Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now lets hope MB will keep him behind bars not let him out again!!!!!! Got feeling his group be ones in BD case!!!!

now this guy photo looks like the one RM gave description of not the one MB le posted !!!

Very very interesting news to say the least...!

Im hoping and praying this be the answers to Drexels not good answers but at least maybe they know more now,,keep them all in our prayers!!

Local Arrest made in Myrtle Beach abduction case
Published Wednesday, July 28, 2010 12:06 PM
Email Story
Printable Version
Discuss

SCNow.com

Officers made an arrest in the attempted kidnapping case on Ocean Blvd. from last week.

Capt. David Knipes said a press release will be issued soon.

On Wednesday, a 20-year-old woman from Tennessee told police that three men tried to kidnap her as she left her hotel, the Mystic Sea Hotel, which is located near Blue Water Resort.

The woman told police investigators she noticed a van pull up behind

her around 22nd Avenue South, and two men jumped out and tried to

kidnap her. She was able to elbow one of the men in the face and escape

with no injuries.

Police released a sketch of one of the suspects on Wednesday.

The victim said she was unable to get a license plate number, but

did describe the vehicle as an older model, box-style, pale blue with a

lot of rust spots on it.

Detectives who handled the case of a New York state teenager, Brittanee Drexel, who vanished while visiting Myrtle Beach

last year, are now investigating to see if there is a connection

between that case and the attempted abduction of a Wednesday afternoon

on Ocean Boulevard.

A search for Drexel has taken place around Georgetown County, since that was the location her cell phone last sent out a signal. No arrests have been made in that case.

Drexel of Chili, New York was last seen in April 2009 leaving Blue Water Resort. Investigators were able to track a signal from her cell phone to Georgetown County, but were not able to find any sign of the teen.

"We do have the same group of investigators that worked the Drexel case looking into this one," Myrtle Beach Police Department spokesman Capt.

David Knipes said in a statement released to the media Friday

afternoon. "At this time we are not saying that the cases are related,

however we must exercise due diligence and properly review the cases

and see if there are any similarities. As of now the only facts that

are related are the (approximate location) and the fact that they are

both younger woman," Knipes said.

http://www.gtowntimes.com/local/Arrest-made-in-attempted-abduction-in-Myrtle-Beach

I'm almost afraid to get my hopes up. Thank you to all of you for keeping us updated. You are doing a wonderful job.

One of the above news articles ties Brittanee to Crystal Gail Soles and Shannon McConaughey. Is there a way to search WS without going back thru all the old forums to find threads on these 2? Also, wasn't there another young woman missing from Hannahan?

I'm almost afraid to get my hopes up. Thank you to all of you for keeping us updated. You are doing a wonderful job.

I know what you mean,,but its sure a good deal since this guy is from Gtown-Charleston county area, i think maybe this why sled was involed, but seems this guy must have wanted just one more chance,cause the sled was involed few weeks before this last happening at MB,so maybe it all come out soon at least i hope so for Drexel family,,,,,,,suppose be a press conf in little while,so i hope they give us more info if BD is involed with case ,,,

Lots more local media info on the arrest. DETAILS. BRB with links. OMG!
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=488808&sms_ss=facebook
"Stolen vehicle suspected in a Charleston County homicide."
Also possible connection to the Crystal Gail Soles case. OMG

You guys rock! :rocker:

One of the above news articles ties Brittanee to Crystal Gail Soles and Shannon McConaughey. Is there a way to search WS without going back thru all the old forums to find threads on these 2? Also, wasn't there another young woman missing from Hannahan?

Hi, im not sure how to,,but i do have this info on the SM girl____

CHARLESTON - A suspect in the 1998 slaying of a teen-ager here is refusing to waive extradition from Georgia to South Carolina.

Jacob Taylor, 46, of McClellanville, was arrested Saturday by Coast Guard officials on a barge he worked on, off the Georgia coast.

