Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But why not talk during the walk instead of texting. That would be the best time to talk.

John Grieco, her boyfriend, was working that evening according to her episode on Disappeared. He may not have been able to talk on the phone.

That's definitely an interesting theory. It would fit in with the fact mentioned in one of the articles about a recent age progressed image that was created of Brittanee. If they had found her remains, why would they be about to release this new image? The only reason I can think why that is relevant would be if they believe she is still alive. The quote below seems to say that she has been identified, or is it just inaccurate writing?

From the link provided earlier:
'Lt. Joey Crosby, with Myrtle Beach Police Department, said in April the case remains wide open, and they have used age progression to identify Drexel. "

https://stephww.wordpress.com/2016/06/03/breaking-news-in-brittanee-drexel-dissapearance/

I picked this particular quote apart when I first read it to. I even read it out loud to my sister and asked if it sounded weird to her too. I know I'm late to the ballgame with this one but I'm going to go ahead and agree that this is just poor wording.

Anyone think that the "friends" were doing drugs and got scared when DD started trying to get answers about Britt? I think there's a lot of info just not known about those first days in MB. I was also wondering if the Taylor brothers have a history of dealing drugs.

Anyone think that the "friends" were doing drugs and got scared when DD started trying to get answers about Britt? I think there's a lot of info just not known about those first days in MB. I was also wondering if the Taylor brothers have a history of dealing drugs.

When you refer to DD trying to get answers, are you referring to after JG contacted her about not being able to make contact? Prior to her hearing from JG she was still under the impression that Brittanee was nearby.

When you refer to DD trying to get answers, are you referring to after JG contacted her about not being able to make contact? Prior to her hearing from JG she was still under the impression that Brittanee was nearby.

Yes, once she knew where Britt was and I'm sure she freaked out about it. I do find it curious that the guys left in the middle of the night, how would they know that Britt was gone? I'm tossed about them leaving the way they did. I know I'm asking questions that have been asked over and over, I just really picked up on this again after last week's announcement. I'm local too.

Nothing new to add, just catching up. If you scroll back through previous threads there have been maps made and posted of the last pings from Britt's phone in relation to the T brothers' stomping grounds. I want to know for what reason these brothers were named as POI earlier in the case aside from their previous case connections and also their proximity. Certainly there are other reasons.

I want to know why RM was named a POI aside from his criminal history and proximity.

LE did say they had multiple POI, not just one. The would lend credence to the theory that they are not focusing on RM because if he is the perp it would seem he acted alone.

Now that we have some fresh faces (usernames? lol) maybe you guys would have opinions on whether the sunglasses found on the riverbank match the ones Brittanee was wearing in her beach photos.

I think one of the reasons that RM was considered a POI (other than the close proximity and criminal history) is because he was issued a traffic ticket in Surfside the day after BD disappeared. (So, they know for a fact that he was at least in the area around the same time she was reported missing.) In addition to that, he had just moved into the apartment (the one that LE searched) the day BEFORE her disappearance. IIRC, he also gave LE a hard time when they tried to ask him questions about BD ---refused to tell them where he was that day, wouldn't say if he knew anything about her disappearance one way or the other, that kind of thing.

I don't know if his previous address has ever been reported in the news. I do remember reading somewhere that he rented out an apartment at that same location, off and on for several years, but he only ever stayed for a few months at a time.

Yes, once she knew where Britt was and I'm sure she freaked out about it. I do find it curious that the guys left in the middle of the night, how would they know that Britt was gone? I'm tossed about them leaving the way they did. I know I'm asking questions that have been asked over and over, I just really picked up on this again after last week's announcement. I'm local too.

Them leaving the way they did doesn't make sense to anyone...at least not here on Websleuths. I don't know how the guys found out that Brittanee was gone but I'm inclined to say that either JH, DD, or both reached out to the girls Brittanee was with to find out what they knew. The girls probably contacted the guys. Alternately, JH, DD, or both may have contacted the guys directly.

Yeah, I know that's what has been said publicly. I mean whether there's more to the story that only he and LE know about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is my understanding that Brittanee was not on good terms with her boyfriend when she left. When she didn't answer him he may have (IMO) threatened to tell her mom that she was in MB just as a means to get her to respond -- not because he thought anything was particularly wrong. But when she didn't respond after a couple minutes and then still didn't respond after 10 or 15 he may have genuinely started to get worried.

I think one of the reasons that RM was considered a POI (other than the close proximity and criminal history) is because he was issued a traffic ticket in Surfside the day after BD disappeared. (So, they know for a fact that he was at least in the area around the same time she was reported missing.) In addition to that, he moved into the apartment (the one LE searched) on that same day as well. IIRC, he also gave LE a hard time when they tried to ask him questions about BD ---refused to tell them where he was that day, wouldn't say if he knew anything about her disappearance one way or the other, that kind of thing.

I don't know if his previous address has ever been reported in the news. I do remember reading somewhere that he rented out an apartment at that same location, off and on for several years, but he only ever stayed for a few months at a time.

The traffic ticket was one of the memories that escaped me after all these years. Thanks for reminding me!

Also, wasn't he staying at a hotel? I don't recall an apartment.

The traffic ticket was one of the memories that escaped me after all these years. Thanks for reminding me!

Also, wasn't he staying at a hotel? I don't recall an apartment.

It was like a cheap hotel/apartment situation, I think. Like it's probably considered a hotel technically, but they often rent rooms on monthly basis like an apartment.

ETA: the name of the place is Sunset Lodge. Some search results refer to it as a motel and others refer to it as apartments.

Reading the Massey girl's account, I'd say the Taylors have probably been the focus of the Drexel investigation since. Probably just a matter of evidence. I'd be very surprised if they aren't somehow connected.

Has it ever been determined whose house LE was searching at Corner Loop in Georgetown? I remember doing extensive Google mapping nearby that address and just wondering if I missed some details.

Them leaving the way they did doesn't make sense to anyone...at least not here on Websleuths. I don't know how the guys found out that Brittanee was gone but I'm inclined to say that either JH, DD, or both reached out to the girls Brittanee was with to find out what they knew. The girls probably contacted the guys. Alternately, JH, DD, or both may have contacted the guys directly.

More than leaving in the middle of the night, I found it hard to believe people that young would leave with out the $100 deposit. These hotels front desks are manned around the clock, all you have to do is go in and check out and allow them to check the room for damage.
When I used to go to MB at an age that I had to pay a deposit, that money was usually all I had when I got home, cause I had spent everything else on the vacay.

Has it ever been determined whose house LE was searching at Corner Loop in Georgetown? I remember doing extensive Google mapping nearby that address and just wondering if I missed some details.

Do you have a link to this? I am familiar with Georgetown.

Thanks. Corner Loop is off of Powell Road and about 3.5 miles from Pole Yard Landing, in the area of the cell phone ping. That's an interesting article.

Yes, very interesting. I wish they could continue to investigate that location but they must feel they've covered it pretty thoroughly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove