder, but its a start.

From what's been said the POI's are local enough that one or more of their cell phones pinging the tower doesn't really add much not known. LE is looking for some evidence of Brittanee. (or more of physical evidence of her remains than just the sunglasses if they suspect they are Brittanee's).

I wouldn't be surprised that LE has either phone call records or ping records of one of the suspects cell phone in MB at the time. That still isn't enough.

LE's public statement sounds like they think info from family or friend could give them the clue they need. Probably some people worried about others talking right now, and some people worried that someone might think they will talk.

Could be a hot summer.

rd

This story just gets more amazing. At the link below it is explained much more in detail how the children had gotten "around the corner" and out of the mom's sight. If this little boy could fight off this guy, it tells me that there was probably more than one perp for BD because you know she was larger than this 8-year-old, and she would have of course tried to fight. Makes me think there was probably more than one person if it was an actual abduction right off the street for her. Of course just my thoughts.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/pittsburgh/s_681534.html
A hotel manager called police. While an investigator questioned witnesses, N. K. (the 8-year-old boy) calmly informed the officer that he had the suspect's DNA under his fingernails, E. K. (mother of boy) said.

"He said, 'I watch NCIS,' " she said. "The police officer started laughing."
The officer clipped some of N.K's fingernails for evidence, the police report states.

This story just gets more amazing. At the link below it is explained much more in detail how the children had gotten "around the corner" and out of the mom's sight. If this little boy could fight off this guy, it tells me that there was probably more than one perp for BD because you know she was larger than this 8-year-old, and she would have of course tried to fight. Makes me think there was probably more than one person if it was an actual abduction right off the street for her. Of course just my thoughts.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/pittsburgh/s_681534.html
A hotel manager called police. While an investigator questioned witnesses, N. K. (the 8-year-old boy) calmly informed the officer that he had the suspect's DNA under his fingernails, E. K. (mother of boy) said.

"He said, 'I watch NCIS,' " she said. "The police officer started laughing."
The officer clipped some of N.K's fingernails for evidence, the police report states.

omg- he just gets more amazing every time i hear about him! i agree with you about bd if it was an abduction- unless chloroform (or something similar) was used as others have suggested...

The little guy is amazing!!!

To me...this sounds like the perp from the 2 hotels we were discussing in recent posts. Those children were able to get away from him too...

The little guy is amazing!!!

To me...this sounds like the perp from the 2 hotels we were discussing in recent posts. Those children were able to get away from him too...

so we have a perp that little kids can get away from but whom authorities cannot identify? hmmmm...i haven't read the articles but i'm wondering if this boy who seems unbelievably level headed and with it was able to give the police a good description...sorry, to go o/t...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member