Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You were getting a little too far down the page sweet girl.

I'm hopeful too LLLindsayy.

Hi everyone,
I found this forum sort of by accident. My husband and I were vacationing near Myrtle Beach, and saw the Missing poster posted in a couple stores and a restaurant. I got curious, as I live in downstate NY.

I'm very sorry that this young woman is missing. I work in a social service agency with teens, and I can only imagine how distressing this is for her family.

I have read the past posts, and would like to ask the following:

1) Is there even a remote possiblity that this young lady could simply have deliberately vanished? It seems very unlikely, but a few years ago I had a client who had decided to do just that. She was a former 'missing teen' (as per her words) who had just not wanted to go home, and had dyed her hair, moved with a guy she knew to a different state, and 'became' someone else. I just wonder, because teens can be so flighty, and don't always think ahead. I guess I hope this in this case, so that the young woman would have a happier ending than seems likely, from what I'm reading here.

2) The other is if the police have an idea of who the suspects are, whats being done and why is it taking so long?

I don't know much about the background, except the young woman left home without permission, stayed with friends in MB at a hotel, and vanished after visiting friends at another motel on her way back.

My husband and I drove to Georgetown and McClellenville (good fishmarket in McClellenville) and as we drove through the streets of Georgetown, I noticed a 'masked' motercycle gang. It sort of creeped me out....they all had 'skull masks' that completely covered their faces. I saw some very desolate areas from MB to Georgetown, and I thought if this poor girl had been abducted and bought anywhere to these areas, she might not be found....there seems so much dense brush.

My heart goes out to her family. I can't imagine how difficult it must be, not knowing where your daughter is that way. I am saying a prayer for her family.

All the best,
Fyre

My heart breaks for this little girl. THis is one of my major fears, that my son will lie to me about where he is and then fall prey to some horrible incident and I have no idea what is happening and no way of protecting him.

Teens really think they are immortal and have to one day understand why we as parents say NO.

I work with teens, and I worry. I currently have one who's 'run away' and I go home and worry. Yesterday I went out and went to two places she has been known to 'hang out'. She wasn't there, and it's so worrying, because you're so right, they believe that nothing bad can happen to them.

I hope with BD she's simply being rebellious and decided to dissapear, but that doesn't appear to be the case, or what otehrs who know the case believe

My heart breaks for this little girl. THis is one of my major fears, that my son will lie to me about where he is and then fall prey to some horrible incident and I have no idea what is happening and no way of protecting him.

Teens really think they are immortal and have to one day understand why we as parents say NO.

Hi everyone,
I found this forum sort of by accident. My husband and I were vacationing near Myrtle Beach, and saw the Missing poster posted in a couple stores and a restaurant. I got curious, as I live in downstate NY.

I'm very sorry that this young woman is missing. I work in a social service agency with teens, and I can only imagine how distressing this is for her family.

I have read the past posts, and would like to ask the following:

1) Is there even a remote possiblity that this young lady could simply have deliberately vanished? It seems very unlikely, but a few years ago I had a client who had decided to do just that. She was a former 'missing teen' (as per her words) who had just not wanted to go home, and had dyed her hair, moved with a guy she knew to a different state, and 'became' someone else. I just wonder, because teens can be so flighty, and don't always think ahead. I guess I hope this in this case, so that the young woman would have a happier ending than seems likely, from what I'm reading here.

2) The other is if the police have an idea of who the suspects are, whats being done and why is it taking so long?

I don't know much about the background, except the young woman left home without permission, stayed with friends in MB at a hotel, and vanished after visiting friends at another motel on her way back.

My husband and I drove to Georgetown and McClellenville (good fishmarket in McClellenville) and as we drove through the streets of Georgetown, I noticed a 'masked' motercycle gang. It sort of creeped me out....they all had 'skull masks' that completely covered their faces. I saw some very desolate areas from MB to Georgetown, and I thought if this poor girl had been abducted and bought anywhere to these areas, she might not be found....there seems so much dense brush.

My heart goes out to her family. I can't imagine how difficult it must be, not knowing where your daughter is that way. I am saying a prayer for her family.

All the best,
Fyre

Welcome Fyre! Glad to have you around. Thank you for letting Brittanee catch your eye and then for remembering her enough to look her up.

1) There is always a remote possibility, I think. However, the information that LE is feeding us is very pessimistic. They have stated that they no longer believe she's alive. I'm betting they have pretty decent evidence to make such an outrageous claim like that. It certainly doesn't leave much room for hope here, unfortunately. We'd love to see Brittanee come home safely. I'd be as elated as the next one if that were the case. I'd drive to Rochester and welcome her home -- I promise. After all this time, though, we're just praying for a resolution. We want answers and we want justice served. It does not appear to be the case that Britt has disappeared voluntarily. Also, LE indicates that they have several credible tips all leading toward to the same persons of interest/suspects in this case, and I'm guessing that if there were no foul play involved, there would be no suspects to be had.

2) Your guess is as good as mine. Recently, LE has been working with a family-clan in the Georgetown/McClellanville area called the "Taylor's." They're known to be a pretty evil crew who have participated in some vicious crimes in the past and who were recently linked to an attempted abduction right outside of the hotel in which Brittanee disappeared from. One man, Timothy Shaun Taylor, was put in jail after he was picked out of a lineup by the victim in that abduction attempt. He has since been released on bail. His hearing was supposed to be September 3rd, but we haven't heard any type of information about that, so we're not even sure if it took place.

m_83c26cfc519540d0da7740b705d67d98.jpg

I, the rest of Websleuths (probably), and Brittanee (I bet) thank you for stopping by. Hope you stick around.

Fyre and Mendara, Welcome to Brittanee's thread! I'm glad you both have joined us here.

Fyrecat, My heart goes out to you, as a parent myself, I cannot imagine the worry you must be going through as you search for your runaway daughter. Have you thought of beginning a thread here on WS for her? It might help to get the word out and her face in the public eye. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

We here still hold out hope that Brittanee is alive somewhere. However the MBPD has stated in the media and to Britt's parents that the case is now a homicide investigation.
They must have evidence to support this as they have now named suspects in the case, and LEA's nowadays do not name suspects (for legal reasons) unless they have enough evidence to do so. It is sad and disheartening to think Britt is no longer with us in this world but I feel LE must have enough info to link these suspects to her disappearance.

One reason that I feel it has taken so long to make an arrest is that Britt's case spans 3 counties in SC. She was abducted in Myrtle, her cell phone last pinged around the Georgetown Co/Charleston Co line and the suspects live in GT county. (someone please correct me if my account of details is wrong, I just awoke from nap so I'm a bit foggy)

Recently, a respected investigator from SLED joined the investigation. I think this is why the investigation is moving forward, as he has the authority to combine the efforts of the 3 LEA's involved in the case.

Myrtle Beach has recently gained the unfortunate nickname of Murder Beach as crime has risen tremendously as the area has grown these past years. IMO, the MBPD hasn't grown as rapidly as the crimes and the economy in the area which must be frustrating for them. The expanding tourism, brings along beautiful young women and children who vacation there, this makes it a virtual hunting ground for predators and evil doers. This summer alone, I've read of 3 or 4 attempted abductions of women and children there. (RochesterGirl and others, thanks for posting the police reports) For some reason, I think folks feel a false sense of security while on holiday, when actually, visitors should be most vigilant when in a 'foreign' environment.

As all of us parents know, teenagers do lie, regardless of our efforts to stay abreast of their activities . They are under peer pressure, trying to be grown up too soon, too trusting, ect. IMO these factors play into Britt's abduction....I feel Britt was alone, walking down Ocean Blvd., right at dusk and was blindsided by some fiend who seized an opportunity and snatched her.

I hope this helps a bit and this is all MOO and my :twocents:, of course.

wm

Fyre and Mendara, Welcome to Brittanee's thread! I'm glad you both have joined us here.

Fyrecat, My heart goes out to you, as a parent myself, I cannot imagine the worry you must be going through as you search for your runaway daughter. Have you thought of beginning a thread here on WS for her? It might help to get the word out and her face in the public eye. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

We here still hold out hope that Brittanee is alive somewhere. However the MBPD has stated in the media and to Britt's parents that the case is now a homicide investigation.
They must have evidence to support this as they have now named suspects in the case, and LEA's nowadays do not name suspects (for legal reasons) unless they have enough evidence to do so. It is sad and disheartening to think Britt is no longer with us in this world but I feel LE must have enough info to link these suspects to her disappearance.

One reason that I feel it has taken so long to make an arrest is that Britt's case spans 3 counties in SC. She was abducted in Myrtle, her cell phone last pinged around the Georgetown Co/Charleston Co line and the suspects live in GT county. (someone please correct me if my account of details is wrong, I just awoke from nap so I'm a bit foggy)

Recently, a respected investigator from SLED joined the investigation. I think this is why the investigation is moving forward, as he has the authority to combine the efforts of the 3 LEA's involved in the case.

Myrtle Beach has recently gained the unfortunate nickname of Murder Beach as crime has risen tremendously as the area has grown these past years. IMO, the MBPD hasn't grown as rapidly as the crimes and the economy in the area which must be frustrating for them. The expanding tourism, brings along beautiful young women and children who vacation there, this makes it a virtual hunting ground for predators and evil doers. This summer alone, I've read of 3 or 4 attempted abductions of women and children there. (RochesterGirl and others, thanks for posting the police reports) For some reason, I think folks feel a false sense of security while on holiday, when actually, visitors should be most vigilant when in a 'foreign' environment.

As all of us parents know, teenagers do lie, regardless of our efforts to stay abreast of their activities . They are under peer pressure, trying to be grown up too soon, too trusting, ect. IMO these factors play into Britt's abduction....I feel Britt was alone, walking down Ocean Blvd., right at dusk and was blindsided by some fiend who seized an opportunity and snatched her.

I hope this helps a bit and this is all MOO and my :twocents:, of course.

wm

Your welcome WM keeps us all working for Brit even if there is no new news directly about her

she's not my daughter, sadly..
she's one of the foster kids I work with. She's 17, and I worry alot about her, because like most kids her age, she 'knows it all'.
I have gone and looked at places she's told me she's frequented, but so far, nothing. We (her caseworker and myself) are hoping that she will contact us again.
She is a very very good kid, who just is impulsive, and doesn't think about what is best for her.

You know, when we were there-in the MB area...we stayed in Surfside, we felt safe. But the townhouse we stayed in belongs to a relative, which was broken into this past winter when relative wasnt' there. It was someone, homeless, I'm sure, who needed a place to come in out of the cold. I don't think they meant any real harm. They drank a bottle of wine left by husband and I last time as a gift, and ate some food, and stole an old vcr to sell. That was it, with the damage to the door of getting in.

That said, it's worrying that young women are being targeted. There seem to be so many people around in most parts of MB, it's a wonder these perps are so bold.

I really pray that this has a happy ending, but no matter what, my heart and prayers to the young woman's family. It must be hard on them, too, being states away, to wait and wonder.

Oh Fyrecat, I am so sorry. Whether or not she is blood of your blood or bone of your bone, she is still miraculously your own. (this is how I felt about my former students, I considered them 'my kids' while they were with me as I am a nurturing soul.)

You must be frantic to know she is safe somewhere. I hope and pray you hear good news soon. (((Hugs)))

wm

Good morning Britt! Good morning sleuths!

Fyrecat, please keep us updated about this young girl you are searching for. I am glad she has at least you who care about her and are trying to help her.

This thing about teens thinking they already know everything always makes me think about something that happened to a boy when I was in high school (back in the late 60's). It was "Senior Skip School Day" and the seniors were allowed to leave school after they finished their practicing for graduation ceremony. There is a huge lake about an hour's drive from where we live. There was this boy'(I'll call him Frank) who was a junior, but he had a lot of friends in the senior class. So on this "skip school day", Frank's mom sees him off to school, and thinks that is where he is. Little does she know, but Frank decided to skip school with some of his senior buddies and they all went to this lake to "celebrate". Frank drowned that day. My mother never allowed me or my sister to go to this lake and I never did (even before this happened). I have always tried to impress upon my own daughter that if you say you are going to be somewhere, that is where you need to be, and have been known to tell this sad story a time or two to drive home the point. I did not know "Frank" personally, but do remember his smiling face at the local rollerskating rink and remember him as a sweet and respectful young guy and have thought about how that decision cost him his life and how tragic it was for his mother to get this news, thinking he was in school. Guess attending my high school reunion this summer also brought back this memory too. People think their children will always tell them everything and unfortunately, we all know that is not always the case. Never say never when you think your child will always be truthful. Peer pressure is even worse today and back then I doubt they even had a name for it. Most of the time, a tragedy does not occur, but when it does, oh how tragic it can be.

Back on topic, I am hopeful that as they say "no news is good news" that maybe something is brewing in BD's case with the "Taylor" hearing not seeming to even take place and maybe he has spoken up and told whatever he may know (if anything) that can lead to some arrests and answers. Gotta keep the faith and keep praying for answers for Brittanee and her family.

From a press release:

The Secret Journey: Premieres Monday, October 4 at 10 PM

Known for her quick smile and lightning speed on the soccer field, 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel from Rochester, N.Y., slipped off to spring break vacation in Myrtle Beach, S.C., without the consent or knowledge of her parents. On April 25, 2009, the night before she was supposed to come home, Drexel disappears. Video surveillance shows Drexel exiting a friend's hotel and her last known communication is a text to her boyfriend. But when police track her cell phone to an isolated rural area known for alligators and swamps, her family fears the worst.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/...n-of-the-hit-series-disappeared/20100916id01/

Hope you all get the chance to watch and support our Britty. I also hope this gets her story out to some ears who have answers!!!!

This story has Britt in it from Georgetown,,

Local Police/dogs descend on Georgetown
Published Thursday, September 16, 2010 11:56 PM
Email Story
Printable Version
Discuss

GEORGETOWN, S.C. — Law enforcement officers and their dogs from different areas of the country were in Georgetown this week for an intense police dog training session.

The four-day training was put together by Merrills Investigation Security Search which recently opened an office on the Waccamaw Neck.

It’s the same company that has devoted hundreds of hours and tens of thousands of dollars in the search for missing New York teen Brittannee Drexel up and down the Grand Strand.

http://www.gtowntimes.com/local/Police-dogs-descend-on-Georgetown

This story has Britt in it from Georgetown,,

Local Police/dogs descend on Georgetown
Published Thursday, September 16, 2010 11:56 PM
Email Story
Printable Version
Discuss

GEORGETOWN, S.C. — Law enforcement officers and their dogs from different areas of the country were in Georgetown this week for an intense police dog training session.

The four-day training was put together by Merrills Investigation Security Search which recently opened an office on the Waccamaw Neck.

It’s the same company that has devoted hundreds of hours and tens of thousands of dollars in the search for missing New York teen Brittannee Drexel up and down the Grand Strand.

http://www.gtowntimes.com/local/Police-dogs-descend-on-Georgetown

Awesome news, RoseC! I feel the greater the presence of LEA's in GT area,
that it will send a message to the Tclan and other evil doers in the area that SLED is not messing around. I just wish for these nonsense crimes and missing women cases in coastal SC to come to an end.

I also wish for answers about what happened to Brittanee Marie Drexel. We are one day closer to answers. I'm sending prayers and positive vibes to Britt's family. The last media links were encouraging so maybe somethings a brewin' behind the scenes.

Moo.....wm

Like Lindsay always says, we are one day closer to answers for our Brittanee. Bumping for Brittanee.

Bump for Brit no way is she going to page 2

I get the concept of keeping the thread alive, but is it really fair to other victims that people just "bump" with no info or update at all? There is a reason threads move. If there is legitimate content being added to the thread it will stay to the top.

edited for typo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member