Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry if this is a repeat of any information. I will watch on occasion the Investigation Discovery episode concerning Brittanee on my computer. The show features 2 detectives from Myrtle Beach, SC police department. That means to me the information presented by them is about as accurate as one can find on the internet by someone who isn't involved directly in this case. Brittanee is captured on a traffic camera at 8:15 pm walking South to visit a friend at the Bluewater Resort. The traffic camera from what I have found using Google maps is located on a ledge of a balcony at the Quality Inn & Suites 1004 South Ocean Boulevard.

She arrives and then leaves again as a friend has asked her to return a pair of shorts she is wearing. Detective Dorio states on the show that this is 8:48 pm. I searched and found the photos of Brittanee entering and leaving the Bluewater Resort (below). The only problem is the time on these photos is different than what is stated by Detective Dorio. The one photo shows her entering at 7:55 pm and leaving at 8:13 pm. Obviously these times are incorrect since she walks by the traffic camera at 8:15 pm. So if I take the 8:48 pm as when she leaves as being accurate the time on the picture is 35 minutes off. The same would be true as when she entered Bluewater Resort and the corrected time would be 8:30 pm.

So now I have a time frame from when she walked by traffic cam (8:15 pm) to when she entered the Bluewater Resort (8:30 PM) and a known distance. The distance between traffic cam (11th Avenue South) and Bluewater Resort (2001 South Ocean Boulevard). If I use Google Earth I find that distance to be .68 miles. Brittanee walked .68 miles in 15 minutes. If I do a little math that is 2.74 miles per hour. Which is a fairly normal walking pace. Some people walk a little faster, some people walk a little slower. According to the cell phone records presented on the show she last texted her boyfriend at 8:58 pm. 10 minutes after she left the Bluewater Resort. She recieves a message at I think 9:03 pm and 9:05 pm from her boyfriend in which he asks "Why babe" and "Why who or Why Boo" . I am not sure about 9:03 pm and the 9:05 pm since it is blurred and hard to read. She also recieves a message at 9:06 pm from a friend in Rochester I would presume which asks "Back from Myrtle yet?" This information is shown on the Investigation Discovery show. If you take the 10 minutes (time she left Bluewater Resort to time of last text) and multiple 2.74 miles per hour you get a distance of .46 miles.

I would assume when she left the Bluewater Resort she would have stayed on west side of street which is where the Bluewater Resort is and walked north rather than crossing the street. If I use the distance of .46 miles this puts her between 15th Avenue South and 14th Avenue South next to a place called the Carousel and the Cabana Inn. This is the area which she sent her last text. Oddly enough when I use Google maps it shows there are 2 police vehicles parked in the parking lot of the Carousel. The picture is dated January 2008. Strange. OK so sometime between 8:58 pm and 9:06 pm she was kidnapped. This is 8 minutes. Once again if I use 2.74 miles per hour walking pace and 8 minutes I get a distance of .37 miles. The only problem is .37 miles takes you past the traffic camera on 11th Avenue South and takes you to 9th Avenue South. The traffic camera is only .21 miles away. In reality she would have to been kidnapped between 8:58 pm and 9:02 pm or she would have walked in front of traffic camera at 11th Avenue south.

I hope this makes sense. My personal opinion is she was kidnapped closer to 8:58 pm since she would have been paying more attention to her cell phone at that time.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Just checking in before catching up. I see some new posts I need to read, but I wanted to address what we were chatting about before. I forget which poster it was who talked to the folks who found Brittanee's sunglasses. Was that you mlatta? Are you around?

*edit: the second poster I thought it might have been was on another thread. my mistake*

One of these two posters, IIRC, was the one to describe the marina.

I am speaking to these posts:

I seem to remember one of the local posters talking about being a member of a marina on the river near where Brittanee's phone last pinged. This was in a much earlier thread, and I think there was some discussion of how easy or difficult it was for someone to take their boat in & out...

Does anyone else remember this, or has my fatigue gotten the best of me?

Was that here on WS?

