Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see anything else either; just hoped maybe since there were 3 reports on it.

No we havnt heard anything about that, and i check all our local newspapers but i do not see any news for it,,most times if police get these types calls and they go and check it out if dont pan out news never hits streets etc so im not sure if it was real news story or any details etc,,,

Sun Newspaper has piece of attemt kidnapping, not sure if this one that we talk about??

Myrtle Beach police investigate attempted kidnapping

A 19-year-old woman told police a man tried to kidnap her after he gave her a ride to Broadway at the Beach, according to a Myrtle Beach police report.

The woman, who is from Russia, told police she was walking along 21st Avenue North near Oak Street when the man drove up and offered her a ride about 4 p.m. Thursday, police said. The woman said she was reluctant to go with the man, but decided to get in the vehicle with him.

Read more: http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/09/13/1691485/myrtle-beach-police-investigate.html#ixzz0zQghpGsk

Hi:

This is slightly off topic. I wanted to post this as I now have first hand experience regarding predators.

I live in a very small community, population 3000. I have always felt safe here until this past Friday night. I was walking down the road at 9:30 at night to go to the local store, which is only about two blocks away.

It was rather dark, no moon, no traffic, no people. I noticed this small red car kept going by around the block, it then parked some distance ahead of me behind three vehicles, this being on the side of the road I am on next to the sidewalk. The lights were left on full beam, blinding.

As I approach the car he sped away, circles again then comes up behind me and parks behind the parked cars facing in the wrong direction. At this point I am in panic mode, I then hear the car creeping behind me, lights off this time.

I finally reach the store and am in the process of relaying this to the owner when the car does a u-turn right in front of the store and speeds away. He may have wondered where I disappeared too as the road is curved then goes down a hill alongside some bush to the main part of town, which is shut down at this time of night.

I reported this to the police and they sent out a patrol, however, I was unable to get a license plate number and only caught a glimpse of the driver. This incident has really shaken me and I have been unable to leave my house for the past few days and will never walk alone at night again. Even though nothing happened I feel violated. I want to find this freak before he does harm someone if he hasn't already.

That is really scary! I'm glad you were able to get into a store safely. Although nothing happened, at least now you're aware of potential problems which will hopefully keep you safe in the future and I'm sure you'll spread the word. Might even be good to see if a local newspaper wants to do a piece or write a letter to the editor to get the word out.

Best wishes.

I'm so happy to see that you all keep Brittanee right where she belongs even when I have a busy busy day. I never have a problem finding her.

Rose - thanks for the article about the Albany church. I wonder how close it is to me and if they have some time of affiliation with her or are just being nice. (I haven't read the article yet)

Thyme - thank you for sharing your experience! I'm sorry this happened to you, but so glad you are OK. Hopefully the creep is found.

Our Charleston newspaper has good article on reward money plus cpt Capp says they no the suspects live in Georgetown and Charleston they feel it be solve soon,,heres link

Suspects in the teen's disappearance live in Georgetown and Charleston, said Myrtle Beach Police Lt. Chuck Capp. A task force of local, state and federal law enforcement meets about every two weeks to review the evidence. "There is progress being made. I feel very confident that the case will be solved," Capp said.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2010/sep/13/church-adds-5000-to-drexel-case-reward/

Here is an article from carolinalive.com

Police look into kidnapping attempt at Broadway at the Beach
by Continuous News Desk
Posted: 09.13.2010 at 4:02 PMsavesendprint
Continuous News Desk

Myrtle Beach police are investigating a report of an attempted kidnapping last Thursday at Broadway at the Beach.

A woman told police she was walking on 21st Avenue North near Oak Street when a man parked at a bank parking lot asked her if she wanted a ride.

The woman told the man she wanted to go to Hard Rock Cafe to eat and got into his gold/tan 4-door Chevy. She wasn't sure of the model.

The woman told police once they got to Broadway, the man drove around the outside loop several times. She said the man told her he was married with three kids and he worked in construction, including several building projects at Broadway.

The woman told police the man then pulled into a parking space in front of Hard Rock Cafe, she got out and the man got out with her to give her a hug.

The woman said the man then put his hand over her mouth and tried to force her back into the car.

A witness heard the woman screaming and told police he saw the woman being forced into the car.

The man then took off in his car.

The man is described as white, 5'6", 220 pounds, dark brown hair with gray, missing two bottom teeth on the right side. The man was clean shaven and was between 37 and 40 years old. He was wearing a silver colored wedding band

Five-six and 220 lbs. I would think someone this size would have to get someone to enter his car if he were planning on kidnapping them. I'm not trying to be rude or funny, but I don't think that Britt would have gotten into a car with a man like the one described. I think whoever took her was outside their vehicle with possibly someone else driving the getaway car.
Scary for this young lady but hopefully she won't be accepting rides from strangers anymore.

Good morning all! Thanks for all the updates.

I am especially encouraged by Lt. Capps statement in the article posted by RoseC.

~snipped~

"There is progress being made. I feel very confident that the case will be solved," Capp said.

We're one day closer to finding you Britt!

wm

Our Charleston newspaper has good article on reward money plus cpt Capp says they no the suspects live in Georgetown and Charleston they feel it be solve soon,,heres link

Suspects in the teen's disappearance live in Georgetown and Charleston, said Myrtle Beach Police Lt. Chuck Capp. A task force of local, state and federal law enforcement meets about every two weeks to review the evidence. "There is progress being made. I feel very confident that the case will be solved," Capp said.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2010/sep/13/church-adds-5000-to-drexel-case-reward/

Bolded by me. The word "suspects" in this article sort of jumped out at me. Am I losing it (possibly) but am I the only one who thinks this is the first time we have seen the "persons of interest" now being referred to as "suspects"?

On another topic, not trying to dredge up old news or conversations, but maybe I have watched too many TV mystery or investivative reports, but when the disappearance first occurred, why wouldn't LE or any detectives do a "luminol" test for blood in the hotel rooms where Brittanee stayed or visited or at the very least, the boys' and even the girls' cars (the so-called friends she went with or visited while at MB)? All my opinion here, but do they have to have an actual body before they can get a search warrant to do these kinds of tests? I know the evidence does not really point to something occurring in any of the hotel rooms, but they have nothing else really, so why not do these tests to start ruling things out?

Bolded by me. The word "suspects" in this article sort of jumped out at me. Am I losing it (possibly) but am I the only one who thinks this is the first time we have seen the "persons of interest" now being referred to as "suspects"?

On another topic, not trying to dredge up old news or conversations, but maybe I have watched too many TV mystery or investivative reports, but when the disappearance first occurred, why wouldn't LE or any detectives do a "luminol" test for blood in the hotel rooms where Brittanee stayed or visited or at the very least, the boys' and even the girls' cars (the so-called friends she went with or visited while at MB)? All my opinion here, but do they have to have an actual body before they can get a search warrant to do these kinds of tests? I know the evidence does not really point to something occurring in any of the hotel rooms, but they have nothing else really, so why not do these tests to start ruling things out?

I noticed it too Strawberry. It's interesting that they are now calling them suspects since ST's arrest. I hope he's telling what he knows about Britt's disappearance. LE has some leverage with him since RM fingered him in the lineup. His hearing mysteriously didn't happen so I wonder what's up with that!

This is Moo but didn't LE think Britt was a runaway at first? If this is the case then they wouldn't have had probable cause to do the tests would they? And I feel sure the hotel had already rented the rooms for the next day since they weren't considering it a crime scene at the time. Looks like LE would have at least checked out the rooms tho. Like I said this is all JMO because I don't really know how LE handles missing persons reports. Also, didn't the boys go to the police station to file the report?

wm

I noticed it too Strawberry Also, didn't the boys go to the police station to file the report?

wm

No the boys did not go to le file report (not sure which boys you talking of? PB group?) if so no they hit road home wouldnt talk except over phone,,,,,,JH filed police report on behalf of DD,

Im thinking that ST maybe told LE somethings and he hold off for deal,he tell but wants other charges dropped(MOO) i got bad feeling the Rivers guy thats in T clan is involed (which Rivers serving time for rape of another girl) i had hoped by now we got answers but something or someone is holding off((MOO)

Strawberry______ on why didnt le check rooms for blood etc,well first few weeks they thought bd was a runaway,and le was so mixed up with diff info there were getting,alot of time was wasted due lack of info and etc,,,,was screwd up mess at the beginning,,,

Thinking about Brittanee and hoping LE makes progress in her case =(

WM and Rose, okay you are both right on this. It is all coming back to me now. Yes in the beginning because someone mentioned she could be "depressed" they started immediately treating this as a runaway. Also, I guess technically she may have been a runaway since her mother did not give her permission to go and she went anyway, but her mother and close friends knew better right from the get-go and that should have been enough for LE to change their theory (again IMO). And, as we all know, she was in contact with her mother up until a certain time so she had definite plans to go home and was not planning to just go and not come back. Valuable time was definitely lost due to that assumption (IMO). Of course the depression part was probably not the only reason LE decided to first go with the runaway theory. I wish there could be a national alert system for even adults when they go missing like the current Ambert alert system. In my opinion, even if it saves one life, it would be worth the expense involved. (I say this though not knowing how expensive it would be, but how do you put a price on someone's loved one when they are in grave danger? Part of this huge problem is unfortunately due to lack of money and manpower to devote to each and every possible missing person report (trying to rethink the answer to my own question here).

http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=97959&catid=2

Church Offers Reward for Brittanee Drexel
Tony Santaella Created: 9/14/2010 7:58:23 AM Updated: 9/14/2010 8:04:26 AM
CHARLESTON, SC (AP) -- A New York church is offering a $5,000 reward for information about a teen missing in South Carolina for more than a year.

(Please forgive some of the posters on WLTX, they are lacking in manners sometimes)

No the boys did not go to le file report (not sure which boys you talking of? PB group?) if so no they hit road home wouldnt talk except over phone,,,,,,JH filed police report on behalf of DD,

Im thinking that ST maybe told LE somethings and he hold off for deal,he tell but wants other charges dropped(MOO) i got bad feeling the Rivers guy thats in T clan is involed (which Rivers serving time for rape of another girl) i had hoped by now we got answers but something or someone is holding off((MOO)

Strawberry______ on why didnt le check rooms for blood etc,well first few weeks they thought bd was a runaway,and le was so mixed up with diff info there were getting,alot of time was wasted due lack of info and etc,,,,was screwd up mess at the beginning,,,

RoseC, Thanks for refreshing my memory on this. Yes I was talking about PB group because IIRC, I read a police report with their names, but it was prolly just naming the last people who were in that room to see Brittanee.

Ya! I have a bad feeling about the Rivers guy being involved with Britt's disappearance too. He sounds like a bad, bad dude who's evil to the core.
Do you know if we have a mug shot of him? I'd like to see his pic.
I am hoping that if he did this to Britt, and the T clan knows what happened, that Tclan will feel ok to talk to LE now that he's incarcerated. For how long will he be locked up?

It sure sounds like LE is moving forward in a very complicated case. I am glad that Capt Kin(?) from sled was brought into the case. I feel regret for my previous post expressing my frustration with MBPD. It sounds like they are very much involved per the above artilcle.

Thank you so much for all your help and info!

MOO

wm

BTW..Kudos to that church that gave reward money. It can only help and keep up public awareness of Britt's case. Bless them form the bottom of my heart!

Britt, I've never met you, but there sure alot of peeps who love and care about you and want to bring you home. We're one day closer, that's my mantra.

Feeling a little more hopeful today.

"Suspects" has to be a good sign...right? Goodnight all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo