Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the battery could have died. They may be looking in the wrong state all together! I honestly think our best bet it's to identify make and models of any vehicles on the traffic cam who would have surely passed her.

Powerful letter by Dawn alot of information we didn't know. I clipped only a portion below use link for full article/letter.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/19661119/brittanee-drexels-mother-demands-answers

Brittanee Drexel's mother demands answers
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 9:00 PM EDT
Updated: Sep 27, 2012 9:26 PM EDT
By Sean Maginnis - email
MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF)The mother of missing New York teen Brittanee Drexel issued a letter to WMBF News Thursday night, questioning whether the people who saw her last told police everything they know.

Dawn Drexel's letter can be read in its entirety below:

"Please share my announcement in honor of my daughter in what should have been her 21st Birthday….

This letter is being written concerning information that I am aware of that surrounds the disappearance of Brittanee Drexel whom went missing in Myrtle Beach SC. The past three years have been a heart wrenching experience and I know someone has knowledge of what happened to my daughter.

Happy birthday, Brittanee.
Please come home to your mama. Show someone where you are.

Powerful letter by Dawn alot of information we didn't know. I clipped only a portion below use link for full article/letter.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/19661119/brittanee-drexels-mother-demands-answers

Brittanee Drexel's mother demands answers
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 9:00 PM EDT
Updated: Sep 27, 2012 9:26 PM EDT
By Sean Maginnis - email
MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF)The mother of missing New York teen Brittanee Drexel issued a letter to WMBF News Thursday night, questioning whether the people who saw her last told police everything they know.

Dawn Drexel's letter can be read in its entirety below:

"Please share my announcement in honor of my daughter in what should have been her 21st Birthday….

This letter is being written concerning information that I am aware of that surrounds the disappearance of Brittanee Drexel whom went missing in Myrtle Beach SC. The past three years have been a heart wrenching experience and I know someone has knowledge of what happened to my daughter.

Wow. How incredibly sad is that? I feel so bad for Dawn and her family. It must be torture to live her life with so much uncertainty. How does any mother survive that? I don't know if I would (or could). God bless them and Brittanee.

I bolded and underlined parts of the letter that jumped out at me. Is it possibly when Brittanee went to the pool someone saw her out there or she planned to get a ride with someone there? The 2nd is that Dawn also doesn't believe times add up for the game the boys said they were watching. I think Dawn is sick of not getting answers... she should start letting out all the facts maybe someone will speak up.

I later found out that the girls in this group of people treated my daughter poorly and by Brittanee's text messages to her then boyfriend revealed how miserable she really was, Brittanee was also packed that day to leave. My daughter in well lit streets packed with beach vacationers from all over walked from the Bar Harbor to the Blue Water to get a pair of shoes she had left in a vehicle earlier that day. While walking, text messages rung in from Jenn wanting her shorts returned for the outing planned that night. Then there is the infamous camera shot of my daughter entering the Blue Water and exiting, never to be seen or heard from again. My question is when she entered she went to the right, but the elevators were on the left? That has always bothered me because the only thing to the right is the hotel pool area.

Another item that has me concerned is supposedly my daughter went to the sixth floor to retrieve her shoes and that witnesses advised early in the investigation that they were watching the Red Sox Game and eating, but later I found out the game began at 4:10 pm that day ending at 7:45pm this was way before my daughter went there. They claimed that was factual because Brittanee grabbed some food off a plate of an individual there. Brittanee was seen on the street camera in route to the Blue Water and the times just do not match up, period

I feel horrible for her family. I have thought many times that maybe she was kidnapped and put into a human trafficking ring, just like Dawn has mentioned in her article.

I also makes me sick knowing that the people she traveled with to Myrtle have been no help. I don't know how they can live with themselves, especially if they know more than they are saying.

A letter from Dawn Drexel....

http://www.walb.com/story/19661119/brittanee-drexels-mother-demands-answers

Snipped:

The others who Brittanee rode with were still there, leaving two days later upon my arrival, but they only stayed that long due to the police questioning them. Not one person that was with my daughter helped me in any way, not one of them ever contacted me with concern or offered to any help, and not any of the parents of these people to this day have reached out to help or console me in my grief. It was and still remains a hard thing for me to understand, most human beings have compassion for a total stranger, but not this group!

The others who Brittanee rode with were still there, leaving two days later upon my arrival, but they only stayed that long due to the police questioning them. Not one person that was with my daughter helped me in any way, not one of them ever contacted me with concern or offered to any help, and not any of the parents of these people to this day have reached out to help or console me in my grief. It was and still remains a hard thing for me to understand, most human beings have compassion for a total stranger, but not this group!

This speaks volumes. This group has to know what happened. Even if I really, really disliked someone I would assist for their search if they went missing and would be worried for them. This is not normal behavior.

Happy Birthday, Brittanee!! Praying for answers for your loving family. They have been through hell and back over the years, but it's so encouraging to see them move forward & help other families with missing persons, all the while still searching for your safe return.. Or searching for answers period.

Dawn's letter is absolutely heartbreaking.. yet so informative at the same time. I find the point about her returning to retrieve a pair of shoes interesting to say the least. Why were her shoes there to begin with? Dawn says initially in that letter that she was going to retrieve the pair of shoes from a vehicle.. then it says that she went to the sixth floor to get the shoes. Were there two separate pairs, and who's vehicle would she have left shoes in? PB's? I'd like to think that if by chance or for any reason at all that if Brittanee WAS in a vehicle with him at one point earlier in the trip, she would have taken him up on the supposed offer to give her a ride back to the bar harbor hotel.

Also, she says that when entering, she goes to the right instead of the left, heading towards the pool area.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJAckeQwdGE
This is a video I found on YouTube. Just someone who has filmed the drive of the entire strip of Ocean Boulevard. I wanted to share because I know that some of you aren't familiar with that area, or you can't really get a mental image of what the surroundings look like. At 8:40, you will see the Bar Harbor hotel. At about 10:34, you will see the Super 8 motel on the left hand side of the road which is what we believe was the location of the traffic camera. Lots of abandoned hotels & parking lots on that side of the road. At approximately 12:20, you will see the sign on the left hand side of the road for the BlueWater resort. This video will give you an estimate of the traffic (foot & vehicle traffic) volume throughout her walk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2g0YpqTfdY&feature=fvsr

Next, here is another video I dug up on Youtube- around 1:49, you can see some of the parking lot and pool area..not the best footage, but it's something. This video can be compared with Dawn's statement of Brittanee entering the hotel and apparently going toward what is said to have been the pool area.
However, even if she did go to the pool first for whatever reason, surveillance shows her leaving like she's going back to her hotel. It's not like she went to the pool and was never seen again. The only circumstance that I would find relevant to that statement would be that maybe she spoke with PB on the way there, and he possibly could have just said "hey, we're at the pool, come meet us here", therefore ruining the Red Sox game story that they told law enforcement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL9qpYAN6Ks
Last- this is a short video that shows us the environment/set up of some of club kryptonite. Brace yourselves before watching, though.. I felt a little sick to the stomach after watching due to all of the bumping and grinding by everyone there.

and one more thing- I wonder what kind of remark was made toward the BW resort staff to that caused them to be kicked out? Why wasn't this information given from the beginning?? For the last three years, we've heard their reasoning as whoever's mom "made them come back home" At 1:00 AM instead. of just waiting until the next morning, And the fact that Dawn attempted to contact him numerous times that night, and they decided they needed to leave less than 2 hours later is so suspicious.

My question is this- If the boys checked out at 1AM, that means they were still in Myrtle Beach at 1AM. Brittanee's last activity on the phone was around 11 something. So, lets say hypothetically PB & friends did play a part in her disappearance, that would leave them about an hour and a half window of opportunity to head towards Georgetown and then all the way back to MB, not to mention they had to pack all of their clothes and other belongings before checking out.. Would this have been enough time for any of them to potentially harm Brittanee?