He is one of five men charged with murder in the shooting death of 19-year-old Shannon McConaughey, whose body was found in March 1998 in Francis Marion National Forest.

Mr. Taylor appeared in a Georgia court Monday and refused to waive extradition. But prosecutor Ralph Hoisington said he did not expect having any problems getting Mr. Taylor back.

The four other men charged with killing the woman were arrested Feb. 8 in McClellanville. They are James Isaac Weston Jr., 24; Harry James Rivers, 29; Elijah J. Johnson, 26; and Randall Keith Taylor, 32.

(((check out there names!!!!!)))

OMG! I hope this brings Brittanee's family answers.

I spoke with Dawn about an hour ago. She is watching closely and holding her breath.... tough time for her regardless.

Could this be what happened to BD? That last statement made a shiver go up my spine.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=488808

Myrtle Beach Police arrested a McClellanville man wanted in connection to a kidnapping attempt a week ago in Myrtle Beach -- a case that has eery similarities to that of missing spring breaker Brittanee Drexel.

Shaun Taylor, 37, turned himself in Wednesday morning to face charges of attempted kidnapping and first degree assault. An arrest warrant was obtained Monday, but despite two days of searching, detectives were unable to locate Taylor.

Taylor has now been booked at the Myrtle Beach jail. NewsChannel 15 was there as Taylor turned himself in and has the exclusive video. You can see that video on NewsChannel 15 at Six.

On July 21, a Tennessee woman reported to police that three men in a van approached her on Ocean Boulevard and tried to kidnap her. According to the police report, Randa Massey, 20, was walking on Ocean Boulevard near the BlueWater Resort around 4:30 p.m. when she heard what sounded like a van "creep up behind her."

Massey told police two men jumped from the van and tried to pull her into the van, but when she elbowed one of them in the face, she broke free.

She told police a third man waited in the van as a get-away driver.

......(more at link).......
Sources on the Drexel case have also raised eyebrows at the mention of a fourth woman, Crystal Gail Soles, who vanished just miles from the McClellanville area in 2005. Soles was last seen leaving Shaw's Corner store near Andrews, and officials think she was abducted. "There are just too many young, white girls going missing (with a connection to that area)," one source close to the case said.

1998 - Shannon McConaughey, 19 – last seen North Charleston – found in woods near McClellanville

2005 - Crystal Gail Soles, 28 – last seen near McClellanville – never found

2009 – Brittanee Drexel, 17 – last seen Blue Water Resort, Myrtle Beach – evidence points to area between Georgetown & McClellanville

2010 – attempted abduction of Randa Massey, 20 near Blue Water Resort - Shaun Taylor of McClellanville arrested. Shaun Taylor is the brother of Randall Keith Taylor, one of five men arrested and charged (not convicted) in connection to the death of Shannon McConaughey

I think it is no coincidence that you have to pass through North Santee and Georgetown to reach McClellanville where this man was arrested. Wasn't there rumor of a search in that same small town in a barn?

*sigh* Poor Brittanee. I hope this isn't what happened to you. It doesn't look good, even though LE says there is *no connection at this time.* Although, that was at that time, wasn't it? How about at this time? We need an update!

I find this incredibly intriguing.

Drexel mom 'familiar' with attempted abduction suspect's name
Posted: Jul 28, 2010 12:35 PM EDT Updated: Jul 28, 2010 3:55 PM EDT

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - A 37-year-old man has been arrested in connection to the attempted abduction of a 20-year-old woman along South Ocean Boulevard on July 21.

Capt. David Knipes, spokesman for the Myrtle Beach Police Department, said Shaun Taylor, 37, of McClellanville, SC, turned himself into police Wednesday morning.

Read more...

http://www.wistv.com/global/story.asp?s=12884054

From the link I just posted:

She said in a phone interview she was familiar with the suspect's last name at the time of her daughter's initial disappearance.

What?? I'm baffled by -- at the time of the initial disappearance. Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove