Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seanymph,

I've already seen the start of it on the message boards, on some FB sites.....people questioning on all sides.....'why MBLE has to assume its a black guy'....and 'why do black guys always commit violent crimes'. Sure, it will be an issue....but I think with the pasts these guys have, perhaps not as huge an issue as I thought initially. Obviously, in Georgetown it will be a MUCH bigger issue.
I'm not a murderer, but I assume that like any crime....once you do it...the second time is slightly easier. Finding that truck at the home means SOMEONE at that address was likely involved in a murder. Finding out that the Taylor clan is related means that his brother was likely involved in a different murder. I don't like or want it to be true, but I don't think Brittanee is with us any longer. I pray all the time that I am utterly wrong.

^BBM
You are absolutely right. MB finally has there media storm coming that they have been putting off until they could solve Brittanee's case, but then came Ms. Massey. As we saw back in 1994 race crimes can really divide a state or even a country. Not too mention it's not gonna sit well with MB tourism when middle to upperclass white people are the majority who have a few thousand to blow on a vacation.

snipped for space.

I didn't think about race at all in this case. I only thought there is a drug ring/trafficking ring that is out there snatching pretty young women off the streets. Let's face it, every single race out there commits violent crimes.

I would avoid vacationing in Myrtle Beach even if this guy had been some white trash hick. What scares me in MB is the way LE handles crime.

Seanymph,

I've already seen the start of it on the message boards, on some FB sites.....people questioning on all sides.....'why MBLE has to assume its a black guy'....and 'why do black guys always commit violent crimes'. Sure, it will be an issue....but I think with the pasts these guys have, perhaps not as huge an issue as I thought initially. Obviously, in Georgetown it will be a MUCH bigger issue.
I'm not a murderer, but I assume that like any crime....once you do it...the second time is slightly easier. Finding that truck at the home means SOMEONE at that address was likely involved in a murder. Finding out that the Taylor clan is related means that his brother was likely involved in a different murder. I don't like or want it to be true, but I don't think Brittanee is with us any longer. I pray all the time that I am utterly wrong.

NOT ONCE have I heard anyone in BD's case say, "let's look for a black guy...a black guy must be the perp!"

The victim in the attempted abduction said she was grabbed by 2 black men. She could have said she was grabbed by pink spotted dinosaurs and I would have looked for a pink spotted dinosaur. The fact that this guy is black doesn't mean he's gulity, it just means he fits the description of the victim...and that abduction is eerily similar to BD going missing.

SeaNymph-

You mention the Taylor Clan...and ST's brother. Can you please elaborate on this Taylor Clan? I am just curious about the details of what these people have been/or have been suspected to be involved in.

I want ya'll to know I don't either. I don't care what the race of the perpetrators are, I just want justice for Brittanee. I'll reiterate, I am shocked actually and had never imagined, especially after hearing 3/4 POI, that even one would be black.

But for those not from this area, just get ready. It's going to come up. Good and bad on both sides.

And you are very right about MB and the way it handles crimes. It is a shame. A few weeks ago when there was a report of a young, like 4-5 yo, girl's attempted abduction. LE had the audacity to practically call her and her older brother liars - no doubt to save face/tourist dollars.

Sure, I spend money there - won't be hypocritical about it here and say I don't and I never will. I do and will - have been for all my life. But it is not the 100% sparkly happy family place the city wants the nation to believe. It's a big city with a lot of people coming and going, a lot of homeless, a lot of drugs, a lot of scammers - basically a tourist town. The city would of course have the nation believe otherwise, especially all those good people from up north who we could catch on the way to Florida and shorten their drive and lengthen their vacation by a day. Being local and having actually lived there myself, I know this, and know the areas and know never to have a false sense of security on ANY corner of the city.

SeaNymph-

You mention the Taylor Clan...and ST's brother. Can you please elaborate on this Taylor Clan? I am just curious about the details of what these people have been/or have been suspected to be involved in.

I think that was krista, Doll....but we know his brother was arrested and charged with the kidnap and murder of a St Stephen woman whose car was found in Awendaw and her body in the Francis Marion National Forest (basically their back yard). The charges were dropped for not enough evidence as I understand it - but hopefully krista will give you more info.

NOT ONCE have I heard anyone in BD's case say, "let's look for a black guy...a black guy must be the perp!"

The victim in the attempted abduction said she was grabbed by 2 black men. She could have said she was grabbed by pink spotted dinosaurs and I would have looked for a pink spotted dinosaur. The fact that this guy is black doesn't mean he's gulity, it just means he fits the description of the victim...and that abduction is eerily similar to BD going missing.

LOL ,i agree with you on that one (pink dino),, yalll listen, MB didnt pick this guy,,RM did ,so lets please dont go down that road of white/black issue,,,im sure as i speak LE is getting hit with that already,,,,,,
Geeze i feel like eating crow,due i thought from day one that Roc gang was involed,,,ive never felt it was black/white etc,,,,,i admitt when i heard N-Santee of her cell phone,,yes i admitt i said mosty blacks in that area,,but its true look it up,on court reg,,but i never really thought she was in that area, i still dont feel she/body is,unless its in perps back yard,,if she just been ditch out in woods,,(hunting season been in and out) im sure they found body etc,so i still say shes either alive shiped out state or in another area etc,,,, IMO tho only!!!!

http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=12883245

This guy was robbed at gunpoint and shot in the head YESTERDAY...again, all kinds of is going on in MB! What can the police do to get this city under control? Don't tell me that someone goes from innocent citizen with no prior crimes...and then one day snaps and shoots someone in the head!

I would say face the facts, be honest, and get tough on crime! With the rap sheet ST has...I can't believe he wasn't at least checking in with a parole officer! My God...I accidentally walked out of a store with a braclet I had tried on, still on my wrist..I called the store ASAP and paid for it--I was scared of going to prision! Apparently crime is no big deal in this country anymore, because big time whackjobs roam the street at leisure! Sheesh!

Nothing yet on his bond,will keep checking!!!!!!
But read his transcript that he had to say,listed below!!
(((this Taylor and interveiwer)))))

On Monday, detectives from Myrtle Beach and other assisting law enforcement agencies executed a search warrant at Taylor's home on Old Collins Creek Road in Charleston County, near the Georgetown County line.

Police seized several items, including what was presumed to be a stolen truck which has been linked to a homicide in Charleston County, NewsChannel 15 has confirmed.

As Taylor turned himself in Wednesday morning, Taylor said he said he didn't have much to say.

The following is part of the exchange between this reporter and Taylor as he made his way into the jail. The questions are italicized.

Do you have any comment on the charges you face?

"Nah, not really. I mean it's not me."

Why do you say it's not you?

"because it's not me."

Why do you think they say it's you?

"I'm not sure, but talk to you later. I got to go."

Do you have any idea who might have done this?

"I'm not even from around this area."
(((((end now read on))))))

This past April, detectives confirmed they had developed several persons of interest in Drexel's case. All of the persons of interest are from the McClellanville area, though no arrests have been made.

While Shaun Taylor wasn't named an official person of interest in Drexel's case, detectives interviewed him and showed strong interest in him during the early stages of the investigation -- which may explain why detectives returned to him and McClellanville after last week's failed abduction.

Again, this reporter asked Taylor about any knowledge of the Drexel case. Here's the following exchange:

Do you know anything about the Brittanee Drexel case?

"Nothing about that."

Do you know that name?

"I see it on TV a lot."

Do you have any idea who might have been involved in that?

"No, I don't."

Were you involved with Brittanee Drexel's disappearance?

"No, I wasn't."

TAYLOR'S BACKGROUND

Taylor's recent charges are merely two of many he's faced since the early 1990s, and while he has not been convicted of anything in connection with the abductions, he does have a list of other convictions.

Since 1994, Taylor has been convicted of nearly 30 offenses in Georgetown and Charleston counties.

Taylor was convicted of driving under suspension and giving false information to police in Georgetown County in 1994.

Two years later, in 1996, he was convicted of disorderly conduct, also in Georgetown County. Then in 1998, Taylor was charged and convicted in Charleston County for failing to stop for blue lights and also for criminal domestic violence.

The following year he was found guilty of driving under the influence and, again, driving under suspension in Charleston County.

In 2001, he was convicted of failing to pay child support in Charleston County. In 2005, Taylor was found guilty for another driving under suspension charge.

In between 2001 and 2009, he was convicted of 17 different contempt of court charges.

OTHER CASES GET SECOND LOOK

In February 2001, Shaun Taylor's brother, Randall Keith Taylor, was one of five men arrested and charged in connection to the death of a missing 19-year-old from St. Stephen, SC.

According to The Post and Courier in Charleston, SC, Shannon McConaughey was last seen leaving the Cracker Barrel in North Charleston on Jan. 29, 1998.

Her car was found burned in some woods near Awendaw two weeks later, and her body was found in March of that year in some woods near McClellanville.

Eventually, the charges were dismissed against Taylor and the other men because of what defense attorneys described as a lack of evidence.

Sources on the Drexel case have also raised eyebrows at the mention of a fourth woman, Crystal Gail Soles, who vanished just miles from the McClellanville area in 2005. Soles was last seen leaving Shaw's Corner store near Andrews, and officials think she was abducted.

"There are just too many young, white girls going missing (with a connection to that area)," one source close to the case said.

Stay with NewsChannel 15 and CarolinaLive.com for more information as it becomes available.

VIRGINIA DOLL -- this is a great post from RoseC summing up some of the Taylor's histories.

LOL ,i agree with you on that one (pink dino),, yalll listen, MB didnt pick this guy,,RM did ,so lets please dont go down that road of white/black issue,,,im sure as i speak LE is getting hit with that already,,,,,,
Geeze i feel like eating crow,due i thought from day one that Roc gang was involed,,,ive never felt it was black/white etc,,,,,i admitt when i heard N-Santee of her cell phone,,yes i admitt i said mosty blacks in that area,,but its true look it up,on court reg,,but i never really thought she was in that area, i still dont feel she/body is,unless its in perps back yard,,if she just been ditch out in woods,,(hunting season been in and out) im sure they found body etc,so i still say shes either alive shiped out state or in another area etc,,,, IMO tho only!!!!

Rose - I don't WANT to but goodness, anyone who has lived through years of Harley Week Vs. Memorial Bike Week knows...

Basically MB wanted to keep a lid on them until they were solidly able to arrest them with no doubts for the public/critics, specifically so those issues couldnt NOT be raised. RM and IMO, apparently Mr. Taylor's alleged decision to make a trip to South Ocean Blvd last week forced their hand...thats why I said last night, it is out of their control now. Yeah, they're saying no connection but what are they going to say if they don't have what they need in BD case? I'm not defending the MBPD in any way but they are stuck between a rock and a hard place. The train has left the station and people are going to say things that MBPD can't defend yet.

This guy was robbed at gunpoint and shot in the head YESTERDAY...again, all kinds of is going on in MB! What can the police do to get this city under control? Don't tell me that someone goes from innocent citizen with no prior crimes...and then one day snaps and shoots someone in the head!

I would say face the facts, be honest, and get tough on crime! With the rap sheet ST has...I can't believe he wasn't at least checking in with a parole officer! My God...I accidentally walked out of a store with a braclet I had tried on, still on my wrist..I called the store ASAP and paid for it--I was scared of going to prision! Apparently crime is no big deal in this country anymore, because big time whackjobs roam the street at leisure! Sheesh!

a bit o/t but i have to say, this august will be the first summer in about 25 years- ONLY because I mistakenly didn't send back my timeshare registration card in time- that my husband, sister, me and my kids will not be going to MB...gotta say I'm so glad right about now...I think I would just be a nervous wreck... not so happy now that we own 4 weeks of timeshares there- have a feeling their value is plummeting right about now...

Rose...how close is McClennanville/Georgetown to where the swampy SC alligator rivers are? Do you think many unsolved murders are forever hidden by gator activity? I shudder to even think about it, but I am worried without Brittanee there will be no case, no evidence...and no closure for her family. Not to mention murderers on the loose.

I hope she is alive, but LE did say back in April that 3-4 perps, and that chances don't look good. It makes me wonder what they know that they havent told us...

I agree Virginia Doll. I'm thinking about what LE hasn't told us. I wonder if because IF they knew that the same people were involved in Britt's disappearance that were involved in SM's disappearance and death that they assumed Britt would have met the same fate? Maybe that's why back in April they said it didn't look good.

Maybe they were looking for bail money to get their buddy out of jail...

does anyone know the rules about questioning someone who is being held for a different crime?

Do we know, what cell phone activity (pings) ST had the day of the botched abduction on the Tenn. woman? I assume that LE would not issue an arrest warrant based solely on a victim picking him out of a lineup...there'd have to be more evidence right?

In addition to cell phone pings, does LE know who ST called that day(or where he was planning to go when he allegedly tried to grab this girl)? What is his aliby? Has LE questioned his friends/colleagues to find the other 2 men who were allegedly in the van?

Until police have this information...this case could go any which way.

Rose - I don't WANT to but goodness, anyone who has lived through years of Harley Week Vs. Memorial Bike Week knows...

Basically MB wanted to keep a lid on them until they were solidly able to arrest them with no doubts for the public/critics, specifically so those issues couldnt NOT be raised. RM and IMO, apparently Mr. Taylor's alleged decision to make a trip to South Ocean Blvd last week forced their hand...thats why I said last night, it is out of their control now. Yeah, they're saying no connection but what are they going to say if they don't have what they need in BD case? I'm not defending the MBPD in any way but they are stuck between a rock and a hard place. The train has left the station and people are going to say things that MBPD can't defend yet.

oh how i do know of the biker weeks,,yep i agree i feel bd case been put on hold till winter,but with new case rm they had no choice but talk,,i still feel nothing much will be done till winter,,you see they got ST hearing date set for Sept so time tell, i just want things to be did for BD family they need answers,,,,,,,,

by the way ST gave statement to judge this morn that he wasnt in MB and that he couldnt tried to grab rm due to he had screws in his shoulder and he has his own private lawyer,,,
(proof of screws in his shoulder))

Taylor told the judge he wasn't in Myrtle Beach last Wednesday and said he couldn't have grabbed anyone because he had "three screws in (his) shoulder" that prevented him from doing any lifting.

Taylor waived his right to a public defender and indicated to the court he had a private lawyer.
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=489262

Just keep your eyes/ears open,im smelling a whopper of a law suit fixing come to MB!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabbitfoot