Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on the official Brittanee Drexel website looking at old articles & news broadcasts. I'm now learning that LE received an anonymous tip in December 2009 which led them back to the Santee riverbank area to execute another search. On the second day of that search, the backpackers discovered the glasses and called LE because of the news story they had seen the night before talking about the new tip & new search efforts. It has always been my understanding that the glasses were found initially & that is what led them to search the area again??!!
The backpackers confirmed the story about the new search had been recently broadcasted on the news- so, if someone felt as if LE was starting to look at them more and more as a suspect, they could have easily called that tip in themselves & then simply wiped the glasses clean of any evidence & placed them in that open area knowing searchers would find them, therefore directing any negative attention away from themselves (temporarily, that is).

With that being said, I definitely don't believe it's just a coincidence.... It's way too ironic. If Dawn had bought just a normal pair of glasses for Brittanee that Easter, it may have been difficult to confirm those glasses as Brittanees. Easter was just like two weeks prior to her disappearance. If Dawn specifically bought Prada knockoffs, I think she would definitely be able to tell if they're the same ones Brittanee received for Easter. She's never said what type of glasses she purchased, brand name or not.. But finding those glasses less than 24 hours after a new search is announced? Sorry, that's not a coincidence. & I would be willing to bet that if in fact someone did deliberately place those glasses there, they probably have her purse & cell phone too.

I've always had a feeling that whoever too BD, kept some of her stuff, kind of as a trophy sad to say.
I also agree with you that the sunglasses was a plant to move interest in a different direction, interestingly the glasses were found fairly close to the McClellanville area which could have been the intention, to point the finger at a certain person or group?

Also wanted to share this video with you guys- a video about Monica Caison & the Cue Center for Missing Persons. Great video & it shows how much of a hard worker she is, along with the rest of her team. They still actively search for Brittanee & they're not giving up any time soon. Please share the video, & pray that Brittanee is one of the average 90 people they find alive every year!

http://youtu.be/9kwRt-6QzQ8

I've always had a feeling that whoever too BD, kept some of her stuff, kind of as a trophy sad to say.
I also agree with you that the sunglasses was a plant to move interest in a different direction, interestingly the glasses were found fairly close to the McClellanville area which could have been the intention, to point the finger at a certain person or group?

Yes! It's well known that exact group of men were charged with a similar case years and years ago, especially to locals. If that group doesn't know anything about her disappearance as they've claimed they do not, whoever IS responsible could have left the glasses in close proximity to their home(s) to throw LE off. Mr. Taylor was addressed publicly as a person of interest July 2010. Maybe that had to do with the location of the glasses? LE could have just kept an eye on him for those few months and then thought for sure he was responsible for Brittanee after the other attempted abduction?

Can I just say regarding the sunglasses, LE stated that there were no fingerprints or DNA on the ones found up by the river, surely if they were BD's, they would have had some trace of her on them?
What would the reasons for the glasses having nothing on them? Even if they didnt belong to BD surely there would have been some trace of something there? unless they were wiped deliberately and placed there?

The fact that sunglasses have hard (non-porous) surfaces probably factors in. Something soft and absorbent, like clothing, can trap DNA, while it can probably be washed off of hard plastic and metal, which sunglasses are obviously made of, during hard rains. So the sunglasses could have had the DNA washed off in the rain while sitting on the ground for however long they sat there.

The fact that sunglasses have hard (non-porous) surfaces probably factors in. Something soft and absorbent, like clothing, can trap DNA, while it can probably be washed off of hard plastic and metal, which sunglasses are obviously made of, during hard rains. So the sunglasses could have had the DNA washed off in the rain while sitting on the ground for however long they sat there.

Yes you are right, but it is odd that there would be no prints, whoever wore them would surely leave prints on the glasses somewhere especially if they were being worn at the beach with sun lotion on hands, sweat etc?

Also, if they were out in the weather, why no signs of weathering, rusting to the hinges?
It seems a bit strange how well preserved they were imo

I'm watching the full Dr. Phil episode on Brittanee's disappearance, and two things are sticking out to me:

If you have watched an episode that airs broadcasting a high-profile topic/case, he often plays multiple different news clips centered around whatever topic before he brings his guests out to talk. On one of these short clips, a female news anchor says "Drexel met Brozowitz at a party Saturday and was later at his hotel room along with his friends".
A party?? This is another surprise to me- At first, I thought well maybe the media got the story mixed up or something. However, if this information isn't correct, I can't imagine Dr. Phil airing that specific clip if it wasn't accurate.
If she was at a party that same day she came up missing, there's no telling who she could have met, or if someone she met there did something to her!

Peter's attorney said that Peter submitted a DNA sample at the request of the MB police department just a day before they came on the Dr. Phil show. Why are they collecting DNA? The show aired only two weeks after she came up missing. Does LE have evidence with DNA that they're trying to match and just haven't released this info to the public??

I was on the official Brittanee Drexel website looking at old articles & news broadcasts. I'm now learning that LE received an anonymous tip in December 2009 which led them back to the Santee riverbank area to execute another search. On the second day of that search, the backpackers discovered the glasses and called LE because of the news story they had seen the night before talking about the new tip & new search efforts. It has always been my understanding that the glasses were found initially & that is what led them to search the area again??!!
The backpackers confirmed the story about the new search had been recently broadcasted on the news- so, if someone felt as if LE was starting to look at them more and more as a suspect, they could have easily called that tip in themselves & then simply wiped the glasses clean of any evidence & placed them in that open area knowing searchers would find them, therefore directing any negative attention away from themselves (temporarily, that is).

With that being said, I definitely don't believe it's just a coincidence.... It's way too ironic. If Dawn had bought just a normal pair of glasses for Brittanee that Easter, it may have been difficult to confirm those glasses as Brittanees. Easter was just like two weeks prior to her disappearance. If Dawn specifically bought Prada knockoffs, I think she would definitely be able to tell if they're the same ones Brittanee received for Easter. She's never said what type of glasses she purchased, brand name or not.. But finding those glasses less than 24 hours after a new search is announced? Sorry, that's not a coincidence. & I would be willing to bet that if in fact someone did deliberately place those glasses there, they probably have her purse & cell phone too.

I understood it that the initial search was close to the area where the sunglasses were found but not at that exact spot. They might have been a mile or two away. I don't think the area where the glasses were found had been searched yet unless I am misunderstanding the information given. I'm not sure what to think about the sunglasses. I don't think the sunglasses found on the riverbank are the same sunglasses she is wearing in the pictures at the beach. I would like to know if the sunglasses were found right next to the river or if they were more in the woods.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=389366#.UKcCIob4LaA

In this news article (12/11/2009) someone makes the comment that they had traveled through the area a month before the sunglasses were found and flooding was occurring in the area and a bridge was closed. If the sunglasses were found right next to the river is it possible they washed ashore from the flooding? If they washed up they would have had to come from upstream or maybe someone on a boat accidentally dropped them in the water. But then again no one has claimed them. Interesting nonetheless. Maybe they were wiped clean or maybe if they were out in the elements for a period of time any fingerprints or DNA was washed off from rain or being in the river. How long does DNA or fingerprints last if they are out in the elements? I don't know. I can't tell from the photo of the sunglasses found if they have any metal hinges or not. The pair of sunglasses I have are all plastic even the hinges are plastic nothing on them to rust. That is an interesting thought that Fabgod made about things being left in the McClellanville area. I have often wondered if BD isn't a little closer to McClellanville myself. If she was found there they would have looked at the Taylor group right away and did in 2010.

Main board page 2 but the more ppl post it will move to page 3

http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?r...bbdc953e914c33

Tarah Valentine Friedman (Aquinas) wrote
at 8:26pm yesterday
Just to clear this up, if the girls had anything to do with it or if there was any evidence that they had anything to do with it the police would have already taken action. There is no evidence so there is no way for the police to hold them, search, or even suspect. They were questioned. There is nothing on the girls and until there is they are innocent. I keep saying girls yet the boys that were there were also questioned and ruled out. The girls left the hotel to go to another because they had not planned to stay an extra night. Brittanee's stuff was not left there it was in police custody at the time of them switching hotels. The hotel room was searched as well no signs of foul play for anything of that matter. Just clearing it up.

Page 1

Jennifer Marie (Rochester, NY) wrote
at 9:29pm yesterday
everyone swears they know the story.. you guys dont know anything, obviously if we knew something we would tell the police shes been missing over a month i wouldnt want her family worrying.. i mean i would not want this to happen to my family if anyone knew anything i would want my mom to know.. just clearing that up.. byes

Jennifer Marie (Rochester, NY) wrote
at 9:50pm yesterday
thanks for understanding and not accusing me of anything bc thats crazy people swear they know everything.. i jsut honestly hope that shes ok shes so cute

This is a post from an earlier thread. Apparently JO and TF were having a conversation on one of the "Find Brittanee" Facebook group pages. "I just hope she's ok she's so cute"..... what?? You can post about it on Facebook but you can't pick up a phone to speak to her Mother? This frustrates me so much!!
There are a few other users on here who have posted albums on their profile of the pictures taken in MB, good quality pictures.. not blurry from having to zoom in. I've also stumbled upon a picture of JO back from when she lived in SC. She's wearing black shorts, white flip flops, and the exact same shirt that Brittanee was wearing when she went missing. So, not only were the shorts JO's, but the shirt was too.

I understood it that the initial search was close to the area where the sunglasses were found but not at that exact spot. They might have been a mile or two away. I don't think the area where the glasses were found had been searched yet unless I am misunderstanding the information given. I'm not sure what to think about the sunglasses. I don't think the sunglasses found on the riverbank are the same sunglasses she is wearing in the pictures at the beach. I would like to know if the sunglasses were found right next to the river or if they were more in the woods.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=389366#.UKcCIob4LaA

In this news article (12/11/2009) someone makes the comment that they had traveled through the area a month before the sunglasses were found and flooding was occurring in the area and a bridge was closed. If the sunglasses were found right next to the river is it possible they washed ashore from the flooding? If they washed up they would have had to come from upstream or maybe someone on a boat accidentally dropped them in the water. But then again no one has claimed them. Interesting nonetheless. Maybe they were wiped clean or maybe if they were out in the elements for a period of time any fingerprints or DNA was washed off from rain or being in the river. How long does DNA or fingerprints last if they are out in the elements? I don't know. I can't tell from the photo of the sunglasses found if they have any metal hinges or not. The pair of sunglasses I have are all plastic even the hinges are plastic nothing on them to rust. That is an interesting thought that Fabgod made about things being left in the McClellanville area. I have often wondered if BD isn't a little closer to McClellanville myself. If she was found there they would have looked at the Taylor group right away and did in 2010.

I think the glasses that were found resemble the pair AL is wearing more than the ones we see Brittanee wearing. The sides of the glasses found look thick/wide IMO.

I've also stumbled upon a picture of JO back from when she lived in SC. She's wearing black shorts, white flip flops, and the exact same shirt that Brittanee was wearing when she went missing. So, not only were the shorts JO's, but the shirt was too.

The shirt was too? Wow. Would you be so kind as to post some of the photos if you can. That is interesting. The information posted from the old threads is great. Thank you.

The shirt was too? Wow. Would you be so kind as to post some of the photos if you can. That is interesting. The information posted from the old threads is great. Thank you.

They are in the albums on my profile! If you just click my username, it will take you to my page, and to the right side you'll see the "albums" section.

I can't remember if it was detective Dorio or Graeme Moore who did this interview I'm thinking of, I'm still looking for the link to the video. I'll come back and post when I do- anyhow, whoever it is was talking about her phone records saying that Brittanee was in contact with PB by text message asking where his hotel was when she was on the way over there on 4/25/09. He says she came to retrieve a pair of flip flops- how were her flip flops there when she didn't even know the location of his hotel? PB has said himself that Brittanee had informed him she had been walking everywhere alone prior to that day, and that walking alone "didn't bother her". If she had been in a vehicle with him while she was there and left her flip flops behind by accident and then came back to get them, that wouldn't strike me as odd... but, he said himself that she didn't accept any ride(s) from him when he offered. Have we been given incorrect information (again.......) by the media/LE, or is this just another version of Peter's timeline of events that changes often?

A couple of weeks back someone had mentioned the possibility of her shoes being left in his car that might be why she didn't know where his hotel was when she went to retrieve them? I checked out your albums and I noticed more than a few pictures of AL and BD together. BD must have been closer to her than JO.

A couple of weeks back someone had mentioned the possibility of her shoes being left in his car that might be why she didn't know where his hotel was when she went to retrieve them? I checked out your albums and I noticed more than a few pictures of AL and BD together. BD must have been closer to her than JO.

It would still be conflicting statements on his part because he said she declined his offer of transportation. He said she told him that him giving her a ride was unnecessary because she had been walking everywhere by herself the entire time she was there, and that she "was fine walking alone". & Yes, I estimate BD had known AL since 2007 or so, most likely through Tarah. They say they didn't know her that well, but a picture is worth a thousand words.

Bumping for Brittanee . . . you are never forgotten. :heartbeat:

dd7BP.jpg

It would still be conflicting statements on his part because he said she declined his offer of transportation. He said she told him that him giving her a ride was unnecessary because she had been walking everywhere by herself the entire time she was there, and that she "was fine walking alone". & Yes, I estimate BD had known AL since 2007 or so, most likely through Tarah. They say they didn't know her that well, but a picture is worth a thousand words.

Yeah he probably said that to make himself look better. But if PB did offer her I ride and she declined I find it hard to believe she walked almost half way back and then accepted a ride (10 minutes later) from someone either known or unknown.

:bump:

Bumping for Britt. :heartbeat: I can only imagine how hard it was for her family to spend yet another holiday without her yesterday. :(

tumblr_m99ls8AJtu1rcqxdoo2_r1_400.jpg

Yeah he probably said that to make himself look better. But if PB did offer her I ride and she declined I find it hard to believe she walked almost half way back and then accepted a ride (10 minutes later) from someone either known or unknown.

See, this is where I get frustrated. LE is confident of this timeline they've come up with, so much that they can pen-point nearly the exact location where she was presumably "abducted". I understand that the time stamp on either the traffic camera or hotel lobby camera was incorrect at that time, but they should address the mix up publicly. One minute they say that they estimate she was abducted 7-8 minutes after leaving Peter's hotel, or that she was taken between 11th avenue and 21st avenue, and the next minute they're estimating that she didn't even make it out of the hotel parking lot. A small detail like that could make a huge difference, you just never know. A seven minute different may not seem like much to anyone, but I can guarantee that seven minutes counts.. kids get snatched up everyday in the blink of an eye, unfortunately... 99% of the time it takes less than seven minutes.

If PB offered her a ride and she declined numerous times (as he says she did), then I definitely don't believe she would accept a ride from stranger, willingly of course. If they believe she was taken seven minutes after leaving, then I would lean more toward it being a complete stranger abduction, most likely a RSO. If she didn't make it out of the parking lot, the theory of someone she knew or had met while there offering a ride would still be somewhat questionable, but ONLY if PB lied about offering her a ride/rides to make himself sound more responsible to Brittanee's parents.

So basically, if he truly did offer a ride/rides to Brittanee and she declined on multiple occasions, chances are that she wouldn't accept a ride from anyone (friend/acquaintance nor stranger). This scenario would make the abduction theory more realistic (even with no witnesses).

See, this is where I get frustrated. LE is confident of this timeline they've come up with, so much that they can pen-point nearly the exact location where she was presumably "abducted". I understand that the time stamp on either the traffic camera or hotel lobby camera was incorrect at that time, but they should address the mix up publicly. One minute they say that they estimate she was abducted 7-8 minutes after leaving Peter's hotel, or that she was taken between 11th avenue and 21st avenue, and the next minute they're estimating that she didn't even make it out of the hotel parking lot. A small detail like that could make a huge difference, you just never know. A seven minute different may not seem like much to anyone, but I can guarantee that seven minutes counts.. kids get snatched up everyday in the blink of an eye, unfortunately... 99% of the time it takes less than seven minutes.

If PB offered her a ride and she declined numerous times (as he says she did), then I definitely don't believe she would accept a ride from stranger, willingly of course. If they believe she was taken seven minutes after leaving, then I would lean more toward it being a complete stranger abduction, most likely a RSO. If she didn't make it out of the parking lot, the theory of someone she knew or had met while there offering a ride would still be somewhat questionable, but ONLY if PB lied about offering her a ride/rides to make himself sound more responsible to Brittanee's parents.

So basically, if he truly did offer a ride/rides to Brittanee and she declined on multiple occasions, chances are that she wouldn't accept a ride from anyone (friend/acquaintance nor stranger). This scenario would make the abduction theory more realistic (even with no witnesses).

Maybe she did accept a ride but I was just thinking it would be odd if BD declined a ride and then 10 minutes later she accepts a ride from someone. If she did accept a ride that would explain a few things such as why no one saw anything. I suppose if she refused a ride it wouldn't have done any good to call her a cab. If there was this unknown person offering rides you would think he attempted this more than once that night and someone would remember.

I know it's a long shot and might not even be possible now and legal for LE but she had a cell phone. That cell phone pinged every so often, most likely the perp had a cell phone. I'm sure if they did it was also pinging. Cross refrencing the pinging of the towers and all other phones from where she was last seen would most likely make a short list of people!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966