Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want these brought to justice too, and hope it doesn't take the disappearance/death of another young lady to get it.

I to feel as Doc, but one thing for sure everything in life happens for a reason, and it all come to a end in a higher powers timing, not mans,,but my prayers still go out to bd family,,,

I hope this helps clear things up a little :)

In late 2007 an alligator attacked and bit a man's arm off while he was swimming in Lake Moultrie (one of the Santee Cooper Lakes) between Charleston, SC and Georgetown, SC. This man was lucky, he stumbled out of the water at a picnic area where nurses were having a picnic and they saved his life. I worked for many years at a major industrial plant on the Cooper River near Moncks Corner and believe me there are many, many gators that come up on the plant land. The river is full of them at Santee.
http://www.cdnn.info/news/safety/s070917.html

In late 2007 an alligator attacked and bit a man's arm off while he was swimming in Lake Moultrie (one of the Santee Cooper Lakes) between Charleston, SC and Georgetown, SC. This man was lucky, he stumbled out of the water at a picnic area where nurses were having a picnic and they saved his life.

I remember that story! I remember thinking of how LUCKY he truly was to have a nurse close by to help. I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings, but his actions leading up to the attack were very unsafe. IIRC - He was out doing some scuba diving in the GRASSY areas of the lake BY HIMSELF. Not a good idea at all. Not saying in ANY way that he deserved it, but I do think there is a lesson here, to be learned by all

I worked for many years at a major industrial plant on the Cooper River near Moncks Corner and believe me there are many, many gators that come up on the plant land. The river is full of them at Santee.

Might that be the Bushy Park Industrial Complex? (Used to be Bayer plant)

-=matt=-

Oh Doc, your post is very disheartening to me and I hope you are wrong. However, I have had the same fears as you about these POI's. I have felt you may know a bit more than the rest of us here that you cannot discuss and I respect that. Perhaps if justice is not served for Britt then the POI's will be brought to justice in a future case just like Joran.

I would really like to see Brittanee get justice and the ' who hurt her brought to justice. That's what I'd really like. As time passes, whoever is in power and protecting them will no longer be in power, just like Joran's father. And where will they hide then? The wheels of justice do turn slowly don't they?

wm

Remember, it took 5 years for Joran to come to justice and let's pray it does not take that long for Britanee...Joran had a whole lot of money and power behind him and it sounds like you are thinking this could be the case for the POI's in this situation(?)...That wasn't my impression and I hope it's not the case...Or is it more like "good ole boys" network? I always thought the reason Joran got away with it also was because NH was a foreigner in his country...I guess BD was also a "foreigner" in a sense because no matter what anyone says, as a "yankee" who visits the southeast alot there is some definite sense of being a stranger to be kept at arms length in many situations...and even when I used to have a weekend place in NY State but lived in "the city" there was a sense of "you don't belong"...Sorry, for my rambling but you have really given me a whole new impression that I'm digesting as I type...hmmmm...So maybe the locals would rally around the "boys" if they saw it as something that just got out of hand, "no harm intended", and it was an "outsider" who was the victim...No harm, no foul...

Oh Doc, your post is very disheartening to me and I hope you are wrong. However, I have had the same fears as you about these POI's. I have felt you may know a bit more than the rest of us here that you cannot discuss and I respect that. Perhaps if justice is not served for Britt then the POI's will be brought to justice in a future case just like Joran.

I would really like to see Brittanee get justice and the ' who hurt her brought to justice. That's what I'd really like. As time passes, whoever is in power and protecting them will no longer be in power, just like Joran's father. And where will they hide then? The wheels of justice do turn slowly don't they?

wm

I still believe the case can be solved. I just don't think the police are applying enough pressure to the POI's. Going back to Vander Sloot... the girl he killed went on his computer and found out he was a suspect in the Holloway case and he went off and broke her neck. When you are accused of murder you are viewed and treated differently by everyone you meet.

We saw how Brozowitz was initially treated back in Rochester, yet these 3-4 guys completely dodge the public eye. The only fear they have to deal with is one of them saying something there not supposed to. Politics are serving an injustice to Brittanee Drexel.

. Politics are serving an injustice to Brittanee Drexel.

Do you really belive this? or can you back this with info?

on another note, i truly feel if LE didnt give her parents **more info*** than we the public knows of, and if i was in her moms shoes you could bet i would be raising H*** from every TV station,radio,newspaper till i got more answers!!,,,but since we the public have not heard no new news,since Ann of BD,,then ,i feel they know more they ** must** (DD,CD) must trust what they were told???? we can sit here on WS type all day what we think happen or didnt happen,and seems we here on WS are only ones who seem to be caring to show ,so how can we the people do anymore**if parents** are not crying out for info or help? so since we do not here or see this,then my guess is parents no whats going on with LE,i dont feel State of SC has did her unfair!!! BUT just OMP

Thanks Mlatta so much for taking time to do all this! It's amazing how helpful you've been!

Question though, if 1000 Crow Hill Drive (the house you liked, which I must say is beautiful!) is at the very end of Crow Hill then that's the long dock LE had labled on that map we discussed earlier, correct? And if so, then why would it be a place of interest for them? It seems rather private and unless you knew that area extrememly well, why would they risk going somewhere that's private property and most likely patrolled for kids partying in the empty house already? However, I don't know how desolate this area really is so it could quite possibly be the perfect spot to go without being seen. Any opinions?

And if I'm reading correctly it sounds to me like some here on WS may either know who the people are or have an idea, due to how certain they seem to be stating things IMO. If so, then how is this? Anyone down there heard ANY local gossip? It shocks me to think there is none, considering I KNOW people would be running their mouths where I live, especially if the POIs are in highschool (and I'm not even in a small town.)

And on that note...
I found this article that I've never seen stating that LE went to Georgetown High School to talk to a student who claims they know someone who was with Brittanee the weekend she died. Sure sounds to me like young high school boys are involved...

http://www.gtowntimes.com/Local/Police-believe-Drexel-was-killed---persons-of-interest--questioned

Okay one more.. This one talks about the interview at the high school and mentions that DD and others have been going door to door for information on Powell Rd. Hmm.. Isn't that RIGHT by Crow Hill? :waitasec:

http://www.gtowntimes.com/story/search-resumes

Sounds to me like LE has updated DD and CD and they're probably helping to get that one bit of info that could lead to more and possible an arrest, IMO.

I'm around. I'm visiting my parents on vacation in Virginia right now. I just got caught upon all the posts since yesterday morning. I'll probably have more to input tonight.

In the meantime...

l_60a24e99195b5021fca22703d5cf0de7.jpg

Enjoy VA (where I live!) and the time with your parents Lindsayyy. Thank you once again for posting another beautiful pic of Brittanee (are there any that aren't beautiful). Looking at her face I start to tear up. I think about her little brother and sister and how much they miss her.

Doc mentioned political reasons for why this case may never be solved or those responsible brought to justice. Could it be that those responsible are the sons of local politicians? I guess if I were smart enough I could try to find out if any have sons in high school, that particular high school. Hopefully, I'll have time later today to do that. Unless you guys think it's a waste of time.

Okay one more.. This one talks about the interview at the high school and mentions that DD and others have been going door to door for information on Powell Rd. Hmm.. Isn't that RIGHT by Crow Hill? :waitasec:

Maybe LE was using the dock @1000 Crow Hill, to launch search boats? Just a thought... It is kind of desolate, but I get the distinct feeling that the homeowners back there, really look out for each other as far as suspicous activities... Also, recall I saw 1 driveway camera, as well as cameras at that home. Seems like a bad choice for a place to commit a violent crime and/or dispose of a body.

Powell Road is .3 miles north on HWY17 from Crow Hill.

