Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like someone else said here, I've always wondered, even though she apparently never reappeared on the street camera further north up the street, what about the cars and people that do appear on this camera? Who was in the area? Hope they checked into them.
I always wondered also if there are any cameras on the beach side behind the blue water or other hotels nearby. In case she decided to walk up the beach rather than the street.

was just looking at the Blue Water on google maps (street view) and was going to post link here to it but it doesn't work, just posts a generic map. Anyway, now I realize the hotel lobby doesn't face the street, the tower is situated with its side along the street. There appear to be lobby doors on both the south and north side of the building (main tower) and a few other doors, and there's another tower or wing behind. I'm not sure which tower the guys were in or which doors Brittanee came out, presumably the ones on the north side if she was planning on heading north.

someone who has a ton of other money and doesn't care about $100?

anyways.. just posted on facebook:
"If any one that went down to myrtle with britt drexel knows any more information on britt being at club kryptinight with 2 ppl from rochester were gettong close from my understanding 2 ppl not saying named yet lured britt to a boat at the marina were getting close i need every pc of information and or pictures from that night at the club — with Dawn Drexel.
Like · · 11:04am (19 minutes ago) near Fairport, NY · "

I wonder what marina they mean (I see on the map Marina at Grand Dunes, Barefoot Landing Marina...on the intracoastal waterway.)

I'm so confused with Moody being POI and then db comment about the club and Marina. Who from Rochester knew someone w a boat or had a boat?? Did they try to lure her there for trafficking purposes and kids from Rochester get a pay off?? Does Moody have a boat? As a mother I couldn't help but be angry and kind of blame the girls and boys she was down there with. She wouldn't of been alone to be prey if they acted like her friends. Its so coincidental on boys leaving in the middle of the night and girlfriends fighting w her at the time, change of hotel rooms and all boys and girls leave MB while one of theirs own they traveled down there with is missing! Sorry I have a hard told with that and it angers me if anyone would treat my daughter this way.
Moody----Do we know who the other victims are? Any still missing? I read story about Harding would be nice to get others too to help figure out if he has a spot etc is there a familiar location hes comfortable with They never should of let him out of jail after what he did

I'm so confused with Moody being POI and then db comment about the club and Marina. Who from Rochester knew someone w a boat or had a boat?? Did they try to lure her there for trafficking purposes and kids from Rochester get a pay off?? Does Moody have a boat? As a mother I couldn't help but be angry and kind of blame the girls and boys she was down there with. She wouldn't of been alone to be prey if they acted like her friends. Its so coincidental on boys leaving in the middle of the night and girlfriends fighting w her at the time, change of hotel rooms and all boys and girls leave MB while one of theirs own they traveled down there with is missing! Sorry I have a hard told with that and it angers me if anyone would treat my daughter this way.
Moody----Do we know who the other victims are? Any still missing? I read story about Harding would be nice to get others too to help figure out if he has a spot etc is there a familiar location hes comfortable with They never should of let him out of jail after what he did

I always feel SO BAD for thinking the same thing, I'm not officially a mother, but if I were ANY relation to a situation like this, I would be biting my nails trying to avoid a major emotional attack on these irresponsible an selfish children. (sorry for being such a B about it, but that's how I feel)

Someone would be calling the cops on me Bc I would demand an explanation from the girls and boys asap! I wonder if her mom was able to press charges on the kids older than 18 for taking a minor across state lines to help get leverage for answers in the disappearance. How can anyone live w their selves knowing shes missing (presumed dead)and they spent the last few minutes-hours-days with her!

If they are so innocent even years later why not help search with for her?
The article said 6 victims of Moody right anyone know states ages of victims etc

"If any one that went down to myrtle with britt drexel knows any more information on britt being at club kryptinight with 2 ppl from rochester were gettong close from my understanding 2 ppl not saying named yet lured britt to a boat at the marina were getting close i need every pc of information and or pictures from that night at the club — with Dawn Drexel.

Glad someone found this! My guess is she thinks boys and or girls she traveled with knows more about this and asking them for help. WHAT NIGHT DATE DID THIS HAPPEN??? How far is Marina from.club? Anyone help me answering these

Someone would be calling the cops on me Bc I would demand an explanation from the girls and boys asap! I wonder if her mom was able to press charges on the kids older than 18 for taking a minor across state lines to help get leverage for answers in the disappearance. How can anyone live w their selves knowing shes missing (presumed dead)and they spent the last few minutes-hours-days with her!

