Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of BD and praying soon she be back in our news!! Been way to long now of here anything about this beautiful young lady,my heart goes out to her!!!!
**** Been rereading a few of last reports on this case,i found one part that i cant figure out what they saying? would love to hear anyone give on this? in () below

(Sgt. Neil Johnson of the Georgetown County Sheriff's Office confirmed Monday investigators have pinpointed three or four people of interest in the disappearance of the 18-year-old New York girl. Johnson said all persons of interest have been previously questioned by authorities, but could not confirm an exact time frame in which they were questioned.)

Ok this my confuse part (lol) where it says Johnson,said all pio's have been **previously** questioned!! ** but could not confirm when?????
Ok geeze are they talking of at the beginning? or just since new year came in (2010) this makes me feel was it some of the (groups) with BD? i cant get this one news article out of my mine,,i keep going back trying to figure out why they cant recall a time frame? it hasnt been that long since they (LE) say they got tips,leads, etc? anyone else have a idea what they may be ***saying **
JMO,,,

oh this link im getting that message from)))))
http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=12287064

Hope Everyone has a Safe,weekend

Thinking of BD and praying soon she be back in our news!! Been way to long now of here anything about this beautiful young lady,my heart goes out to her!!!!
**** Been rereading a few of last reports on this case,i found one part that i cant figure out what they saying? would love to hear anyone give on this? in () below

(Sgt. Neil Johnson of the Georgetown County Sheriff's Office confirmed Monday investigators have pinpointed three or four people of interest in the disappearance of the 18-year-old New York girl. Johnson said all persons of interest have been previously questioned by authorities, but could not confirm an exact time frame in which they were questioned.)

Ok this my confuse part (lol) where it says Johnson,said all pio's have been **previously** questioned!! ** but could not confirm when?????
Ok geeze are they talking of at the beginning? or just since new year came in (2010) this makes me feel was it some of the (groups) with BD? i cant get this one news article out of my mine,,i keep going back trying to figure out why they cant recall a time frame? it hasnt been that long since they (LE) say they got tips,leads, etc? anyone else have a idea what they may be ***saying **
JMO,,,

it's possible that its not a matter of they can't remember but that they can't tell the reporter because it would alert the POI's as to who they think did it.

RoseC, The way it is worded makes me wonder if one or two of the POI's have been previously questioned but not in regards to Britt. Maybe they have been in trouble with the law in regards to something else.

Or could be someone who was questioned early on but things are just now coming together for LE since they received the tip in Dec.

IDK but this waiting is hard on us and I cannot imagine how Britt's family is dealing with this state of hanging in limbo. Now another holiday weekend is passing and Brittanee should be at home, cooking out with her family. Hang in there Britt! Someone will find you. Hopefully this will all come to closure soon. Prayers for Britt and her family.

Keep thinking about the "friends" she went to MB with. Have to wonder if any of them feel any sorrow for BD and her family at all. Just cannot believe anyone is that cold to not care about a young girl who had her whole life ahead of her that I had taken with me to the beach and just disappeared into thin air. I imagine she would have been a hairdresser one day and possibly even a hair designer, as it has been stated she had a natural talent for hairstyling. How in the world can these people go about their daily lives without thinking of her every single day of their life??? (Just my opinion). I noticed in one of the pictures in the link that RoseC posted, one of the "friends" has on sunglasses, but not BD. Wonder if they could have been her sunglasses they found for some reason......Was she ever in the area where the glasses turned up?

JMO,,,

Makes me think about early-on when detectives went over to a school and spent "some time" questioning someone there.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=441801

This video was of the 3 detextives and them talking about the POI in BD's case. If you stop the video at 1:47 it pauses on a map that LE is looking at regarding the POI(s).

It's not the easiest to see but it does appear to be the area located between the North and South Santee rivers where highway 17 crosses them. The map has a large circle (only partially seen on video) on it with 3 dots and lables attatched to them on the outter ring of the cirlcle. However, you can only see that dots and not read the lables due to blurriness.)

Of course i went to good 'ole Bing Maps and tried to locate as close as I could where the dots on the LE's map would be on mine. And whatta ya know...

One lable looks like it would have been exactly where BD's sunglasses were reportedly found (on the western side of the Santee Delta). Another lable looks to be in the first alcove on the south side of the North Santee river (RIGHT by Belladonna Ct, Mazyck Dr, and Corner Loop. Which we know LE was searching in early January and a couple of us on here were already discussing some docks in this area resembling a 25 ft. pier/dock.) Also if you zoom in as far as you can there you'll see a long dock jutting out into the river that IMO, I believe to be the one LE was referring to in the news. Lastly, the third lable was in an area i haven't heard about yet but is located on the north side of the South Santee river and is just north of Hampton Planatation State Park. And like before, if you zoom in all the way you will see a small home with a dock jutting into the water as well. The only reason I believe this isn't the dock that was being searched in January is because in the search photos it appears to be wooded by the water and this area isn't, though the dock at the second lable is.

SO, IMO I believe these are the important areas of the investigation that LE marked on their map and the large circle is most likely where they are zoning in at and looking for BD. You can't see the whole circle but I'm thinking a few of the known searches we've heard about would have been in that area. Also on the map you can see that the circle is divided into portions and one portion has the word 'ALPHA' typed in it. Could that be the area they believe BD is most likely at?? I'm wondering if that third lable is a home of a POI or a possibly a tip came in about that dock/house.

I hope that wasn't too confusing and that you all see what I'm talking about! I really do feel this just confirms some of the areas we believed to be where she is/was taken/evidence was found/a POI lives.

Come home soon Britt!!

I love you post Lost&Found. I appreciate all that you have done. I haven't quite absorbed it yet and I'm really too tired to do so right now anyway. I'm sure I'll have something more to say about it soon.

Strawberry,
There is also a picture that exists of B and AL on the beach wearing glasses and I believe it is the one referred to by LE.

This isn't to say that your idea about the glasses belonging to someone else might not be true, but I just thought I'd tell you about this picture.

I will attach it for you.. I'm sorry it's so small.

Attachments

• brittwglasses.jpg
    brittwglasses.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 44
Thinking so much about Brittanee and her family this Memorial Day weekend. Cannot sleep tonight actually. This family deserves some answers and some justice. Thanks for posting that picture, Lindsay. I had been wanting to see it. I have heard many times about a picture of BD with sunglasses on, but do not recall seeing it. Thanks again.

I don't think any of us on WS is prepared to accept that BD really could be gone and not coming back. It is just too heartbreaking to consider. Then I keep thinking about DD and her grandmother and my heart just aches for them. I was really shocked at how the first anniversary of her disappearance affected me. Never realized you could care so much for someone you never met. Just have to say I admire everyone on this website who is struggling with the same thing, and coming together here to try to make some kind of sense of this tragedy. I know many of you follow other cases and each is as heart wrenching. I pray for a day when each family can get some sort of justice and answers about their missing loved ones.

Hope everyone is taking special care down there to stick together and watch out for one another. You just never know how close to danger you could be at any given time, but it is not just MB of course, but anywhere really.

Thinking so much about Brittanee and her family this Memorial Day weekend. Cannot sleep tonight actually. This family deserves some answers and some justice. Thanks for posting that picture, Lindsay. I had been wanting to see it. I have heard many times about a picture of BD with sunglasses on, but do not recall seeing it. Thanks again.

I don't think any of us on WS is prepared to accept that BD really could be gone and not coming back. It is just too heartbreaking to consider. Then I keep thinking about DD and her grandmother and my heart just aches for them. I was really shocked at how the first anniversary of her disappearance affected me. Never realized you could care so much for someone you never met. Just have to say I admire everyone on this website who is struggling with the same thing, and coming together here to try to make some kind of sense of this tragedy. I know many of you follow other cases and each is as heart wrenching. I pray for a day when each family can get some sort of justice and answers about their missing loved ones.

Hope everyone is taking special care down there to stick together and watch out for one another. You just never know how close to danger you could be at any given time, but it is not just MB of course, but anywhere really.

You're very welcome for the picture, I wish I had it bigger.

Yes, there are other cases I follow here, but no one touches me like Brittanee's. She's the only one who I bump up, the only one I leave links about on my Facebook, etc.

You're very welcome for the picture, I wish I had it bigger.

Yes, there are other cases I follow here, but no one touches me like Brittanee's. She's the only one who I bump up, the only one I leave links about on my Facebook, etc.

Here is an easy way to see a picture larger.

Right click on picture
choose
"Save image as"
save to desktop
go to your desktop
it automatically opens in window picture and fax viewer
you can zoom in and make it larger

Thanks for the tip RubyRed! I've always wondered how to do that. I followed your instructions and it worked perfectly! I learn so much from all of you here!

wm

Wow, thanks lost and found for the great, informative post!!

Happy Memorial Day, everyone. Wish today was Brittanee's day to be found....but I'm really feeling confident that her day is coming very soon.
I feel VERY confident that LE have their suspects, that they have numerous pieces of evidence, but don't have a direct tie between the evidence and the suspects....or not ENOUGH of a direct tie. I LOVED this interview with LE because the officer calls the POI's suspects...but has to correct his wording...meaning that he DOES believe the POI's ARE involved in what happened to Brittanee...not just that they are talking about someone else. As was stated earlier--a few months ago--at least 2 of the POI's are talking...telling LE information. So, if two POI's are talking, and the POI's are the suspects, I feel very sure this case will open up fairly soon.
Anyway, two questions about one split-second in this video:http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=441801#more

At 1:45, you see two of the investigators looking over a POI's photo and information.