I have been dragging the satelite map all around North Santee for a few minutes... I'm hoping Rose can confirm this -

It looks like Powell Road is the biggest/most crowded road in North Santee..
Mt. Zion would be the second biggest? Other roads of significant size/population - Corner Loop, Harris Landing... that's about it, yes? no ?

There's some really long roads on the other side of 17 (East side of Hwy17) but it's mostly woods. This, unfortunately would be an ideal place to dispose of a body.

I have been on Hwy. 17 twice in the last month from Charleston to Pawleys Island. Brittanee was all I could think about while I was on that stretch of road. There are so many wooded and swampy areas along the way that I couldn't help but think how difficult it will be to find her. I pray everyday that Brittanee will be found.

It looks like Powell Road is the biggest/most crowded road in North Santee..
Mt. Zion would be the second biggest? Other roads of significant size/population - Corner Loop, Harris Landing... that's about it, yes? no ?

There's some really long roads on the other side of 17 (East side of Hwy17) but it's mostly woods. This, unfortunately would be an ideal place to dispose of a body.

yes,powell rd is really main rd in -n santee, most your ppl live on or off side roads from p,rd,,,,,

I'm sorry for intruding and this I am sure has nothing to do with Brittanee's disappearance.

However I just posted on another part of the Board that a 17 year old Cody Epley threw an 18 year old girl over a balcony in Myrtle Beach. The girl is from WV and the guy is from SC. No name on the girl as she is the victim of a sexual assault.

It just made me think that only a little over a year ago poor Brittanee was just strolling along tasting the freedom that we all want at that age. Same for these kids. Same as we all wanted at those ages, but people didn't get tossed off balconies or go missing. Always I pray for Brittanee.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=467473

I'm sorry for intruding and this I am sure has nothing to do with Brittanee's disappearance.

No intrusion. I, for one, certainly appreciate you sharing news related to out area here. That is a sad story. I hope LE gets to the bottom of it!

However I just posted on another part of the Board that a 17 year old Cody Epley threw an 18 year old girl over a balcony in Myrtle Beach. The girl is from WV and the guy is from SC. No name on the girl as she is the victim of a sexual assault.

It just made me think that only a little over a year ago poor Brittanee was just strolling along tasting the freedom that we all want at that age. Same for these kids. Same as we all wanted at those ages, but people didn't get tossed off balconies or go missing. Always I pray for Brittanee.

I say "leaked out" in our local newspaper here in VA because it seems the "powers that be" try so hard to keep things in the "neighborhood" down there, probably due to tourism.

Interestingly, it almost feels like "big brother is watching me" because exactly when I turned on my computer this morning, a commercial for vacationing in MB came on TV. This has happened a lot of late it seems.

Appreciate your post. For some reason this guy's name jumps out at me. Maybe just a coincidence though. Will have to "google" that name and see what comes up.

This made me think about little BD when she was in that video of the guy who took video on his cell phone when she was standing on her tiptoes peering over the balcony. I have always wondered what was going through her mind at that exact moment.

There is alot more to that story heres latest link to that
http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/06/0...een-missing-after.html#storylink=omni_popular
Hospital officials told police that the victim was treated and released from the hospital around 1 a.m. Tuesday. They said she left with two men and that she did not seem afraid of them in any way or upset. They said she was also excited about going to Columbia, the police report stated.

Read more: http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/06/0...ter.html#storylink=omni_popular#ixzz0qSiJJARC

Wow Rose, I was just getting ready to hit the "post button" with this article as well. You are so right. There is wayyyy more to this story. This is making me think long and hard about the ages of these guys "allegedly" involved in this case with the girl being 'dropped' from the balcony. Sounds like in these other articles that more than one male was responsible for the crime and only one ended up in jail. Wonder why this girl would just go off with these other two males. If she is indeed just vacationing there in MB...she could not have known any of them very long, IMO. Did they take her with an intent to silence her.....sounding like a scenario that we have discussed about BD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove