Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread 15 #719 (August 2012)

Thanks for the kind words.

I do remember them searching near the old Air Force base which is very near the airport.

Re: the cell phone. The home I'm speaking of is not really that close to where the phone last pinged. It's a little bit of drive from there. In other words , not in his backyard.

Sometimes I feel like RM is way too easy of a POI. It seems like whenever there's an anniversary of the kidnapping or Brittanee's birthday, we get some new nugget to chew on for awhile.JMO I often think how much Dawn must hate this place.

I will say this, very soon after Brittanne went missing there was talk here (and I mean people who might know such things) that "these bad guys who are brothers from Georgetown did it and it involved heroin". This was way before the former POI's were even mentioned. I know for a fact that this tip was called into LE early on. There might be plenty of other bad guys in Georgetown for all I know.

I believe whoever did this is a local who is familiar with the area (that would include RM). I've lived here 20 years and never noticed most of those places.I also believe there is a connection to Surfside that, if figured out, would help solve this. I have tried to find a connection with all of the POI;s named so far and have come up empty handed.

BBM for emphasis.

Thread 15 post #822 (September 2012):

Powerful letter by Dawn alot of information we didn't know. I clipped only a portion below use link for full article/letter.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/196611...emands-answers

Brittanee Drexel's mother demands answers
Posted: Sep 27, 2012 9:00 PM EDT
Updated: Sep 27, 2012 9:26 PM EDT
By Sean Maginnis - email
MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF)The mother of missing New York teen Brittanee Drexel issued a letter to WMBF News Thursday night, questioning whether the people who saw her last told police everything they know.

Dawn Drexel's letter can be read in its entirety below:

"Please share my announcement in honor of my daughter in what should have been her 21st Birthday….

This letter is being written concerning information that I am aware of that surrounds the disappearance of Brittanee Drexel whom went missing in Myrtle Beach SC. The past three years have been a heart wrenching experience and I know someone has knowledge of what happened to my daughter.

The link still works. In the event it didn't copy & paste correctly here it is: http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/19661119/brittanee-drexels-mother-demands-answers

From the article:

Arriving in Myrtle Beach I learned Peter, a club promoter and his friends had left at 1:00 am to head back to Rochester, New York and that they had been asked to leave the hotel for remarks that were made to one of the hotel employees at the Blue Water Resort.

The others who Brittanee rode with were still there, leaving two days later upon my arrival, but they only stayed that long due to the police questioning them.

Then there is the infamous camera shot of my daughter entering the Blue Water and exiting, never to be seen or heard from again. My question is when she entered she went to the right, but the elevators were on the left? That has always bothered me because the only thing to the right is the hotel pool area.

ETA:

My daughter in well lit streets packed with beach vacationers from all over walked from the Bar Harbor to the Blue Water to get a pair of shoes she had left in a vehicle earlier that day.

Wait...so did the boys carry the shoes into their hotel or did they leave them in the vehicle? Did Brittanee go up to their room only to find out that she had to go to their car to retrieve them? Was the car parked in a lot or a garage somewhere? Is that where she was abducted? No camera caught her on the way back to her hotel...

Thread 15 post #842:

BD walked by the traffic cam at 8:15 pm. The traffic cam is located at the intersection of 11th Avenue South and South Ocean Boulevard. The distance from this location to the Bluewater Resort is approximately .66 miles. The time stamp on the photo of her entering the Bluewater Resort is 7:55 pm (see below). The time stamp is at the bottom of both photos. The time stamp on the photo of her exit is 8:13 pm (see below). In the video posted below at :44 she is recorded walking to the Bluewater Resort at 20:15 which is military time for 8:15 pm. Obviously the time stamp on either the traffic cam or the Bluewater Resort is incorrect. If you watch the Investigation Discovery show on BD one of the detectives states she left the Bluewater Resort at 8:48 pm. I am guessing LE also realized the time stamp on the Bluewater Resort camera was incorrect and corrected it. So if BD did leave the Bluewater Resort at 8:48 pm and the time stamp on the photo is 8:13 pm it is 35 minutes off. If you correct the entrance photo which shows the time to be 7:55 pm by 35 minutes the corrected time would be 8:30 pm. Her last text was at 8:58 pm so there is a gap of 10 minutes where she was either walking back to her hotel or she could have been hanging out in a parking lot getting some shoes as has been suggested. As Fabgod has stated the baseball game between the Red Sox and Yankees that was being watched lasted until around 8:31 pm. I had read in this forum the location of the traffic cam was at 11th Avenue South and I went looking for it and found it via Google Maps. It is on a second floor ledge of the Quality Inn and Suites near the palm tree. Check out post #519 to see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...=kkMglrcK1J4#!

Looks like this has been suggested and I totally missed it before. I think this is around the time I stopped being so active in this case. Is this a real possibility? I'm still baffled by this timeline in conjunction with the statement that something happened to her within 7 minutes of leaving BW. Still trying to work this all out in my head.

Thread 15 post #913

I know what you're talking about, that picture is on his FB! He's driving a candy apple red convertible ferrari! However, I'm 99.999% sure that isn't the only car he drives. He would need something bigger with more space to tote around all of his friends and buddies from the clubs.

I've also stumbled across a picture of him dressed as a woman..... wig and all. Just throwing that out there

Now that I'm looking, I see he enjoys going out on the boat(s). I'm going to assume that his parents own them, because there are multiple that I've seen. Not that it could tie to Brittanee in any way, just found it interesting. There is another picture of him wearing footed pajamas. I'm seeing an additional photo from August 12th of this year with him posing by a white rolls royce. There is a picture of him inside a white lamborghini too. Not saying that he or his friends are responsible, but even if they were, you now have an idea of how difficult it would be to identify which white car they used to make the trip.

Brittanee's grandmother mentioning the "white car" comment on Maury is something I've never even heard. She said "LE said there was a white car involved"- okay, why hasn't LE mentioned it yet?? If they had an idea of the make/model and color of a vehicle that may be in connection with the disappearance, they should have said it by now.. I'm sure there would be tips pouring in. I had no idea RM had a white vehicle! I recall seeing a green smaller pick up truck, and then of course pictures of the harley. Good find!!

Does anyone follow Crystal Sole's case?? At one point, LE was saying that the cases could possibly have a connection (Moody)- but, again, after that room was searched, I didn't hear anything else about Crystal or any kind of updates on the search for her.. just curious!

I can't believe that this has gone on for this long.... I honestly thought that Brittanee's family would have answers by now. Her birthday just passed, and the holidays are coming up right around the corner, and I know it just gets harder and harder for them every year they spend without her, just wondering where she is and if she's okay, and wondering what has happened I hope that more leads come in now that the media has covered the story of Brittanee's 21st birthday passing

Is this true? Does anyone have a link to Maury? Or was this later disproven? Posting as I read in real time.

The boardwalk officially opened May, 2010. It extends from the 14th street pier down to the 2nd street pier. It's a little over a mile long. It runs behind the hotels and then you have the strip of shops in the front part of the hotels that extend farther than the actual boardwalk. I read where it was a $6m construction project so I'm assuming there was quite a bit of construction during the time, especially since it was a little over a year from being finished when she disappeared. It just makes me wonder if maybe there was less foot traffic in some areas due to the construction because it seems like it was a pretty big project.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw that quote when I googled...and that quote is very misleading.... I was there in May 2010 and it was nowhere near finished.....Parts of it were completed, but not all of it.boardwalk construction.jpg

This is from the balcony of Holiday Sands North looking south towards 2nd Ave Pier. The Bar Harbor is about 1.5 blocks further south of the Pier. The boardwalk (now) only extends to this side of the Pier and no further.

Thread 15 post #913

Is this true? Does anyone have a link to Maury? Or was this later disproven? Posting as I read in real time.

If I'm not mistaken.......wasn't this white car mentioned by a psychic? Maybe Britt's Grandmother's words were taken out of context?

LLLindsayy I, too, still have great problems with any time line... To me there is just something really, really, off.....

I remember reading in one of the threads that the DD and grandmother had a psychic with them while searching around myrtle beach, and the psychic said about the white car and grandmother agreed but never said how she knew this information.

I remember reading in one of the threads that the DD and grandmother had a psychic with them while searching around myrtle beach, and the psychic said about the white car and grandmother agreed but never said how she knew this information.

Wasn't there also a thread here on WS? Remember there were those psychic threads that they closed a few years ago and I thought there were posts there about Britt. I thought there were maps posted too. Does anyone remember that too or am I crazy?

Wasn't there also a thread here on WS? Remember there were those psychic threads that they closed a few years ago and I thought there were posts there about Britt. I thought there were maps posted too. Does anyone remember that too or am I crazy?

You're not going crazy. The forensic astrology threads were a thing and they did have a section for Brittanee.

The forensic astrology thread is what you remember RocNYchick. They are still here in the archives somewhere, probably in the basement. Britt had her own thread, IIRC. I enjoyed that forum because I am and astrology and astronomy buff. Yes there were maps IIRC. I don't know that we can discuss them here though since they were pulled. And I understand the reason, this is a crime forum, not an astrology forum.

O/T, but I swear I was on the Boardwalk in MB around 2000. Unless I'm having a total brainfart...just saw this post and responding to the 2010 part, but will go back and read.

I think they've always had to strip along ocean Blvd. I'm not sure if that's considered an actual boardwalk though. I'm also not sure if it wasn't just a huge renovation to a smaller, pre existing boardwalk. It really nice though. I was down there a couple weeks ago and was really impressed with it.

The boardwalk doesn't extend down that far, at least as far as Brittanee was last seen. However, the old mom & pop motels are on their way out. I can remember back in '09 several closed motels - and vacant or supposed to be vacant parking garages right on Ocean Blvd. Plenty of opportunity for a predator to hide and sit in wait for a girl like her.

We stayed around the 500 block of ocean Blvd and across the street, and around our resorts parking garage, were plenty of areas I would walk alone in.

It is not uncommon for new agency to take down old items or links unfortunately IMO. Tthere is a way to find old items through cache I believe, but I don't know how to do it maybe someone else knows. I did find a NG transcript from Jan. 2014.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Turn (ph) to Seven Mile Road because this has always remained a place of interest for Brittanee`s cell phone. And basically, that`s really all we have.

Note - This would be one road over from Old Collins Creek Rd.

This was interesting from the same transcript:

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Hundreds of leads and thousands of man hours later, Myrtle Beach detectives have what they`re calling a substantial lead to work on in the Brittanee Drexel case.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We got a call from someone that had met a person that made unusual statements and gave some information that they thought was unusual and suspicious.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The then 17-year-old was on spring break in Myrtle Beach on April 25th, 2009, when she disappeared. She was last seen leaving the Blue Water Resort on Ocean Boulevard. The teenager`s cell phone transmitted its last signal in southern Georgetown County the day after she went missing. But Lieutenant Capp says that area will not be the focus of this latest search.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: (INAUDIBLE) a little bit closer to home and closer to our jurisdiction. But we`d rather remain vague at this point.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Capp says the case remains very active, and investigators constantly follow new leads. But this latest tip is better than even the tipster was aware.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: They contacted us, and with our knowledge of the case, we were actually more interested than that person even realized.

From a another part of same:

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: And now Myrtle Beach police investigators are releasing new information, saying that they are looking at even more people who may have been involved.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: There`s a couple more we`re looking at now.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: So there`s more persons of interest in the case?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Yes, there is.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: About how many, would you say?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: At least one more.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: With more. So four or five?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: One will always lead to another, to another, to another. We know that. One word could break the case.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: A team of investigators has been working on this case. Some of them even wear "Help find Brittanee " bracelets. They say they have to be tight-lipped about it all because it is an active investigation. But they say they are just one good lead away from making an arrest.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Do you think, in the end, one arrest will be made or several? Do you think it was a group?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I think, in the end, there will be several arrests, but it`s going to start with one, and then the domino effect will occur. And one right after another, people will start talking.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1401/10/ng.01.html

"UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I think, in the end, there will be several arrests, but it`s going to start with one, and then the domino effect will occur. And one right after another, people will start talking."

Is this starting to happen?

"UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I think, in the end, there will be several arrests, but it`s going to start with one, and then the domino effect will occur. And one right after another, people will start talking."

Is this starting to happen?

Suspected but unconfirmed .

http://www.live5news.com/story/3249...for-5-suspects-after-deadly-shooting-in-huger

The Berkeley County Sheriff's Office has arrested 26-year-old Kenneth Campbell, Jr., from Saint Stephen.

"Campbell was apprehended after he was located as part of the search efforts near Eccles Church Road," BCSO officials said."The tips from the community contributed to this apprehension efforts."

Investigators say warrants are being obtained for 17-year-old Jacob Malachi Mouzon of Bonneau and 18-year-old Drake Edward Campbell of Saint Stephen for first-degree burglary, armed robbery and murder with additional charges pending.

"There are still two suspects at-large and the perimeter that the Berkeley County Sheriff's Office has been holding since early this morning is still active," BCSO officials said.

Hello to all!
I've read through all the posts and like you all have been following this case from the get go, randomly checking for updates, and getting lost in all the comments and news articles. I found this one today

http://m.live5news.com/live5news/db_330614/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=Q0Te7Yla

I am curious why she was moved so many times though, three different locations seems like a lot of work. Someone must have been getting paid, or the cops were very close following the pings on the cell phone, which imo is what sealed her fate. They were probably not expecting the situation to escalate that fast....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home