Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:gasp: My next post was to ask locals to BOLO for burned out vehicle from NMB to Charleston since burned vehicles seem to be a common thread in two other cases possibly connected to Britt's. This victim was originally from CLT. I wonder if her DL still had a CLT address and did the vehicle belong to the perps or the victim.

wm, I tried to pm you but your inbox is full.

Hey Lindsay, guess what? the comment from ML on the MB public safety FB page appears to have gone poof!

I cleared space in my inbox. :D

Good morning all. It's the start of a brand new week. Hopefully someone provides answers LE needs to make their arrests this week.

I know I've already touched on most of these posts, but it's so difficult to type much substance from my phone. I wanted to revisit the topics now that I'm at work on my computer.

Aww, thank you IDK. That's actually pretty flattering. I can sit here all day and toss theories back and forth with everyone but at the end of the day I have a theory developed in my mind that, given all the info I've absorbed over the years, just seems the most likely. I remember early on we did touch on the disappearance of Brian Sullivan. It is coincidental that the small town of Chili that they have two missing persons cases. My most probable theory does not involve the Rochester crowd and for that reason I don't see these two cases being connected.

Just to further elaborate on the motive I mentioned. I suppose it could be a form of trafficking if I phrase it that way but I don't think it is what we commonly think of when we think of trafficking. For me, I think of the scared girl passed off at truck stops, carried across country, etc. I think B stayed in the McClellanville/Santee community. She may have gone to different locations or they may have come to her -- I'm not sure. But I'm sure she was offered up sexually as payment for drugs and possibly other things. I think all the guys were known to each other and may very well be members of the same family, gang, or at the very least friends/associates of each other.

Yes. I think they went up looking for a girl to take. B fit the profile of who they wanted physically. I do not think they had seen her or associated with her before and I do not think they knew she would be walking there. We know, based on RM case, that these guys M.O. is to snatch a girl off the street using multiple guys + a getaway driver. Sure, TST was "proven" not to be in MB at the time, but I still believe 99% he knows the guys who did this and that RM was to be taken in the same way that B was.

I appreciate this information -- that there may have been construction going on at the time. How close is this boardwalk to the Blue Water? Could there have been guys working in the area that lived out of town (Georgetown/Charleston counties?). Did these construction workers have vans? I know what I said above and that these questions conflict with my theory. I'm not so set on my theory that I refuse to entertain others.

Lastly, I'm sure it's just me, but I have had difficulty locating a photo of RKT. I believe I've seen one in years past. I did find one though in a video posted on thread 13. It is a still from a video. Here is a link to video: http://today24news.com/breaking/brittanee-drexel-missing-case-updates-055248

Mods, if it's against TOS to post this image, please remove it but please leave my thoughts above. It took a while to type them all out. Thanks.

View attachment 98054

If here resort was on the same side as mine, which I'm pretty sure it was, then it backed up into the boardwalk. The new boardwalk runs directly behind the resorts along the shore. You can also walk along the street bc there are tons of shops there also. It was a huge project so I can't imagine there NOT being construction at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OT I left out this link on my above post. This is the one that says the victim formerly lived in CLT before moving to Brunswick, the last NC county before crossing the state line into coastal SC. She was also a home health care worker.

http://wncn.com/2016/07/10/nc-woman-shot-and-killed-at-kw-cafeteria-in-north-myrtle-beach/

Sorry mods. I accidentally gave the starnews post twice and left this one out. I was unable to delete/add my above post.

Personally, I just do not think she got into a car with the kind of people we are thinking are responsible for this. I can see them pulling her off the street near one of those parking garages. I think there would have been less people walking down by them.

I don't think she left with the people who are responsible for it. I think she told her boyfriend she was going to a party with somebody she had just met, and cut him off when he objected to the risk. Then she went to the party, where she encountered the bad people.

Thread 13 post #285. The 1st time LE mentions they may be looking at a bigger group of people than the 3-4 POIs previously thought.

Thread 13 post #317 (MBLover - November 2010). First post that mentions attempted abduction charges dropped against TST: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rexel-17-Myrtle-Beach-25-April-2009-13/page22

Follow up discussion ensues. Here's one link I can find that still works: http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/13440...s-against-man-accused-of-attempted-kidnapping

Post #322. I'm called B.S. on this. For one, CD was interviewed following 6/8/2016 presser and gave a pretty (IMO) knowing smirk when TST name and RM attempted abduction were mentioned:

Was family encouraged to divert attention away from TST? And for what reason?

BBM. IMO, no. I honestly don't think MB police did all that much with Britt's disappearance. I mean they didn't even freaking interview any of the Roc kids in person! What LE doesn't talk to the people that were travelling with a person who has gone missing? I think that article that was quoted was their bs, standard line they give to press. The only time there seemed to be movement on Britt's case was by other LE agencies. If the FBI hadn't become involved, I don't think we would be anywhere right now. And I think the FBI only became involved because this ties into something much, much bigger. JMO

[/B]

BBM. IMO, no. I honestly don't think MB police did all that much with Britt's disappearance. I mean they didn't even freaking interview any of the Roc kids in person! What LE doesn't talk to the people that were travelling with a person who has gone missing? I think that article that was quoted was their bs, standard line they give to press. The only time there seemed to be movement on Britt's case was by other LE agencies. If the FBI hadn't become involved, I don't think we would be anywhere right now. And I think the FBI only became involved because this ties into something much, much bigger. JMO

Wouldn't the FBI jumped in since she went missing in a different state regardless? Especially since she was a minor?

[/B]

I totally agree RocNYchic!

Wouldn't the FBI jumped in since she went missing in a different state regardless? Especially since she was a minor?

IMO no because she wasn't kidnapped and taken across state lines and she went willingly. I'm not sure the age of consent in NY or SC but it's 16 in NC. My neighbor's daughter ran away years ago at age 16, LE could do nothing to bring her home because she was age of consent. Maybe someone from NY or SC will chime in.

I would've thought so but no. IIRC, it was quite some time before even the SLED (?) came on board because I remember it was somewhat of a big deal that they got involved. I don't know exactly when the FBI became involved (did they ever say?) but first I knew of them was when they announced the press conf beginning of June 2016. I know there was a petition going around for signatures at the end of 2015 I think to request the FBI become involved. I am not sure if their involvement came about because of the petition or not.

I don't mean to rip on MB LE, but I also don't think they took Britt's disappearance "seriously", at least not in the first few days. Which angered me even more once FBI revealed she was alive and in the area for days. WTF??? Also, I wasn't too impressed with them in the "Disappeared" episode. I have always gotten the feeling that they were more concerned with the reputation of MB as a vacation spot. Again, JMO.

Thread 13 post #455. I think we have forgotten about this area of interest:

Dawn Drexel said police in McClellanville received a tip that the body of her daughter, Brittanee Drexel, could be in a wooded area off Rutledge Road.

"They didn't tell us what the tip was about," Dawn Drexel said this morning. "They do look at all of them. They still are actively searching for Brittanee."

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/latest-news/article16610210.html#storylink=cpy

Not that it's too far from the general vicinity, but it's pretty specific.

ETA: There are several articles posted around this timeframe mentioning an anonymous tip about the possible location of B. Shortly thereafter everyone recants their words and say they had no particular reason to search this area other than to eliminate it from their possibilities. Unsure if erroneous reporting or if they release too much info they weren't supposed to.

I would've thought so but no. IIRC, it was quite some time before even the SLED (?) came on board because I remember it was somewhat of a big deal that they got involved. I don't know exactly when the FBI became involved (did they ever say?) but first I knew of them was when they announced the press conf beginning of June 2016. I know there was a petition going around for signatures at the end of 2015 I think to request the FBI become involved. I am not sure if their involvement came about because of the petition or not.

I don't mean to rip on MB LE, but I also don't think they took Britt's disappearance "seriously", at least not in the first few days. Which angered me even more once FBI revealed she was alive and in the area for days. WTF??? Also, I wasn't too impressed with them in the "Disappeared" episode. I have always gotten the feeling that they were more concerned with the reputation of MB as a vacation spot. Again, JMO.

SLED came to the case in late 2009 or in 2010. I can't remember the time the article was posted, but I've already passed it and I'm now in November 2010.

If there's anything you guys vaguely remember and want me to try to find, let me know.

More crime in Myrtle Beach! And this one was completely brazen!

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article88758672.html

It's been reported that this victim testified against her boyfriend in a murder trial back in April. The trial resulted in a hung jury. She initially moved to MB from NC in an attempt to avoid testifying, but a judge detained her until the trial. My guess is that she was murdered to remove her ability to testify when/if he's retried.

Although, based on the wording in the article below, it sounds like she lied about his involvement during the first trial.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article88958787.html

Not to sound stupid and demanding but can anyone please give me a list of the updates and the things that we've learned about Brittanee's disappearance in recent months and since the police press conference? I feel like there is a lot of information that's now out there and it's hard for me to understand it all and put it together.

Not to sound stupid and demanding but can anyone please give me a list of the updates and the things that we've learned about Brittanee's disappearance in recent months and since the police press conference? I feel like there is a lot of information that's now out there and it's hard for me to understand it all and put it together.

As far as I know, nothing new has come out since the press conference. Nothing official anyway.

Speaking of the press conference, I remember some of us being confused as to how they came up with which agencies to include -- and which NOT to include...hmm. One of those (seemingly random) agencies that was included was Berkeley County.

Thread 14 post #364, a lengthy list of (now broken) links regarding the Shannon McConaughey case mentioning she was from Berkeley County. It's long been speculated these cases are connected. Even though 5 men were arrested in SM's case, it was never solved. Do we think the collaboration of these agencies indicates that they are investigating them together and we can possibly construe this as confirmation that they ARE connected?

Actually you know about as much as I do now... WM, your information all seems to be correct. Certain people believe stongly that HR is the one who has given up this information...

I, personally, feel there is a major connection between the 1998 murder of Shannon McConaughey and Brittanee's disappearance.

Here is a timeline that reveals the Shannon M. story: (January 1998 - May 2001)

1) http://archives.postandcourier.com/a...04186916.shtml
"...Shannon McConaughey was last reported seen about 11 p.m. Jan. 29, leaving the Cracker Barrel restaurant on Ashley Phosphate Road..."

2) http://archives.postandcourier.com/a...19183860.shtml
"...On Friday, McConaughey's dark-blue 1984 Mercury Cougar was found burned on a remote road near McClellanville. The fire nearly destroyed the car, and investigators found only a cellular phone and some Amway notebooks that had not burned, said Berkeley County Sheriff's Capt. Butch Henerey...."

3) http://archives.postandcourier.com/a...10184640.shtml
"...For five weeks, relatives and friends of 19-year-old Shannon McConaughey anguished over her disappearance. On Monday, their worst fears were confirmed. A body found Friday in woods near Awendaw has been positively identified as that of the Berkeley County woman missing since Jan. 29..."

^Drastically snipped this post for space. If you'd like to see it in its entirety: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rexel-17-Myrtle-Beach-25-April-2009-14/page25

I have been following since Brittanee went missing but rarely post. I do read everyone's posts and appreciate each one.
I just wanted to say that I don't think Brittanee went willingly. I think they used the word "travelled" in the presser without any hidden meaning, or meaning that she went willingly.
I also think that while her murderers may have seen her out before, they hadn't met her (through her NY travel companions...I refuse to call them friends or anyone else).
They did it only because they are evil, sadistic people (who think they are above the law) and for their own pleasure.

MOO

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I have been following since Brittanee went missing but rarely post. I do read everyone's posts and appreciate each one.
I just wanted to say that I don't think Brittanee went willingly. I think they used the word "travelled" in the presser without any hidden meaning, or meaning that she went willingly.
I also think that while her murderers may have seen her out before, they hadn't met her (through her NY travel companions...I refuse to call them friends or anyone else).
They did it only because they are evil, sadistic people (who think they are above the law) and for their own pleasure.

MOO

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

lizzy, good to see you post. I know you've been here. I see all your *bumps for Britt* in the past threads, and I see you thanking our posts from time to time :)

I am in agreement with you. On everything -- although I would go as far to say I think there's also a huge chance they had never seen her before.

Thread 14 pages 27+ - discussion of intentionally set wildfire near McClellanville/Santee area. This came shortly after the news that remains were found in a creek/pond area with a high potential for being Crystal Soles (thread 14 post #340 - 3/2/2011). It is mentioned as rumor thread 14 post #347 that the person who gave the tip to LE to search this water is one of the same persons arrested in SM's murder. Later posts reveal that person is HR.

The fire was set within days/weeks of this discovery (3/23/2011). It has not been announced in the news yet the DNA tests on the remains (April 2011). It has very recently been announced the Drexels will be coming to town for B's 2 year anniversary.

Take this info to mean what you will.

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20110402/PC1602/304029939

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members