Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be an announcement of person(s) of interest and an appeal for additional information that's what I think will happen tomorrow.. I hope I'm wrong and it's more significant.

But even that would be a fairly significant development, considering how long it's been with nothing happening.

More from the article:

Attending the press conference, according to the FBI, will be David A. Thomas, the FBI's special agent in charge for South Carolina; Myrtle Beach Police Chief Warren Gall; Charleston County Sheriff J. Al Cannon, Jr.; Berkeley County Sheriff S. Duane Lewis; State Law Enforcement Division Chief Mark Keel, and a federal prosecutor from Nettles' office.

A spokesman for the Myrtle Beach police force referred questions to the FBI. Lewis said he has not been briefed about what the FBI plans to say. He said his department received a tip some time ago claiming the location of a body but that proved false.

According to the CUE Center For Missing Persons, a non-profit organization based in Wilmington, North Carolina, that has organized searches for Drexel, the Chili, New York, teenager went to the Blue Water the night of April 25 to retrieve her flip flops from a group from New York whom she met.

BBM I didn't know she went there that night to retrieve her flip flops.

BBM. From this article: http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_1fcd7134-0055-11e4-b157-0017a43b2370.html

What Dawn Drexel has been able to piece together was that after Brittanee spent the day at the beach near the Bluewater Resort, she was dropped off at the Bar Harbor.

Dawn Drexel said Brittanee received a text that she’d forgotten her flip-flops, so she walked 20 blocks back to the Bluewater Resort to retrieve them later that evening.

Brittanee stayed about 10 minutes, and then left the resort to walk back to her own motel, a distance of about 1.4 miles, police reports state.

Also from this article, and apparently having escaped my memory, was that Brittanee was blind in her right eye. I wonder if she was approached from the right and - literally - did not see anything coming :'( :'(

More from the article:

Attending the press conference, according to the FBI, will be David A. Thomas, the FBI's special agent in charge for South Carolina; Myrtle Beach Police Chief Warren Gall; Charleston County Sheriff J. Al Cannon, Jr.; Berkeley County Sheriff S. Duane Lewis; State Law Enforcement Division Chief Mark Keel, and a federal prosecutor from Nettles' office.

A spokesman for the Myrtle Beach police force referred questions to the FBI. Lewis said he has not been briefed about what the FBI plans to say. He said his department received a tip some time ago claiming the location of a body but that proved false.

According to the CUE Center For Missing Persons, a non-profit organization based in Wilmington, North Carolina, that has organized searches for Drexel, the Chili, New York, teenager went to the Blue Water the night of April 25 to retrieve her flip flops from a group from New York whom she met.

BBM I didn't know she went there that night to retrieve her flip flops.

The police report states that she met up w/ the guys who were staying at the Blue Water Resort earlier that morning/afternoon on the beach... around 11-12. The media added the info about leaving her flip flops on the beach. Reportedly, the whole reason she walked down there was to retrieve the flip flops. Whether that's true is probably anyone's guess. Maybe she just used them as an excuse to get away from the girls because they were being mean to her. Or maybe she told her BF that just to give an explanation for why she went down there. Or the news could have just assumed/added on incorrect info in their shoddy reporting.

Steph Watts posted on his FB page that "the Drexels have left the meeting with LE and FBI, the news was grim, public presser tomorrow. Pray for justice.

Steph Watts posted on his FB page that "the Drexels have left the meeting with LE and FBI, the news was grim, public presser tomorrow. Pray for justice.

This sounds a whole lot like they're just going to announce that they believe she is dead, which I thought they had already announced.

I have to say, I am not entirely confident in what Steph W has been reporting. He doesn't seem to have much to back up his statements, he is the only one reporting certain "fact's" (i.e. trial?), and I think many have his posts from last week about Brittanee seem to have been deleted. This is just my opinion and I could be wrong.

http://www.whec.com/news/fbi-update-brittanee-drexel-case/4162008/?cat=565

Brett Davidsen: "So is it safe to say you have significant leads that the public doesn't know about?"

Lt. Joey Crosby: "We've worked very hard."

But that's about all he'll say. Crosby says he understands the public's frustration.

"If we release those small details that we have that maybe only we and somebody else knows, and then we give that one piece of information, it can be detrimental to the entire case," says Lt. Crosby

and

"This press conference has been called by the FBI -- we've partnered with," says Lt. Crosby. "Tomorrow, we'll release the information we have at the press conference for all the public to know."

I imagine that if there was a confession then there would also be an arrest which they said they did not have.

Unless that person was already in custody/prison for a completely different murder? Someone with a long long sentence? Or possibly someone who was arrested pretty recently in another state and they found several photos of bound/gagged women? How does that work, do they arrest you for each additional crime or does it just go to trial?

Possible confession?

SW just posted that the family of BD had just left the meeting with the FBI and other local LE, and the out come was grim. That's not word for word. Mods if his is against TOS please delete.

I imagine that if there was a confession then there would also be an arrest which they said they did not have.

Agreed, although I think it's very possible that somebody that knows something has been speaking with LE and that set some wheels in motion.

Unless that person was already in custody/prison for a completely different murder? Someone with a long long sentence? Or possibly someone who was arrested pretty recently in another state and they found several photos of bound/gagged women? How does that work, do they arrest you for each additional crime or does it just go to trial?

I think you're talking about Willis? I would assume his legal issues would have to play out in Michigan first, and then there would be an extradition process to move him out of state for crimes committed elsewhere if the other states wanted to proceed with prosecution. I highly doubt Willis has anything to do with this though.

Possible confession?

That's the way I'm currently leaning. I think someone recently arrested for an unrelated federal crime may have offered to disclose info about BD's disappearance to LE in exchange for a lesser sentence. Her remains may have been disposed of in such a way that it would be impossible to recover them 7 years later.

That's the only thing that seems logical to me at this point. I hope I'm wrong though...

I think you're talking about Willis? I would assume his legal issues would have to play out in Michigan first, and then there would be an extradition process to move him out of state for crimes committed elsewhere if the other states wanted to proceed with prosecution. I highly doubt Willis has anything to do with this though.

The 1st to come to mind was JLM, he is in prison, there must have been more victims. 2nd thought I was Willis (or cases like his where they discover photos of possible additional victims). I really hope that's not the case though.

That mention of using the age progression to identify her makes me wonder if she was in somebody's pictures somewhere? Not necessarily Willis.

CD posted on his Facebook that he interviewed with the reporter I linked to earlier. I asked him on Twitter when we can see his story. His response:

Mark Gruba ‏@MarkGruba · 31m31 minutes ago

@lllindsayy @news_8 had live reports at 4, 5 & 6.. I'll also have a story airing tonight at 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove