Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that would be awful wouldn't it. Though from what her boyfriend said the texts just stopped suddenly and she didn't answer anymore, and that was so unusual he was concerned and called her mom, etc.

What time was Brittannee on the camera leaving the guys' hotel room (which hotel was it, was it Blue Water?) When did the guys check out and return home? When did Brittanee's friends leave (was it Bar Harbour or which hotel were they in?) ? Did any of the friends contact the police or help search? Or was it only Brittanee's family who contacted the MB police?

Were cadaver dogs ever taken to the hotel rooms or the grounds of either hotel or any of the people's vehicles or any forensics done on any of those? Sorry so many questions, I'm trying to catch up :) Is there a timeline posted somewhere ? Thanks :)

Has there not been anything new since they were investigating that guy at the Sunset Lodge?

I wonder, did the police track the pings on everyone's phones to verify their movements? Seems like they would have been able to get warrants for phone records given the situation that she was suddenly missing and not texting or answering, had left her belongings behind, etc.

I was searching for updated info on Brittanee and came across this - kinda interesting perspective regarding Peter B and the other kids.

http://missingvoices-factreport.blogspot.com/2012/04/brittanee-drexel-case-approaching-three.html

Snipped:

"April 25th, will mark three years since Brittanee Drexel was last seen on a spring break trip taken to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Brittanee was a high school junior from the Rochester area who traveled with friends and without her mom’s permission to Myrtle Beach on April 23, 2009. Her fate still unknown to her family, friends and loved ones who have tirelessly searched for the missing teen since she went missing on that fateful evening. Her cell phone gave off it's last signal in Georgetown County and no activity on her bank account has been detected since she disappeared. Brittanee's last known footsteps were captured on video camera she was seen departing the Blue Water Resort after she reportedly visited a group of friends also from the Rochester area who were staying at that location. The police have stated publicly that the video tape is the last known sighting of Brittanee as she departed around 9 pm on that evening. "

Wow. Thanks for finding and posting that blog. The Thanks button just isn't enough for you. I have been thinking and saying for 3 years.....what about her "friends". Not just PB, but the girls. And it is extremely, extremely odd to me that of the 8-9 people she was in MB with, only ONE, PB, has ever been named. Why is that? Why haven't any of the others been called out publicly or at least named in MSM? I don't get it. IMO the only reason PB hired John Parinello and went on Dr Phil was for the attention. Didn't matter to him that it was cuz of a missing girl, he got his face on tv. And out of all the attorneys in Roc he could have hired, Parinello is the one that could get his face on national tv.

To answer a couple of recent posts, I highly doubt that the girls or the boys with PB had their cell phones checked. I also doubt that the rooms were forensically checked, or any of their cars. Remember that CD went to media and LE stating that Britt was "depressed" and a "difficult child", and IMO those statements led LE in the wrong direction of runaway. When they finally listened to DD and her bf that there was no way she was a runaway, it was days later, and all the kids were back in Roc.

I've been hoping that no info on the friends is a waiting game.....waiting to see what unfolds and that LE is watching them all. IDK. I found it interesting in the blog the part about this possibly being part of something way bigger. I've kinda thought that all along, but I'm a conspiracy theorist at heart!

Here's to hoping that big break is right around the corner........

Havent seen anything else posted on facebook yet! How frustrating!:maddening:

Anways.. I went to school with PB and his older brother and I reallyyyyyyyyy think that he is a NICE, incredibly spoiled (i prefer well taken care of!) kid who was at the wrong place at the wrong time. I do NOT think he'd harm a fly.

The girls on the other hand... well 95% of girls from Rochester, NY are somethin else n thats all I have to say about that and I am SURE that anyone from there can agree!:banghead:

and FWIW... a TON of people in Rochester are into doing drugs ALLLLLLLLLLL the time(ecstasy,cocaine). and I do mean a TON of people. Never seen so many drugged up-self centered-creditcarddebt rich-miserable aholes anywhere else in my life and I was born and raised and lived in Rochester (or a suburb of) for 25 years!

basically, I will not be shocked to find out that Brittanee died of an overdose of some sort, or something drug related and these girls panicked and did something with her.

I just submitted this to the Democrat and Chronicle's opinion page. I don't know if they'll publish it or not. Here it is though. Hopefully if the D&C doesn't publish it, then someone involved will read it here;

As we move toward the somber third anniversary of Britanee Drexel's disappearance, I can't help but wonder how much those she accompanied to Myrtle Beach know.

One person, Peter Brozowitz, has been publicly identified because he left Myrtle Beach at 2am, three hours earlier than intended. He hired a lawyer and appeared on Dr. Phil to profess his innocence and talk about his anger at being singled out from the group that left at 2am. I'm not accusing Mr. Brozowitz of doing anything. However, it was reported that his story changed three times when he returned and was questioned. It's my belief that everybody who accompanied Britanee on that trip know a lot more than they are sharing with police.

As these kids turn into young adults I'm sure some of them are dreaming of the day they are married and have children of their own. When they do that I hope they think about the absolute terror and heartache Dawn Drexel has gone through and how they'd react if something like this happened to one of their own children.

Britanee's telltale heart will never stop beating in their minds until somebody does the right thing and comes forward.

It's my belief that somebody is soon going to be overcome with guilt and crack. That person will probably get the best deal from prosecutors and the others will get the long jail terms.

I just submitted this to the Democrat and Chronicle's opinion page. I don't know if they'll publish it or not. Here it is though. Hopefully if the D&C doesn't publish it, then someone involved will read it here;

As we move toward the somber third anniversary of Britanee Drexel's disappearance, I can't help but wonder how much those she accompanied to Myrtle Beach know.

One person, Peter Brozowitz, has been publicly identified because he left Myrtle Beach at 2am, three hours earlier than intended. He hired a lawyer and appeared on Dr. Phil to profess his innocence and talk about his anger at being singled out from the group that left at 2am. I'm not accusing Mr. Brozowitz of doing anything. However, it was reported that his story changed three times when he returned and was questioned. It's my belief that everybody who accompanied Britanee on that trip know a lot more than they are sharing with police.

As these kids turn into young adults I'm sure some of them are dreaming of the day they are married and have children of their own. When they do that I hope they think about the absolute terror and heartache Dawn Drexel has gone through and how they'd react if something like this happened to one of their own children.

Britanee's telltale heart will never stop beating in their minds until somebody does the right thing and comes forward.

It's my belief that somebody is soon going to be overcome with guilt and crack. That person will probably get the best deal from prosecutors and the others will get the long jail terms.

how many cases have we seen where it was the obvious...one of the first people that were looked at...

i have never seen a good reason for the middle of the night leave taking.

my DS is the same age, and travels around a bit for a good time (spring break or just weekends that he doesn't have school stuff) and although he does some stupid stuff, he has never taken off in the middle of the night.

i know it's a little thing, but i can kinda relate to what the older kids (Peter) were doing, and DS and his friends don't EVER leave in the middle of the night

BBM. That's great Steely! Got my fingers crossed they will publish it. I read the paper very early every morning so I will be on the lookout!

Bill passed the SC House 95-0.

http://www.wistv.com/story/17626112/house-unanimously-passes-human-trafficking-law

Human trafficking investigators say Myrtle Beach is one of the hot spots for human sex trafficking in South Carolina. Now, an Horry County lawmaker has done something about it. He's helped push the state's first human trafficking bill one step closer to becoming law.

A 14-year-old girl reported as a runaway by her parents in Mexico ended up being kidnapped and sold to a midlands human trafficking ring. ...snipped...One saved. But investigators say there are thousands more right here in South Carolina.

Hi everyone, im new to webslueth but have been following this case and thread. Just one question for now...has the large area which was destroyed by fire in april 2009 searched for remains? Forgive me if the answer is in this thread and i overlooked it. Thanks all

http://www2.scnow.com/news/grand-st...ows-person-interest-near-drexels--ar-3664487/

Georgetown times released a picture of the traffic ticket. The ticket was issued the day after (4-26-2009)

He was on a Harley Davidson Motorcycle at the time.

"...A woman who claimed to be Moody’s girlfriend told News 13 in August that she was with Moody on the night Drexel disappeared in 2009 and that she and Moody were no where nearMyrtle Beachat that time..."

Attachments

• raymond-moodys-traffic-ticket.jpg
    raymond-moodys-traffic-ticket.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 30
Hi everyone, im new to webslueth but have been following this case and thread. Just one question for now...has the large area which was destroyed by fire in april 2009 searched for remains? Forgive me if the answer is in this thread and i overlooked it. Thanks all

Welcome to WS :)

The area in which you are referring is probably the Francis Marion National Forest.

I'm not familiar with a large destructive fire in 2009?

The last fire I recall from that area was in March 2011

http://www2.counton2.com/news/2011/mar/25/6/windy-city-fire-causes-additional-detour-ar-1625162/
http://www.us17coastalhighway.com/2011/03/the-windy-fire-south-santee-south-carolina.html (with pics)

It has been searched several times by LE and CUE.

It has searched since then for the disappearance of Dara Watson (later found deceased)

Hope that helps :)

Welcome to WS :)

The area in which you are referring is probably the Francis Marion National Forest.

I'm not familiar with a large destructive fire in 2009?

redcoupe may have been referring to the fire that occurred in the Carolina Forest area the same weekend that BD vanished. Her cell phone pinged in the opposite direction and I think at the time she dissappeared the area of the fire was a beehive of firefighting activity. I don't think anyone would have brought here there. (...unless my timeline is off...relying on memory...)

I see y'all got the BREAKING NEWS! from scnow about the traffic ticket.....

<snicker,snicker>

God help us all down here.

You got it stillwater, those wildfires started between the attempted assaults at the other two hotels and Britt disappearance, pushing the assault stories from front page. Those fires were north of this area, kind of between MB and NMB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3