Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Krista I would just give anything if I could be down there helping you. I'm hoping there are at least a couple people who can make the trip or are already nearby that can help. I am wondering who we can contact about getting that information on some new fliers and how much it would cost to do so. Don't forget safety and just the mere mention of canoes in the river bring alligators to my mind, so please do be careful. I agree it feels awful that we are getting stagnant and not out doing something. I think that looking for some vans is a good idea; i.e., the ones you have noticed in that area previously. Putting those fliers up right before the schools start up again is also an excellent idea. You are right that someone besides the POsI know something. Money does talk so maybe the fliers with reward offered will get some conversations flowing, especially in the school areas (IMO). Maybe someone down MB way would donate the printing at least of the new fliers.

Strawberry, if you recall last week i ask this seem thing on the reward money, i do no for a fact there was $ 11,000.00 in the beginning for BD fine etc, so if you recall (or go read back i told group WS ill email and ask the aunt,well i heard back from her but didnt like her answer she says the reward wouldnt do any good if it was million of dollars,,,but i was told the reward is up to $ 16.000,00 now but i cant figure out why they not posting it and announcing it in news,, this is getting to be very odd on some of stuff in BD case,,im hoping that Cpt Kin will get things done,,BD only hope it seems,,,

Thanks! The ones I saw posted were the one from Laura Recovery. They don't list any reward info. I know someone mentioned a $10,000 reward from a private donor. Could someone tell me more about that....what the details are....I may not be remembering it correctly. Here is the flyer I saw posted everywhere. There may be others that have different info...but I didn't see them when I was there: http://www.lrcf.net/photos/BrittaneeDrexel.pdf

I the beginning there was 11,000.00 after first few months it wasnt mention anymore, and you are right on the fliers/posters here in SC do not tell about the Rward money,,,

When I stated a few posts back that "maybe someone down MB way would donate at least for the printing of new fliers" I meant a company down there somewhere. Not any of WSers who live down there. Seems like MLatta said someone donated the printing for when he did his fliers but I may have dreamed this up somehow. Feels like we are moving toward getting some work done. Again I sure do wish I could be down there helping out somehow.

Well, as a full time mommy, I have a TON of printer cartridges and those clear plastic inserts that keep everything dry. It may not be 'official' and it may not be a quick print....but I'll make do if we can't find any other way. I'm not local to the Georgetown area, so I'm not sure how much support I would have for Brittanee's flyer printing here in Columbia....but if anyone has any suggestions, by all means let me know! I just want to make sure I don't tick any person or organization off by changing/adding info on their flyers....so I'll email Mlatta tomorrow if he hasn't contacted me first. Thanks everyone for your suggestions and support!
Again, I am SO "not allowed" to go if I don't have someone going with me. My husband makes very few demands....but this is a 'deal breaker'. lol. So, hopefully some of you will be able to meet out there and do something on one or both of these days.

Thanks! The ones I saw posted were the one from Laura Recovery. They don't list any reward info. I know someone mentioned a $10,000 reward from a private donor. Could someone tell me more about that....what the details are....I may not be remembering it correctly. Here is the flyer I saw posted everywhere. There may be others that have different info...but I didn't see them when I was there: http://www.lrcf.net/photos/BrittaneeDrexel.pdf

krista, this is the same one that mlatta sent me. He also sent a 2nd one that appears to be the CUE flyer, no reward info on that flyer either. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

wm

Hi everybody...

WM - you are not dreaming - yes, I was able to get some local print shops here to donate their services toward the effort...

Krista - Heck yes I will go out to the Santee area with ya! Sunday Aug 8 - definately! Monday, I'll see if I can take a day off...

Reward money - None of the flyers I have seen make any mention of the reward. I'm not even sure who is responsible for the administration of the reward money. I'm also not sure what information is needed to obtain the reward money. Location of Brittanee and/or remains? Information leading to the arrest of the POIs? This information is needed in order to properly advertise the money.

My opinion - we need to create a new flyer. The organizations that have made the existing flyers would be none to happy if we edited them. That's ok, because missing persons flyers are not difficult to design and make. Of course before doing that, we need the information I mentioned above. Once we have that info, we can move forward with the new flyer design, and then the distribution.

Looking forward to your replies :)

Hi everybody...

WM - you are not dreaming - yes, I was able to get some local print shops here to donate their services toward the effort...

Krista - Heck yes I will go out to the Santee area with ya! Sunday Aug 8 - definately! Monday, I'll see if I can take a day off...

Reward money - None of the flyers I have seen make any mention of the reward. I'm not even sure who is responsible for the administration of the reward money. I'm also not sure what information is needed to obtain the reward money. Location of Brittanee and/or remains? Information leading to the arrest of the POIs? This information is needed in order to properly advertise the money.

My opinion - we need to create a new flyer. The organizations that have made the existing flyers would be none to happy if we edited them. That's ok, because missing persons flyers are not difficult to design and make. Of course before doing that, we need the information I mentioned above. Once we have that info, we can move forward with the new flyer design, and then the distribution.

Thanks mlatta! These are good questions as usually there are certain criteria that must be met for the reward money to be distributed.

OK, who would we call to get this info that mlatta needs? MB police? Monica Caison at CUE?

wm

Hi everybody...

Hello, ive sent email to Monica (CUE) asking her about the Reward $ soon i hear back i will post it!!!! I talk to Monica yesterday,she was one told me yes there was $ 11,000.00 for reward of BD, so im not sure if its reward for info that lead to BD or body? will let you all know,,,

Hi everybody...

Good Morning Everyone!
Mlatta,
Yay!! I'm so glad you can come with me! I don't HAVE to go both days...I'm only a 2 hour drive away....but I just want to do a REALLY THOROUGH job of posting flyers....so I don't want to be limited by time. If you think we can get it all done on Sunday, I'll be there bright and early!! I really want to go down seven mile rd, but with all the rain I'm just not too sure about my vehicle. It's huge, but it's only a 2wd....and NO ONE wants to get stuck on that road!! Scary!

Anyway, I had a feeling that we'd need to create our own flyer. I have a graphic and web designer friend who will happily design the flyers for us...unless you already have a template.....and I'd also be more than willing to call around and ask for free printing. Perhaps you differ on this opinion, but I believe that $11,000 Reward should be prominent and bolded. At this point, money and guilt are the only things that could get someone talking....and our POI's just don't seem to be as forthcoming as I'd hoped.

Rose,
Thanks for emailing Monica! I guess we'll wait for her unless another Wsleuther comes along with more specifics on the reward.

Everyone: Please give me your ideas!! This is JUST MY OPINION that we should have reward info included on the flyers. This isn't my board or my search or my child.....so I don't want to in ANY WAY presume what everyone else is thinking or wanting. If someone else thinks something different about the flyers, if someone has a great idea for where flyers should be posted....please let me know....in here or via PM.
Thanks!

OK i been talking ,lol we have talk to this guy about BD Reward money and my mistake its $12,000.00 not 11, heres info i was given,,ok im not good at big words or explaining stuff (due to disability) so we need someone whos good at talking with big dogs?????? heres info

For more information on the $11,000 reward, contact Charles Muller at 518-857-0726.

$12,000 in reward money for Brittanee Drexel case
by Graeme Moore

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=297773

OK i been talking ,lol we have talk to this guy about BD Reward money and my mistake its $12,000.00 not 11, heres info i was given,,ok im not good at big words or explaining stuff (due to disability) so we need someone whos good at talking with big dogs?????? heres info

For more information on the $11,000 reward, contact Charles Muller at 518-857-0726.

$12,000 in reward money for Brittanee Drexel case
by Graeme Moore

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=297773

I was thinking in the early stages of this investigation some minister in ROC offered the 11,000.00. This may be "Charles Muller". I do think there definitely needs to be something specific about if the reward goes to someone who leads to Brittanee or to the arrest of the persons responsible for her disappearance or demise. I think on the Morgan Harrington case there was some confusion about that and I think it ended up being whoever leads authorities to the "perp or perps". This also brings to mind a "sticky situation" that could occur if say one of these POIs talks and tells where BD is located, just trying to collect the money. By this time, of course, the lawyers could fight it all out in court. This is all just me "thinking out loud".

Way to go RoseC. Thanks for all you are doing down there.

I found this website that is about a man who donated two million dollars in reward money to the "Squeaky Wheel Tour" for a total of 20 missing individuals. I found it interesting how they worded the information regarding the actual rewards:

http://www.411gina.org/pdf/swtpr103106reward.pdf
HOW THE REWARDS WORK:
Beginning Sunday, November 5, 2006 through Friday, November 24, 2006, any person offering information leading to the recovery of the missing person and/or information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for the missing person’s disappearance will receive a $100,000.00 reward.
• All tips must be given in the time frame of Sunday, November 5, 2006 through Friday, November 24, 2006
• All tips MUST be directed to the law enforcement agency responsible for the missing person.
• The law enforcement agencies are not responsible for the reward monies.

Bolded by me.

This gives a photo and better story on case and guy from near Santee

Myrtle Beach Police arrested a McClellanville man wanted in connection to a kidnapping attempt a week ago in Myrtle Beach -- a case that has eery similarities to that of missing spring breaker Brittanee Drexel.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=488808

Lots more local media info on the arrest. DETAILS. BRB with links. OMG!
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=488808&sms_ss=facebook
"Stolen vehicle suspected in a Charleston County homicide."
Also possible connection to the Crystal Gail Soles case. OMG

WOW! runr, It sure sounds like there are alot of possibilities here. I sure hope this leads to answers for some of these victims families and especially BD!

Thanks for all the updates everyone!

wm

This gives a photo and better story on case and guy from near Santee

Myrtle Beach Police arrested a McClellanville man wanted in connection to a kidnapping attempt a week ago in Myrtle Beach -- a case that has eery similarities to that of missing spring breaker Brittanee Drexel.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=488808

Omg! He's been arrested before in connection with a missing young woman! I know he was released for lack of evidence but often where there's smoke there's fire...Wow...this really could be something. And prayers to the other young woman, RM, for doubting her story...and in general...

ETA: my mistake, his brother was arrested and released in the previous case...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove