Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Jesse Matthew ever ruled out as a suspect? I ask because the Harrington/Grahmn case recently finished up. Is there any way they made a plea deal with him to lead them to other possible victims? She seems to fit his MO.

To my knowledge he has not been ruled out. It's a good thought and I have considered the taxi angle before. Brittanee fits his MO with regard to being in a crowded area alone and being a young pretty white girl. That said, from what we have seen of JM he tends to stick to areas he is very familiar with. I'd be interested in knowing if he traveled to Myrtle or if he had family in the area. That's a possibility that I'm sure LE has looked into.

ETA: at least not publicly ruled out.

http://wpde.com/news/crime/arrest-made-in-botched-boulevard-abduction

This is along the lines of what I have always thought happened to Brittany. So easy to catch a girl walking alone and just snatch her or pretend to want to ask a question and get her close enough to the van. These people are fairly local and maybe had looked to find an area where there were no cameras. Once you get away with this type of crime, they seem to keep doing it. (Like Matthews)
MOO

Also, I thought Dawn had moved to Myrtle Beach?

It would be interesting to see the conversation Brittanee was having with her boyfriend in terms of time elapsed between text and reply. I cannot find this specific information anywhere only that after around 15 mins were up the boyfriend was sure he had lost contact (this clearly precedes texts then calls to Brittanee informing her he would be telling her mother where she was unless she replied).

That only 17 minutes specifically elapsed before the boyfriend is fully in a panic suggests the replies from Brittanee were coming back within a very small amount of time - perhaps a minute or two, perhaps less, but surely not much more than this. This all plays into a scenario I suggested a long time ago where Brittanee might well have been completely distracted writing a reply when she was approached or snatched. I think snatched is the most likely because Brittanee never makes any response to the increasingly alarmed contact from her boyfriend. If she had willingly got into a car or gone off with someone she would have replied after 10 minutes at most I would suppose.

Along with the final pings Brittannee's phone is clearly key to this case.

This is along the lines of what I have always thought happened to Brittany. So easy to catch a girl walking alone and just snatch her or pretend to want to ask a question and get her close enough to the van. These people are fairly local and maybe had looked to find an area where there were no cameras. Once you get away with this type of crime, they seem to keep doing it. (Like Matthews)
MOO

Also, I thought Dawn had moved to Myrtle Beach?

Dawn moved back to Rochester last fall. Her other daughter graduated high school and moved back to NY to attend college. Dawn moved back to be closer to her daughter and son.

It would be interesting to see the conversation Brittanee was having with her boyfriend in terms of time elapsed between text and reply. I cannot find this specific information anywhere only that after around 15 mins were up the boyfriend was sure he had lost contact (this clearly precedes texts then calls to Brittanee informing her he would be telling her mother where she was unless she replied).

That only 17 minutes specifically elapsed before the boyfriend is fully in a panic suggests the replies from Brittanee were coming back within a very small amount of time - perhaps a minute or two, perhaps less, but surely not much more than this. This all plays into a scenario I suggested a long time ago where Brittanee might well have been completely distracted writing a reply when she was approached or snatched. I think snatched is the most likely because Brittanee never makes any response to the increasingly alarmed contact from her boyfriend. If she had willingly got into a car or gone off with someone she would have replied after 10 minutes at most I would suppose.

Along with the final pings Brittannee's phone is clearly key to this case.

I think you are correct with this. If she had her head down due to texting on her phone, it would have been very easy for someone or someones to snatch her quickly. She was very petite as well. Although she was athletic, I do not think she could have fought off 2 people grabbing her.

Brittanee was described as being 5'0 or even 4'11 in some news report, no way such a petite girl can fight off a group of adult men or even teenage guys. ^^

I think you are correct with this. If she had her head down due to texting on her phone, it would have been very easy for someone or someones to snatch her quickly. She was very petite as well. Although she was athletic, I do not think she could have fought off 2 people grabbing her.

But why not talk during the walk instead of texting. That would be the best time to talk.

But why not talk during the walk instead of texting. That would be the best time to talk.

I've always wondered if she told him she was going to do something dangerous and they quarrelled over it. He reacted awfully fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, i want to ask people this question every single day. Walking around with your head down looking at a screen is the new normal, evolution be damned.

The Taylor family is very interesting. I highly doubt the Rochester kid would be involved with them. Kidnapping and slavery don't seem like the type of activities somebody just dips their toes into or would involve a casual acquaintance in.

Just to sort it out... the Taylors have been linked to rape & murder, and have been found guilty of kidnapping and holding young girls?

The location of the last ping is unbelievably close to one of the Taylor's house...I can't seem to ignore that. I wish I could do a map. The last ping was Hwy. 17 & South Santee River, some reports say North Santee River. Now look at Old Collins Creek Rd., McClellanville, SC. On the other hand though, the boys leaving the motel between 1 & 2, in the morning & leaving some clothes & their $100 deposit is strange too. The explanation was one of boy's parents wanted him to leave as I believe it was some kind of family emergency. I wonder which boy and if he was with the the others the whole night?

The Taylor family is very interesting. I highly doubt the Rochester kid would be involved with them. Kidnapping and slavery don't seem like the type of activities somebody just dips their toes into or would involve a casual acquaintance in.

Just to sort it out... the Taylors have been linked to rape & murder, and have been found guilty of kidnapping and holding young girls?

I don't believe either of them were ever found guilty, or went to trial for crimes of that nature, but the older brother (Randall Taylor) was charged with murder related to the abduction and death of a 19 year old girl in 1998. He was one of 5 people charged and one of the other 5 people confessed and said RT killed the girl. All charges were dropped in that case due to lack of evidence. If five people were charged and only one confessed, it's hard for me to give any weight to the confession without knowing more.

This article gives a good breakdown of the criminal history of the younger brother, Timothy Shaun Taylor:

Keep in mind though, all charges were dropped in that case too because TST was proven to be 40 miles away at the time of the botched abduction. He was misidentified by the victim in a photo lineup. His history shows one domestic violence case, and the majority of his crimes appear to be DUI and child-support related. It was stated when he was arrested for the botched abduction he was in possession of a stolen vehicle that was linked to a murder, but nothing more was ever said on that.

Lots of questions marks surrounding these two brothers.

I've always wondered if she told him she was going to do something dangerous and they quarrelled over it. He reacted awfully fast. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He explains in the show Disappeared (probably Part 1) the last text IIRC from watching last night that after delivering the shorts, she was going to pack & go to bed. There was a very quick clip of the actual txt shown, but it was to fast for me to see or pause it. She may have been txt'ing if her package didn't have long distance perhaps, but he said they are always in constant communication so he knew right away, he explained in the show. I couldn't post the videos due to errors, however if you want, you can google "Disappeared - The Secret Journey" you will find the youtube links to the ID show. It was a good refresher for me.

The location of the last ping is unbelievably close to one of the Taylor's house...I can't seem to ignore that. I wish I could do a map. The last ping was Hwy. 17 & South Santee River, some reports say North Santee River. Now look at Old Collins Creek Rd., McClellanville, SC. On the other hand though, the boys leaving the motel between 1 & 2, in the morning & leaving some clothes & their $100 deposit is strange too. The explanation was one of boy's parents wanted him to leave as I believe it was some kind of family emergency. I wonder which boy and if he was with the the others the whole night?

BBM. You weren't kidding! It's only 2.4 miles away from her last ping.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/181...5b53ec!2m2!1d-79.4107875!2d33.1572102!1m0!3e0

Nothing new to add, just catching up. If you scroll back through previous threads there have been maps made and posted of the last pings from Britt's phone in relation to the T brothers' stomping grounds. I want to know for what reason these brothers were named as POI earlier in the case aside from their previous case connections and also their proximity. Certainly there are other reasons.

I want to know why RM was named a POI aside from his criminal history and proximity.

LE did say they had multiple POI, not just one. The would lend credence to the theory that they are not focusing on RM because if he is the perp it would seem he acted alone.

Now that we have some fresh faces (usernames? lol) maybe you guys would have opinions on whether the sunglasses found on the riverbank match the ones Brittanee was wearing in her beach photos.

He explains in the show Disappeared (probably Part 1) the last text IIRC from watching last night that after delivering the shorts, she was going to pack & go to bed. There was a very quick clip of the actual txt shown, but it was to fast for me to see or pause it. She may have been txt'ing if her package didn't have long distance perhaps, but he said they are always in constant communication so he knew right away, he explained in the show. I couldn't post the videos due to errors, however if you want, you can google "Disappeared - The Secret Journey" you will find the youtube links to the ID show. It was a good refresher for me.

Yeah, I know that's what has been said publicly. I mean whether there's more to the story that only he and LE know about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing new to add, just catching up. If you scroll back through previous threads there have been maps made and posted of the last pings from Britt's phone in relation to the T brothers' stomping grounds. I want to know for what reason these brothers were named as POI earlier in the case aside from their previous case connections and also their proximity. Certainly there are other reasons.

I want to know why RM was named a POI aside from his criminal history and proximity.

LE did say they had multiple POI, not just one. The would lend credence to the theory that they are not focusing on RM because if he is the perp it would seem he acted alone.

Now that we have some fresh faces (usernames? lol) maybe you guys would have opinions on whether the sunglasses found on the riverbank match the ones Brittanee was wearing in her beach photos.

BBM. Multiple POI doesn't necessarily mean they had to be in cahoots with each other IMO. If they said multiple suspects then that would be the case.

Eh...I wouldn't get too caught up in that type of detail. I very rarely talk on the phone when I can text instead. Brittanee and I are approximately in the same age group (about 2.5 years difference). The only time I talk on the phone is if it's to someone who doesn't text or if I'm driving.

That said, it's also a possibility that Brittanee wasn't only texting him. She could have been texting others as well and that info hasn't been made public. Alternately, she could have been on the internet doing whatever. All reasons she may text instead of talk.

BBM. Multiple POI doesn't necessarily mean they had to be in cahoots with each other IMO. If they said multiple suspects then that would be the case.

True. I guess I was thinking of it as being if it's one person then it's also this other person versus it could either be this person OR this person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801