Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw the terrible news on FB this morning!! I am so sorry Britanee. RIP sweet girl!!

RIP Brittanee Drexel. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Drexel family.

I wonder what Taquan received for his confession and if it was before or after he was sentenced to 25 years for the manslaughter charge. It's hard for me to believe he broke the no snitching rule out of the goodness of his heart. I do feel Brit is likely no longer with us and that she was in Georgetown county after she went missing but sorry I'm a bit skeptical of how they think this all went down.

Just read this latest and needed to be here. I'm very sad that this can even be the real story because it's beyond any evil within human beings I ever would imagine. LLLindsayy, you've worked so hard for Brittanee. So sorry for her Mom and Family. So sorry for everyone here. It really hurts us all so much.

:rose: Brittanee Drexel :rose:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/2...hot-eaten-by-alligators-fbi-says.html?ref=yfp

I am not able to adequately put into words how I'm feeling but I'm sure nothing I feel even compares to what Brittanee's family is going through. I'm trying to hold it together but I'd be lying if I said I haven't shed some tears. Brittanee needs people to be strong for at this point so I'm really doing my best. It's too late to save Brittanee, but I want to see to it that none of these <insert choice word> have the opportunity to snatch another girl again. I want to see to it that these <insert choice word> pay for their crimes to the fullest extent of the law because I am beyond disgusted with seeing them literally get away with murder.

IDK about Britt willingly getting into a vehicle with anyone but then who knows because her bff said that Britt is impulsive and needed someone to look after her. (paraphrased) However Da'Shaun Taylor only has one arm so perhaps she felt safe hopping into a car with him. My feeling is that Da'Shaun was the driver (like he was in the McDonald's robbery) and she was probably jumped by others when she entered th van. How would a man without his left arm disable a young woman and take her phone while driving. I think she was quickly snatched off the street, or felt a sense of safety if she saw he had only one arm when he pulled up to offer a ride, or had met him while hanging out with the gang she went down there with. JMO My thoughts are all over the place today and I am so sad and sickened by what she probably went through. Here's a link re: Da'shaun's accident where he lost his arm.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...raped-shot-fed-alligators-says-FBI-agent.html

BTW, DM is an awful paper regarding details but I didn't want to mention him losing his arm here at WS until it was in msm.

Could Dashaun have used his missing arm as a handicap and asked for her assistance with doing something? That thought just came to me now but maybe she would have been someone who saw him needing help. I still think someone else would have been present in order to gain control of Britt because I just cannot see him abducting her, taking her phone, and controlling her physically to the extent that she could not get away with one arm. I also give credence to your theory that he was the getaway driver -- clearly that's been his role before.

This article makes it sound like she met DaShaun in Myrtle.

For some reason it does seem they are being very cautious with their wording. I've seen a few headlines that have said Britt was kidnapped/abducted but it's hard to say whether that was the wording LE used. The words we have heard come directly from them are whats perplexing. "Dashaun picked her up," "Brittanee did travel from Myrtle Beach to McClellanville," "We think she was held against her will -- at least for a portion of the time she was here." What does this mean?

I had tried to find that link but couldn't find it. I also wanted to mention it seemed unlikely a person with one arm could kidnap anyone without help. One scenario that seems possible to me is that she had met him either at Club Kryptonite earlier or on the beach and she may have felt comfortable because she thought he was friends with PB. I know the Disappearance show had that information where one night she had met a boy when she was out walking and some other boys were saying things to her. He offered her to come to his room and she went. So sadly, it seems she was too trusting of anyone offering her a safe place. All my opinion about her seeming too trusting. Apparently, when that boy had left MB and he learned of her disappearance, he contacted LE and was never a suspect

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Perusing social media, I don't find too much evidence of this crowd frequenting the club scene. That's not to say they didn't in 2009 though. What we do know is that Dashaun was in Myrtle Beach the week before Brittanee was abducted so his trip to this area wasn't just a one time passing through.

I wonder what Taquan received for his confession and if it was before or after he was sentenced to 25 years for the manslaughter charge. It's hard for me to believe he broke the no snitching rule out of the goodness of his heart. I do feel Brit is likely no longer with us and that she was in Georgetown county after she went missing but sorry I'm a bit skeptical of how they think this all went down.

Here is a link to search his inmate record: http://public.doc.state.sc.us/scdc-public. He received the 25 year sentence in late 2013.

They may not have been a part of the club scene but if they deal drugs I'm sure people that use drugs and go to clubs know who they are.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Like many of you, who've been here for a long time, I've followed Brittanee's case for years, hoping she either turn up alive or alteast concrete evidence that would give the family some closure.

This isn't the type of closure I wanted. If true ( a part of me still hopes this guy made all this up) than this poor girl suffered tremendously before she died. It breaks your heart to read the details... I just don't want to believe them. The body deposed of in a lake with croc's... how convenient!

Anyway, the only comforting thing is, despite the fact that she is no longer with us, she no longer has to endure what she went through. Now a family can finally begin to move on.

RIP Young child.

They may not have been a part of the club scene but if they deal drugs I'm sure people that use drugs and go to clubs know who they are.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I would agree with that. I was referencing the possibility Strawberry mentioned that perhaps she met him at the club.

He's 25. His DOB is 6/1991. He was not 16 in April 2009 and in that aspect the article is wrong.

If he was 15 he could have a restricted driver's license in SC. (not that they follow laws!)

http://www.scaliveat25.com/driverlicenseinformation.html

Driving Restrictions:
  • You may drive alone during daylight hours from 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. (or 6p.m until 8 p.m. during daylight savings time).
  • From 6 p.m. (or 8 p.m. during daylight savings time) until midnight, you may drive if a licensed driver who is at least 21 years of age and is seated in the front right passenger seat.
  • Between midnight and 6 a.m., you may drive if your licensed parent or legal guardian accompanies you.
  • You cannot transport more than two passengers under the age of 21 unless you are accompanied by a licensed adult who is at least 21 years old. The only exception is if you are transporting family members or students to and from school.
  • You may obtain full driving privileges when you are 16 if you have had your license for one year and have no traffic offenses or been involved in any at-fault accidents. If you are under the age of 17 and accrue six or more points on your record before you have held your license for one year, your license will be suspended for six months.

My entire 63 years of life I have only known of one horrific murder that touched me like Brittanee's. When I was only 19 yrs old there was a young couple, only 16. They had gone to a ice hockey game and then for pizza. A group of motorcycle gang (the Pagans) kidnapped them and as an initiation into the gang this couple was tortured, despicable things done to them and then they were killed. I was working as a printer in a photo lab and someone from that gang had put in film to be developed. They were so horrible the police were notified. Being only 19, I was protected by older employees and didn't see the photos. The actual murderers were convicted and one died in prison. I think the other is still serving life. I usually don't let my mind go back to that sad and horrifying day and I never thoughtv something could affect me as much but sadly this is going to be with me forever too.
I am so sorry to go off topic but there are so many people who have worked here one these Brittanee threads. I feel close to you. None of us ever could have thought this outcome could be thid bad.
We all have discussed so many scenarios. We have had some of ourc websleuthers travel to MB to attend vigils, hand out fliers and put up posters, with some taking pictures of areas involved in searches and so kindly and caring posted them on her threads. I have gone periods when I didn't check in for a while. Some have stayed the course and we picked up many newer members along the seven years. We have had talented people here and even had a self appointed psychic jump in for a while. There used to be an astrology thread on websleuts a few years back. I find myself trying to think back to some of those "predictions or whatever they were" wondering if anything came anywhere close to this alleged outcome.
I apologize for this lengthy post. Love and hugs to you all.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

BBM I agree. Also I find it interesting that LE made it a point to say they would protect witnesses that came forward with information, and now Taquan's name is all over the national news. Not good if they want others to come forward with info IMO.

If he was 15 he could have a restricted driver's license in SC. (not that they follow laws!)

http://www.scaliveat25.com/driverlicenseinformation.html

Driving Restrictions:
  • You may drive alone during daylight hours from 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. (or 6p.m until 8 p.m. during daylight savings time).
  • From 6 p.m. (or 8 p.m. during daylight savings time) until midnight, you may drive if a licensed driver who is at least 21 years of age and is seated in the front right passenger seat.
  • Between midnight and 6 a.m., you may drive if your licensed parent or legal guardian accompanies you.
  • You cannot transport more than two passengers under the age of 21 unless you are accompanied by a licensed adult who is at least 21 years old. The only exception is if you are transporting family members or students to and from school.
  • You may obtain full driving privileges when you are 16 if you have had your license for one year and have no traffic offenses or been involved in any at-fault accidents. If you are under the age of 17 and accrue six or more points on your record before you have held your license for one year, your license will be suspended for six months.

He was two months shy of turning 18.

BBM I agree. Also I find it interesting that LE made it a point to say they would protect witnesses that came forward with information, and now Taquan's name is all over the national news. Not good if they want others to come forward with info IMO.

I thought of this as well. And then I thought what if people do have information but are too afraid to come forward because they don't want to be thought of as a snitch? Perhaps they will feel comfortable coming forward now because (in their mind) everyone will assume the details came from Taquan since he already spilled so much. <--hope I wasn't too confusing.. wasn't sure how to phrase it.

I thought of this as well. And then I thought what if people do have information but are too afraid to come forward because they don't want to be thought of as a snitch? Perhaps they will feel comfortable coming forward now because (in their mind) everyone will assume the details came from Taquan since he already spilled so much. <--hope I wasn't too confusing.. wasn't sure how to phrase it.

That made sense to me, and I hope that's how people will see it, but unfortunately I think TB's name being out there will be more of a deterrent to those with info.

Wow, so sorry for her and her family. I'm hoping they'll get more closure than what has been released....I can't imagine. Saw it on huff post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3