Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:anguish::anguish: Just noticed Brittany has been moved to the "Missing but not forgotten discussion".

Surely they knew that information about the ticket back when they were first looking at Moody! I think it's just being released now to look like there's a new development for the anniversary.

I think you may be right stillwater - somebody here found it that same day we got his name on the apartment search.

What I want to know is did LE ever take the photos of RM and show them in a lineup to the victims of the attempted assaults a week or so before Britt to see if they could ID him? Of course, better question at this point might be "did LE write down names and numbers of attempted assault victims if need to contact later?"

Welcome to WS :)

The area in which you are referring is probably the Francis Marion National Forest.

I'm not familiar with a large destructive fire in 2009?

The last fire I recall from that area was in March 2011

http://www2.counton2.com/news/2011/mar/25/6/windy-city-fire-causes-additional-detour-ar-1625162/
http://www.us17coastalhighway.com/2011/03/the-windy-fire-south-santee-south-carolina.html (with pics)

It has been searched several times by LE and CUE.

It has searched since then for the disappearance of Dara Watson (later found deceased)

Hope that helps :)

This is the fire I was talking about. It was started on April 22, 2009. It destroyed 19,000 acres, 70 homes, and more. Is this the one LE or others searched? Its within maybe 15-20 minutes of where Brit was last seen.

http://www.mahalo.com/myrtle-beach-fire/

This is the fire I was talking about. It was started on April 22, 2009. It destroyed 19,000 acres, 70 homes, and more. Is this the one LE or others searched? Its within maybe 15-20 minutes of where Brit was last seen.

http://www.mahalo.com/myrtle-beach-fire/
IIRC there was never a formal search effort concentrated there or anywhere but Georgetown county because of how quickly her phone made a 'beeline' to the area and continued to ping in the area for several hours.

Oh Brittanee... today should not be happening. My heart breaks for you and your family.

I think if you daily.

Rochester Channel 10 article:

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S2595644.shtml?cat=566

Umm....thoughts on Capt. Knipes response to phone call? I have no words. Well, I do, but can't/shouldn't say them in mixed company. WTF?

I thought the same thing when I read what he said; but I also thought I didn't hear the tone maybe he was joking. It sounded like he was annoyed like of course it's you who else would call today...and again nothing to report. Seems like Dawn was bothering them. Maybe if they solved this case she could stop calling them.

Brittanee is presently the lead story on foxnews.com, with new comments by Raymond Moody's prior victim.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/2...ls-disappearance-past-victim-person-interest/

I'm just :what: by some of this:

Harding was walking alone to meet a friend at her elementary school in Vallejo, Calif., when she encountered Moody on Jan. 20, 1983. He forced the young girl into his car, saying he intended to drop her off at a police station because “‘You’re too little to be out here by yourself,’” Harding recalled.

Moody drove to an empty cul-de-sac, where he raped the child repeatedly before she managed to escape after pleading with her assailant to use a bathroom. The young girl was able to tell police she saw a green sticker on Moody’s car, which police determined was needed to gain entry onto a U.S. Navy base in Vallejo. That ultimately led them to Moody, who confessed to the rape and to assaulting six other children. He served slightly more than half of his prison sentence.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/2...ls-disappearance-past-victim-person-interest/

Another thought I had, while I goof on local media coverage a lot, like I did yesterday with this 'breaking news', it did reveal something I had not known and I remember questioning back when we heard about the ticket, what kind of vehicle he may have been driving. Now obviously he couldnt have abducted BD on a motorcycle but we know from the RSO page he has had several vehicles, trucks, SUV, registered to him. I wonder what if any other vehicle he used at the time BD went missing. Doubt there would be much of anything valuable IN it at this point, of course never know, but again, it maybe could have helped with any traffic cameras/business cameras along the route to see if it was seen on the boulevard area that evening.

I also think it is interesting, IF he did have another vehicle, that he would take the bike all the way to MB when the ticket notes the weather as 'cloudy' unless there's some specific reason he didnt want to be driving another vehicle that day around MB..... :whistle:

I'm just :what: by some of this:

Another thought I had, while I goof on local media coverage a lot, like I did yesterday with this 'breaking news', it did reveal something I had not known and I remember questioning back when we heard about the ticket, what kind of vehicle he may have been driving. Now obviously he couldnt have abducted BD on a motorcycle but we know from the RSO page he has had several vehicles, trucks, SUV, registered to him. I wonder what if any other vehicle he used at the time BD went missing. Doubt there would be much of anything valuable IN it at this point, of course never know, but again, it maybe could have helped with any traffic cameras/business cameras along the route to see if it was seen on the boulevard area that evening.

I also think it is interesting, IF he did have another vehicle, that he would take the bike all the way to MB when the ticket notes the weather as 'cloudy' unless there's some specific reason he didnt want to be driving another vehicle that day around MB..... :whistle:

Hi SeaNymph and all!

I applaud Ms. Harding for her courage in sharing the harrowing details of the attack on her by Moody. It gives us a little insight into one of his tactics.for luring his prey. "I'm taking you to the police station because you're too little to be out here alone." :banghead: This man IS a monster!

Perhaps RM drove the motorcycle on the following overcast day for fear of the vehicle he used to abduct Brittanee being recognized by any potential witnesses, IMO. Did the traffic ticket note the direction he was traveling on hwy 17 or a mile marker? I had a hard time reading it with my old eyes.

I'm just wondering if he returned to the scene of the crime the following day IF he did abduct Britt.

MOO

wm

Hi SeaNymph and all!

I applaud Ms. Harding for her courage in sharing the harrowing details of the attack on her by Moody. It gives us a little insight into one of his tactics.for luring his prey. "I'm taking you to the police station because you're too little to be out here alone." :banghead: This man IS a monster!

Perhaps RM drove the motorcycle on the following overcast day for fear of the vehicle he used to abduct Brittanee being recognized by any potential witnesses, IMO. Did the traffic ticket note the direction he was traveling on hwy 17 or a mile marker? I had a hard time reading it with my old eyes.

I'm just wondering if he returned to the scene of the crime the following day IF he did abduct Britt.

MOO

wm

BBM

The only thing I could make out on the ticket was that he was closest to the intersection of 16 Avenue N & Cherry Drive, which appears to be, from looking at Google maps, about 3 blocks off of Hwy 17. Or, looking at it from the other direction, N Ocean Blvd, which IMO is Surf Side Beach's equivalent of the same road/street Brittanee was abducted from in MB---the main street running parallel to the ocean, 16 Ave N is the last street (or the first, depending on which direction you are traveling) you can turn on after traveling along N Ocean Blvd.

Did I confuse you guys? I just confused myself, I think. Perhaps a visual will help.

Attachments

• Brittanee.jpg
    Brittanee.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 43
BBM

The only thing I could make out on the ticket was that he was closest to the intersection of 16 Avenue N & Cherry Drive, which appears to be, from looking at Google maps, about 3 blocks off of Hwy 17. Or, looking at it from the other direction, N Ocean Blvd, which IMO is Surf Side Beach's equivalent of the same road/street Brittanee was abducted from in MB---the main street running parallel to the ocean, 16 Ave N is the last street (or the first, depending on which direction you are traveling) you can turn on after traveling along N Ocean Blvd.

Did I confuse you guys? I just confused myself, I think. Perhaps a visual will help.
It's a little confusing and hard to explain, AnonymousD, but the Ocean Blvd in Surfside and the Ocean Blvd in MB are two separate roads, in two separate cities, though very close in proximity to one another. If I had to guess I would say the 'city limits' of Surfside Beach and the exact area where Britt was would be at least 3-7 miles distance. I can try to do a Google map later after I run some errands and get back to my computer - hard for me on iPad. Basically, where he was pulled is close to the area she was in considering he lived 40-50 miles south of the general area.

I think you understand it's two separate locations, not sure others might with the reference to Ocean Blvd.

Interesting map you posted though. Looks like some wooded/pond areas right there. Could he have taken clothing, purse, phone to ditch in that area?

Thank you, SeaNymph!

Yes, I do understand. However, the more I was trying to explain my thought pattern, the more confusing my sentences became.....*sigh* Thank you for helping me with my thoughts. I do appreciate it!

The distance between Surfside Beach & MB is about 7 miles, iirc from my earlier Google map search.

I was trying to say that the same type of street (the one running parallel to the ocean---what we normally call "the main drag") is connected to the street where RM received the ticket the day after Brittanee disappeared. Just a strange coincidence, imo. Especially when RMs girlfriend stated they were "nowhere near MB".

Good point about the ponds & wooded areas! Perhaps he got spooked by receiving the ticket?

Apparently it's wheel break time for the gerbils that power my laptop so I can't link the map, but it's 5.9 miles from Blue Water at 2001 S Ocean Blvd MB to Cherry Drive Surfside Beach.

Time on ticket is 3:21 PM - Does anyone remember what time her phone stopped pinging? I know it was presumed from dead battery and that very well could be. I can't remember if it was 'early hours' or later the next morning....?

Apparently it's wheel break time for the gerbils that power my laptop so I can't link the map, but it's 5.9 miles from Blue Water at 2001 S Ocean Blvd MB to Cherry Drive Surfside Beach.

Time on ticket is 3:21 PM - Does anyone remember what time her phone stopped pinging? I know it was presumed from dead battery and that very well could be. I can't remember if it was 'early hours' or later the next morning....?

BBM

I searched & searched. I came up with about 1/2 of the MSM reports stating around midnight the night she disappeared. 1/4 say during the day the next day & the other 1/4 just don't say.

BBM

I searched & searched. I came up with about 1/2 of the MSM reports stating around midnight the night she disappeared. 1/4 say during the day the next day & the other 1/4 just don't say.

Thanks AnonymousD, it's probably a moot point as I do feel it stopped pinging because the battery died (especially with her usage), but I certainly feel checking the area in Surfside wouldn't hurt but then that goes back to the jurisdictional questions - who would do it and invest the manpower? Youve got MB city police, Georgetown Co sheriff office, which Surfside falls under neither....only hope would be SLED. And again I want to stress, I DO NOT think a body is there but it would be quite coincidental if any of her belongings were found in that area where he was stopped - could certainly help put pressure on him. Question too is if that even could be the scenario, was he stopped before or after dumping items? I'm going to go on a limb and say if you're looking for a good 'spot' you're going to be thorough and take your time - if you've found a good spot and done the deed, you want to put as much distance between yourself and those items QUICKLY.

All JMO.

There was a more recent photo of RM posted on the Fox news article, it said 2009, than the previous one I captured from local video back in August, so I updated my comparison of the composite sketch from the April 2009 attempted assaults in same area. I think it is better because the newer photo shows his 'hairline' better.

sketch vs RSO.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member