Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! According to that Twitter they will start airing the segment at the 4pm news. I found a live link @ http://www.rochesterfirst.com/live. Kinda doubt the Drexels will be able to say much at this point, if they have even been told anything yet.

If they appear on the news I think we will be able to tell a lot via non-verbal clues. Whether we can tell what the news IS is one thing, but I think we will be able to tell what it ISN'T (if I'm phrasing that right).

Anybody getting anything on the live feed? It's just black for me.

Typical hype

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

More from the article:

Attending the press conference, according to the FBI, will be David A. Thomas, the FBI's special agent in charge for South Carolina; Myrtle Beach Police Chief Warren Gall; Charleston County Sheriff J. Al Cannon, Jr.; Berkeley County Sheriff S. Duane Lewis; State Law Enforcement Division Chief Mark Keel, and a federal prosecutor from Nettles' office.

A spokesman for the Myrtle Beach police force referred questions to the FBI. Lewis said he has not been briefed about what the FBI plans to say. He said his department received a tip some time ago claiming the location of a body but that proved false.

According to the CUE Center For Missing Persons, a non-profit organization based in Wilmington, North Carolina, that has organized searches for Drexel, the Chili, New York, teenager went to the Blue Water the night of April 25 to retrieve her flip flops from a group from New York whom she met.

BBM I didn't know she went there that night to retrieve her flip flops.

Surely they have something significant to announce.

Agreed. Very strange to ask the parents to come if they're just going to say "We searched over here and searched over there and didn't find anything. Please call in tips if you have info, case is very active, we have POI's, etc." In fact, if that happens, I'll probably throw my laptop out the window. :tantrum:

More from the article:

Attending the press conference, according to the FBI, will be David A. Thomas, the FBI's special agent in charge for South Carolina; Myrtle Beach Police Chief Warren Gall; Charleston County Sheriff J. Al Cannon, Jr.; Berkeley County Sheriff S. Duane Lewis; State Law Enforcement Division Chief Mark Keel, and a federal prosecutor from Nettles' office.

A spokesman for the Myrtle Beach police force referred questions to the FBI. Lewis said he has not been briefed about what the FBI plans to say. He said his department received a tip some time ago claiming the location of a body but that proved false.

According to the CUE Center For Missing Persons, a non-profit organization based in Wilmington, North Carolina, that has organized searches for Drexel, the Chili, New York, teenager went to the Blue Water the night of April 25 to retrieve her flip flops from a group from New York whom she met.

Probably just the typical shoddy journalism we see way too often in these cases.

Surely they have something significant to announce.

It might be an announcement of person(s) of interest and an appeal for additional information that's what I think will happen tomorrow.. I hope I'm wrong and it's more significant.

More from the article:

Yes, that has always been the reported reason for her going to see the boys. And then the girls got her to come back to return a pair of shorts. Seems they had her walking up and down Ocean blvd retrieving items....

Steph Watts did say they were preparing for a trial, so I'm still hopeful, although I can't help but think that he might have just assumed they were preparing for a trial because there is going to be a US Attorney present.

Similar thing happened in Tara Grinstead case, just days before her case was to air on Greta show GBI claimed they got a tip and they searched a pond, nothing ever came of it

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Steph Watts did say they were preparing for a trial, so I'm still hopeful, although I can't help but think that he might have just assumed they were preparing for a trial because there is going to be a US Attorney present.

Yes, he did. I checked his FB page & he flew down to SC as well to attend & report tomorrow.

IIRC, he stated that it is the US Attorney's office that is preparing for the trial.

I sure hope something sifnificant will come from this. Would they have her parents travel down from NY for something small? I would not think so.

I sure hope something sifnificant will come from this. Would they have her parents travel down from NY for something small? I would not think so.

I don't know. I flip-flop on this topic. I stated in the beginning that I didn't think it would be groundbreaking news and that I thought it would be more of a "here's where we stand" type thing. However, what you say is true. I don't think they'd bring them down unless they had to. In this case I feel like even the tiniest bit of news could be huge considering the fact that nothing has been released publicly in quite some time (dare I say years?). In the first couple years after Brittanee went missing they would release little details around the anniversary it seemed like. No news this year.

Again, I think that if the info was super important then a PC would have happened much quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member