Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is so sad. I see these pimps at the mall, just looking for targets. They are at the roller rinks and everywhere. I think Brittanee was trafficked and I thinks she had met them at the club. When they realized people were looking for her, they killed her.

This was on the FB page for Britt that is 'Missing Brittanee Marie Drexel'.
https://donnagore.com/2016/06/26/secrets-of-mcclellanville-and-the-death-of-brittanee-drexel/

The writer is correct about McClellanville being so small. It amazes me that nobody has stepped forward with information. I live in a small town larger than McVille and everybody knows everything about everybody.

I think people are scared to come forward. I can't say that I blame them after reading about the shenanigans by officials in Shannon M's case where the 5 accused, one of them a T, were set free and charges dropped. That was BS. Heck, I'd be willing to contribute to an atty fee fund for a witness in Britt's case to come forward and have proper legal protection.

How is Shannon's last name spelled? McConnehey? I'm gonna check her thread and see if I can find any links regarding the alleged corruption. I want to know where that prosecutor and others are now.

https://donnagore.com/2016/06/26/secrets-of-mcclellanville-and-the-death-of-brittanee-drexel/

The writer is correct about McClellanville being so small. It amazes me that nobody has stepped forward with information. I live in a small town larger than McVille and everybody knows everything about everybody.

I think people are scared to come forward. I can't say that I blame them after reading about the shenanigans by officials in Shannon M's case where the 5 accused, one of them a T, were set free and charges dropped. That was BS. Heck, I'd be willing to contribute to an atty fee fund for a witness in Britt's case to come forward and have proper legal protection.

How is Shannon's last name spelled? McConnehey? I'm gonna check her thread and see if I can find any links regarding the alleged corruption. I want to know where that prosecutor and others are now.

BBM. Same! And ASAIK: McConaughey

BBM: Respectfully, we don't know that nobody has stepped forward with information. 10 people could have stepped forward by now with info, for all we know. In fact I remember hearing that locals were giving info to LE right after the press conference. New info does not necessarily mean it will be enough to finally bring charges, and we're probably not going to know anything of that nature until there's an arrest.

BBM: Respectfully, we don't know that nobody has stepped forward with information. 10 people could have stepped forward by now with info, for all we know. In fact I remember hearing that locals were giving info to LE right after the press conference. New info does not necessarily mean it will be enough to finally bring charges, and we're probably not going to know anything of that nature until there's an arrest.

I hope and pray that your are right ZooSleuth! It's been so long and Britt's family deserves for this nightmare to be over and lay their daughter to rest properly. How in the world any person saw Britt being held back then and has not stepped forward to share what they know during all these years is beyond my comprehension.

Thread 11 post 436 (July 2010). This is right after they announced an arrest in RM's attempted abduction:

Lots more local media info on the arrest. DETAILS. BRB with links. OMG!
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/sto...ms_ss=facebook
"Stolen vehicle suspected in a Charleston County homicide."
Also possible connection to the Crystal Gail Soles case. OMG

Last edited by runr; 07-28-2010 at 12:23 PM. Reason: lots happening fast

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rexel-17-Myrtle-Beach-25-April-2009-11/page30

Does anyone know who the Charleston County homicide was? Is it SM? I don't think it is, but I cannot remember if it was determined who.

Thread 11 post 436 (July 2010). This is right after they announced an arrest in RM's attempted abduction:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rexel-17-Myrtle-Beach-25-April-2009-11/page30

Does anyone know who the Charleston County homicide was? Is it SM? I don't think it is, but I cannot remember if it was determined who.

I don't remember it ever being stated who's stolen truck and which homicide it was linked too. This is the only article I could find:

On Monday, detectives from Myrtle Beach and other assisting law enforcement agencies executed a search warrant at Taylor's home on Old Collins Creek Road in Charleston County, near the Georgetown County line.

Police seized several items, including what was presumed to be a stolen truck which has been linked to a homicide in Charleston County, NewsChannel 15 has confirmed.

http://wpde.com/news/crime/arrest-made-in-botched-boulevard-abduction

I don't remember it ever being stated who's stolen truck and which homicide it was linked too. This is the only article I could find:

On Monday, detectives from Myrtle Beach and other assisting law enforcement agencies executed a search warrant at Taylor's home on Old Collins Creek Road in Charleston County, near the Georgetown County line.

