Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been discussed, but I saw a familiar name in the article.

http://www.postandcourier.com/20160...ger-than-initially-reported-investigators-say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In an interview at the jail with Post and Courier reporters several months after his arrest, Jackson said his alleged victims were willing participants and were being manipulated by police to make themselves look good.
“I just know people lied on me,” he said. “The police was manipulating them, telling them I’m no good and don’t care about them.”

Under state and federal law, using a minor for commercial sex is trafficking by definition, irregardless of consent. Two of the eight federal counts against Jackson involve minors. A conviction for trafficking involving an adult requires the prosecution to prove force, fraud or coercion.

No words for this attitude. This makes me so sick. How can people think like this? I hope the bury him. :deepbreaths:

What's interesting to me is that the tips came in the day after the arrests previously discussed here.

Yes, very interesting and, IMO, very telling.

To me there are only a couple of options.

-Recent arrest has made some individuals more comfortable in coming forward (do they feel a threat has been removed?)
-Recent arrest has made people scared and feeling like they're next
-Recent arrest has has confirmed rumors to in some locals' minds and now they fill their "tips" are true and of value

Yes, very interesting and, IMO, very telling.

To me there are only a couple of options.

-Recent arrest has made some individuals more comfortable in coming forward (do they feel a threat has been removed?)
-Recent arrest has made people scared and feeling like they're next
-Recent arrest has has confirmed rumors to in some locals' minds and now they fill their "tips" are true and of value

LLLindsayy, I'm going to go with the first one.

(BTW, my previous username was lizzybeth. Finally got back on here!)

Everything is changing, yet everything is very much the same :(

Thread 15 post #1119 (January 2013 - by me):

It really is such a shame that it is now 2013 and we are still trying to figure out what happened to Brittanee. It has been nearly four years since this beautiful vanished and it seems like we have no more answers than we did four years ago.

I don't stop in much anymore...not because I don't think about Brittanee daily, but because I am just lost. I love reading everything everyone has to say, but I don't feel like I have anything substantial to add to the discussion. I wish I did. Even with topics that have been discussed multiple times, I see points being made that was washed over when discussed before. All of this is valuable. I really hope LE checks out some of your posts to give them ideas.

I've never met Brittanee. I don't know anyone in her family. But I do feel like I know her on some level. I have a connection to this girl that will exist, even when I have no content to contribute, forever.

Please keep talking about Britt and this case -- hopefully one of you will say something that will lead to a resolution.

<3

*p.s. I don't have time right now to scroll through the few pages I've missed, but has anyone posted the age progression picture that has been published recently? (I'm mad that she has been gone so long that this had to be done)*

:praying:

britt4.jpg

Theres no dought the cops know the group involved and its also clear that people in that town are afraid to talk .So i wish police would pick them all up even if its a bogus charge they can pick them up on suspicion of even though they know it won't stick they can hold them for 48 hours if im not mistaken and i would almost bet that if people in town seen the 1.2 or 5 major player heading off to jail there gonna feel safer and there for i think the real tips would start coming in ..It's because there driving around town and the locals can see them and they feel like they have no protection if they give the police the real tips that would lead to a murder arrest..Police need to show this town that there not going anywhere and make the decent town people feel more safe ..When that happens i believe we would get something solid...Just watch the tv show the first 48 as soon as police pick the guy they think is guilty up an annonymus call allways makes its way in to the precint it never fails..

I'm a couple of days behind (pg 35) trying to catch up; but, I saw this video on YouTube & wanted to share it here. I thought it might help people unfamiliar with the area see what searchers are dealing with. I apologize if it's already been posted. I just saw it for the first time myself; and, I've tried to follow this case off & on since the beginning. Myrtle Beach has always been a special place for our family. I've always felt safe there. I'd like these people caught and our beloved beach one day safe again.

Most importantly, I'd like to see Britt brought back home... one way or another.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wFkoECun5Wo[/video]

ETA: I'm sorry, I have no idea why that video didn't embed. ???

Hi everyone! We are one day closer to finding Brittanee!

I checked in this am but haven't had time to post. It has been a very busy day. You all will not hear from me for a few weeks because I am going off the grid on vacay for a few weeks to a land far, far away where wireless signals are scarce and fly fishing is plentiful. Keep up the great sleuthing and I'll see you all soon. Will check in when possible.

#onedayclosertofindingBrittanee

Hi everyone! We are one day closer to finding Brittanee!

I checked in this am but haven't had time to post. It has been a very busy day. You all will not hear from me for a few weeks because I am going off the grid on vacay for a few weeks to a land far, far away where wireless signals are scarce and fly fishing is plentiful. Keep up the great sleuthing and I'll see you all soon. Will check in when possible.

#onedayclosertofindingBrittanee

Have fun and safe travels!!!!

In my other stuff iam doing about britt i found this kinda interesting....there is a { McClellanville / Awendaw Town Forum } on the tow n's FB page Iam pretty sure i viewed it to the very end and through out i found 2 seperate posts with a pic of what we have allready seen one just a pic of the bring brit home and the other a pic of the press conference both had a few sentences basically saying bring her home ..and now considered deceased ..Now this is a town forum so anyone one that has a computer and has facebook from McClellanville or real close by they are on it and under each pic about britt ..they are both absolutly blank not one word from anyone in town not a so sad .not a poor mom nothing and i did find it interesting that the one that states she is now dead that article was posted by one Scott White name means nothing to me but his job which is right beside his name i found kinda curious Scott White ..Self Employed toewing . need help when your vehicle breaks down in the middle of the night im open 24/7 call me .....

In my other stuff iam doing about britt i found this kinda interesting....there is a { McClellanville / Awendaw Town Forum } on the tow n's FB page Iam pretty sure i viewed it to the very end and through out i found 2 seperate posts with a pic of what we have allready seen one just a pic of the bring brit home and the other a pic of the press conference both had a few sentences basically saying bring her home ..and now considered deceased ..Now this is a town forum so anyone one that has a computer and has facebook from McClellanville or real close by they are on it and under each pic about britt ..they are both absolutly blank not one word from anyone in town not a so sad .not a poor mom nothing and i did find it interesting that the one that states she is now dead that article was posted by one Scott White name means nothing to me but his job which is right beside his name i found kinda curious Scott White ..Self Employed toewing . need help when your vehicle breaks down in the middle of the night im open 24/7 call me .....

WOW. [emoji33]

I have this handled. No problems

I went to Charleston yesterday, and made a point of looking for the billboards for Brittanee, both directions. I understood it was going to be five or six. I counted two.

Thread 15 post #1259 (March 2013). I'm finally close to wrapping up thread 15 -- it's been a long one.

A few weeks ago, I was listening to one of those true crime radio shows, like the ones Susan Murphy Milano used to do. This particular show had Brittanee's aunt (Keri D.) and paternal grandmother (Linda) as their guests. The segment was something like two hours long...even though I skipped around a little, there was still a lot of interesting information they talked about.. mostly Brittanee's childhood along with the days leading up to her leaving for MB. Her stepfather, Dawn's ex-husband Chad, first met Brittanee when she was about two years old, and then legally adopted Brittanee when she was five after he and Dawn got married, and was pretty much the only Father she ever knew until she got older. The birth father is apparently Turkish, and his family didn't approve of him being with any woman that was not of the same nationality, and they definitely didn't approve of having a child with someone who wasn't the same race. They don't clear this up 100%, but I think that they tried to keep the adoption thing a secret from her, because obviously finding out her real Father wasn't interested in being a part of her life would hurt her. Her Grandmother says that by the time Brittanee reached age 16, Dawn & Chad were in the process of separating, and then the real father just pops out of the blue and decides he wants to be a part of her life, which caused even more issues and confusion for Brittanee.

No wonder she was depressed! It seems like everything happened at once.. Parents separating, breakup off and on with the boyfriend, the real Father showing up randomly.. that just sounds like so much to handle.

There were a few points that stood out to me: When her Aunt is explaining the last text messages that were sent/received between Brittanee and her boyfriend, she says that Brittanee and John had been in contact 99% of the time while she was there. She did say though that Brittanee seemed to cut the conversation(s) off a few times, presumably while she was either hanging out with that college kid that took the video of her, Peter, or whoever else she could have met while there. And she says "and the texts.... they weren't good conversations", then says that she doesn't really want to go into detail.

Brittanee and the rest of the group she was at MB with had went to a restaurant at some point, and the waiter who served them told Law Enforcement that Brittanee was actually the only one out of the group who was respectful and polite, and the rest of them were acting like fools and seemed to be drunk and very rude.

She also says that as far as she knows, Brittanee didn't have plans to go out that night. Supposedly, on the afternoon of April 25, 2009, Brittanee had been at her own hotel that she was sharing with the other girls she traveled with. I think she had been sleeping on one of those Murphy Wall beds (The ones that fold up inside the wall).. She was either sitting or sleeping on the Murphy Wall bed when one of the girls came over and pushed the button that causes the bed to fold up for storage, and Brittanee pretty much got slammed into a wall. Apparently that was the last straw for her, and this is what caused her to start walking down to Peter's hotel to hang out.

Here is the link if anyone is interested in listening!
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bringt...home-now-exclusive-missing-brittanee-drexel-1

That is horrible! What a hateful thing to do to her!! That is interesting about the biological father coming back into her life all of a sudden as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member