Can anyone elaborate on this possibility? I would so do this if it were my daughter! I just can't imagine, if I were in the same RESTAURANT as someone who went missing I would feel guilt for not having information, let alone TAKING THE CHILD FROM HER HOME, ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE COUNTRY, AND THEN ABANDONING HER!!!!!!!! I would literally just I won't even say, but if I were these kids, I wouldn't be around to enjoy my life. I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

Wow, lots of chatter to catch up on! I haven't stopped by in a few days, but I find these comments made on Facebook to be interesting. Hopefully there's some value there.

So is the timeline, please correct me:

Apr 23 (?) Brittannee goes to MB by car with (how many?) girls from Rochester NY. These are more acquaintances than friends. Brittanee's boyfriend, who is older (they've been dating since she was 15, she is now 17) does not go on this trip due to work but states in interviews that he had urged her to go on the trip and have fun. He stays in contact with her by frequent texts while she is there. (Did police examine all his/her phone records, texts, pings, etc, and have these ever been released?) Brittanee's father had told her she couldn't go on this trip and her mother states she thought Brittanee was staying with a friend in town and also didn't know Brittanee had left town.

Brittanee and the girls stay at the Bar Harbour Hotel on Ocean Blvd. They run into other acquaintances in MB, including PB and his friends. At one point Brittanee goes to a teenage boy she doesn't know for help because some guys in a club are yelling at her (?), this is the young man who filmed her sitting in his hotel room where he was staying with his parents. When he saw TV coverage of the disappearance, he turned this film over to police.

Brittanee's boyfriend says that she had been telling him in texts that MB was beautiful but the girls she was staying with were partying heavily and using drugs and she's kind of lonely and on her own. He stated in interviews he urged her to try to enjoy her last days in MB and see you when you get back.

Brittanee goes to the Blue Water Hotel on the evening of April 25 to visit with the guys/acquaintances there, PB and 4 other guys (in what room number?) While there Britt receives a call or text from one of the girls at the Bar Harbour hotel asking her to bring back shorts that she borrowed.

9pm Brittanee is seen on Blue Water Hotel's surveillance video exiting the building. (Wasn't there also street camera video of her walking along the street texting?) Brittanee's phone pings head southward down Hwy 17 thru Surfside and on down, with last pings near a pier on the S. Santee River south of Georgetown (at what time, 2am?). This is about a 45 min drive from Myrtle Beach right? When did the pings start travelling southward?

Brittannee does not appear on Bar Harbor Hotel video entering the hotel (?). (Or was there any video from the Bar Harbour, was this just the statement of the girls that Brittanee didn't return?) (Were there any further phone texts or pings in her phone records showing that any of the girls had continued to call wondering where she was or were there no more calls from them when she didn't arrive with the shorts.)

The Blue Water group of acquaintances, PB and 4 others, left at 2am that night and returned to Rochester. (Did we hear that this was because someone's parents advised them to return immediately?) They left in such a hurry one of them left a swimsuit in the room. (I agree it's unusual they left at 2am. When in Myrtle Beach, especially when you're a young person, seems like ordinarily you'd be leaving at the last possible minute and dragging yourself out of bed in the late mornings, imo, rather than packing and driving out at 2am.) PB retains a lawyer (before or after being contacted by police?) The other 4 guys were not questioned by police?

I read someone posting somewhere that the girls at the Bar Harbour hotel moved to another hotel the evening of the 25th or the next day. Is that true? If so, what was Brittanee supposed to do when she got back to the hotel and they had checked out, and what did they do with her things, take her things with them? Were there calls/texts from them to her in the phone records during this time frame notifying her where they were going, asking where she was, etc?

Then the girls returned to Rochester when? Did they call Brittanee's mother or father and when? Did they call police and when?

April 26 3:21 in the afternoon: Raymond Moody gets a speeding ticket in north Surfside just off Ocean Blvd (which is just a few miles south of the Myrtle Beach stretch of Ocean Blvd where Brittanee was last seen.) Prior to this a woman identifying herself as Moody's girlfriend had stated she was with Moody and that they hadn't been anywhere near Myrtle Beach around the timeframe of Apr 25.

Police take forensics from Moody's motel room at the Sunset Lodge, Georgetown, in 2011.

Seagull,

This is a very good run down of what happened that night from our point of view and what has been released through the media.

In regards to camera shots, text messages, phone calls, and cell phone pings, the timing is all up in the air. Depending on which media outlet, LEO, or "friend" you listen to you could come up with a varying timeline. On top of it all, it has been reported that the time stamp on the camera footage is off by a few minutes.

:twocents:

I believe majority of this is overall correct! Concerning the times/pings of the phone as it was heading south towards Georgetown, I'm not sure if that's been released. I recall seeing a time stamp on the BW resort surveillance of like 8:46 or something? I don't believe the BH hotel has surveillance- a few years back, my fiancee & I stayed at it's sister hotel, and it is a complete dump! I couldn't see them taking the time to invest in something as important as that.

I also recall reading that the girls she traveled with did indeed switch hotels. (correct me if I'm wrong-), I believe I heard that the girls had switched hotels WHILE knowing Brittanee was missing.. Which made them look even more suspicious, which is most likely why they all lawyer-ed up as soon as they set foot in Rochester. Because that was going to be law enforcement's first question: What if Brittanee had actually returned, and no one was there waiting on her? I believe I heard that all of her items were still there (clothes, etc.), that the "friends" had just left it behind.. which is also another thing most people didn't understand.
I THINK when they switched hotels, it was the night Brittanee disappeared (4/25).. not sure how late it was, or what time it was just in general.. And I'm not positive that at that point they knew for a fact she hadn't returned from her visit with PB. However, if the timeline released is infact correct, the girls would have just HAD to known she was missing. According to the BF, before he even notified Brittanee's mom that she was missing, he had already been on the phone with the group of people she traveled down with, just to ensure that he wasn't going to get Brittanee in trouble if she had just not been picking up her phone or not.
I don't care how bad they were arguing with Brittanee, or how much drugs/alcohol they had in their system, leaving her things behind and not knowing for sure if something was wrong with her, or if something had happened, is completely unacceptable. They were older than her, and more "mature", they should have handled the situation appropriately.

I trust LE when they continuously explain to us that none of those girls, nor PB and his friends are considered suspects... but their stories are just so bizarre... I haven't heard anything like it!

Also, somewhat OT- I understand that Brittanee was seen clearly leaving the BW resort lobby to return to her own hotel. Is there any chance that the BW resort has a back side entrance/exit? Again, I know PB has never been named as a suspect, or even a POI.. but, if there is an exit somewhere around the back of the hotel (without surveillance, obviously), they could have went out that way. What if someone AT the BW resort saw Brittanee, and went around to exit around the back side somewhere, walked back around outside to the front, and abducted her? I've never heard LE address any kind of theory like that, so I'm not sure if it's even a logical question to be asking.

BBM. And please correct me if I'm wrong also, but IIRC, the girls switched hotel rooms at the request of LE. (Maybe they had to do some testing, etc. in the room?) I believe I read this in an article way back when. If I run into some free time I can try to track this article down.

Also, I'd like to add a few more points to this:

PB is a good bit older than Brittanee, at least 3-4 years. If she was 17, and he was 20-21, why was he on Spring Break with a bunch of high schoolers? Here in Georgia, the college Spring Breaks and High School Spring Breaks are at least 3-4 weeks apart from each other. College is normally the last week of March, first week of April, and high school is typically the 3rd or last week of April. If the guys he was with were high schoolers, then I could see him making the trip with them- if not, why would they travel THAT far just to hang out with a bunch of kids who are way younger?

The kids he traveled with also changed their stories a few times, IIRC. If these boys were the same age as PB, why would any of their mothers be harassing them to come home early?! They would have left the next afternoon anyway! & I know that their families have money and what not, but who just leaves a $100 deposit behind?

