Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it's her since foul odor meant recent death or decomposed. It'll be all skeletal remains if they ever found her from on/under the ground.

Brittanee crosses my mind every day and I continue to say a prayer for her and her family. I'm hoping these new searches turn up some helpful evidence.

I doubt it's her since foul odor meant recent death or decomposed. It'll be all skeletal remains if they ever found her from on/under the ground.

I originally thought the same thing but if I read it correctly (the second time), the fisherman smelled the odor right after Britt disappeared. LE searched the area and said they found nothing. They're just re-searching it.

Did I read that correctly?

I originally thought the same thing but if I read it correctly (the second time), the fisherman smelled the odor right after Britt disappeared. LE searched the area and said they found nothing. They're just re-searching it.

Did I read that correctly?

Yes, LE searched the area when the fisherman reported the odor. This is the second search.

I was really hoping that Britt's loved ones wouldn't have to go through another holiday wondering where she was and what happened to her.

Let's hope and pray they get their answers soon.

Thank goodness for CUE and Monica Caison. I am not sure Brittanee would get any press if not for Monica's relentless search efforts.

Britt's family is a long way away from MB but make the long trip for vigils and events to keep her name in the public eye. Her parents have jobs to maintain, her sister and brother have school and they must maintain a semblence of normalcy in their lives. They have no other choice. I am glad that Monica and CUE are assisting. I cannot speak for Brittanee's family but it sure is a comfort to me. Personally, I would be a basket case if my daughter were missing in another state far away from me.

And what if, by some miracle, Brittanee has been trafficked and comes home someday? Her family would need their health and means to assist with the counseling, etc. that would be required for Brittanee if she returned home from such a situation.

I am just venting because I feel helpless. I cannot imagine how helpless the Drexel family must feel. I cannot imagine how helpless Britt must have felt the night she was abducted:(

wm

OT Glad to see you all are still here. Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I sure wish we could find our girl.

:bump::bump::bump:

You are never forgotten...............

I pray for Brittanee's family every day. The pain of not knowing has to be a horrible never ending pain. Especially during the holidays that empy place at the table, the silence that was once Brittanee's laughter. The smile you never see. And the very worst, the memories of past holidays and knowing they are the last memories you have of your beautiful daughter.

Wherever you are Brittanee, you are in our thoughts and prayers. May God give us the answers soon and may you be brought home to your family.

I think about Brittanee every single day. This one really just hits home for me.. I can't explain it. I read and hear about a ton of different cases, and sympathize for all of their families & pray for them to have comfort.. but, for some reason, I always just find myself randomly googling Brittanee's name in hope of finding out something new.. it's just her. I think it's because we're so close in age. I remember being in high school & wanting to go on SB every year to Panama City Beach with all my friends, but my mom knew better (just as Dawn did) & knew that wasn't where a 16/17 year old girl needed to be. My mom worries about be me being 45 minutes away, much less 14 hours (what Dawn had to deal with). I just can't imagine the pain.
I don't think anyone can understand what losing a child feels like until its them dealing with it. Some parents say that everyday they don't hear something new is good for them.. because they can't imagine having to face the fact that they've actually lost their child, and can't have them back. Other parents say that not knowing what has happened is the worst thing imaginable. Just having to consider the fact that you may very well go to your grave not knowing what happened to your child is something that has to be so hard to accept. I think Brittanee's family just hates not knowing where she is, or what happened that last night someone saw her.
A little O/T, but it really bugs me when I'm reading different articles on Brittanee (most from Georgetown times), and local people say that Dawn doesn't know what she's doing, or doesn't know how to take care of her kids. The things those people say are just horrible, I hope she never reads them. As if not knowing where her child isn't enough to deal with, there are also people that put her and the family down? It's saddening to read, and hard to understand how people can be so cruel.

As for the foul odor smell. That's a bit random.. I mean, the way I see it is that any lead is good news.. That one lead could mean getting one step closer to finding her & bringing her home. BUT, I'm just confused on what they thought they'd find? When this first happened (and still to this day), LE is stuck on the fact that they believe she ended up in that swampy area in Mcclellanville.....surrounded by gators. Waiting two years to search a swamp due to a "foul odor" complaint is a little late now.
I was very hopeful that the last lead would turn into something productive (RM).. It really seemed like everything was about to come together.

I hope that Dawn and the rest of Brittanee's family & friends can find peace during the upcoming holiday they are going to face without her. & I pray every single night before I go to bed that something will happen the next day, and justice will be done for Brittanee.. whether that means bringing her home physically, or physically bringing whoever hurt her to justice.

I watch so much TV, and so many crime shows.. I'm just petrified at the fact of thinking this case could go cold. I, myself, couldn't imagine having to wait another 15 years or so just to find another lead, or to find out what happened.. I can't imagine what that feeling would be like knowing her personally, or being a family member. It's just ridiculous how sick this world has become. People don't just disappear, someone knows something.

Thank you BringBrittHome91. You're right, someone knows something. If just one person would let something slip that would lead to finding Britt or at least finding out what happened to her and who is responsible.

You have a good mom. I worry about my daughter and she's 21 now. I don't think Dawn was a bad mom; Britt seems to have been a strong willed girl. Who at that age really thinks something horrible is going to happen to them, especially when they're out having fun.

Thank you again. I feel the same as you about Britt. There's something about her that's unforgettable. That's why we're all here.

Whatever happened to Shuan Taylor? Wasn't he the main suspect? If I recall correctly, he was a suspect in the beginning. Was IDed by a victim of another attempted abduction in the same area. He had a vehichle that matched some descriptions, He was involved in a rape/ kidnapping with his brother of a different girl. Another girl was missing in Goergetown that was last known to be in the vicinity of his house.

Whatever happened to Shuan Taylor? Wasn't he the main suspect? If I recall correctly, he was a suspect in the beginning. Was IDed by a victim of another attempted abduction in the same area. He had a vehichle that matched some descriptions, He was involved in a rape/ kidnapping with his brother of a different girl. Another girl was missing in Goergetown that was last known to be in the vicinity of his house.

Timothy Shaun Taylor

http://www.wistv.com/global/story.asp?s=12884054

This one is the one that dragged me to Websleuths in the beginning. Such a sad and scary case. I am really eager as to find out what happened to this young girl. Keep praying everyone and eventually God will answer.

My prayers are for Brittanee to be found before Christmas. May God protect her wherever she is and bring her home for Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required