Christina691
Fantastic posts, thank you for the information.

The only thing I would pick up on is that when you are saying hypothetically that PB and friends had an hour and a half, they didn't.

BD last activity was 8.58 by phone and her phone was tracked south from around that time (give or take 10 minutes)
That would give the PB and Friends group, around 4 hours to potentially harm BD, before someone discarded the cell phone in the Pole Yard area at 11.58pm This would still leave an hour to return to MB which would be achievable at that time of evening.

Do we know of any confirmed sightings of PB and friends in MB between 9pm and 1am?
We dont know if LE checked PB and friends cell phone records, that would implicate or eliminate them without doubt.

Its possible that PB or one of the group followed BD out and picked her up down the road, she would have got in the vehicle willingly as she would have known them, therefore not raising any alarms with passers by.
I have always struggled with Pole Yard as being the area, for me, a local would not go to such an easily accesible place, they would go somewhere more secluded, but if you were not local, you would take the obvious choice most probably in my opinion

DD is calling out PB and the girls that Brittanee was with. Hopefully this will put pressure on not just those kids, but anyone they may have spoken to as well as their parents. Praying this get results.

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S2781577.shtml?cat=565

DD was also on Wease this morning. IDK if interview may go up on his website later today?

ETA: oops.....you guys were already on this yesterday...you are all awesome!

DD said the guys in the room where watching a football game from 4ish to 7:45. and this was what was going on when BD came over because she ate some food off their plates. However DD says that BD came over later. What time did BD come to the hotel? If this time period is so off, then why hasn't LE asked them about it?

Christina691
Fantastic posts, thank you for the information.

The only thing I would pick up on is that when you are saying hypothetically that PB and friends had an hour and a half, they didn't.

BD last activity was 8.58 by phone and her phone was tracked south from around that time (give or take 10 minutes)
That would give the PB and Friends group, around 4 hours to potentially harm BD, before someone discarded the cell phone in the Pole Yard area at 11.58pm This would still leave an hour to return to MB which would be achievable at that time of evening.

Do we know of any confirmed sightings of PB and friends in MB between 9pm and 1am?
We dont know if LE checked PB and friends cell phone records, that would implicate or eliminate them without doubt.

Its possible that PB or one of the group followed BD out and picked her up down the road, she would have got in the vehicle willingly as she would have known them, therefore not raising any alarms with passers by.
I have always struggled with Pole Yard as being the area, for me, a local would not go to such an easily accesible place, they would go somewhere more secluded, but if you were not local, you would take the obvious choice most probably in my opinion

On this one point I have to disagree. As you know, I spent a lot of time down there and while Pole Yard Landing is somewhat visible from the road, there are other places very close by that are not. There's a road under one of the bridges that's on the side heading south where it leads to the water. You can only go in so far by car and then it's very secluded. I don't think Pole Yard is an exact location, just the closest landmark shown by the pings. I would also think that a local would be the most logical to go down there. I've lived here for twenty years and never noticed it, so a tourist would be even less likely to know about those spots. There are plenty of places in Myrtle Beach to dispose of someone without the risk of driving all that way. It's JMO, but I think someone familiar with the area would use that spot. That's not to say that one or more of the kids didn't know about it from previous visits. Didn't one of them reside somewhere just south of Myrtle Beach at one time?

oh, and I love how the boys reassured LE that they had nothing to do with BD's disappearance by mentioning the fact that Brittanee ate some food off of their plate. She ate food off of one of their plates that night, so they couldn't have possibly done anything to harm Brittanee! ......sarcasm, of course. What a joke. What does that even have to do with anything?? It's completely irrelevant to the situation.

& since we've been informed she made the trip to their hotel to get the shoes, there's still one question kind of lingering around in my mind.. When she's leaving the resort to go back, there are no shoes in her hands!! I suppose that since we can see she's carrying a medium-sized bag, so it's possible that she could have put them in the bag while she was walking back to the hotel..but I just thought I'd throw that one out there!

On this one point I have to disagree. As you know, I spent a lot of time down there and while Pole Yard Landing is somewhat visible from the road, there are other places very close by that are not. There's a road under one of the bridges that's on the side heading south where it leads to the water. You can only go in so far by car and then it's very secluded. I don't think Pole Yard is an exact location, just the closest landmark shown by the pings. I would also think that a local would be the most logical to go down there. I've lived here for twenty years and never noticed it, so a tourist would be even less likely to know about those spots. There are plenty of places in Myrtle Beach to dispose of someone without the risk of driving all that way. It's JMO, but I think someone familiar with the area would use that spot. That's not to say that one or more of the kids didn't know about it from previous visits. Didn't one of them reside somewhere just south of Myrtle Beach at one time?

I bow to your local knowledge of course, but, from what we can find out about the tower pings, the tower that last pinged is south of the river towards McClellanville almost 4 miles south of the Pole Yard.

Therefore, there has to be a reason why LE specified Pole Yard and not lets say Hampton Island or Old Georgetown Road for example or the area where a previous POI (TST) lived, (the Tower incidentally is within half a mile of his location)
SO, all that being said, I am guessing that LE have narrowed the area down to Pole Yard by some way of triangulating as Farmhand said or maybe being able to measure the time taken for the pings etc.

Your point is a good one though, when I think about it, if I was driving south on i17 and didnt know the area I would have thrown the phone on the bridge near to Georgetown because I wouldnt know when there would be a better opportunity to lose it.

DD said the guys in the room where watching a football game from 4ish to 7:45. and this was what was going on when BD came over because she ate some food off their plates. However DD says that BD came over later. What time did BD come to the hotel? If this time period is so off, then why hasn't LE asked them about it?

This was looked at earlier in the thread, it seems that the game started at 4.10pm and lasted 4 hours and 21 minutes, so if the TV showed all the game, that would mean the game finished at 8.31pm.
I'm not from the USA and dont follow Baseball but I would guess that the TV coverage would last a little longer than the actual game to show edits and interviews so it could be later than 8.31pm.

Christina691 makes an interesting point though, regarding the shoes, could it be possible that the shoes were in the vehicle and BD didnt turn down the offer of a ride back to her hotel, just that she was meeting the guy in the car at the front of the hotel or something?

This was looked at earlier in the thread, it seems that the game started at 4.10pm and lasted 4 hours and 21 minutes, so if the TV showed all the game, that would mean the game finished at 8.31pm.
I'm not from the USA and dont follow Baseball but I would guess that the TV coverage would last a little longer than the actual game to show edits and interviews so it could be later than 8.31pm.

Christina691 makes an interesting point though, regarding the shoes, could it be possible that the shoes were in the vehicle and BD didnt turn down the offer of a ride back to her hotel, just that she was meeting the guy in the car at the front of the hotel or something?

I apologize. I have been aware of Brittanee's case since she went missing since I am from the Carolinas and kept up with it in the news but I am new to her case on WS. I see we are on thread 15, I'm a med student so forgive me for not having the time to go read all the threads! :/ What time did Brittanee make it to the hotel on the cameras and what time did she leave? Her mother says that the times are not within the baseball game times.

That letter Dawn wrote was heart wrenching. I hope the group reads it and please please reach out to Dawn. She doesn't want to get anyone in trouble she just wants to know what happened. I don't understand this group!!! I'm worried this group offered up Brittanee for money to someone for sex slavery. Maybe these girls knew she was at the hotel and they knew she was headed back to return the shorts and they came via their car and took her somewhere else and they were mean girls and harmed her.
Was there DNA or any evidence of Brittanee at the hotel they checked out that I saw pics of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95