Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the remains that were found were male. That was confirmed by Heather Elvis' mother, who spoke to the police. Rochestergirl is correct. I was also thinking about the coffins and wondering if remains will be unearthed. Unfortunately, if remains were eaten by an animal there's not a lot of hope.

I actually came here to say Happy Birthday to Brittanee. She is turning 24 today. I will be turning 24 in three weeks, so she's almost exactly my age. I've followed her story since the beginning, but completely forgot that she was from Rochester until I moved to Rochester to attend college. I'm currently still living here and have met PB through mutual friends, but I had no idea about his involvement until after. I think about Brittanee and her family and friends every day, and pray that she'll be found.

Happy Birthday sweet girl. Using the words of another poster, "we're one more day closer to finding you".

I also wanted to come here to wish Britt a happy birthday. I hope you come home soon!

Yeah, the remains that were found were male. That was confirmed by Heather Elvis' mother, who spoke to the police. Rochestergirl is correct. I was also thinking about the coffins and wondering if remains will be unearthed. Unfortunately, if remains were eaten by an animal there's not a lot of hope.

I actually came here to say Happy Birthday to Brittanee. She is turning 24 today. I will be turning 24 in three weeks, so she's almost exactly my age. I've followed her story since the beginning, but completely forgot that she was from Rochester until I moved to Rochester to attend college. I'm currently still living here and have met PB through mutual friends, but I had no idea about his involvement until after. I think about Brittanee and her family and friends every day, and pray that she'll be found.

:welcome6::welcome6:

Happy Belated Birthday Brittanee. It's been to long, your time has to be coming soon.

Many viable avenues on this case. But I am of the current belief this goes back to JO and her extended male family members. Some that were there in MB but slipped past the radar of being named publicly.

I just can't help but wonder whatever happened to the persons of interest. This case plagues me everyday. Joel Monts De Oca runs a Facebook page for her and he has launched a campaign of calling the Myrtle Beach police dept trying to renew their interest in Brittannee. I hope he succeeds for something needs to give.

I just can't help but wonder whatever happened to the persons of interest. This case plagues me everyday. Joel Monts De Oca runs a Facebook page for her and he has launched a campaign of calling the Myrtle Beach police dept trying to renew their interest in Brittannee. I hope he succeeds for something needs to give.

I know that people mean well, I mean that sincerely. But bombarding the police department with calls like that is a sure fire way to piss them off. It has happened on other cases and if anything is counterproductive to what they are trying to accomplish, it is that.

I still think it is strange if there was a vehicle involved that it was not caught on camera. Maybe the footage was not that great, but looking at what cars passed by could help in eliminating possibilities. The car Brittanee went down in, if it went travelling towards her while she was walking back to her hotel would be on camera. If the police department was on the same road, the person who filed the missing person's report, their car would pass the camera. I know there are many possibilities as to what might have happened. Whatever vehicle the phone was in it must have been a slow vehicle or a vehicle that stopped a few times because it does not take 3 hours to drive 50 miles.

When there are no witnesses and no person is found where do police go in an investigation like this? Missing persons cases are some of the toughest to solve.

I still think it is strange if there was a vehicle involved that it was not caught on camera. Maybe the footage was not that great, but looking at what cars passed by could help in eliminating possibilities. The car Brittanee went down in, if it went travelling towards her while she was walking back to her hotel would be on camera. If the police department was on the same road, the person who filed the missing person's report, their car would pass the camera. I know there are many possibilities as to what might have happened. Whatever vehicle the phone was in it must have been a slow vehicle or a vehicle that stopped a few times because it does not take 3 hours to drive 50 miles.

When there are no witnesses and no person is found where do police go in an investigation like this? Missing persons cases are some of the toughest to solve.

This one is especially tough since there is no crime scene. I'm just curious about the 3-4 persons of interest. I guess LE could never get the final info they needed to make any arrests.

Like mentioned before its weird there was no video or anything further to help with the investigation. Granted she was in a very public area one has to wonder if she was coaxed in a car in a friendly manner rather than forced in. Or she knew the driver maybe...

A very public place for sure. I cannot help but think about Randa Massey and how just about a year later, there was an attempted abduction right by the Bluewater Resort. It was never linked to Britt, but it just seems as though it could have been/should have been. Everyday I come here, hoping to read that Britt has come home. :facepalm:

When I didn't see Brittanee on page #1 I got a little excited for a minute. I thought could she just maybe have been found in the time that I haven't visited websleuths.

I'm never giving up hope.

I signed the petition today. There are only 3,393 signatures so far. Is there any way that the mods or Tricia would put this on the main board. Some people probably remember the case but haven't been following because there haven't been any new leads. The organizer is hoping for 5,000 signatures by the end of November. It's already the 11th.

I signed the petition today. There are only 3,393 signatures so far. Is there any way that the mods or Tricia would put this on the main board. Some people probably remember the case but haven't been following because there haven't been any new leads. The organizer is hoping for 5,000 signatures by the end of November. It's already the 11th.

Not sure if they can they deleted my direct link to it said against TOS. However they left the news story that has the link within it. Maybe they could just post it with the news article? Not sure...hope they get the 5,000 they need.

Not sure if they can they deleted my direct link to it said against TOS. However they left the news story that has the link within it. Maybe they could just post it with the news article? Not sure...hope they get the 5,000 they need.

That's how I found it. Just go to the news story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member