Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just went to this website and reviewed and reviewed this video of Brittanee the night prior to her disappearance. Don't know if this is of any significance but thought possibly something lying on the floor behind the chair she was seated on has some of the same colors as the blouse she was last seen wearing. And on the bed there appears to be something black. Could that have been the shorts she was last seen wearing and the blouse she had on? Why was she tip-toeing looking over the balcony. Did she feel this person was not going to let her leave that hotel room? I know we have discussed this video a lot here on WS, but I just wanted to see if anyone else thinks that could be her other top and black shorts in the hotel room where she was the night prior. Again, not sure it makes any difference though.

http://videos.thesunnews.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=12925879&genre_id=877

Sorry Strawberry it's too hard to tell. I'm sure with special equipment, it does appear to have the same colors. If it is could mean she stayed the night at this room? Or she brought clothes to change to go clubbing in?

Just went to this website and reviewed and reviewed this video of Brittanee the night prior to her disappearance. Don't know if this is of any significance but thought possibly something lying on the floor behind the chair she was seated on has some of the same colors as the blouse she was last seen wearing. And on the bed there appears to be something black. Could that have been the shorts she was last seen wearing and the blouse she had on? Why was she tip-toeing looking over the balcony. Did she feel this person was not going to let her leave that hotel room? I know we have discussed this video a lot here on WS, but I just wanted to see if anyone else thinks that could be her other top and black shorts in the hotel room where she was the night prior. Again, not sure it makes any difference though.

Sorry Strawberry it's too hard to tell. I'm sure with special equipment, it does appear to have the same colors. If it is could mean she stayed the night at this room? Or she brought clothes to change to go clubbing in?

What I don't understand is why the video starts at a later time, then goes back to an earlier time, and then back to the later time. Who spliced this together? The friend, or the media? I wouldn't know how to do this...Unless it was done on a computer bit by bit...

That is odd nosysw. I became fixated on whatever is laying on the table beside Britt. My first thought was that it is a firearm. Wish I had the skills to try and clean up the video. Any thoughts on what this item could be?

What I don't understand is why the video starts at a later time, then goes back to an earlier time, and then back to the later time. Who spliced this together? The friend, or the media? I wouldn't know how to do this...Unless it was done on a computer bit by bit...

I thought the seem, my take is there was more than 3 litt clips we the public got to see,,

Ok this was said to been some guy took photos of bd with his cell phone,ok if you ever took pic with your cell phone,you know they be stamped with the time ,so im guessing (LE or Media,put it together and used only clips they wanted public to see, but they didnt put them in right order of time they took,,,im sure maybe was more but LE only wanted public to see those 3???

(LE or Media,put it together and used only clips they wanted public to see, but they didnt put them in right order of time they took,,,im sure maybe was more but LE only wanted public to see those 3???

ITA - no doubt in my mind, they (LE+media) cut and pasted that "media friendly" video together... I still don't think there was any real reason they released this video.. except maybe to illustrate Brittanee's trusting nature... MOO

I truly find it odd that we the public havnt heard any new,**news*** this going to be a long summer (if LE in MB is still doing this case) if you check Sun news its nothing new, always odd stuff,,,,and again if i was the mom of this case (if it was my daughter) ill probley be in jail due to not getting any new info,thats if (unless the family did get news) but we not hearing about it!!!,,I know LE,Gtown LE,had meeting with her parents on that Friday,,since then its went cold, it dont add up,i only see/hear the aunt still voicing about her missing, nothing from her parents????? maybe each that loses someone deals in a diff way,but ill be shouting from top of every road/building in MB till someone gave me some info!!!!! we the PPL have to stop this, by not letting it go, and depending on Law, sometimes we have do our on thing to get answers!!!!! its been almost 2 mths now no new news!! where are the POI ???????? Did they lie to us? or was it a fake!!!!! Come on LE get your feet on the road lets fine BD!!!

RoseC, We know that MB powers are concerned about the town's reputation by their response to the recent story regarding the attempted child abduction. I do wonder if the Drexel family was fed a BS line in the last meeting to keep quiet and that POI's have been identified in order to downplay concerns during their precious tourist season. I really want to believe LE but am jaded after reading the response to the Pittsburg story re: the attempted abduction. Also, I live in a resort town myself so I know how things can be downplayed or misconstrued to the public. I hoped that LE would have someone in custody by now.

All MOO along with a pinch of frustration.

wm

I truly find it odd that we the public havnt heard any new,**news*** this going to be a long summer (if LE in MB is still doing this case) if you check Sun news its nothing new, always odd stuff,,,,and again if i was the mom of this case (if it was my daughter) ill probley be in jail due to not getting any new info,thats if (unless the family did get news) but we not hearing about it!!!,,I know LE,Gtown LE,had meeting with her parents on that Friday,,since then its went cold, it dont add up,i only see/hear the aunt still voicing about her missing, nothing from her parents????? maybe each that loses someone deals in a diff way,but ill be shouting from top of every road/building in MB till someone gave me some info!!!!! we the PPL have to stop this, by not letting it go, and depending on Law, sometimes we have do our on thing to get answers!!!!! its been almost 2 mths now no new news!! where are the POI ???????? Did they lie to us? or was it a fake!!!!! Come on LE get your feet on the road lets fine BD!!!

You are right. If they want to keep tourism intact, they need to get with the program and let people know they are working very hard on this. Let's hope they are not sitting on their thumbs waiting for someone to talk still. I'd ask them how that is working for them... I absolutely love MB and have since the first time I stayed there at age 14. Sorry if I sound frustrated. Like someone else expressed a few posts back...if we are this upset/frustrated, what must Brittanee's mother, grandmother, and family be going through. I do agree that the family seemed to back off a little after that meeting with LE. We can only hope and pray they are aware of much more than we know.

Yes I was appalled at how LE had made a statement regarding the Pittsburgh family, about "if the attempted abduction really took place" or something like that. How could a little child keep his story straight and the little sister telling on TV what occurred too.

That is odd nosysw. I became fixated on whatever is laying on the table beside Britt. My first thought was that it is a firearm. Wish I had the skills to try and clean up the video. Any thoughts on what this item could be?

WM, I had not even noticed that table in front of her, even after reviewing soooo many times. It seems to be shaped like a fish but a "black fish"...maybe design on table?

Wonder how many times LE or private detectives, or FBI have reviewed the tape. Did they stop once they agreed that this person had a good alibi and was not involved in BD's disappearance. I never even looked at the time stamps until last evening. Maybe if they had some really good experts review this they could get some kind of hidden hint or clue....even if this person is clean.

Thinking about you today and every day.

This is one of my favorite pictures of Brittanee. Her eyes look so pretty.
m_a9e7443a1d7f49f3937430e18bdbbbf8.jpg

I still don't know what to make of the release of the video. My strongest opinion is that they released the video solely to garner attention for the case. Maybe seeing B is action will spark someone's memory? I do not know. I don't think there are any hidden agendas or ultimatums. There is probably nothing to make of the video. If we can make of it that she was trusting, well, it's not something we didn't already know.

Why was the video spliced together? Maybe there was personal info pertaining either to B or the cameraman in the edited out portions. Also, it's either:

a. very important
or
b. not important at all

I can see them editing out footage for either of these scenarios. As for why the time stamps are not in chronological order, I don't really have an opinion on that. Maybe when they were cutting up the footage and putting it back together they simply didn't pay attention to what was supposed to go first. Does it really matter?

I think I stated a while back that I'm betting the Drexel family was given more info and that's why they haven't piped up much about their lack of it. Obviously it's not all of the info they wish they had, but I'm betting it was enough to reassure them that LE does indeed have credible leads and that they are working hard.

I think its a shame that Myrtle Beach downplays area crimes. I understand that they THINK they need to do this for tourist purposes,, but isn't this a double-edges sword? People are also learning that MBPD puts money before the safety of their tourists. This doesn't make me want to go there -- I could be abducted and never found! Not very appealing.

To me it looks like beer cans in the corner behind the chair.
that video is really creepy. who videos tapes someone sitting in a chair texting? She's not even talking to them.

Just posting some screen caps from the video for those interested in discussing what may be in the visible area. These are really the only shots that show any objects in the room. The scene of Brittanee leaning over the railing does not have any objects, but I'll post anyway for those interested.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

What we CAN gather from this is that she was leaning over the railing, and then sitting on the bed, and then an hour later she was sitting in the chair texting. I wonder where that hour went :waitasec:

ETA: Please note: I posted these photos in chronological order according to time-of-day as opposed to the order they show up in the video. You can see their order in the video based on the seconds slider at the bottom of each picture.

Think it has already been mentioned that the reason she is there in this hotel room could be because she felt like a "fifth wheel" since the other girls had boyfriends with them? At least I think they had boyfriends with them. May have met this guy anywhere...and she could have told him she just needed to be out of her hotel for a couple hours and he may be really nice and trustworthy and said she could sit in his room???? There are still young gentleman around, hopefully more good than not so good and he may have even felt a little protective of this 17-year-old at the beach, walking around alone. Obviously she must've met up with someone later who was just the opposite unfortunately.

Still praying for Brittanee and all those that love her.

I hope that each time I post a picture of Brittanee's beautiful face all of you are even more inspired and determined to bring this girl home.

m_dd76caa196a7c95b6dae6f99e7446712.jpg

Today is the 27th, which means it has now been more than 13 months since she went missing. Something is wrong with this world with respect to people just disappearing off the face of the planet. I hope month 14 doesn't roll around and that important information is uncovered very soon.

:heart:​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member