Police seized several items, including what was presumed to be a stolen truck which has been linked to a homicide in Charleston County, NewsChannel 15 has confirmed.

http://wpde.com/news/crime/arrest-made-in-botched-boulevard-abduction

Seriously, now. Career criminals. Seems to be this residence has been a hive of criminal activity for years, and a crossroads of sorts for unsavory types. They know local LE's habits, for sure.

You guys think that maybe LE is closing in?

I definitely think law enforcement knows who did this and just needs the final pieces. I truly hope someone came forward. It was said that people were approaching law enforcement after the press conference.

Now that the holiday weekend has passed, I intend to continue reviewing all previous threads and bringing forward (potentially) pertinent facts that we have forgotten through the years. I'm currently at thread 11 and it is July 2010. TST has just been arrested for RM's attempted abduction and bail has just been announced. It has not yet been revealed TST was wrongly identified via police lineup but that news is coming soon.

Brittanee, over the weekend I thought of you many times, but never as strongly as when we were looking for fireworks celebrations in the area and pulled up a map of the entire state of NY. Gates-Chili High School had their own celebration and it weighed heavy on my heart you have not been able to see fireworks in 7 years. I guess you're seeing them from above and I'm sure that is just outstanding.

Forever young, forever beautiful. Justice WILL be served.

That is a lot of charges for a man walking around free...

That is a lot of charges for a man walking around free...

So true. I had to drive through McVl today. As I always do, I thought about Britt. I really hope someone came forward with information that is not yet public.

Now that the holiday weekend has passed, I intend to continue reviewing all previous threads and bringing forward (potentially) pertinent facts that we have forgotten through the years. I'm currently at thread 11 and it is July 2010. TST has just been arrested for RM's attempted abduction and bail has just been announced. It has not yet been revealed TST was wrongly identified via police lineup but that news is coming soon.

Brittanee, over the weekend I thought of you many times, but never as strongly as when we were looking for fireworks celebrations in the area and pulled up a map of the entire state of NY. Gates-Chili High School had their own celebration and it weighed heavy on my heart you have not been able to see fireworks in 7 years. I guess you're seeing them from above and I'm sure that is just outstanding.

Forever young, forever beautiful. Justice WILL be served.
I was thinking of you and I know you was reading over previous threads. I'm sorta doing the same thing on Facebook and came across and interesting blog.

Not sure if you have seen it or not.
I always like to gather what all is out there even if I don't agree with it all.

http://upstatecriminals.blogspot.com/2014/05/brittanee-drexel-timothy-shaun-taylor.html?spref=tw&m=1

Doing a fb search, spelling her name different ways, came across an interesting thread on June 8 for the Missing Brittanee Marie Drexel, mentions a definite connection to PB and ST...

There was a local girl missing from June 22 through the early hours of this morning. She was found alive. There is to be a press conference in the early afternoon to give further details, but at this point it is not confirmed whether she was abducted or went missing voluntarily. Her friends, family, and the entire community really came together for this girl. I have never seen anything like it -- the amount of support on Facebook was outstanding. Her best friend even reached out to her favorite musician and helped make her case national news. I'm happy for her, her friends, and family and hope they can put this behind them and live a happy life.

But Brittanee is still missing. I wish I saw the support for Brittanee that was displayed for Rachael. No matter how many other cases I work on here, Britt is still my girl. I still come here every day and check on her. Til she's home :heartbeat:

I hope it isn't another seven years.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Doing a fb search, spelling her name different ways, came across an interesting thread on June 8 for the Missing Brittanee Marie Drexel, mentions a definite connection to PB and ST...
If it was a link to that upstate blog, we debunked that upthread. The blog author misunderstood the wording in a news report.

Thread 12 post #222 (RoseC, August 2010). This was after TST was arrested for RM's attempted abduction, but before the charges were dismissed due to RM identifying the wrong person via photo lineup. It is the entire transcript of JVM between Jane and DD. I apologize is anyone thinks this is irrelevant. I thought it might bring forth some point for discussion.

This was tonite JVM show

All right, a beautiful young woman vanishes on spring break. Now one year later cops in Myrtle Beach finally may have a break in the case. I`m going to talk one on one with Brittanee Drexel`s mother next.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight, new hope for the family of a young woman who went missing during spring break at Myrtle Beach. Cops have a man in custody for another attempted kidnapping that happened near the same hotel where Brittanee Drexel vanished.

And Brittanee`s family say they know who he is. Timothy Shawn Taylor turned himself in to police last Wednesday. He says he heard the cops were looking for him. As a matter of fact, Taylor`s name came up in the investigation into Drexel`s disappearance a while ago. He was questioned but cops let him go.

This is the last time anyone saw 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel as she walked out of a Myrtle Beach hotel in April of 2009.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

DAWN DREXEL, BRITTANEE`S MOTHER: It`s been horrible, because I don`t know where she is. I don`t know if she`s alive. I don`t know if somebody maybe picked her up.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What a nightmare. Taylor says cops have the wrong man but he is charged in this latest attempted kidnapping -- with attempted kidnapping and first degree assault and battery. Again this is the most recent in case. He is being held tonight on $70,000 bond.

Could he know what happened to Brittanee Drexel? Call me 1-877-JVM- SAYS.

Straight out to my very special guest: Dawn Drexel, Brittanee`s mother. First of all, thank to you Dawn so much for being here. We -- our heart breaks for you on what you`ve been through; we know that you have been living a nightmare since spring break of 2009. We want to help solve your daughter`s case. We want to find out what happened to your precious daughter.

What makes you think --

D. DREXEL: You`re welcome. Thanks, Jane.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: -- what makes you think this Timothy Shawn Taylor is involved with Brittanee`s disappearance?

D. DREXEL: Well, we heard the name before. With the attempted abduction in Myrtle Beach that happened last Wednesday, it`s the same area where Brittanee went missing. So I mean there could be a possibility that he could be involved in Brittanee`s abduction also.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well and the other thing is that apparently Taylor, this suspect, lives a mile away from where Brittanee`s cell phone was found?

D. DREXEL: That is correct.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What do you know about that?

D. DREXEL: That is correct. He does not live -- according to what I know -- he does not live that far from -- from that tower where her cell phone last pinged.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And apparently Taylor was last seen driving a blue van similar to the one that was reported seen driving away after your daughter vanished?

D. DREXEL: That -- that -- I am not too sure of. I didn`t hear that they have seen that blue van before. I`ve heard of a van but I`m not sure if that`s the same van that they were speaking about in reference to Shawn Taylor driving that.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Seventeen year-old Brittanee Drexel, the daughter of this woman we are talking to, this brave and courageous woman tonight, vanished while on spring break, in Myrtle Beach, April, 2009. She was there on the sly.

Brittanee`s mom told her, you can`t go -- Brittanee went anyway. Young kids will do that kind of thing. Brittanee was last seen right here leaving the Blue Water Hotel on April 25th. She had been visiting with a group of young men from her hometown in Rochester, New York.

Now, here is what really gets me, Mike Brooks, this suspect that they just arrested and accused of trying to kidnap somebody in the same area, where she was last seen. He`s got a brother. His brother in 1998 was charged with the abduction and murder of a 19-year-old girl whose body was found in the same area where Brittanee`s cell phone last pinged near where these guys live.

MIKE BROOKS, HLN LAW ENFORCEMENT ANALYST: Jane, this is not a coincidence. I`m telling you that. And law enforcement doesn`t think so either. They need to dig down, find out from his -- do -- get a subpoena.

Find out what his cell phone pings were doing that day. Where he was, he better to be able to have account -- and his brother -- they better be able to account for their whereabouts when Brittanee disappeared. Because Jane, do you think this was the first time that he`s -- he`s done this?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I don`t know.

BROOKS: Absolutely not.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: This guy has got a rap sheet a mile long.

BROOKS: Sure.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: In the latest incident which happened July 21st, a 20-year-old woman said two men grabbed her and tried to push her into a van. She fought back and got away. Cops say the man under arrest for that attempted kidnapping -- you`re looking at him here -- Timothy Shawn Taylor has a rap sheet that includes 30 offenses, including domestic violence, DUI and giving false information to police.

When cops searched his house after his arrest they found a stolen truck. Now Taylor is saying, well, I`m married with children. I didn`t kidnap anyone.

BROOKS: Right.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: You know what, Robin Sax, this -- this smells bad.

SAX: It does. Mike Brooks says it so well. I mean, this isn`t a coinkydink (ph) ladies and gentleman. I mean, you`re -- you`ve got all of the makings for a -- a very viable suspect here. And the part that`s so outrageous is that this is a name that`s been floated around before why haven`t those pings being detected that Mike`s suggesting done a long time ago.

Why don`t we have surveillance cameras, why haven`t we positively ID them? Why did we wait until this guy turns himself in to find him?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I agree with you. And that`s my big issue tonight, was this a missed opportunity?

Brittanee`s family, we`re talking to her mom tonight, say cops interviewed this guy, Timothy Shawn Taylor, back when Brittanee`s first disappeared but they let him go.

Brittanee`s dad says this arrest is no coincidence.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

CHAD DREXEL, FATHER OF BRITTANEE DREXEL: Shawn lives in an area about a mile away from Brittanee`s cell phone -- last known cell phone activity - - a mile away.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Once again, this guy is from McClellanville, South Carolina. That`s the last place Brittanee`s cell phone pings registered and where a pair of her sunglasses were reportedly found and Taylor`s brother was one of five men once charged in the death of 19-year-old Shannon`s McConaughey. The men were later released for lack of evidence but Shannon`s body was dumped within ten miles of where Brittanee`s cell phone pings were last detected.

Dawn, you know, if we`re connecting the dots here, why didn`t cops connect the dots?

DAWN DREXEL, MOTHER OF BRITTANEE DREXEL: I`m not sure. I know that they are doing everything that they possibly can. Especially in Myrtle Beach, you know, they haven`t had a missing person`s case there. They are doing as much as they can along with the state.

(CROSS TALKING)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: More on the other side of the break. Right on the other side.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

MYRISSA DREXEL, BRITTANEE DREXEL`S SISTER: Sissy (ph), just please come home. I really want you home. I miss her saying "sis" to me all the time. I miss her being there after school. When she comes home from cosmetology, she`s home. I miss her being just around and I just want her back.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: That poor little girl; Brittanee Drexel`s little sister begging for her big sister to come home. Brittanee vanished during spring break last year. Her cell phone reportedly found 43 miles away in McClelanville, South Carolina.

Jamie, Kentucky, your question or thought?

JAMIE, KENTUCKY (via telephone): Yes, I was just saying, I prayed for this little girl and I know other people have prayed for this little girl. And the lord is not going to let this man get away with hurting another child. And I pray for that mother.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: We all pray for Dawn Drexel and her family. This is domestic terrorism. The mother of the Tennessee woman -- the 20-year-old Tennessee woman who survived the recent attempted kidnapping suffered a heart attack and is in intensive care. And that 20-year-old girl has been unable to sleep since the incident and she`s the lucky one because she got out alive.

This is domestic terrorism, Mike Brooks.

MIKE BROOKS, HLN LAW ENFORCEMENT ANALYST: You know what Jane. I tell you, I haven`t worked terrorism before. This is the closest thing I see to it. And this guy -- we can`t show his guy, Taylor`s picture enough because I guarantee you, people in Myrtle Beach know this guy. If people have -- something happened to you and you see this guy, please let law enforcement know because I guarantee you, with all his prior charges, he has probably tried to do this before. I guarantee it, Jane.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Dawn, what is your reaction. What is your reaction to the news that they interviewed this guy shortly after your daughter disappeared?

D. DREXEL: They didn`t really say too much in the beginning about him. As far as -- as far as Brittanee`s abduction -- at least I don`t remember. It was quite some time ago. I was in the police department every single day that we were down in Myrtle Beach for the 2 and 1/2 months that I stayed down there. And I know that there was a lot of people brought up during the investigation. Trying to put them all together is very hard for me because I`m very, very focused on finding my daughter. I`m going to stop at nothing to find out what happened to her.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What have you been through in the past year? I don`t think anybody has any comprehension. I try to understand what must it be like and I don`t think my imagination can even come close to what you have been experiencing. Can you try to put it in words?

D. DREXEL: The past year, it`s like going through hell. It`s the worst thing you could ever go through. I mean you bring your babies into this world. You love them unconditionally, and you know to think that you might not see her pretty little face again, it kills me. It kills me. And it hurts her brother and sister. And just with, you know, with her brother and sister, it`s very difficult for them and it`s very difficult for me to see them as sad as they there, you know, with their sister that has gone missing.

(CROSS TALKING)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: We have to leave it right there. But I want to say, our hearts goes out to you and we want justice for you and your family.

You`re watching ISSUES.

D. DREXEL: Thank you.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

END

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics