Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the drugs, consider the location of McClellanville. A "sleepy" fishing village with access to the Atlantic and the ICW. Lot's of commercial fishing vessels like shrimp boats along with salt water offshore fishing boats. Charleston seaport is easily accessed by boat of car. Pretty sure the Britt connection is just a layer that's being peeled back.

In the special where they talk to Brittanee's boyfriend, they discuss the sunglasses. He said he did not recognize them but that should could have bought them on the trip. Someone (I don't remember who) said when the glasses were found, they were in very good condition. They did not appear to have been exposed to the elements.

Regarding the drugs, consider the location of McClellanville. A "sleepy" fishing village with access to the Atlantic and the ICW. Lot's of commercial fishing vessels like shrimp boats along with salt water offshore fishing boats. Charleston seaport is easily accessed by boat of car. Pretty sure the Britt connection is just a layer that's being peeled back.

In the past that has been the case. In this case I think the drug connections come down through Jamestown from Orangeburg and the big I-95. I could see drug dealers from the backwoods of McV having a much needed secondary market at the clubs in MB at spring break. And they would also have close connections with bouncers, doormen and servers at those clubs. If the whole NY crew had been at a club ( did I hear she was seen in the VIP area of Club K? did she have a fake ID or did a companion slip her in w Rochester connections?) they may have mingled and "made friends" at that club prior to her getting in that car.

In my sleuthing of CDs fb page he shared the link of the "Ts" and their links to Shannon, and others including BD. Think they knows its them too.

That is a great idea bestill!

The interview with CD had a lot of info. I watched his face carefully when the female DJ asked him about the attempted abduction in MB and was going to look up the guys name. He never commented or offered a name. It kinda confimed to me who were the people involved. Chad was correct about McClellenville probably being the poorest place he had ever seen. I agree with him. Hopefully this reward money will entice someone to come forward and spill details. MOO

Interesting. The local AME church's pastor's last name is Taylor.

And I think it was suggested on here that the pastors of the local churches reach out to their congregation about this case.

This is the link CD posted on his Facebook page. I would say this confirms it and there is no more room for speculation as to who LE is looking at for this crime.

And who would that be?

In the past that has been the case. In this case I think the drug connections come down through Jamestown from Orangeburg and the big I-95. I could see drug dealers from the backwoods of McV having a much needed secondary market at the clubs in MB at spring break. And they would also have close connections with bouncers, doormen and servers at those clubs. If the whole NY crew had been at a club ( did I hear she was seen in the VIP area of Club K? did she have a fake ID or did a companion slip her in w Rochester connections?) they may have mingled and "made friends" at that club prior to her getting in that car.

There is also a lot of gang activity in the nearby North Charleston/Summerville area. All of the shootings that took place in Myrtle Beach during the 2014 Memorial Day weekend were between rival gangs from Summerville. I obviously don't know if any of these bros, or their cousins, or other family members have a connection with these gangs, but it's something to consider. Gangs = drugs. And drugs are almost always prevalent within traffic rings as well.

(McClellanville is roughly the midpoint between Summerville & MB--an hour drive to either location; Summerville is roughly 60 miles south/southwest and Myrtle Beach is roughly 60 miles north of MC.)

I saw this trending on FB last night and had to come see what was going on here in WS.

I've always thought that Brit's disappearance was likely a stranger abduction.

The idea that she was kept alive for several days.....it reminds me of the Holly Bobo case. Poor Brit. And her poor family. :(

This is an ABC article back in July 2010:

This past April, detectives confirmed they had developed several persons of interest in Drexel's case. All of the persons of interest are from the McClellanville area, though no arrests have been made.

While Shaun Taylor wasn't named an official person of interest in Drexel's case, detectives interviewed him and showed strong interest in him during the early stages of the investigation -- which may explain why detectives returned to him and McClellanville after last week's failed abduction.

http://wpde.com/news/crime/arrest-made-in-botched-boulevard-abduction

From NBC Nov.. 2010:

For the first time, investigators are revealing that Taylor is also a person of interest in the Drexel disappearance.
Captain Vella says even though Taylor is a person of interest in the case, it doesn't mean the cases are directly related.

http://raycomgroup.worldnow.com/sto...formation-in-drexel-disappearance?config=H264

I just got back in town last night and read this on FB trending so of course I immediately came here. I am just sick about this. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Drexel family.

I am going out on a limb here and relying on memory from early in this case so consider this asrumor. Does anyone else remember chatter early on about a party that members of the group Brittanee was with attending a party thrown by some kids from a HS or community college south of MB before she disappeared? This alleged party was the first thing I thought of when I read that more than one person knows what happened to Britt. The person(s) who took her after she left Bluewater could have been someone she met at that alleged party if she was there. Perhaps they delivered illegal substance to the guys at bluewater and laid in wait for Britt to return to her hotel after being sent by the girls to pick up their half of the purchase.

Please somebody chime in if you recall this discussion and details. Possible aquisition of drugs were discussed. More than one person having knowledge of what happened just wreaks of something wild young men would do.

My gut tells me that the alleged party to the south the group allegedly attended may play a pivotal role in what happened to Britt. I never felt the group she was with did anything to her but that they knew or at least suspected by association due to possible aquisition of drugs. All my speculation and opinion.

I agree with the person upthread who suggested searching arrest records in the three counties involved and the municipalities. Sound like someone may have been arrested for a felony and is talking in hopes of gettting a reduced sentence. It may be a futile effort though since authorities said they have known this information for awhile it would be difficult to pin down a date. Heck I would go so far as to check for criminal and arrest records for members of the Chili group.

I wish I had time on my hands to sleuth like I did once upon a time. But the important thing is somebody's talking and for that I am grateful. My prayer is that Brittanee and the Angels will shine a light which leads to her remains so that her family can mourn properly, give her a proper burial and also celebrate her short life here on Earth. She exuded a beautiful spirit like no other.

MOO

@waltzingmatilda I think you are onto something, and I do remember party. I watched the Dr. Phil episode over again this week and specifically remember PB mentioning that the guys were already packed up and ready to go cause they were going to a party that night, when he was asked why they left in middle of the night.

Can we please brainstorm ways that people in McClellanville would have seen Brittanee and "may not have known what they saw" ?

I suggested by chance that she was presented as someone else ("mom, dad, this is my coworker _______, we are heading out to the bar tonight I just had to come home and change.") or that she was in a disguise (wig?). But no one really latched onto the suggestion so I'd like to know what you guys are thinking. Perhaps the person who saw something is reading here and they might need their memory jogged a little bit.

LLLindsayy I think you may have a point here too, it stood out to me that the age progression photo, didn't look like an older Brittanee it was just a different hair style and not a up to date hairstyle either. I wondered if this drawing was a depiction of what someone described of someone they saw looked like? They mentioned in some articles the drawing was to help recognize her.

Not sure if this is too off topic or if anyone has already brought this up but HJR from the Shannon McConaughey case is on mugshots.com for second degree criminal sexual conduct.

I agree Lindsay. I for one am glad they are holding back so much info and after hearing CD I have no doubts anymore that they know exactly what happened and who is responsible. I think they are playing it smart so that they can assure a conviction, unlike what happened back in 1998. I also think it's the same group responsible, hence why they are holding back. Also from his interview I think it's more than just Britt, that there are several cases. CD wouldn't answer when asked that question, which in itself is the answer. The only thing that makes me nervous is that CD is doing interviews. I just hope that it doesn't jeopardize anything. Not that he would intentionally divulge anything but his non-answers are answers to me at least.

I think so too, that there may be other missing people related to this, I also picked up on CD slipping and saying that they want a life sentence or even death penalty for the people, so they have to be certain, if they are gonna charge 12, so I think there are lots involved, a ring of sorts, and they have been doing this for a longtime. If it is in fact this group of brothers, and more, how does one explain their criminal history already and how they are still walking free? Sounds like the judges or whomever keeps letting these guys off and out of jail may have some fault here, anyone else agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach K