Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
mlattta, i see you thanking me! hope you've been well lately. miss your insights.

Hi LLLindsayy ! I've been doing pretty well... been kinda busy with work, and wrapping up the last of this summer's activities... I am *SO* ready for some cooler weather now.

Even though I don't post often, I still read other's posts + I still think about Brittanee every day. I'm a little disheartened that this case has yet to see any resolve..

I wonder what the atmosphere is like in the McClellanville area. I am sure that everyone who came forward with information to LE is now scared. I know I would be.

Lucky for us, at least one of the T crew is incarcerated -- and it sounds like he is going to be in there for a while, based on his charges. I feel that there is a connection between this group of people (family+friends) and Brittanee's disappearance. Too many little "things" point their direction. Obviously, the recent attempted abduction in myrtle beach. Also, their location in relation to where the last cell phone activity was detected. Their history of criminal behavior matches the profile of Brittanee's attackers. The "bunch of tips" that were received back in December - makes me think of common townspeople who just got tired of being intimidated by this group, and began going to LE with what they know. We know that after one individual musters up the courage to come forward, others will follow - and I think that is what happened here.

We have one T in in jail from an unrelated charge -- But what about the "others" who participated in Brittanee's demise? How long is it going to take before something can be done? Believe me, I totally understand and respect the fact that investigations require extensive amount of time, and the evidence gathered must be solid enough to secure the conviction. That said - It has been a long time! I want to see some justice !?

I'm still planning on going back to that area with flyers and my trusty staple gun. As always - I follow the rules when out distributing media, so no need to worry :)

Off-Topic stuff:

-- I have been really worried about Eric Robertson. He went missing from Clinton, SC over a month ago. His father is an engineer out here where I work. (His thread is here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112808&highlight=eric+robertson if anyone wants to read more.) Clinton SC happens to be the same town where Samantha Renee Smith diappeared from back in 2006) Let's all please say a prayer for Eric and Samantha.

-- I am going to Sumter SC next weekend to participate in a media distribution in an attempt to locate Stacy Renee Lester, who disappeared from the Sumter area back in August of 2009. The event is scheduled for October 2, at 9:00AM. The meeting place is Swam Lake in Sumter. Once again, everyone please say a prayer that this event will bring some new information to light. (http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lester_stacy.html)

I hope everyone is doing well ! :Banane35:

I too have been worried about Eric Robertson. I've been trying to "bump" his thread when I can. There just seems to be so little information or at least little information that LE is sharing.

My prayers are with Eric, Samantha, Britt and all the others that have gone missing.

come on britt

Attachments

• heyyy.jpg
    heyyy.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 23
why would it be requested that people hold off on putting up posters? How in the world could that hurt?

Is it thought that it might somewho impede the case?

why would it be requested that people hold off on putting up posters? How in the world could that hurt?

Is it thought that it might somewho impede the case?
I cannot remember the exact details on it now, but I'll try to scan back through some of the postings. Seems like something came out in the news or maybe it was when that "attempted kidnapping" occurred or something. I'll repost if I find out what was happening at that particular time. May take me a bit to read back through those posts, so if anyone remembers why or when it happened, feel free to jump in and answer this question. TIA.

One thing that I do remember is it was being discussed that the posters needed to be updated to be sure they reflected the reward money being offered and some of the members of WS were trying to determine who to contact to make sure the reward money was still being offered and exactly how much, etc.

I did go back and read through some of the postings and did find that right about the time the news broke of the girl from Tennessee being almost kidnapped, some of the WSers who were planning to go down to the area of N. Santee or thereabouts and post some fliers were very wisely advised to hold off by one of the locals "in the know" down in that area of Georgetown as it was considered unsafe and advised to wait to see if anything further developed. If you want to go back and review this, I think it is around post #471 through #474 (approximately) in the thread right before this current one. I think the date is around 07/22/2010. Hope this helps explain it at least a little.

Come home soon sweetie.

Why is it considered an unsafe area? We rode around Georgetown, granted, it was during the day and McClellenville (which we like) and found it pleasant. Some areas are very rural, but not sure why it would be unsafe to post...but then I don't live there.

61541_101126916618801_100001644783255_5108_3653102_n.jpg

I was hoping for some news by now.

If it's difficult for us to be patient, I can only imaging her family and the other families with missing relatives that are probably connected to this.

Why is it considered an unsafe area? We rode around Georgetown, granted, it was during the day and McClellenville (which we like) and found it pleasant. Some areas are very rural, but not sure why it would be unsafe to post...but then I don't live there.

I'm just taking a stab at this answer Fyrecat, but I think it is because of the possible involvement of the one guy who was arrested for the attempted kidnapping of the girl from Tennessee and his "extended family" and things were sort of "heating up" when all this news broke. In my opinion, (key word here of course is opinion) if these same guys were possibly the same ones who did take BD, if they were bold enough to try to grab another girl a couple blocks from where BD was taken, and they live in that McClellanville/Georgetown area, I'd be afraid to venture down into that area, either tacking up posters or giving the appearance I was searching for clues. I am not extremely familiar with those areas and some have said there are some really nice homes in there, but then again, some not so nice places too, but guess it is that way anywhere really. If any locals want to give Fyrecat a better answer, feel free to "jump in".

****Bumping for Britt***
Sweet lil girl you need be back on top,,,,,,,,

Nothing new to add but we need keep her up and in front :)
Prayers for her and family!!!!!!

Not sure if this is the case here, but if time has passed and a case has grown cold, sometimes rewards will be withdrawn, and posters will need to be changed (in some cases, even removed):

"The father of missing chef Claudia Lawrence has spoken of his “devastation” as it was revealed that a cash reward for information was being dropped. The decision, which emerged on the 18-month anniversary of Miss Lawrence’s disappearance, means North Yorkshire Police will now remove their appeal posters from fleet vehicles because they refer to the reward."
http://www.expressandstar.com/uk/uk-news/2010/09/23/claudia-lawrence-reward-dropped/

Not sure if this is the case here, but if time has passed and a case has grown cold, sometimes rewards will be withdrawn, and posters will need to be changed (in some cases, even removed):

"The father of missing chef Claudia Lawrence has spoken of his “devastation” as it was revealed that a cash reward for information was being dropped. The decision, which emerged on the 18-month anniversary of Miss Lawrence’s disappearance, means North Yorkshire Police will now remove their appeal posters from fleet vehicles because they refer to the reward."
http://www.expressandstar.com/uk/uk-news/2010/09/23/claudia-lawrence-reward-dropped/

Hi
this not case, there is Reward money was posted in newspaper few weeks ago ,if im not mistaken a NY church posted $5,000 and crimestoppers of MB SC posted 1,000 so there is a reward for Britt,,,

ALBANY, NY (WMBF) - More than 16 months after her disappearance, a New York church is offering a $5,000 reward to anyone with credible information leading to the discovery of Brittanee Drexel.

The newest reward aimed at shedding light on the missing teen's case comes in addition to a $1,000 reward already being offered by CrimeStoppers of the Lowcountry.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/13143383/ny-church-offers-5000-reward-in-drexel-case?redirected=true

So there is $ 6,000.00 in REWARD MONEY!!!!!!

another week.

Don't forget: "Disappeared" featuring Britt's story is coming on a week from tonight.

Also, Brittanee's 19th birthday is next week. Just something to keep in mind!

For the most part, it is a pretty nice area... there are some "questionable" roads here and there, though, even in the run-down areas I didn't meet any opposition.

The first time I drove down 7 mile road, I saw some unsavory characters... I would *definitley* not want to get my car stuck back there!

I usually post flyers in business's windows. For example there is an old fashioned general store right there on hwy 17. They have a double-sided missing persons flyer on the door, as well as one posted on a bulletin board as soon as you walk in. There is a Cooter's convenience store (Yes, very silly name!) about 5 miles up 17, and they have a 2sided flyer in their window as well. I've spoken to the managers/employees of these businesses and they seem very sympathetic to our situation, and eager to help by allowing to post flyers.

Also I try to hang flyers conspicously in public places - i.e. Pole Yard boat landing, and the Santee Delta WMAs... There are a couple of "community centers" and rec centers, baseball fields, etc. throughout the N Santee community, I try to cover those with flyers too..

My thought behind that is to keep Brittanee in people's conversations. I do not want this girl to be forgotten. I want all the members of that community, including the ones who are responsible for this, to know she is cared about by many people. Is it possible that the excessive number of flyers helped some people find the courage to come forward with information? It is possible. Perhaps a very slim, remote chance, but it's still there. And that remote possibility is what keeps driving me to get Brittanee's face all over the place. (I did not mean for that to rhyme)

I have probably posted these pictures before. These are various places I have posted flyers. For those who have not seen them, enjoy...

Attachments

• carolina_country_store_outside.jpg
    carolina_country_store_outside.jpg
    457.1 KB · Views: 13
  • cooters.jpg
    cooters.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Santee_Delta_east.jpg
    Santee_Delta_east.jpg
    622.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Pole_Yard.jpg
    Pole_Yard.jpg
    552.7 KB · Views: 13
  • powell_st_barber.jpg
    powell_st_barber.jpg
    474.6 KB · Views: 12
Good Morning Everyone.

Per Fyrecat's question....
The 'dangerous area' was never in question for why we weren't supposed to post flyers. We were told via Monica Caison not to hang flyers AT THAT TIME because it was just after ST had been arrested for the attempted kidnapping of the girl from Ocean Blvd.
As Mlatta stated, it's not a particularly dangerous area....there are some sketchy parts....but I think the primary issue was specifically about the ongoing investigation and a potential break in the case. At the time, I think everyone believed that there was going to be something coming down the pipe quickly after that arrest.
Currently, since there has been nothing further with that case, I think it would be just fine to post signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FoxxTraxx