Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.thestate.com/2009/10/05/971648/family-braces-for-missing-girls.html

Old article from Brittanee's last birthday...her first spent without her family.

"Brittanee loved birthdays, and she loved a big deal being made about her birthday," Dawn Drexel said. "She couldn't wait until her 18th. We had a lot of plans ... a lot of things she really wanted to do."

In honor of Brittanee....I'm going to make a big deal about it this year. I can't plan an event and I'm not certain I can make it to georgetown or Myrtle Beach.....but I plan to release bright pink balloons. I also plan to let every local news outlet know about it.....so we can hopefully get her back on televisions and in newspapers. I was hoping that we could all do something similar wherever we are...film it.....and try to get each of our media outlets interested. It would be awesome to hear that pink balloons were flying all over the US in honor of Brittanee. Talk about making a big deal on her birthday!
While that may be a bit unrealistic, I hope each of us can do something in our own way to honor and celebrate Brittanee.

I would like to do something as well. Not too much freedom in the financial department here, but I could do something small. Maybe I'll release some balloons as well... maybe make her a cake :) She's too close to my heart for me to let her special day pass without recognition.

I know if it were my child LLLindsayy it wouldn't matter to me how small or how much someone spent. The thought that they hadn't forgotten my missing child would be all I needed. One balloon, one prayer, one lit candle, even one "Happy Birthday Britt".

I know if it were my child LLLindsayy it wouldn't matter to me how small or how much someone spent. The thought that they hadn't forgotten my missing child would be all I needed. One balloon, one prayer, one lit candle, even one "Happy Birthday Britt".

I totally agree with you Lizzybeth. Nicely said.

I had a dream about Britt last night. It was my first one ever -- strange enough. I dreamt (sp?) she came home alive. But, she came home to my home. And she was just hungry. She ate bowls of cereal, oranges, and spinach.

A strange enough dream to make me think "that's weird," but nice enough to make me smile a little bit. I wish it would come true!

I don't know that I believe in dream interpretations LLLindsayy but I would be curious to what an interpreter had to say about that dream.

I don't know that I believe in dream interpretations LLLindsayy but I would be curious to what an interpreter had to say about that dream.

Yeah, I don't really pay attention to them either. Mainly because I'm not sure that I believe in them as you said. It would be kind of interesting to hear wouldn't it!

Ha...spinach??

I see her in 'pictures' in my dreams, but never in action doing anything. I think all of the photos you post, LLLindsayy, help keep her in my mind overnight!

Oh, you can purchase a 20ct. bag of balloons at Party City (I know they are all over SC) for $2.99. If you purchase them in store, they will blow them up for you with helium for free. I think everyone is broke this year, but I really wish I could do more than just balloons. I wish there was a way to get the focus back on Brittanee, back on these Georgetown suspects.....back on finding Brittanee.

How crazy is it that these guys are still just hanging out on 7 mile rd.....still going about their lives when we KNOW that they got off on a technicality for that other murder! It just seems so bizarre to me that these people are able to live it up while Brittanee and her family are still suffering so much.

Yeah, spinach of all things! I hardly like spinach so I don't even know why it was in my house!!

I'm glad the pictures I leave you guys with help you to keep her beautiful face in your mind.

If our justice system can't make these guys pay the way they should, karma certainly will -- and that day can not come soon enough.

Thinking about you all tonight and I hope I meet Britt in my dreams again, because she was a wonderful gal as I imagined her to be.

I am proud the news media in Wilmington, NC is keeping Britt's case in the public eye. Here's a link.

http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=13231102

A show that follows the unpredictable path of a missing person's case will be highlighting the disappearance of Brittanee Drexel during its season premiere, schedued to air Oct. 4 on Investigation Discovery.

The episode of "Disappeared" will attempt to piece together exactly what happened to the New York teen who vanished in April 2009 while on Spring Break in Myrtle Beach.

wm

Yeah, spinach of all things! I hardly like spinach so I don't even know why it was in my house!!

I'm glad the pictures I leave you guys with help you to keep her beautiful face in your mind.

If our justice system can't make these guys pay the way they should, karma certainly will -- and that day can not come soon enough.

Thinking about you all tonight and I hope I meet Britt in my dreams again, because she was a wonderful gal as I imagined her to be.

The part of the quote in bold made me tear up. One of the pictures you posted LLLindsayyy, to me, stood out. It's the one where Britt has her hand up to her face. I think it's a professional picture (maybe a school one) and all her nails are painted (French manicure) except one and the nail has broken off. It shows me that even though she is beautiful and loved makeup and girlie things there was the athletic side of her. I think Britt was very well rounded. She's good at a lot of things. That's just my impression.

The part of the quote in bold made me tear up. One of the pictures you posted LLLindsayyy, to me, stood out. It's the one where Britt has her hand up to her face. I think it's a professional picture (maybe a school one) and all her nails are painted (French manicure) except one and the nail has broken off. It shows me that even though she is beautiful and loved makeup and girlie things there was the athletic side of her. I think Britt was very well rounded. She's good at a lot of things. That's just my impression.

This one!

61541_101126916618801_100001644783255_5108_3653102_n.jpg

I posted this one Saturday. It was my first time seeing it. Just showing you guys again because it's great!

Im still here and i read each post every day, i have check on ST court as of this morn ST case still pending??? And theres no chatting on BD case in streets, so i do hope this TV show on Monday will give us more good news,im very afraid that ST is not talking and he must be still sticking out he dont no anything of BD case, i pray soon that Drexel family will get answers,i am really disappointed that we havnt heard of anything, (i had hoped with sled being in on it that they had bd case closed by now,,,i just hope all this time hasnt been wasted and that bd case is in diff light (as in ST clan not included and could be someone else or bd body could be in diff directions etc,but this all my MOO nothing that ive heard,,,,,Soon this beautiful girl will be 19,its so sad that family has no answers yet,,,,,,,,please keep bd in your prayers,,,

http://wkzo.com/news/articles/2010/sep/29/flyers-regarding-missing-woman-aimed-hunters/

Flyers Regarding Missing Woman Aimed at Hunters

WAKESHMA TWP. -- A group of friends of a missing Wakeshma Township woman are hoping local hunters can help them find her body. Venus Stewart has been gone since April, when she was last seen getting the mail at her parent's St. Joseph County home.

The 32-year-old is believed dead and her husband Doug has been charged with her murder. The group has made flyers outlining some of Stewart's personal belongings that area hunters may see while tramping around in the woods.

Police say if anyone does find an article of clothing or anything that looks out of place, to call their office and not touch anything.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

None of us want to think about the worst possible outcome in Brittanee's case... However, we can all agree that if she is deceased, that she deserves a proper burial from her family...

Maybe we can find out where the local hunting clubs are around there, and i will be happy to deliver (or mail) flyers, and talk to them, and find out where the "trailheads" are that the local hunters use.. more places that would be good to hang posters... Also maybe "outdoor" shops, etc... anyone wanna help?

Can hunters use the land of the Francis Marion National Forest or is that considered private? I probably sound really uneducated asking that, so hopefully someone here can educate me!

I'm asking because if she's in the woods somewhere, it's probably there given the T-clan's stomping grounds and history.

Brittanee made Columbia, SC's primetime and late night news tonight! They showed half a dozen photos of her, promoted the 'disappeared' show highlighting Brittanee's kidnapping, and briefly discussed the case, the searches, etc. Not much, but it was just REALLY great to hear Brittanee on the news.

Good Morning everyone and Britt!

I hope you sleuths in MB are staying safe during this awful storm. It is nasty here in SE NC and I can't sleep.

I am glad I checked in. I think it is a great idea that mlatta has about targeting hunting clubs in the search for Brittanee. This would be a great time to get the word out. When does hunting season open? I guess there are different times depending on the game being hunted. It sure would be a nice way to honor our Britt for her birthday.

Also, there's something that I want to mention but am hesitant because it is a sad to think about but here goes. We know that Britt's case is now a homicide investigation.
We know the location of her last cell ping and the general area where the sunglasses were found and where the POI's reside. So we can assume that Brittanee is located somewhere in that general area if she is indeed deceased. Now comes the unpleasant part........

Our rainfall totals here are almost as much (if not already) as Hurricane Floyd in 1999. I am hoping that once the water recedes in these areas in SC that 'something' could surface or be revealed. Sorry, to elude to something so graphic but this is why I think approaching hunters at this time is a brilliant idea.

Of course, I would prefer that Britt is found alive and well, sadly I don't think she is.....

MOO

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members