I am sorry if this is a repeat of any information. I will watch on occasion the Investigation Discovery episode concerning Brittanee on my computer. The show features 2 detectives from Myrtle Beach, SC police department. That means to me the information presented by them is about as accurate as one can find on the internet by someone who isn't involved directly in this case. Brittanee is captured on a traffic camera at 8:15 pm walking South to visit a friend at the Bluewater Resort. The traffic camera from what I have found using Google maps is located on a ledge of a balcony at the Quality Inn & Suites 1004 South Ocean Boulevard.

SBM for space.

WOW. Very impressive, Farmhand. I don't recall seeing you around here before. Welcome.

I hope LE has taken the time to calculate all of this. I know I certainly hadn't thought of it -- in fact, even if I had, I don't think I would have been able too!

I commend you and this hard work.

I wonder if this Cabana place has cameras that face their door? Any that can see out the front windows? Hope LE has checked this already, because I'm sure that 3+ years later all evidence is taped over.

Hope you'll stick around.

I am new here. Thank you. I guess with the calculations I must assume some things such as she was walking back on Ocean Boulevard and that her walking pace didn't change on the return trip. I feel that maybe her pace did slow a bit since she had already walked some distance that day maybe not.

I am new here. Thank you. I guess with the calculations I must assume some things such as she was walking back on Ocean Boulevard and that her walking pace didn't change on the return trip. I feel that maybe her pace did slow a bit since she had already walked some distance that day maybe not.

:welcome:

Just checking in before catching up. I see some new posts I need to read, but I wanted to address what we were chatting about before. I forget which poster it was who talked to the folks who found Brittanee's sunglasses. Was that you mlatta? Are you around?

*edit: the second poster I thought it might have been was on another thread. my mistake*

One of these two posters, IIRC, was the one to describe the marina.

I am speaking to these posts:

It wasn't me, LLLindsayy......

Although, I have racked my brain over where a marina would be that Brittanee would/could be taken to. IMO, a marina would need to be on the Intracoastal Waterway, which would be away from where Brittanee was staying (she was staying on the oceanfront).

It wasn't me, LLLindsayy......

Although, I have racked my brain over where a marina would be that Brittanee would/could be taken to. IMO, a marina would need to be on the Intracoastal Waterway, which would be away from where Brittanee was staying (she was staying on the oceanfront).

If I have a chance over the next few days I'll scour the old threads for this discussion. I never do have much luck with the search feature here on this forum though.

I'll see what I can do.

I always wondered the where the exact location was of where the sunglasses were found. Do you folks know where that was? I think the only thing I have ever read is that they were found on the North Santee river between Highway 17 and Old Georgetown road.

There are a few accessible marinas in murrels inlet (inbetween myrtle beach and georgetown)

*See my other post on page 19*

Farmhand, excellent job

If I have a chance over the next few days I'll scour the old threads for this discussion. I never do have much luck with the search feature here on this forum though.

I'll see what I can do.

I'm searching....and I've found chatter from March 2010 about the sunglasses being found in either October or December 2009.

I'll keep playing with the search function & see what I can find.

Bumping for Britt!! Praying answers and justice comes very, very soon!!! :please:

Has anyone else heard anything new? :waitasec:

I seem to remember one of the local posters talking about being a member of a marina on the river near where Brittanee's phone last pinged. This was in a much earlier thread, and I think there was some discussion of how easy or difficult it was for someone to take their boat in & out...

Does anyone else remember this, or has my fatigue gotten the best of me?

If anyone can dig this up or remembers it; I would love to see it!! :tyou:

Setting out to locate this information right now. I have some free time. Will edit when I find.

*EDIT*

MBLover
Hey Rose

What is public access like into that part of the area they are searching? Can just anyone make their way there or would this be a place like mainly associated with locals or someone previously from that area? Any idea? Access roads - can you use them easily with a regular vehicle or would this require 4-wheel drive or some type of all terrain vehicle?

How does one enter this area? Able to drive right in or is there a pay booth at the entrance (like in other national park areas)? If yes, is it a staffed booth or honor system? Or is there a way to "bypass" this? Designated camping areas?

If this is a "paid" area is it open year round?

Anything you could add about the area they are searching would be most welcomed!

Response:

RoseC
This area that we the local call pole yard landing, its swampy, river been real high, ,but no you dont have a pay booth etc, its open to all,yes alot of little dirt type side roads,,,,,yes seem area as before they searched,they just going up river banks futher,,,

This is all I found so far. I'm way back on thread #7 when the glasses were first found. I don't know that I'll ever find what I'm looking for. Does anyone else remember one of our sleuths meeting with the couple who located the glasses and being shown exactly where they were found?

I like what Christina691 says here in post #476.

"he's just scary. I was a bit thrown off however- As I was looking at her page, she actually posted a link to an article saying "Sex Offender Eyed In Cold Case", and the article mentioned RM, and had pictures of him, but she just posted it.. didn't have any kind of comment or anything. It was posted back in February, so maybe they aren't together anymore? I'm wondering if she even knew he was a convicted RSO, and a level three offender. I don't know if it's even possible for her to NOT know about what he's done in the past. Maybe she knows something about Brittanee? I doubt it... but one can wish, I guess."

You will notice this women's photos are dated and the last ones of RM are dated July 13th, 2011. It is my understanding law enforcement received a tip from someone that caused them to get a search warrant for apartment #21 at the Sunset Lodge apartments. The search occurred on August 1, 2011. Law enforcement stated that this person reached out to them with the information. Supposedly RM said some things to this person that were odd in nature. Obviously some of that information had to be that this Brittanee was taken to this apartment or why else would it be searched? It makes we wonder if the person that provided the tip was the women who was dating RM that summer and has the photos of him in her Facebook account.

The Disappeared TV show goes into it. The part about the couple finding the sunglasses starts at about the 6 minute mark but the info earlier in the segment gives some context about the area. Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=341x84-uvh4&feature=relmfu

"he's just scary. I was a bit thrown off however- As I was looking at her page, she actually posted a link to an article saying "Sex Offender Eyed In Cold Case", and the article mentioned RM, and had pictures of him, but she just posted it.. didn't have any kind of comment or anything. It was posted back in February, so maybe they aren't together anymore? I'm wondering if she even knew he was a convicted RSO, and a level three offender. I don't know if it's even possible for her to NOT know about what he's done in the past. Maybe she knows something about Brittanee? I doubt it... but one can wish, I guess."

You will notice this women's photos are dated and the last ones of RM are dated July 13th, 2011. It is my understanding law enforcement received a tip from someone that caused them to get a search warrant for apartment #21 at the Sunset Lodge apartments. The search occurred on August 1, 2011. Law enforcement stated that this person reached out to them with the information. Supposedly RM said some things to this person that were odd in nature. Obviously some of that information had to be that this Brittanee was taken to this apartment or why else would it be searched? It makes we wonder if the person that provided the tip was the women who was dating RM that summer and has the photos of him in her Facebook account.

Absolutely sounds plausible!!!

wait a second...... forgive me if I'm catching on a bit late & this has already been mentioned- but, does anyone else recall reading an article that was about the room being searched, and the article mentioning someone who also lived in that same complex had dated RM at one point? Did this happen, or am I just completely delusional?:waitasec:

Hi friends. Hi Brittanee.

I wish there was more I could do. I really can't believe Britt's been gone for more than three years now. This seems unreasonable. With the population on this earth I don't see how it is possible that people can simply "go missing."

The other day I was searching for updates like usual and I came across this bothersome comment. I give it no merit. It just turned up in a search. Also, it discusses a few other missing girls.

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981367988

I hope something happens soon that allows Brittanee to come home.

Hi friends. Hi Brittanee.

I wish there was more I could do. I really can't believe Britt's been gone for more than three years now. This seems unreasonable. With the population on this earth I don't see how it is possible that people can simply "go missing."

The other day I was searching for updates like usual and I came across this bothersome comment. I give it no merit. It just turned up in a search. Also, it discusses a few other missing girls.

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981367988

I hope something happens soon that allows Brittanee to come home.

Unfortunately, any nutjob can get a keyboard. That's just sick to post something like that. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member