Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been posted yet, update from the Sun News and comments from DD's attorney, Brad Conway...http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article82865097.html

This sounds so promising (from your link):

Supervisory Special Agent Don Wood with the FBI field office in Columbia said that they have received tips since the conference, but he wouldn’t quantify how many. He did say that the information from the local community started coming in right after the press conference as people shared ideas with investigators in the parking lot of the Magistrate’s court where the conference was held.

The problem with the knock off Prada pink sunglasses is that places like "Forever 21' sold them by the millions across the nation. So they could have easily belonged to a hiker, boater etc, that lost them at one time. jmo

Yes,but what are the chances that another person in the remote woods of SC had them when a missing girl in that area was seen wearing them before her disappearance.I'd think slim.

I asked about this the other day and no one responded on their thoughts. I have opinions on this case, but none of them are as strong as the feeling that I had/continue to have that those were Brittanee's glasses.

I must have missed your post about the sunglasses. I surely would have responded.

I joined WS in May of 2009. I'm from her hometown and it hit me hard. At the time i had daughters her age and now my youngest is 15. I used to post a lot on here but, things in my life kept me from here. I did how ever pop in every now and then and read a bit. And every-time I drive to Florida I get sick and think about her when I see signs for MB.

Anyways to get back on topic... the sunglasses. Immediately after watching the PC me and my older daughter (we were sick to our stomachs) talked about so much and both of us at all most the same time said what about the sunglasses??? We feel strongly about them..another poster said they came back with no DNA but my gut says they are hers. And that's just my own opinion

This sounds so promising (from your link):

Supervisory Special Agent Don Wood with the FBI field office in Columbia said that they have received tips since the conference, but he wouldn’t quantify how many. He did say that the information from the local community started coming in right after the press conference as people shared ideas with investigators in the parking lot of the Magistrate’s court where the conference was held.

Wow....in the parking lot at the press conference? That sound promising. Although it directly contradicts the news piece from the other night where reporter interviewed 15 people in McC and not one would go on camera and said they don't want to get involved. Then again, those who don't want to get involved wouldn't be at the press conference either so....

One thing that is still bugging me is that FBI said Britt "traveled" to McC. Not was brought there or taken to there but "traveled." Also they said that she was held against her will a "portion" of the time. Does that wording seem strange to anyone else or is it just me?

I asked about this the other day and no one responded on their thoughts. I have opinions on this case, but none of them are as strong as the feeling that I had/continue to have that those were Brittanee's glasses.

I must have missed this. I do feel like they're hers too.

The problem with the knock off Prada pink sunglasses is that places like "Forever 21' sold them by the millions across the nation. So they could have easily belonged to a hiker, boater etc, that lost them at one time. jmo

I wonder about the wording "knock off" though. To me, a "knock off" is a pair of Prada sunglasses that say "Prada" on them, but aren't truly made by Prada...fakes, replicas. Like the type of thing you can find on side streets in NYC, with the sellers claiming the items are authentic. Sunglasses that places like Forever21 sells are similar in style, but don't outright say "Prada" on them. They're just shaped the same or have similar designs on them. I consider those to be "inspired by," but not dead-on "knock offs" since the Prada name isn't on them. Depending on the journalist though, it's hard to say what exactly they meant when they said "knock offs."

Yes,but what are the chances that another person in the remote woods of SC had them when a missing girl in that area was seen wearing them before her disappearance.I'd think slim.

Agree.

1. imo, I think the group she was with know nothing about what happened, I do not think they know the ppl that may be involved.
2. imo, they split so early and hitailed it back to NY was because they were doing something illegal and did not want to get caught.
3. imo, the T brothers and associates are the ppl LE is focusing on.

all of this is JMO.

I must have missed your post about the sunglasses. I surely would have responded.

I joined WS in May of 2009. I'm from her hometown and it hit me hard. At the time i had daughters her age and now my youngest is 15. I used to post a lot on here but, things in my life kept me from here. I did how ever pop in every now and then and read a bit. And every-time I drive to Florida I get sick and think about her when I see signs for MB.

Anyways to get back on topic... the sunglasses. Immediately after watching the PC me and my older daughter (we were sick to our stomachs) talked about so much and both of us at all most the same time said what about the sunglasses??? We feel strongly about them..another poster said they came back with no DNA but my gut says they are hers. And that's just my own opinion

Just got back to work from lunch break and catching up. Autumn, we've talked many times. We are anniversary-date buddies. When Brittanee disappeared I was 19, 20 when I joined this site. I used to post a lot more than I did over the last few years. I continued to stop by here and there but never had much to contribute. A couple weeks ago I made my first post in a while and then very shortly thereafter they announced the PC on 6/8 and so I stuck around the find out the outcome. Brittanee brought me to this site, hence my signature, and I will be here until her case is resolved. After that I may pop in from time to time but I don't know that I'll ever have the same passion that I had/have for Britt.

Autumn, I am with you. I feel that the glasses are Brittanee's. I've always said that and I maintain that.

LLLindsay that is what CD said in his interview on Wease.

Thank you. I have been unable to listen to the interview since I've been at work and my computer does not have audio capabilities. I am very intrigued by this fact that they have evidence beyond people's stories. IMO, they have found the crime scene.

IMO, there might be video/photo evidence of Brittanee captive or even being raped, but IMO, there is no video/photo evidence of her murder or body.

I must have missed this. I do feel like they're hers too.

I wonder about the wording "knock off" though. To me, a "knock off" is a pair of Prada sunglasses that say "Prada" on them, but aren't truly made by Prada...fakes, replicas. Like the type of thing you can find on side streets in NYC, with the sellers claiming the items are authentic. Sunglasses that places like Forever21 sells are similar in style, but don't outright say "Prada" on them. They're just shaped the same or have similar designs on them. I consider those to be "inspired by," but not dead-on "knock offs" since the Prada name isn't on them. Depending on the journalist though, it's hard to say what exactly they meant when they said "knock offs."

Agree.

Starry, it's good to see you. The glasses found say "Prada" on them. I don't know if they are knock-offs or not.

For reference:
sunglassses.jpg
Source: http://wpde.com/news/local/sunglasses-found-in-brittanee-drexel-search

Thank you. I have been unable to listen to the interview since I've been at work and my computer does not have audio capabilities. I am very intrigued by this fact that they have evidence beyond people's stories. IMO, they have found the crime scene.

IMO, there might be video/photo evidence of Brittanee captive or even being raped, but IMO, there is no video/photo evidence of her murder or body.

I agree Lindsay. I for one am glad they are holding back so much info and after hearing CD I have no doubts anymore that they know exactly what happened and who is responsible. I think they are playing it smart so that they can assure a conviction, unlike what happened back in 1998. I also think it's the same group responsible, hence why they are holding back. Also from his interview I think it's more than just Britt, that there are several cases. CD wouldn't answer when asked that question, which in itself is the answer. The only thing that makes me nervous is that CD is doing interviews. I just hope that it doesn't jeopardize anything. Not that he would intentionally divulge anything but his non-answers are answers to me at least.

I think the CW interviews are strategic moves. Little drips of information coming out and it's letting the perps know that LE has the goods and it's only a matter of time for them and anyone that has information they should be sharing. I'm sure that the perps are also under surveillance unless they are incarcerated, which wouldn't surprise me at all.

I agree Lindsay. I for one am glad they are holding back so much info and after hearing CD I have no doubts anymore that they know exactly what happened and who is responsible. I think they are playing it smart so that they can assure a conviction, unlike what happened back in 1998. I also think it's the same group responsible, hence why they are holding back. Also from his interview I think it's more than just Britt, that there are several cases. CD wouldn't answer when asked that question, which in itself is the answer. The only thing that makes me nervous is that CD is doing interviews. I just hope that it doesn't jeopardize anything. Not that he would intentionally divulge anything but his non-answers are answers to me at least.

Same. LE is basically telling us who they are looking at by saying that they are still in the McC community. I don't think they think it's a secret to anyone and I'm sure it's not even a secret to their families. I agree that they might very well be holding off on pressing charges/making an arrest at this point because they do not want the same thing to happen as what happened in Shannon's murder - they don't want them to get off on some technicality. They're very clearly getting all their ducks in a row. I just REALLY hope they can get the answers they need before this happens again. I am also inclined to say that after they bring them in for Brittanee's case we will see them charged in other cases as well.

Just got back to work from lunch break and catching up. Autumn, we've talked many times. We are anniversary-date buddies. When Brittanee disappeared I was 19, 20 when I joined this site. I used to post a lot more than I did over the last few years. I continued to stop by here and there but never had much to contribute. A couple weeks ago I made my first post in a while and then very shortly thereafter they announced the PC on 6/8 and so I stuck around the find out the outcome. Brittanee brought me to this site, hence my signature, and I will be here until her case is resolved. After that I may pop in from time to time but I don't know that I'll ever have the same passion that I had/have for Britt.

Autumn, I am with you. I feel that the glasses are Brittanee's. I've always said that and I maintain that.

Linsday,

I remember talking with you.

Same here.

Me too.

I also believe the "prada" sunglasses that were found a few years ago are Brittanee's.

I agree Lindsay. I for one am glad they are holding back so much info and after hearing CD I have no doubts anymore that they know exactly what happened and who is responsible. I think they are playing it smart so that they can assure a conviction, unlike what happened back in 1998. I also think it's the same group responsible, hence why they are holding back. Also from his interview I think it's more than just Britt, that there are several cases. CD wouldn't answer when asked that question, which in itself is the answer. The only thing that makes me nervous is that CD is doing interviews. I just hope that it doesn't jeopardize anything. Not that he would intentionally divulge anything but his non-answers are answers to me at least

Oh my goodness I've been so worried about this too since he first talk to the news ch. I understand he's crying out for help from the public but it worries me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beaverton