1. Can anyone tell what his race appears to be? (the person on the page).
2. Wouldn't the POI have to have a past record to have that photo and fact sheet/rap sheet? I don't have a lot of experience with investigations, but if the POI didn't have a prior record, would LE have his photo and his info all photocopied on a look-a-like rap sheet? Just curious.

Finally, lost&found....or whomever tried to look up the spot on the map.
I've got a location for one point, but I just want to verify it. The long dock on the North side of the river...the spot on the map in front of the LE agents comes up at Cross Hill Dr. for me. Is that what you're getting? Thanks!!

Lindsay...you sure have a good eye for detail. I never thought about trying to look at the paper they had in their hands in that video. I actually cannot tell anything about it really; i.e. race, etc. I would think that this POI would have to have a record or there would have not been a picture or rap sheet for him. I've thought ever since they mentioned giving lie detector tests to two of these guys that they could have been in jail for another charge not related to BD and were talking to LE in hopes of getting a deal on their current charges. In fact that may be why they agreed to the lie detector tests because I know I have seen in our local area just recently where inmates have testified against another inmate in exchange for some kind of leniency and a lot of times they are determined unreliable witnesses and ends up looking like all they are really doing is making something up and the really don't know what the are talking about.

But if LE has suspects that probably means Brittanee is no longer alive, sadly...

Just now I was looking into some of the cold case threads here on WS and found that there is a PI trying to "stir up" some interest in the Elaine Nix case. I will not go into that case here, but wanted to mention something he stated with regards to that case:

"This has been a very frustrating case…..I KNOW that it is a solvable case, the family and I do not have much access to case files, because an open case is protected from FOIA requests"

Guess I understand why this would be, but sure does not help knowing that PIs cannot even use this FOIA to help with their own private investitations (if this PI is in fact correct) and I have no reason to think he is not. That is discouraging in a way, especially since we know that there was at least one PI hired to work on BD's case. He would be at a real disadvantage if LE is not sharing any of their information with him.

JMO,,,

Hey Rose :)

I think that when they state that Johnson "could" not confirm when the POIs were questioned, they mean "would" not confirm. I'm betting LE keeps very good records of their interviews and that they know exactly when these people were questioned -- right down to the minute! That's my opinion only, of course.

Also, from reading between the lines, I believe that these interviews have been done since the first of the year. One article that I read somewhere indicated that they became aware of these POIs at this time, even though they started receiving the tips in early December 2009.

I do not believe that their saying this is referring to the crew from New York. IMO, LE has made it clear that the 3-4 people of interest are right there in SC. Their "not directly" quote could potentially be construed to mean that their was a link between B and the POIs, and that link could be someone in NY, but I don't think anyone from NY is an actual POI at this point. Also -- it seems to me that if someone from NY was the link, then they'd probably also a person of interest.

I think the NY crew can be ruled out as far as involvement beyond lack of respect.

it's possible that its not a matter of they can't remember but that they can't tell the reporter because it would alert the POI's as to who they think did it.

I have been operating under the assumption that the POIs know who they are. I suppose that it's possible that they don't, though! I assumed that since they have been questioned and given lie detector tests that they are probably aware that LE suspects they know something. I don't think it's been outright stated though. Thanks for pointing this fact out. I'll have to go back and read some articles and think a little harder about whether or not the POIs know who they are or not.

That would certainly explain the lack of info about them... LE trying to keep it quiet to see if they act. We had been trying to come up with other reasons such as minors or someone from an affluent family.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=441801

This video was of the 3 detextives and them talking about the POI in BD's case. If you stop the video at 1:47 it pauses on a map that LE is looking at regarding the POI(s).

It's not the easiest to see but it does appear to be the area located between the North and South Santee rivers where highway 17 crosses them. The map has a large circle (only partially seen on video) on it with 3 dots and lables attatched to them on the outter ring of the cirlcle. However, you can only see that dots and not read the lables due to blurriness.)

Of course i went to good 'ole Bing Maps and tried to locate as close as I could where the dots on the LE's map would be on mine. And whatta ya know...

One lable looks like it would have been exactly where BD's sunglasses were reportedly found (on the western side of the Santee Delta). Another lable looks to be in the first alcove on the south side of the North Santee river (RIGHT by Belladonna Ct, Mazyck Dr, and Corner Loop. Which we know LE was searching in early January and a couple of us on here were already discussing some docks in this area resembling a 25 ft. pier/dock.) Also if you zoom in as far as you can there you'll see a long dock jutting out into the river that IMO, I believe to be the one LE was referring to in the news. Lastly, the third lable was in an area i haven't heard about yet but is located on the north side of the South Santee river and is just north of Hampton Planatation State Park. And like before, if you zoom in all the way you will see a small home with a dock jutting into the water as well. The only reason I believe this isn't the dock that was being searched in January is because in the search photos it appears to be wooded by the water and this area isn't, though the dock at the second lable is.

SO, IMO I believe these are the important areas of the investigation that LE marked on their map and the large circle is most likely where they are zoning in at and looking for BD. You can't see the whole circle but I'm thinking a few of the known searches we've heard about would have been in that area. Also on the map you can see that the circle is divided into portions and one portion has the word 'ALPHA' typed in it. Could that be the area they believe BD is most likely at?? I'm wondering if that third lable is a home of a POI or a possibly a tip came in about that dock/house.

I hope that wasn't too confusing and that you all see what I'm talking about! I really do feel this just confirms some of the areas we believed to be where she is/was taken/evidence was found/a POI lives.

Come home soon Britt!!

I took a screen shot of the portion of the video you are referring to.

picture.php

Then I went to Bing and took a screen shot of the same area so we can see the terrain better.

picture.php

Then i zoomed in on each of the three spots that have been specified in the video.

Starting from the left:

picture.php

Middle:

picture.php

Right:

picture.php

Also, in the video they showed this image. I can't quite tell what it is. If you look closely you can see red and green marks. Opinions?

picture.php

Wow, thanks lost and found for the great, informative post!!

Happy Memorial Day, everyone. Wish today was Brittanee's day to be found....but I'm really feeling confident that her day is coming very soon.
I feel VERY confident that LE have their suspects, that they have numerous pieces of evidence, but don't have a direct tie between the evidence and the suspects....or not ENOUGH of a direct tie. I LOVED this interview with LE because the officer calls the POI's suspects...but has to correct his wording...meaning that he DOES believe the POI's ARE involved in what happened to Brittanee...not just that they are talking about someone else. As was stated earlier--a few months ago--at least 2 of the POI's are talking...telling LE information. So, if two POI's are talking, and the POI's are the suspects, I feel very sure this case will open up fairly soon.
Anyway, two questions about one split-second in this video:http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=441801#more

At 1:45, you see two of the investigators looking over a POI's photo and information.

1. Can anyone tell what his race appears to be? (the person on the page).
2. Wouldn't the POI have to have a past record to have that photo and fact sheet/rap sheet? I don't have a lot of experience with investigations, but if the POI didn't have a prior record, would LE have his photo and his info all photocopied on a look-a-like rap sheet? Just curious.

Finally, lost&found....or whomever tried to look up the spot on the map.
I've got a location for one point, but I just want to verify it. The long dock on the North side of the river...the spot on the map in front of the LE agents comes up at Cross Hill Dr. for me. Is that what you're getting? Thanks!!

I wish they showed the photo better. No such luck. I cannot tell race, either. Can anyone else?

picture.php

I took a screen shot of the portion of the video you are referring to.

picture.php

Then i zoomed in on each of the three spots that have been specified in the video.

Starting from the left:

picture.php

Hi LLLindsayy,

Great Job!! I was wondering if you can do me a favor. In Bing.com, you can get a MUCH closer 'birds eye' view of this location. I've been staring at it for hours...grrr.
It is a house with a long dock...but what's interesting is that I can't find ANY way to get to the house outside of a boat....it's surrounded on all sides by water...without any clear roadways. I wish I could ask Mlatta to go visit, but this is WAY out in the middle of nowhere in a VERY isolated location....and seems to have no way to get to it outside of a boat.
So, I was wondering if you can use your computer powers :) to post a closer photo of the house and boat ramp at this location.
I was also wondering if you could find an exact location from that point, and post those map coordinates or a link where everyone can look at that area and house.
That house and area scare the heck out of me....it looks SO incredibly isolated....with SO many trees. I've searched for hours, but it seems to be right on the Charleston/Georgetown line and, without a street connecting to the property, I can't do a tax map search to see who owns the property. I wanted to see if anyone else can find a connecting roadway where one might get to this property using a car. I can't see why this particular house/area would be in the search area (as the video shows), but maybe LE found something there, or near the dock. This is the first time we've seen anything near this area and, interestingly, to get to this house, you have to pass both the N Santee area, AND the area across the water where the sunglasses were located. This is the house on a google map...but it's MUCH easier to see on Bing. I just can't do a link or photo from Bing. Thanks for whatever you can do to help, LLLindsayy!!
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&i...5156,-79.437375&spn=0.003474,0.00927&t=h&z=17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member