Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Dawn said Brittanee went to Bluewater to get her shoes she left in one of the cars, could Brittanee have left and met one of the boys out back to get the shoes out of their car in the parking lot. Then either one of the boys or a stranger abducted her from the parking lot. This would make more sense why no one saw anything from the street.

I apologize. I have been aware of Brittanee's case since she went missing since I am from the Carolinas and kept up with it in the news but I am new to her case on WS. I see we are on thread 15, I'm a med student so forgive me for not having the time to go read all the threads! :/ What time did Brittanee make it to the hotel on the cameras and what time did she leave? Her mother says that the times are not within the baseball game times.

BD walked by the traffic cam at 8:15 pm. The traffic cam is located at the intersection of 11th Avenue South and South Ocean Boulevard. The distance from this location to the Bluewater Resort is approximately .66 miles. The time stamp on the photo of her entering the Bluewater Resort is 7:55 pm (see below). The time stamp is at the bottom of both photos. The time stamp on the photo of her exit is 8:13 pm (see below). In the video posted below at :44 she is recorded walking to the Bluewater Resort at 20:15 which is military time for 8:15 pm. Obviously the time stamp on either the traffic cam or the Bluewater Resort is incorrect. If you watch the Investigation Discovery show on BD one of the detectives states she left the Bluewater Resort at 8:48 pm. I am guessing LE also realized the time stamp on the Bluewater Resort camera was incorrect and corrected it. So if BD did leave the Bluewater Resort at 8:48 pm and the time stamp on the photo is 8:13 pm it is 35 minutes off. If you correct the entrance photo which shows the time to be 7:55 pm by 35 minutes the corrected time would be 8:30 pm. Her last text was at 8:58 pm so there is a gap of 10 minutes where she was either walking back to her hotel or she could have been hanging out in a parking lot getting some shoes as has been suggested. As Fabgod has stated the baseball game between the Red Sox and Yankees that was being watched lasted until around 8:31 pm. I had read in this forum the location of the traffic cam was at 11th Avenue South and I went looking for it and found it via Google Maps. It is on a second floor ledge of the Quality Inn and Suites near the palm tree. Check out post #519 to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kkMglrcK1J4#!

1.jpg

2.jpg

I bow to your local knowledge of course, but, from what we can find out about the tower pings, the tower that last pinged is south of the river towards McClellanville almost 4 miles south of the Pole Yard.

Therefore, there has to be a reason why LE specified Pole Yard and not lets say Hampton Island or Old Georgetown Road for example or the area where a previous POI (TST) lived, (the Tower incidentally is within half a mile of his location)
SO, all that being said, I am guessing that LE have narrowed the area down to Pole Yard by some way of triangulating as Farmhand said or maybe being able to measure the time taken for the pings etc.

Your point is a good one though, when I think about it, if I was driving south on i17 and didnt know the area I would have thrown the phone on the bridge near to Georgetown because I wouldnt know when there would be a better opportunity to lose it.

Bowing back--LOL I was speaking more of the local vs. tourist thing. Even if Pole Yard was targeted by LE it's still a possible place where you could do things without being seen. It's right under the bridge and if you go up the river a bit there's a dock where they performed a search. Pole Yard , as far as a tourist just coming upon it, doesn't make sense to me. It's a small "driveway" right off of 17 that I never even noticed before I started looking down there. Just sayin' IMO a tourist could find about 100 other easier places to hide someone rather than driving into an unknown county. A local would know about the gators,the swamps, the little "off the beaten track" paths, etc. Like I said, it could be someone who has been here enough times to be familiar with it, so that doesn't eliminate anyone that was here previously.

If Brittanee was indeed going to pick up shoes, did she get them? Wouldn't a description of this other pair of shoes have been helpful in case someone came across them while looking for her?

I think it is still an even toss up between whether this was random and completely coincidental that she was with some shady people, or that there is no coincidence at all and one or more of those people is directly involved. I think they are terrible excuses for friends, at the veryyy least. I just don't understand, even if they ARE involved, how they could not even pretend to care for a minute? Dawn's letter was heartbreaking, and I reached out to her, as I have a couple times prior, to remind her that for every one of those selfish excuses for human beings, there are ten others out there who are still looking for Brit, still praying and hoping, and racking their brains for all the possibilities...they say it is a small world, but it isn't small enough if we still have our children missing. Someone somewhere knows something, whether it is the people she was with, or someone else. Someone needs to come forward NOW and give this poor woman some peace of mind.

Happy 21st Brit <3

I think it is still an even toss up between whether this was random and completely coincidental that she was with some shady people, or that there is no coincidence at all and one or more of those people is directly involved. I think they are terrible excuses for friends, at the veryyy least. I just don't understand, even if they ARE involved, how they could not even pretend to care for a minute? Dawn's letter was heartbreaking, and I reached out to her, as I have a couple times prior, to remind her that for every one of those selfish excuses for human beings, there are ten others out there who are still looking for Brit, still praying and hoping, and racking their brains for all the possibilities...they say it is a small world, but it isn't small enough if we still have our children missing. Someone somewhere knows something, whether it is the people she was with, or someone else. Someone needs to come forward NOW and give this poor woman some peace of mind.

Happy 21st Brit <3

You said that beautifully.

I was glad to hear Dawn say more searches were coming up there hasn't been any for a while at least none that were made public.

snipped from article;

Dawn is going to Myrtle Beach next week for Brittanee's birthday. There will be a candlelight vigil at her tree there. She says there are upcoming searches planned

Since Dawn said Brittanee went to Bluewater to get her shoes she left in one of the cars, could Brittanee have left and met one of the boys out back to get the shoes out of their car in the parking lot. Then either one of the boys or a stranger abducted her from the parking lot. This would make more sense why no one saw anything from the street.

That is an excellent point!! The parking lot is quite a ways back from the strip itself, so it would be harder to see anything going on from Ocean Boulevard. Dawn mentions first that Brittanee was going to get the shoes from the vehicle. She states that she was then informed that she actually had to go to the sixth floor to get the shoes. IF Peter did in fact offer the ride home to Brittanee and accepted the offer (even though he says she supposedly declined), she exits the building from the main lobby.. Wouldn't Peter & his friends have to exit out that same way, thus placing them on this surveillance camera leaving? If there was a back way around the hotel to get to the parking lot, they could have went that way I suppose.. but I'm not sure that there it another route around the building that could allow you to get to the parking lot. So, lets say that they meet at the car in the parking lot and say they're taking her back to the other hotel, when really something different is about to happen that Brittanee has no control over now since she's already inside the car.. We would still be left with all of the questions regarding the phone records since no information has been released about any of the other kid's records other than Brittanees. In this case, those records would either clear them of any involvement or incriminate them as the prime suspects. & From the way Dawn is talking, IMO I feel like she still has information that is so valuable that it cannot be released to the public because it could possibly jeopardize the entire case itself. Maybe she knows information regarding the other kids phone records that can't be released to the public, and maybe that's why she's so set on the fact of believing PB had something to do with it? Everything else fits right into place, the changing stories, leaving unexpectedly after she disappeared, etc.. but that one last puzzle piece being the phone records holds majority of our answers that we don't have at the moment, and sometimes I fear that we'll never be able to find that piece.

Where are the cameras around this place?! Every hotel/resort I've ever stayed in has cameras everywhere... elevators, pool, parking lot, on all the different floors.... I don't know of any modern day hotel without cameras around the property.. Did the boys stay in the room and pack that night, did they go out? What were they doing in the last hours right before/during the time she disappeared?

Like I said, the parking lot kind of far back. Maybe Brittanee met someone during the first day or two she was there (a boy) at the club or where, and maybe just by some crazy coincidence that same person was in that area where she was last seen? Maybe stopped and offered to take her back to her hotel? I just don't even know anymore. After finding out about that other kid she met while she was there who she was hanging out with even though he was a stranger, there's no telling who/what she ran into that night :(

oh my gosh, you guys need to watch this video if you haven't.. It's an interview with Dawn about the letter from one of the local news stations. Towards the end of the video, they say the news station contacted PB's attorney (who now no longer represents PB), and he said that &#8220;If Dawn believes he knows more, she's hallucinating,&#8221; Parrinello said. &#8220;[Brozowitz] cooperated to the fullest extent with police. He knows nothing more.&#8221;

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S2781577.shtml?cat=565

How disrespectful. Not even an "I am so sorry your daughter is missing", just basically insulting her and calling her crazy. That's awful.

But, what really caught my eye and what really disturbs me:
"Parrinello goes on to say, 'When Brittanee left that hotel, she made a bad mistake. It has nothing to do with Peter.' ""

What is that supposed to mean? Okay, everyone knows that her walking alone wasn't the best decision she's ever made, but I'm getting a gut feeling that's not what he's referring to when he says "bad mistake". Regardless of whatever "mistake" she made, that's still not grounds to make the situation okay. No one should be taken from their family. She was a child, and she put her trust into everyone she was there with, and they've betrayed her in the worst way possible.

This is the last thing I'm posting for tonight and I'll be done. I am literally so appalled right now, I don't even know what to say. I am friends with PB on Facebook- apparently someone wrote him saying that he just saw PB's picture from Dr. Phil on the afternoon news this past Thursday, exact words: "You are still on the news for this sh** Jesus!! Must say thou your dr Phil photo is killing it haha".
Next comment from the same guy: "I swear to god u were on the news, somthing about drexels mom is putting a story in the paper about how people's stories are not matching up! I'm sure I'm not the only one who say it"
PB says "loll too funnyy"
Another girl pops in and says that she & her friend also saw the story on the news, states "Your old lawyer had your back".
A different girl comments saying "They needs to get over this, because it's getting annoying. loll", in which 3 other friends 'liked' that comment.
PB says "They could have at least used a better picture of me". Same girl says "I'll send them a picture of you holding playful puppies!"
PB says "they must have run out of donation money" ((Referring to DD I'm assuming?)) 3 friends 'liked' that comment. He complains that Lynette from the news cast always "calls him Brozwick.." instead of Brozowitz.

But, this is the best part- Brittanee's "best friend" TF who was on the ID show then comments and says the following: Its bc her birthday is coming up... "They bring up all the old BS. I'm sorry Pete &#9829;"

oh my gosh, you guys need to watch this video if you haven't.. It's an interview with Dawn about the letter from one of the local news stations. Towards the end of the video, they say the news station contacted PB's attorney (who now no longer represents PB), and he said that “If Dawn believes he knows more, she's hallucinating,” Parrinello said. “[Brozowitz] cooperated to the fullest extent with police. He knows nothing more.”

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S2781577.shtml?cat=565

How disrespectful. Not even an "I am so sorry your daughter is missing", just basically insulting her and calling her crazy. That's awful.

But, what really caught my eye and what really disturbs me:
"Parrinello goes on to say, 'When Brittanee left that hotel, she made a bad mistake. It has nothing to do with Peter.' ""

What is that supposed to mean? Okay, everyone knows that her walking alone wasn't the best decision she's ever made, but I'm getting a gut feeling that's not what he's referring to when he says "bad mistake". Regardless of whatever "mistake" she made, that's still not grounds to make the situation okay. No one should be taken from their family. She was a child, and she put her trust into everyone she was there with, and they've betrayed her in the worst way possible.

Thanks, that is a weird thing to say.

This is the last thing I'm posting for tonight and I'll be done. I am literally so appalled right now, I don't even know what to say. I am friends with PB on Facebook- apparently someone wrote him saying that he just saw PB's picture from Dr. Phil on the afternoon news this past Thursday, exact words: "You are still on the news for this sh** Jesus!! Must say thou your dr Phil photo is killing it haha".
Next comment from the same guy: "I swear to god u were on the news, somthing about drexels mom is putting a story in the paper about how people's stories are not matching up! I'm sure I'm not the only one who say it"
Another girl pops in and says that she & her friend also saw the story on the news, states "Your old lawyer had your back".
A different girl comments saying "They needs to get over this, because it's getting annoying. loll", in which 3 other friends 'liked' that comment.
PB says "They could have at least used a better picture of me". Same girl says "I'll send them a picture of you holding playful puppies!"
PB says "they must have run out of donation money" ((Referring to DD I'm assuming?)) 3 friends 'liked' that comment. He complains that Lynette from the news cast always "calls him Brozwick.." instead of Brozowitz.

But, this is the best part- Brittanee's "best friend" TF who was on the ID show then comments and says the following: Its bc her birthday is coming up... "They bring up all the old BS. I'm sorry Pete &#9829;"

Wow! How fricking disgusting.

This says it all. How horrible these comments are. These comments make me cry because they treat BD as nothing. Their comments are heartless, cruel. I can't believe all the LOL's. No wonder DD suspects them. They should feel some shame & remorse at the very least for taking BD to the beach & not watching out for her. Sickening.

Wow thats horrible. Are they in some way involved or they just really stupid individuals?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

This is a video I found on YouTube. Just someone who has filmed the drive of the entire strip of Ocean Boulevard. I wanted to share because I know that some of you aren't familiar with that area, or you can't really get a mental image of what the surroundings look like. At 8:40, you will see the Bar Harbor hotel. At about 10:34, you will see the Super 8 motel on the left hand side of the road which is what we believe was the location of the traffic camera. Lots of abandoned hotels & parking lots on that side of the road. At approximately 12:20, you will see the sign on the left hand side of the road for the BlueWater resort. This video will give you an estimate of the traffic (foot & vehicle traffic) volume throughout her walk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2g0YpqTfdY&feature=fvsr

This is not a good area that she walked through. I noticed she passed the Polynesian listed by Forbes as one of America's dirtiest hotels.
http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eikg45efi/5-polynesian-beach-golf-resort-myrtle-beach-sc/

Yes and what kind of friend is TF she stated in reaction on her Facebook:

"I'm not going to say anything, I'm not going to say anything, keeping my mouth shut, (repeating this until I fall asleep from one long night) oh BMD things are getting ridiculous now!! Love n Miss you ~ Forever in my <3"

Some friends... what is ridiculous about this? These kids have never showed much concern and Brittanee is still missing.

BD walked by the traffic cam at 8:15 pm. The traffic cam is located at the intersection of 11th Avenue South and South Ocean Boulevard. The distance from this location to the Bluewater Resort is approximately .66 miles. The time stamp on the photo of her entering the Bluewater Resort is 7:55 pm (see below). The time stamp is at the bottom of both photos. The time stamp on the photo of her exit is 8:13 pm (see below). In the video posted below at :44 she is recorded walking to the Bluewater Resort at 20:15 which is military time for 8:15 pm. Obviously the time stamp on either the traffic cam or the Bluewater Resort is incorrect. If you watch the Investigation Discovery show on BD one of the detectives states she left the Bluewater Resort at 8:48 pm. I am guessing LE also realized the time stamp on the Bluewater Resort camera was incorrect and corrected it. So if BD did leave the Bluewater Resort at 8:48 pm and the time stamp on the photo is 8:13 pm it is 35 minutes off. If you correct the entrance photo which shows the time to be 7:55 pm by 35 minutes the corrected time would be 8:30 pm. Her last text was at 8:58 pm so there is a gap of 10 minutes where she was either walking back to her hotel or she could have been hanging out in a parking lot getting some shoes as has been suggested. As Fabgod has stated the baseball game between the Red Sox and Yankees that was being watched lasted until around 8:31 pm. I had read in this forum the location of the traffic cam was at 11th Avenue South and I went looking for it and found it via Google Maps. It is on a second floor ledge of the Quality Inn and Suites near the palm tree. Check out post #519 to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kkMglrcK1J4#!

1.jpg

2.jpg

Great post again Farmhand, good work!

Danzn16, no need for apologies, I wasnt trying to tell you to go look back, the threads are massive so it would take forever, the more people on here showing an interest and quetioning events, the better as far as I see it, so keep asking those questions!!

Yes and what kind of friend is TF she stated in reaction on her Facebook:

"I'm not going to say anything, I'm not going to say anything, keeping my mouth shut, (repeating this until I fall asleep from one long night) oh BMD things are getting ridiculous now!! Love n Miss you ~ Forever in my <3"

Some friends... what is ridiculous about this? These kids have never showed much concern and Brittanee is still missing.

I'm not sure how to take BD's friend TF. She seems to be playing it both ways. I think though I will give her the benefit of the doubt.

You know, there was were body parts (a left femur, a right femur and a manible) found in Charleston during 2011 that had DNA, has Brittany's family entered her DNA in Namus? If so, it would have (maybe) been checked, if not, should we have them check?

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9370

I can't believe these selfish brats have not matured a bit in 3 1/2 years. Maybe they should all stop posting their horrible replies on social media sites. I'm disappointed in TF. Whether she believes those kids had anything to do withit or not. Dawn is the ONLY person keeping Brittanee's name in the media. She is looking for answers for her daughter. Whether those kids she went with had anything to do with it or not they owe Dawn a phone call and some answers and to show the Drexel's and Brittanee respect.

Like everyone else, the reports of the "friends" behaviour has been bugging me.
I'm not offering this as anything other than a thought, but It occured to me today so I will leave it with you.

All the so called friends that BD travelled with, were still pretty much kids themselves, I know they were older than BD but still not that old.
I have read the rumours of how "tough" these girls are and are totally in to themselves and no one else, but,
I cannot for a minute see that they are all covering up a death of someone that they were involved with, it just doesnt add up that none of them would slip up or speak out at some point, they are not hardened criminals, they are just selfish kids.

If we believe that they could harm BD then we have to believe that they could get rid of a body in an area hundreds of miles from home and do that so well, that the body or any trace of it was never found - not impossible but not that likely either imo.

Add in the likelihood that LE have interviewed these people, checked phone records and alibis and it looks even more unlikely (but not impossible)

How many of us, if out with friends and one of those friends was killed by another of our friends, would keep quiet, risking a long jail sentence for something we had little to do with? not many thats pretty certain!
But, what if they are covering up not a death but something that BD may have wanted to happen, like run away, start a new life?
There is no ominous jail sentence, they are not harming anyone in their eyes, by not speaking, in their world they are protecting a friend, maybe BD painted a really bad picture of her parents to those friends, that would explain why they wouldnt speak to DD and/or CD.
After three years, there is not one piece of evidence to point to BD having been killed or even abducted -nothing!
But on the other hand, who is out there looking for a live and kicking Brittanee?
No one!

As I stated above, I am in no way defending the "friends" I am in no way stating that this is what happened, I am just looking from a different angle than I usually do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95