Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the petition I signed at change.org for Brittanee. I got an email today referencing it.

PETITION UPDATE

JUSTICE FOR BRITTANEE!!

Joel Monts de Oca
Phoenix, AZ
JUN 11, 2016 — As most of you well know, the F.B.I at a press conference in South, Carolina confirmed that Brittanee Marie Drexel was killed 5 days after she disappeared in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina on 4/25/09. Here is a Facebook page that s sole focus is to get information out to the public as much as possible to help Law Enforcement capture these gutless punks who are responsible ; https://www.facebook.com/justiceforbrttne/

https://www.change.org/p/united-sta...w&utm_source=petition_update&utm_medium=email

Doesn't make much sense to me either, you don't age much in five days.

Anyone know who is responsible for the "age progression" drawing ? I know who the forensic artist is. But who paid her? Family or LE?

Never made much sense to me as an "age progression" drawing. Not much age progression from 17 to 20 yrs old in anybody.

I think I read somewhere that CUE paid someone to do it as a gift to her mother.

Thanx for posting Dee10... Canadian Forensic sketch artist Diana Trepkov; an amazingly talented lady, is a CUE member. I had the honor of meeting her when she taught a forensic art class at the 2010 CUE national missing person conference. She interviewed Donna Green whose 6 day old newborn baby; Raymond Lamar Green, was abducted in Atlanta over 3 decades ago. There was no baby photos to work with and the APD had lost his investigative file. Diana was able to retrieve the info which had been locked up in Donna G's memory all that time. She also sketched the suspect in his abduction. As you can imagine, Donna Green was overwhelmed when she saw her missing son's infant & progression photos after over 3 decades.. <Websleuth Thread Link: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Green-Abducted-6-days-old-Atlanta-6-Nov-1978

<snipped from article linked>

The photos came on request by Drexel's family and friends. Her biological families were used to produce images to reflect how she may look in present day. National renowned forensic artist Diana Trepkov provided this forensic tool to the CUE Center free of charge.

Photos display Drexel having a smaller right eye than her left, representative of an eye disease. Drexel suffered from the eye disease Persistent Hyperplastic Primary Vitreous, a birth defect that causes eye dilation issues and cataracts.

Drexel's mother, Dawn Drexel, explained in a CUE Center press release that her daughter would be in need of another surgery now and the picture displays how her eye would look without medical attention.

Drexel's age progression is one of many Trepkov provided to the CUE Center over several years. Trepkov's forensic images have assisted in solving cases of the missing and give a face and name to those needing to be identified.

Yes, Coolj, it was back in 2010 when BD's Photo & Info was distributed among jail and prison inmates. The Inmate Poker Card program and idea was by CUE members Doug & Mary Lyall; parents of missing UAlbany student Suzanne Lyall ... The Lyalls were the force behind getting Suzanne's Federal Law, passed, and the Missing/Murdered persons memorial in Albany, NY. The Inmate Poker Card has been extremely effective in many missing/murdered persons investigations across the nation.

Prison playing cards feature missing teen Brittanee Drexel - SCNow ...
http://www.scnow.com/news/local/image_b6e7ec70-2680-5d20-8cf2-028e057b0b0f.html

MYRTLE BEACH - Authorities believe a new deck of cards featuring missing persons could help &#8230;Brittanee Drexel is one of the missing people featured on a deck of cards to be distributed in South Carolina jails.

Catching up for the day and just wanted to say I went to UAlbany and I've seen this memorial. Very touching. I'm happy to see others know of her case. It is very rarely mentioned around here.

I wonder if LE is being especially vague when it comes to stating how long they've had their information because if they release when exactly they found out it would be very closely related to the arrest date of a key individual. CD said in one of his recent interviews that LE has new information. He didn't specify what they released that is "new," but what if it's all of it? Maybe they did JUST find out, but they can't say that because their informant was JUST arrested. See what I'm saying?

I wonder if LE is being especially vague when it comes to stating how long they've had their information because if they release when exactly they found out it would be very closely related to the arrest date of a key individual. CD said in one of his recent interviews that LE has new information. He didn't specify what they released that is "new," but what if it's all of it? Maybe they did JUST find out, but they can't say that because their informant was JUST arrested. See what I'm saying?
I think you might be on to something. That would explain why the parents were just now told about her killing.
Did anyone else have trouble with the vinelink ? I wasn't able to pull up any info about RKT. I'll try again.

As odd as it may seem being that McClellanville is a small town. Having the same last name doesn't necessarily equal relation. For example I live in a much smaller community and I know 5 people with the last name Cody. None of them are from the same family. I'm not saying that is the situation here, maybe all T's are related but just a reminder unless linked by genealogy I wouldn't type the association.
With that being said, blind eyes have been a plenty on the streets of McCville for some reason or another.
This case has always freaked me because I was once just like Brittanee, traveling to MB for many spring breaks. It was 10-12 years earlier then her time, but I once had a similar situation where my friends who drank followed some "local" boys to their place a bit inland. I didn't want to go but I wanted to protect my friends (haha like I was some tough, gun toting assassin). So I went, it turned out harmless but Brittanee could be me or any one of my friends. To be honest I'm surprised it doesn't happen more. And then that takes me to another level of anxiety being a mom to 2 teen girls. [emoji15]

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/1...old-case-disappearances-brittanee-drexel.html

Detectives say "RM" is the primary &#8220;person of interest&#8221; in the 2009 disappearance of 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel, who was last seen on surveillance video leaving a popular Myrtle Beach hotel along Ocean Boulevard in a case that sparked widespread media coverage. Moody, who served 21 years in prison for abducting and raping a California girl in 1983, is also being looked at in connection with another missing woman, 28-year-old Crystal Soles, law enforcement sources told FoxNews.com

Has this registered sex offender been cleared? This article was from 2012

Doesn't make much sense to me either, you don't age much in five days.

Anyone know who is responsible for the "age progression" drawing ? I know who the forensic artist is. But who paid her? Family or LE?

Never made much sense to me as an "age progression" drawing. Not much age progression from 17 to 20 yrs old in anybody.

I think I read somewhere that CUE paid someone to do it as a gift to her mother.

Catching up for the day and just wanted to say I went to UAlbany and I've seen this memorial. Very touching. I'm happy to see others know of her case. It is very rarely mentioned around here.

LLLindsayy;12622231, I had the honor of meeting Doug and Mary Lyall at a CUE conference a couple of years ago. I learned so much in such a short time from them. They were a treasure trove of information and wisdom.. I had no idea about Suzanne's Law until then..

http://definitions.uslegal.com/s/suzannes-law/

Suzanne&#8217;s laws is a federal law concerning missing persons signed into law by President Bush as part of the national "Amber Alert". It provides that there shall be no waiting period before a law enforcement agency initiates an investigation of a missing person under the age of twenty one and reports the missing person to the National Crime Information Center of the Department of Justice. To do so, it amends Section 3701 (a) of the Crime Control Act of 1990. It requires local authorities to notify the National Crime Information Center immediately if someone between the ages of 18 and 21 goes missing. Suzanne&#8217;s Law is named after Suzanne Lyall a student at State University of New York at Albany, who has been missing since 1998.

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Photos-Missing-persons-remembered-4414938.php#photo-4432820
Photos: Missing persons remembered <Albany, NY>

ALBANY &#8212; A series of events on Saturday at the State Museum remembered missing persons.
Events included a Hope Candle Lighting and a remembrance for Doug Lyall, who died in the past year. He was the father of missing University at Albany student Suzanne Lyall.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/1...old-case-disappearances-brittanee-drexel.html

Detectives say "RM" is the primary &#8220;person of interest&#8221; in the 2009 disappearance of 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel, who was last seen on surveillance video leaving a popular Myrtle Beach hotel along Ocean Boulevard in a case that sparked widespread media coverage. Moody, who served 21 years in prison for abducting and raping a California girl in 1983, is also being looked at in connection with another missing woman, 28-year-old Crystal Soles, law enforcement sources told FoxNews.com

Has this registered sex offender been cleared? This article was from 2012

Thank you! That means that two people have been on the radar from as early as 2009/10. Has Raymond Moody been cleared? Does he have any connection to the other person of interest: "For the first time, investigators are revealing that Taylor is also a person of interest in the Drexel disappearance" (link)

From your link:

"Detectives say Raymond Moody is the primary &#8220;person of interest&#8221; in the 2009 disappearance of 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel, who was last seen on surveillance video leaving a popular Myrtle Beach hotel along Ocean Boulevard in a case that sparked widespread media coverage. Moody, who served 21 years in prison for abducting and raping a California girl in 1983, is also being looked at in connection with another missing woman, 28-year-old Crystal Soles, law enforcement sources told FoxNews.com."​

February 16, 2012

The solicitor interview with Jimmy Richardson (I think it was on the previous page or on the HE page) he was asked when they knew BD was dead he was pushed and finally said under a year.

In reading about Raymond Moody, he seems like an unlikely suspect.

If it helps he was arrested for 1st degree assault in Montgomery County AL on 5/22/16. It comes up for me :-/

Here's another link to put that name into http://mcso.mc-ala.org/pubquery/login.aspx

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the other link. When I go to this link the RKT shown in the mugshot is definitely not the same RKT from Shannon's murder. The RKT in the Alabama mugshot looks to be half the age as the other RKT. I see no birthdate for the Alabama one so maybe it was just an error with the wrong mugshot in the system? Can anybody confirm the birthdate or the Alabama RKT is the same as the one from SC? The Vine link didn't work for me with any variation of spelling.

The solicitor interview with Jimmy Richardson (I think it was on the previous page or on the HE page) he was asked when they knew BD was dead he was pushed and finally said under a year.

I don't know if I believe him on that. Well, let me rephrase. I believe they may have CONFIRMED a theory that they've had for years. There are news articles that go back as far as 2010 that quote LE saying they believe she's deceased.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/brittan...m-appalled-police-think-her-daughter-is-dead/

I don't know if I believe him on that. Well, let me rephrase. I believe they may have CONFIRMED a theory that they've had for years. There are news articles that go back as far as 2010 that quote LE saying they believe she's deceased.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/brittan...m-appalled-police-think-her-daughter-is-dead/

A link was posted several days ago illustrating that Brittanee's family were informed a year after her disappearance that it was a homicide case.

The only new news from the FBI is that Brittanee was held against her will and alive in the area where her phone last pinged for five days after her abduction, and then she was brutally murdered. In order to identify the persons behind this murder, FBI have asked people from the community who saw her during those five days to come forward. Those who come forward have been guaranteed immunity and protection as well as $25k for the information providing they did not pull the trigger.

Surely someone who was there would like a fresh start in life, a clean record, and $25k pocket money! The guy who pulled the trigger would take the deal if he could find someone else to take the fall for the fatal blow.

Thanks for the other link. When I go to this link the RKT shown in the mugshot is definitely not the same RKT from Shannon's murder. The RKT in the Alabama mugshot looks to be half the age as the other RKT. I see no birthdate for the Alabama one so maybe it was just an error with the wrong mugshot in the system? Can anybody confirm the birthdate or the Alabama RKT is the same as the one from SC? The Vine link didn't work for me with any variation of spelling.

Yeah my thoughts too. The Alabama RKT is on other websites too so not sure it's just an error, although saying that it is still the same exact image but that seems like a stupid error really. SEEMS more likely that they just have the same name. None of the names are that uncommon.

Thank-you for this clarification. I looked up the SC RKT and the one I saw looks more like ST: broad features and heavy set. So more likely that is the one implicated in the Shannon M. case?

Another point that the solicitor made in his interview on WRNN is that they know what happened but need credible witnesses to come forward with the story. So I'm guessing that the info they have is from sources looking to make a deal with LE and their story won't hold up in court or they are the low man on the totem pole and LE want's the top guns. Regardless of who's talking what they are saying is true and LE knows it and they know that there are credible witnesses out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supersnooper001