& the guy that made the video of Brittanee in his hotel, what is he like? I know he's never been named as a POI or suspect, but I've just never heard much about him

IIRC from reports at the time -- the guy who shot this footage is not a suspect at all. It was reported that he was very forthcoming with his footage as soon as he learned of Brittanee's disappearance. I believe I also heard that soon after this footage was shot that he went back to his home state (somewhere in the midwest?) and wasn't in MB on April 25.

Which facebook page?

it's someone on my friends list who lives in rochester, idk if i'm allowed to post his name

Yea, probably not. It must not be a public page because I looked at some of the facebook pages for Britt yesterday after you posted that and couldn't find that comment.

yeh its on someones personal page. male, initials SAA

Yes, it would probably be wrong to link directly to his page. That said, since you can see that the OP tagged DD in his status you can check out DD's FB page to see the comment on her wall. I just checked this out. Turns out, the OP is an ex-boyfriend of Brittanee's.

Kryptonite has been closed for several years now, but I have found myself on more than one occasion pouring over those photos left up on their website. Just hoping one of them would give a clue. Even the ones from the incorrect date (that's how the photos are sorted on the website), just hoping there is something there.....

I hope people do come forward with any pictures from club kryptonite then from that evening. Where is the club in relation to the Blue Water? Wonder if the marina has cameras? or other cameras anywhere in between these places.

Kryptonite was facing Hwy 17 bypass.

The actual address is: 2925 Hollywood Dr, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577

Blue Water is next to the ocean, address =
2001 South Ocean Boulevard Myrtle Beach, SC 29577

Google maps shows it as 5.1 miles.

Not a jaunt I would want to walk. They said on the Disappeared episode that the guy walked her to her hotel?

Yes, it would probably be wrong to link directly to his page. That said, since you can see that the OP tagged DD in his status you can check out DD's FB page to see the comment on her wall. I just checked this out. Turns out, the OP is an ex-boyfriend of Brittanee's.

Thank you so much for all the info! & Yes, if LE asked the girls directly to switch hotels due to the fact they needed to collect any potential evidence, that would definitely make sense!

& a boat on a marina? Wow, never saw that coming. I don't know the area that well, or how close a marina would be to the area she was in- but, unless it's like, extremely close, wouldn't her cell phone be pinging at that spot instead of it going all the way to Georgetown? Maybe the Marina is closer to Georgetown? Shoot, I don't even know anymore. I seriously never saw that theory coming. But, if they're openly posting stuff like that on their Facebooks, they must be getting close to something.

Praying DD gets answers soon!

I seem to remember one of the local posters talking about being a member of a marina on the river near where Brittanee's phone last pinged. This was in a much earlier thread, and I think there was some discussion of how easy or difficult it was for someone to take their boat in & out...

Does anyone else remember this, or has my fatigue gotten the best of me?

I wonder about the comments about a boat/marina also. How wide is the ping area I wonder, i.e. could she have been travelling south on a boat down the Intracoastal Waterway or down the coast rather than down the highway? I always wondered about that but got the impression the ping area was kind of specific that she walked up Ocean Blvd a short ways then the next time her phone pings it's travelling southward down highway 17. Does Club Kryptonite fall within the ping area? Seems like it is a ways inland and north but I'll have to look again. I'd like to know more about the pings.

oops-- I just caught up on some of your posts above, thank you. So if Club Kryptonite is (was) right by Hwy 17 maybe that is within the pings depending on where her pings got on the highway or where the pings were exactly.

OK, so she comes out of Blue Water (8:45pm) supposedly to go to the Bar Harbor to return the shorts, texting or talking with John for several minutes as she seems to be walking north on Ocean Blvd....then suddenly she doesn't text or return calls anymore 8:58pm. Then at 9:27 the pings either show her (or her phone) travelling rapidly southward out of Myrtle Beach (or the pings are already pinging in Surfside at that time, we're not sure which.) Could she have bumped into friends on Ocean Blvd who said ride with us over to Club Kryptonight? Couldn't have been there very long. Then boarded a boat where? etc. Or could she have gone the other direction, cut over to the beach from Ocean Blvd, and are there any piers where boats dock there?

BBM. And please correct me if I'm wrong also, but IIRC, the girls switched hotel rooms at the request of LE. (Maybe they had to do some testing, etc. in the room?) I believe I read this in an article way back when. If I run into some free time I can try to track this article down.

hopefully that is the case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member