Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(No words.)
I know. I feel like I have this scream in the lowest point of my body that's trying to come to the surface but can't let it out. I'm afraid it wouldn't stop.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Nooooooo :( This was one of the first missing persons cases i followed

I am so disgusted with the outcome of this story. One thing that nags at me is that on a previous case, and I can't now remember which it was, where the victim was supposedly fed to alligators, people posted that alligators only eat 'fresh food'- ie that which they kill themselves, and not a body that has been killed and then dumped....

I mean, I hesitate to ask since it is such a gruesome thought but...I am not from gator country. Would they consume everything? Is there a chance if they dredge (drag?) the swamp that they could find clothes, belongings or any remains that might be proof of death?

I just thank god that she was already dead when she was disposed of, that perhaps her soul was already somewhere else and not with her body...

I cannot presume to say how Brittanee's parents feel, but I am with you - if it were me, I'd let them plead to life without parole in exchange for forgoing a trial. I would ask the court that the full gory details of what happened be spared at the plea hearing. I know that parents say that they want to know everything, but I would just not be able to bear it. Grief is hard enough. And if you spare them the death penalty, you also spare yourself the details of the murder that inevitably come up every time there's a hearing on an appeal. I would just let them go rot in jail and be forgotten about so I can grieve without thinking about more court processes.

I definitely agree with a plea and not putting parents through that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

One of the many problems solving this case is; because she was held for several days and moved around to different locations screams of sex-trafficking which implies many people being involved and no doubt LE wants to solve this case, breakup any networks, arrest everyone involved + determine IF there is a tie to other cases. The crime stats. from McClellanville are way above the national average on crime in general, rape was over 1000% higher IIRC. This area needs the trash taken out or history will repeat itself.

I apologize if this has already been stated elsewhere in the thread, but sex trafficking does not necessarily mean movement around different locations. If she was underage and sold, that's enough to meet that statute, against her will or not (and this was of course against her will) - if these guys held her in one location and then took money or drugs from others in exchange for them getting to perform sex acts on her, that's enough to meet it. There was an exchange of goods for sexual acts with an underage person is all that is needed. Without the exchange, it is still multiple counts of aggravated rape nonetheless.

It is sick sad and twisted that one individual can cause such harm and outrageous acts to another human being but it is downright monstrous despicable and frightening that the same actions can be done as a group.

It is fascinating and horrible the way a gang rape can happen - where one person is able to convince many others that what they are doing is socially and morally acceptable and encourage it. I am reminded of the scene in Platoon when one of the soldiers came upon another soldier raping a young Vietnamese girl and the rapist said something like "she's just a gook" and the other soldier said, "she's a human being!" It is amazing though how that that capacity to recognize a person's inherent humanity can get turned off in those situations.
I know these guys are criminals, but the way that crime is diversified, I'd hope there was one person who saw this happening who thought it went way beyond his or her own criminal thinking or capacity as a human being. If she was held for that long, there had to be ONE person who walked through that place and thought, whoa, I'm outta here. Obviously that person didn't go to the cops, but I just can't imagine that multiple people saw what was going on and were 100% for it.

I apologize if this has already been stated elsewhere in the thread, but sex trafficking does not necessarily mean movement around different locations. If she was underage and sold, that's enough to meet that statute, against her will or not (and this was of course against her will) - if these guys held her in one location and then took money or drugs from others in exchange for them getting to perform sex acts on her, that's enough to meet it. There was an exchange of goods for sexual acts with an underage person is all that is needed. Without the exchange, it is still multiple counts of aggravated rape nonetheless.

IIRC the FBI press conference alluded to her being moved around, but I'd need to listen again to make sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had tried to find that link but couldn't find it. I also wanted to mention it seemed unlikely a person with one arm could kidnap anyone without help. One scenario that seems possible to me is that she had met him either at Club Kryptonite earlier or on the beach and she may have felt comfortable because she thought he was friends with PB. I know the Disappearance show had that information where one night she had met a boy when she was out walking and some other boys were saying things to her. He offered her to come to his room and she went. So sadly, it seems she was too trusting of anyone offering her a safe place. All my opinion about her seeming too trusting. Apparently, when that boy had left MB and he learned of her disappearance, he contacted LE and was never a suspect

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I attribute her too trusting nature to being 15, and not having a fully developed brain or life experience to draw upon. We learn from experience and maturity. I definitely did stupid unsafe things when I was that age, like getting two speeding tickets in one day, that I would never do now at 36. It is fortunate that my decisions at that age weren't fatal mistakes. We should remind ourselves that we would never get in a car with someone we met earlier that day because we're not 15 anymore.

Ted Bundy killed a LOT of women using the broken arm ruse. Methinks Mr. Taylor used this handicap to his advantage too. Brittanee was a tiny girl and it would not have taken much for a two-armed accomplice to scoop her up once she'd let down her guard to the one-armed man.

She had to have at least been spotted at some point earlier in the day by them and followed. This had to have been planned. I don't see them coming upon her walking alone at night by chance.

She had to have at least been spotted at some point earlier in the day by them and followed. This had to have been planned. I don't see them coming upon her walking alone at night by chance.

BBM: That's exactly what happened to Randa Massey though

I wonder if DT was working at the beach, so often folks from inland come to work during the summer because of the money they can make. There are businesses that bus them in daily from rural communities. I'm thinking that there is a reason that DT was at the beach, maybe he was maintenance or cleaning and Britt saw him around. He would have been memorable because he lost his arm, she may have felt familiar with him. I still question the "friends" sudden exit after she went missing, there's more there. I would love to know what they think now that these details are out?? You would think if they were decent they would be horrified and speaking out about it.

The Taylor family own a towing company. In VA Beach toe trucks are at the strip 24/7.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I am not sure just why this bothers me so much we have heard of murders for a long time and thousands of different scenarios and i am not sure why it is that i feel so much for this particulair case and not some others . Don't get me wrong i allways feel for the deceasd person or persons and of course thier familly but this one is way different . In fact the other case that has made me feel this way besides JBR of course and i know for alot of you it's likely little CAnthony but for me it's the little Paully Klass being burried in a garbage bag with her stuffed animal and burried alive that was the one that like this one brought up real anger the fact that when they found her she had rips in the garbage bag and sand n dirt in her stomach and throat just knowing the suffering made me furious I really truly thought about that trial and how her father looked at that john couey I do not know how he stayed in his seat cause I swear on my life There was no way in hell i could have sat there and not jumped over that small devider and have my hands around his throat you could tase me 20 times but unless u stopped my heart from beating i would not let go ..I really don't even know what else to say im empty .Last night when i was reading on fbook i read where i forget the names now but i think it was one last named brown he picked her up in myrtle beach brought her to the taylors he seen britt go inside and he then says he went around back to the house to find the father Shaun Brown or Shaun Taylor and was getting the money off him to sell britt so even the father of these punks was in on the holding of britt and god knows what else ...

RIP Sweet Brittannee.

So after seeing CDs post on FB he said their is DNA they found of BD. Also what did these do with Brittanee's purse, cell phone do gators eat those too?

What i have read is this she was talking to who ever was at blue water resort hotel and as she was walking to go there thats when the 16 year old picked her up and i guess told her hey ill give you a ride iam friends with who ever was at blue water /or she recofnised him from the clubs or whatever but she got in the van willingly thinking he was taking her to the blue water resort that is also why her phone was pinnging the whole way to McC / AND Georgetown I think she at first thought ok this is all going as planned but she soon realized hey why are we going out of town i thought u were taking me to the bluewater but this guy had no intentions of taking her there he wanted to sell her to the guys in McCLellinville ..thats how i read it happend after that well u can imagine it your own way of her being tied up and raped i prefer not to think about that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3